Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago PD Spoilers

Chas411
  • Start Topic

Meh, I don't really care for the whole Burgess takes on in Intelligence storyline. Mainly because it's been done to death already and she hasn't even made the unit. I've a feeling it'll be full of Gabby-esque marvellous moments of proving how brilliant she is and how Intelligence need her.

Another reason is that I can't get over the gaping hole in the writing where Voight would allow two people in his unit to date... let alone two junior members.

The fact that Voight would allow two people to be together and be in his until is bullshit. It's bullshit b/c that's the very reason Lindsay and Halstead aren't together. Also, like stated above, Ruzek/Burgess are the "junior" officers [a.k.a not detective status]. Also they always seem to let their personal relationship affect their work. For the short time that Lindsay and Halstead were together they never let their personal relationship enter the work realm. 

Add me to the list of fans/viewers that don't wanna see Burgess in Intelligence.

Ruzek already plays the part of the inexperienced but enthusiastic fresh-ideas newby, so we don't need Burgess bringing that too, especially after her failure to call in backup thanks to her inexperience as a beat cop a few episodes ago left the perps unnecessarily dead and her partner severely wounded. Put her on the back shelf and focus more on her partner who could have so many more interesting story lines.

And as always, More Olinsky and Antonio, please.

Looking at the spoilers coming out for the season finale. I hope they don't screw things up with Olinsky and his family. They already did that with Antonio last year plus I liked seeing the dynamic where they were separated but able to put things back together.

HELP!!!. Not sure where to post this question so I'll try here. I'm trying to get caught up on my DVR. The last episode I watched was #20 "The Number Of Rats" and at the very end Nadia gets kidnapped.  I started the next episode #21 "There's My Girl" and apparently she has already been found.

Where do I see what happened? Was it a FD or L&O episode?

HELP!!!. Not sure where to post this question so I'll try here. I'm trying to get caught up on my DVR. The last episode I watched was #20 "The Number Of Rats" and at the very end Nadia gets kidnapped.  I started the next episode #21 "There's My Girl" and apparently she has already been found.

Where do I see what happened? Was it a FD or L&O episode?

It was on Law & Order: SVU - episode 16.20 Daydream Believer.

• Love 1

TVLine Fall Preview:

Chicago P.D. Preview: Can Halstead Save a 'Checked Out' Lindsay?
By Vlada Gelman / August 25 2015, 7:00 AM PDT

The party’s still going for Lindsay when Chicago P.D. returns on Sept. 30 (NBC, 10/9c).

After heading down a dark spiral and turning in her badge following pal/colleague Nadia’s death, the detective is “checked out” during the Season 3 opener, executive producer Matt Olmstead tells TVLine.

“She’s at a club, drunk,” the EP says. While her mentor/father figure Voight is “heartbroken,” he has to move on and accept that Lindsay isn’t going to come back to the force. Her ex, however, has a different point of view on the matter.

Chicago P.D. Season 3 Spoilers“Halstead’s the one who doesn’t really want to believe it’s true,” Olmstead reveals, adding that he even goes as far as confronting Lindsay outside the club and telling her, “‘I want to hear it face-to-face: Tell me that you’re done.’ She tells him she’s done, and he walks away. Her last champion walks away.”

Needless to say, there won’t be any kind of romantic rekindling — at least, “initially” — between the former couple. “His only concern is, ‘I’m just trying to get her to live,'” Olmstead says.

Meanwhile, Lindsay’s drowning in “self-loathing” and dealing with her mother Bunny, “who’s more than happy to keep the party going because [she] finally got [her] daughter back. It’s very unhealthy.”

The debauchery is put on pause when one of the Intelligence team members gets in “dire straits” in the season premiere and Lindsay volunteers to help with the case. Lindsay’s return to work “creates a major triangle between Bunny, Lindsay and Voight, because Bunny now feels very spiteful towards Voight,” the EP previews. “He did it again. He pried [away her] daughter.”

But will Lindsay remain on the Intelligence Unit? “Offering [her] services to help out on this case is different than actually getting her job back,” Olmstead points out. “Getting her job back is a bigger journey. She has to prove [herself] to a lot of people. She walked away. She handed her badge in.”

Edited by betsyboo

Will Burgess and Ruzek get married on Chicago P.D. this season? — Sarah
Not so fast. Ruzek clearly rushed into this proposal. “What Burgess begins to realize is … as opposed to really wanting to get married, he’s getting a buzz off being engaged,” EP Matt Olmstead says. “People buy you drinks, you get the attention, but when it comes to actually picking out the font for the save-the-date cards, he’s not that interested.”

