Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: HashtagNewCraig

• Start Topic

(edited)

It's funny: I read your comment and I was not sure I agreed... but then, I saw a woman running to meet Craig in the airport. I thought it was Landon and I was like... wait what? When did THAT happen? Then they showed that it was Naomie. So yeah. ;)

Funny you should say that - I feel like I remember some random website at the end of last season saying Craig had moved into a house with Landon?? So maybe that was the same confusion, ha! 

I thought it was Cameran at first. 

So what was the story again about how he and new girlfriend (Naiomi?) got together? The were friends with the same groups of friends, he was a senior in college when she was a freshman but they never really met there, she texted him sometime after he returned to Delaware last fall, and then they started dating? Sounded like she very very much wanted to 1) date Craig Conover, and 2) join the cast of "Southern Charm". Not sure which was most important to her. It all seems like a big act, down to the conveniently empty nice house owned by her parents that the little couple will have to move out of "when it sells".

The story really wasn't clear to me either...I didn't get why they got together while he was in Delaware? I remember him being a Shep-wannabe trying to get with a whole bunch of random babes at bars, but then he moves to Delaware and immediately jumps into a serious long-distance relationship? Okay, I guess. The whole thing seemed weird. 

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 2

Of course or just didn't want to drive all the way back to Monk's Corner or whatever her town is called?

Moncks Corner.  (I kept cringing when the captioning misspelled it!) My father taught at the high school there for several years, and I dated a guy whose father was a bigwig in local government, and I'm sure both my father and my ex had some contact with the Dennis family.  Moncks Corner is rural, but not _quite_ "bum****" as someone upthread said. :)  I know the show makes it seem that way, but Summerville, massive suburban sprawl area where my parents have lived for almost 30 years and where I graduated from high school, is just down the road from Moncks Corner, as is Goose Creek, and even North Charleston.  As far as greater Charleston geography goes, the Peninsula is rather small, but Charleston is much more than the Peninsula, again, despite what the show makes you think.  I was happy to see West Ashley represented, but I was trying to figure out what part of West Ashley Naomie's house was located.  

So glad to have this show back.  :)

• Love 5
So here's my question to everyone here -- am I alone in being shocked about all of this?  Was anybody/everybody aware of this?  Or was Kathryn's pregnancy & the birth of her son purposely kept secret for the sake of the show?  Hmmmmm.

Put the Daily Mail in your bookmarks and check it regularly. You will never miss a trashy story again. But, to be honest, I was SHOCKED when I saw the Daily Mail headline that Kathyrn was preggers again. I think I even texted my friend immediately.  

For those interested in the ultimate status of Generalissimo, the answer can be found here:

http://www.charlesto...tOf?oid=5819916

"merry band of morons." hahaha. So true.

Speaking of martinis, oh how I've mainly missed bitchy Lady Patricia of Martini Manor, aka Drunkie O! The kaftan, the decor excess, the condescending attitude, it was all there in its full glory---loved her intentionally regal, nearly slow-mo opening scene as she dramatically descended from her winding staircase...Laurence of Arabia indeed!!

Just wondering, at what age does a woman start wearing caftans? And, do you have to be outrageously rich and in possession of a butler/maid to carry it off?  

• Love 5

Ahh so glad this show is back!!! PERIWINKLE, yessss!!!!

I don't mind Landon, she would seriously be dead to me if she were to get together with Thomas.

ITA!!! I think she seems too smart to get with Thomas.  I am guessing that she is just being friends with him for a story line/maybe she is helping decorate his house because isn't that her business?? Her getting a divorce story was not entertaining last year so she did a good job of solidifying her place on the show by making Kathryn jealous and insane. pERIWINKLEEEEEEEE!!!

But did she really like Whitney or just didn't want to drive all the way back to Monk's Corner or whatever her town is called?

LMAO!!!  I think you are right - she probably just wanted to stay in Charleston and Whitney was okay with having her there to hook up with for a week.  Kathryn probably liked that Whitney is rich and Whitney probably liked that Kathryn is hot and probably fun to party with.  I do not believe that he ever had feelings for her.

I like Craig and want him to succeed but I don't know if getting a rich girlfriend qualifies as getting your life together, lol.  But he does seem to be in a better place and in love with his girlfriend so I am happy for him, haha.  I hope he passes the bar someday!!!

Why is Shep so bitter about Craig?  I'm sure Craig was annoying last year but why is Shep still so mad?  Craig seems apologetic and owning up to all of his mistakes. Shep mentions Craig being a slick talker and I get that that would be annoying but really who cares that Craig acted like "the King of Charleston night life" or however Shep put it...you jealous, Shep???

I hope they don't spend a lot of time on the 'will Cameron have a baby' story line. Not interesting. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Ahh so glad this show is back!!! PERIWINKLE, yessss!!!!

ITA!!! I think she seems too smart to get with Thomas. I am guessing that she is just being friends with him for a story line/maybe she is helping decorate his house because isn't that her business?? Her getting a divorce story was not entertaining last year so she did a good job of solidifying her place on the show by making Kathryn jealous and insane. pERIWINKLEEEEEEEE!!!

LMAO!!! I think you are right - she probably just wanted to stay in Charleston and Whitney was okay with having her there to hook up with for a week. Kathryn probably liked that Whitney is rich and Whitney probably liked that Kathryn is hot and probably fun to party with. I do not believe that he ever had feelings for her.

I like Craig and want him to succeed but I don't know if getting a rich girlfriend qualifies as getting your life together, lol. But he does seem to be in a better place and in love with his girlfriend so I am happy for him, haha. I hope he passes the bar someday!!!

Why is Shep so bitter about Craig? I'm sure Craig was annoying last year but why is Shep still so mad? Craig seems apologetic and owning up to all of his mistakes. Shep mentions Craig being a slick talker and I get that that would be annoying but really who cares that Craig acted like "the King of Charleston night life" or however Shep put it...you jealous, Shep???

I hope they don't spend a lot of time on the 'will Cameron have a baby' story line. Not interesting.

They ran the marathon yesterday; at the bachelor auction, Craig was purchased by the folksinger talent and Shep had to be rescued from no bids by Cameron. Shep is still in pain from that humiliation. He will never not hate Craig. Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 4
Second of all, I don't mean to slut-shame, but she's wrecklessly bringing unwanted children in the world to entrap this team's star player. I wouldn't be down with that either, quite frankly.

Yes, it does take two to tango and Thomas is just as much to blame, but still, she's the one who ultimately carries and raises these children---I firmly agree that as the baby carrier, it's a woman's ultimate responsibility to be on birth control to protect herself, not idiotically claim that "God wanted us to have a child."

See, I don't call that slut shaming, I call that telling someone to be responsible.  If I left it up to the men to use birth control, I'd probably have 10 kids by now.   Sometimes the way Katheryn talks, I wonder if she even knows where babies come from.

• Love 11

Opening scene with the dinner party was the highlight of the night because finally some truth was being stated about some -- Shep and Cam mostly. NOT that TRav is infallible. Hahahaha oh no. He's awful, but I can't stand how some of the group stand high atop their self-created pedestals and judge the "poors" and morally sinful (poor = not blue-blooded. How gauche.). Shep and Cam do it the most and yet we see the LEAST of their personal lives. Very easy for Cam to be the Greek Chorus when they don't show any of her faults. Same goes for Shep. He's CLEARLY dated alot of girls, can't commit, and yet they've shown him with one or two tops?

Also, Shep? STFU about other people's finances. You have absolutely zero concept of the real world (because you DO spend mommy and daddy's money) so I find it beyond hypocritical for him to tell Craig how to manage his life. Haha, ok Shep! Tell me more how you were so successful!  What's that? It wasn't you, but your daddy? Ok then shut up and sit down.

Whitney is EP. I want to know how much say he has. Shep is old money. He's not going to make Shep look bad.

I definitely see shades of Jax in Shep, especially with that scene about telling Craig that he was acting like he's the #1 guy or king of Charleston. Who talks like that!?!!?!? Besides James and Jax!?!!?!?   

It was interesting watching SC immediately after Pump Rules. Pump kids are kinda nuts and they own it. I feel like Southern Charm  "kids" are older, yet still act like little pretentious snots and don't own it either. Yep, hate-watching this one.

Oh also? Patricia? You're a drunk. You frown down upon Katheryn because she "let" the pregnancy happen?! WTF. WTF!? Just proves money doesn't buy knowledge, decency, or understanding. It takes two, Patty, and unless you conceived Whitney miraculously on your own, I think you'd know that. TRav is equally responsible.

• Love 7

Landon helping select paint colors is a joke. I've said it before. This is a girl who can't set dress a pop up without guidance. And I cannot stand the way she articulates. She looks like an otter when she talks.

I noticed that Landon looks weird when she talks, too. I don't think she ever puts her lips together to pronounce words--very strange!

(edited)

If I added up all the times I've heard the word periwinkle before last night, it would be less than half of the times it was used in this one episode. Periwinkle!!!!

And... it was talked about even more on WWHL.  Kathryn was a guest.  She looked positively stunning but as soon as she opened her mouth and started making those stupid faces, the 22 yr. old came out.  She said that the children stay in the guest house when they visit Thomas, they don't stay in the Periwinkle room!  These people are hilarious. 

By the way, she said the baby is 3 mos old. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

Oh also? Patricia? You're a drunk. You frown down upon Katheryn because she "let" the pregnancy happen?! WTF. WTF!? Just proves money doesn't buy knowledge, decency, or understanding. It takes two, Patty, and unless you conceived Whitney miraculously on your own, I think you'd know that. TRav is equally responsible.