Given that he was engaged when they first started giving each other the love eyes I can't say I'm surprised at this turn of events. I always thought they'd go back to Ruzek's commitment issues.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 1

CHICAGO P.D.

A "checked-out" Lindsay has Voight and Halstead concerned about her partying ways. While the former realizes he has to move on, her ex isn't ready to give up on the idea that she'll return to work. "Halstead's the one who doesn't really want to believe it's true," exec producer Matt Olmstead previews. But when Lindsay tells him she's done with Intelligence, "Her champion walks away. So, there's a lot of self-loathing there for [Lindsay], but she's incapable of coming back because it's easier to keep the party going." In more uplifting news, newly engaged Burgess and Ruzek are "happy" – but not without their issues. "She's starting to wonder, 'Is he more into the buzz of being the fiancé as opposed to the day in and day out work of being a husband?'" the EP shares. "That's something that he might have to confront."

BONUS SPOILER!: Olinsky's surprise teenage daughter offers "an uncomfortable window into his past, when he was heavy undercover, lost, living in the garage," Olmstead says, adding that the detective's work family "all pitch in to help carry the weight, because it becomes a bit too much to bear."

RETURN DATE: Wednesday, Sept. 30 at 10/9c (NBC)

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2015-season-premiere-spoilers/#!9/fall-preview-chicago-pd/

CHICAGO P.D.

Voight’s decision to shoot his son’s killer lands Lindsay in a tight spot in the season premiere. “She’s identified by Commander Crowley as knowing more than anybody else does, due to her closeness with” the Intelligence Unit sergeant, executive producer Matt Olmstead previews. The opener is “a real crucible episode for Lindsay in terms of what she’s going to do.” On the romance front, Ruzek is moving on from his ex, and Antonio hits it off with Chicago Fire‘s Sylvie. “He’s reluctant [to start a relationship] — there’s no way it should happen — but she’s a bit more like, ‘Why not?'” Olmstead describes. Meanwhile, Burgess gets a new partner (Quantico‘s Li Jun Li) who is coming off “the worst job in the city” (writing parking tickets), because she rebuffed the advances of her commander.

BONUS SPOILER!: An early installment shines the spotlight on Platt when “she’s jumped and attacked and beaten within an inch of her life,” Olmstead previews. “It’s a real tour de force episode for [portrayer] Amy Morton.”

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2016-season-premiere-spoilers/#!8/undefined/

4 hours ago, Chas411 said:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/intense-chicago-p-d-sends-marina-squerciati-off-to-baby-leave/amp/

I'm surprised Marina is already done. It felt like only a few weeks since she announced her pregnancy.

Also a bit mind numbing that again a family member takes a savage beating in order to facilitate a characters personal storyline. I'm assuming at the poInt Jays dad will be killed off by the finale.

It really doesn't pay to be a family member, does it....so we have a brutal rape, Lexi got burnt alive, Justin got shot in the head & shoved in the boot of a car....It's about time they put their thinking caps on & got some new ideas. It's getting a bit boring folks.

5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

It seems actually that she left as late as possible! At least in my country, maternity leave starts around 8 weeks before the date of delivery and that article said that she's due in April.

I wish I lived in your country!  In the US, women don't get maternity leave BEFORE the baby is due.  Most women work up to just days before delivery.  Then some but not all get paid maternity leave after the baby is born, but it's not a given, and it varies from 4-12 weeks depending on who you work for and your job.

42 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I wish I lived in your country!  In the US, women don't get maternity leave BEFORE the baby is due.  Most women work up to just days before delivery.  Then some but not all get paid maternity leave after the baby is born, but it's not a given, and it varies from 4-12 weeks depending on who you work for and your job.

Well in most aspects we are a third world country compared to the US so you wouldn't like it here either :P So I guess (successful) actresses have it good because they can't keep them on set doing dangerous stuff for too long huh? But I guess at least we have paid maternity leave as a guarantee, even though it depends on whether you are a full time employee and of course, just because it's the law doesn't mean that all companies respect it!

I don't think Marina will be destitute if her leave isn't completely paid for. I believe you can take official parental leave in the USA before the baby is born, but that shortens the time you would have after the baby is born plus you are just sitting around waiting for the baby to come anyway. Pretty sure most USA companies have to allow a certain amount of parental leave, but may not have to pay the employee during it. 

I wasn't sure where to post this, but it's kind of spoilerish...  Did anyone watch Chicago Med last week?  Jay and Natalie going to a hockey game?  And then the synopsis for this week's episode is that she asks Det. Halstead for help with a patient?  Uh... wtf, mate?

• Love 1

Exactly!  I'm hoping that the writers are trying to show nothing more than a friendship, and maybe Jay trying to help his brother out by putting in a good word for him with Natalie, but if it's more than that...  That's just wrong.

• Love 2

Maybe helping Natalie with a patient and Natalie's loss of her husband are supposed to make Jay realize how precious and short life is? (Not that he wouldn't know that already, but sometimes one needs a reminder). Maybe Natalie's a catalyst? Or would that be expecting too much from the writers?

And can I just bring up again that Jay was envisioning himself and Lindsay 20 years from now and that this is not how someone who does that would act?! Split up or not, you don't get over someone so quickly when you consider them to be the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Maybe helping Natalie with a patient and Natalie's loss of her husband are supposed to make Jay realize how precious and short life is? (Not that he wouldn't know that already, but sometimes one needs a reminder). Maybe Natalie's a catalyst? Or would that be expecting too much from the writers?

And can I just bring up again that Jay was envisioning himself and Lindsay 20 years from now and that this is not how someone who does that would act?! Split up or not, you don't get over someone so quickly when you consider them to be the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Well, I've read that the writers are different for Med and PD, so I think that would be asking too much.  They'd need to interact and really come up with the long-term plan, and I don't give them that much credit.

You also don't walk away saying, "I love you and I want to stay, I just can't right now."  Then all they both admitted to was needing some time.  Their relationship is 100% unresolved.  He wouldn't just move on with his brother's crush.  But it's so weird.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

You also don't walk away saying, "I love you and I want to stay, I just can't right now."  Then all they both admitted to was needing some time.  Their relationship is 100% unresolved.  He wouldn't just move on with his brother's crush.  

I'm half wondering if the writers of Med watch PD at all. Then again maybe it's a red herring. It's still just really inappropriate for Them to even have any sort of moment.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Guildford said:

At least Jay & Nat actually have some form of chemistry.

They do?  I don't see it at all, sorry.

3 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Bush and Soffer were a couple, so I think an argument can be made that there was definitely something there.

I think they have great chemistry.  Season 2, when they "no longer work together..."  That scene just oozes chemistry in my opinion.  They can tell a story just with their looks.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

They do?  I don't see it at all, sorry.

I think they have great chemistry.  Season 2, when they "no longer work together..."  That scene just oozes chemistry in my opinion.  They can tell a story just with their looks.

Everyone sees things differently....I actually think there was more chemistry between Erin & Jay back in season 1...once they got together I actually find it painful to watch and I do not see how people are weeping over them because 'they've been through so much, they love each other so much'. I just don't see it but I do see more chemistry between Jay & Nat, that's just me and I know around here I am in the minority.

I did pick up on the chemistry I won't deny that but I find Nat so unbelievably unlikeable and badly written that I wouldn't wish her on any character least of all the Halstead brothers.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Guildford said:

Everyone sees things differently....I actually think there was more chemistry between Erin & Jay back in season 1...once they got together I actually find it painful to watch and I do not see how people are weeping over them because 'they've been through so much, they love each other so much'. I just don't see it but I do see more chemistry between Jay & Nat, that's just me and I know around here I am in the minority.

Oh yeah, I agree about season 1, when they are still just flirting. 

But I still didn't see it with Natalie. Maybe it's because I don't want to... it's still just weird to me. 

Edit to add:   I think all couples show more chemistry when they are in the will-they-or-won't-they phase, and then less after they get together.  That happens on TV shows and in real life too. ;-)

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I'm half wondering if the writers of Med watch PD at all. Then again maybe it's a red herring. It's still just really inappropriate for Them to even have any sort of moment.

I don't know about the writers but Derek Haas has made comments on twitter that suggest that he has at least some knowledge of Med.

I am so not liking Haas saying in his Q&A that Jay will ask something of his brother when asked about Linstead. That sounds like Jay will ask Will if there's something going on between him and Natalie or if he can ask Natalie out, something along those lines.

4 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I am so not liking Haas saying in his Q&A that Jay will ask something of his brother when asked about Linstead. That sounds like Jay will ask Will if there's something going on between him and Natalie or if he can ask Natalie out, something along those lines.

Way too much to hope that Jay asks Will to be his best man?

16 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Way too much to hope that Jay asks Will to be his best man?

I think so. Maybe I'm wrong but with the way things have gone with Linstead so far, I'm thinking that Haas maybe intended for fans to think that way and it's going to be something very different. I'm definitely expecting something different and more along the lines of the worst. And I guess, in that case, there would be other shows out there to watch.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

I think so. Maybe I'm wrong but with the way things have gone with Linstead so far, I'm thinking that Haas maybe intended for fans to think that way and it's going to be something very different. I'm definitely expecting something different and more along the lines of the worst. And I guess, in that case, there would be other shows out there to watch.

Haas said "Halstead asks his brother" or something like that.  He didn't say which Halstead, and some people responded that maybe Will asks Jay something?  I don't know, I read it the way you did, but who knows.  Derek likes to be shady.  I suppose it could be anything.

Will lives with Nina, right?  Jay said he was going to stay with Will.  And the previews for Med don't look good for them - maybe they have to find a new place to live.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Haas said "Halstead asks his brother" or something like that.  He didn't say which Halstead, and some people responded that maybe Will asks Jay something?  I don't know, I read it the way you did, but who knows.  Derek likes to be shady.  I suppose it could be anything.

Will lives with Nina, right?  Jay said he was going to stay with Will.  And the previews for Med don't look good for them - maybe they have to find a new place to live.

Well, I guess, Will asking Jay something is possible but the question was about Linstead, so the only thing I can think of that Will would be asking is about how serious Jay is about Lindsay. Considering the relationship that they established, I don't think Will would need to ask but then this whole relationship has been rewritten since the split, so who knows.

I have no idea if Will and Nina live together. Will and Jay getting a place together makes about as much sense as everything else but I'd take it. Doesn't take away the frustration about the ridiculousness though ;-)

Since this a Med spoiler, I'm putting it in spoilers

Spoiler

I read that the Will-Nina thing will be resolved this season but not the Will-Natalie thing.

5 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Well, I guess, Will asking Jay something is possible but the question was about Linstead, so the only thing I can think of that Will would be asking is about how serious Jay is about Lindsay. Considering the relationship that they established, I don't think Will would need to ask but then this whole relationship has been rewritten since the split, so who knows.

I have no idea if Will and Nina live together. Will and Jay getting a place together makes about as much sense as everything else but I'd take it. Doesn't take away the frustration about the ridiculousness though ;-)

Since this a Med spoiler, I'm putting it in spoilers

Hide contents

I read that the Will-Nina thing will be resolved this season but not the Will-Natalie thing.

I don't watch Med regularly, but I think one of the stories is that Will was broke.  Gambling problem, maybe?  I can't remember, but when he started dating Nina, he moved in quickly because he needed to save money.  Someone said they thought it was odd that Jay said he was going to stay with Will when Will was already staying with Nina...  There are a lot of things about both of these shows that make no sense. :-)

Re: your spoiler - I think I read the same thing.  

If it is Will that "asks" something of Jay, I hope it's "what the hell are you doing?  Go back to Erin." :-)

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't watch Med regularly, but I think one of the stories is that Will was broke.  Gambling problem, maybe?  I can't remember, but when he started dating Nina, he moved in quickly because he needed to save money.  Someone said they thought it was odd that Jay said he was going to stay with Will when Will was already staying with Nina...  There are a lot of things about both of these shows that make no sense. :-)

Re: your spoiler - I think I read the same thing.  

If it is Will that "asks" something of Jay, I hope it's "what the hell are you doing?  Go back to Erin." :-)

I don't remember gambling. I remember tension between Will and Jay when Will made his first appearance and on Med, Will had financial troubles because he became attending physical and needed malpractice insurance and due to the lawsuit the premium was outrageously high. I don't recall him moving in with Nina but if he did, then it would definitely be odd that Jay moved in with him.

Maybe the showrunners could do us a favor, drop the soap opera, grow up and let the characters have a mature relationship without love triangles and contrived break-up reasons. That would solve all of the who-lives-with-who confusion, too. ;-)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Maybe the showrunners could do us a favor, drop the soap opera, grow up and let the characters have a mature relationship without love triangles and contrived break-up reasons. That would solve all of the who-lives-with-who confusion, too. ;-)

Amen to that!

• Love 1

Gambling problem, maybe?  

It was a malpractice suit because he revived a patient against her wishes (she signed a DNR) because he thought she could beat her cancer. She didn't. All his money goes on paying whatever costs went on that and I think I remember him saying his insurance sky rocketed because of it too.

7 hours ago, Chas411 said:

It was a malpractice suit because he revived a patient against her wishes (she signed a DNR) because he thought she could beat her cancer. She didn't. All his money goes on paying whatever costs went on that and I think I remember him saying his insurance sky rocketed because of it too.

Ah, thanks!  I didn't realize that.  Maybe he needs to respect his patient's wishes...?