THIS....so much! I am so sick and tired of people blaming women for "getting pregnant" ugh

And... it was talked about even more on WWHL.  Kathryn was a guest.  She looked positively stunning but as soon as she opened her mouth and started making those stupid faces, the 22 yr. old came out.  

By the way, she said the baby is 3 mos old. 

Well being 22 isn't exactly mature...hell, my son is 28.. has a masters degree and a great job and sometimes he opens his mouth and he sounds like a 20 something lol

• Love 6
I like Craig and want him to succeed but I don't know if getting a rich girlfriend qualifies as getting your life together, lol.  But he does seem to be in a better place and in love with his girlfriend so I am happy for him, haha.

Oh Craig might be in love but why would rich Naomi settle for loser Craig? Me thinks her sudden reappearance in his life, via text, means she really wanted to be on Southern Charm.  Supply a house for Craig to live in while filming and suddenly she's part of the cast.  I talked Mr. Final Rose into watching last night and he did not think Naomi was into Craig at all.  Plus, remember she flinched away when he kissed her in the car.  

• Love 8
(edited)

OMG y'all, this show is baaaaack!!  I am so happy. 

Add me to the list that thought Craig's new girlfriend was Cameran when they first showed her at the airport!  Speaking of Cameran, there wasn't nearly enough of her last night.  And too much Landon.  She hasn't won me over yet. 

Shep was looking rough.  I think he's reached the age where one cannot drink all day and stay out all night and look good in the morning.  He's got the real big-boy house, now he needs the companionship and guidance of a lovely woman.

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm watching again, but what is really making me smile, is, all the shade towards Shep from many posters. His first and second season was non stop Shep love. All I saw was an overgrown frat boy. I'm thrilled that so many are seeing it.

I want to feel bad for Katherine because the rest of these people are nasty about a situation that both Thomas and Katherine created. The truth is I don't like Katherine or her shitty attitude. So I don't feel bad for her.

Edited by imjagain

So let me get this straight.....Craig goes home to mama and daddy because he lost his job, had no money and was partying too much. Now he's back in Charleston and what exactly has he accomplished?  Did he pass the Bar? Find a job? Stop dreaming of being Charlestons #1 bachelor? He has done nothing except latch on to a rich girl that wants her 15 minutes of fame. Clearly this was his only ticket to get out of his parents house and back to where he could film the show. 

Really Shep, you have nothing to be jealous about except the fact that Craig is a little younger. And if Shep is getting a little long in the tooth and looking a bit disheveled, he can still find plenty of women in that town that will be happy to be in a relationship or even get married to money bags Shep. He just refuses to grow up. 

• Love 6

Craig is probably using the TV money to finance whatever he's going to be doing this season.  Show was filmed months ago so maybe he's had to return to Delaware?

He said Delaware is home but Charleston is where he wants to be or something like that.

The guests were commenting on the valet service.  Of course the party with workers running it and the valet is all paid by the show, because it wasn't this little housewarming party that most people have.  It had to be done up for the cameras so they probably scripted each arrival, pulling up to the front to the valet, rather than people finding a parking spot somewhere on the street.

• Love 1
(edited)

THIS....so much! I am so sick and tired of people blaming women for "getting pregnant" ugh

It did make me wonder if perhaps she was hinting that Kathryn should've considered an abortion...which...hey, I know it's not considered very PC to even suggest it, but I'm firmly pro-choice and believe it's a woman's body carrying a baby and thus it's her own choice.

Had it not been T-Rav's child and some random poor Joe Schmo's oops baby, I'm willing to bet she wouldn't have been so eager to go forward with the pregnancy. Part of me even wonders if maybe she'd ever terminated a previous pregnancy before finally bagging Thomas...she certainly reminds me of several unseemly gals I once knew who were shockingly ambivalent over the idea of abortion as a birth control method.

I did find it interesting the way she kept claiming that she had breakfast with Patricia while Patricia firmly denied it---to which Kathryn claimed on WWHL last night, "I don't lie!"

This skank...in Season 1 we all watched her lie repeatedly to Thomas's face that shd hadn't slept with Whitney, so sorry if I fail to believe such whiney claims! Not to mention Patricia said herself that she first met Kathryn when she was sitting in their kitchen drinking coffee---I guess in KiKi's wild world, drinking coffee with someone's roomie after a wild night= having breakfast together with said roomie. Not the same, girlfriend, soooo not the same.

I wonder how Shep's bar is doing after that fire? He seemed just a bit down on life in general last night, not his usual jovial, carefree self. Maybe the stress of adulting has finally gotten to him.

And it was interesting to see that Landon got herself a new house; wonder if her own SC income factored into buying such pricy property right downtown. Or else her ex-husband left her a nice settlement...or maybe she really does come from a far more monied background than she dares let on---I do wonder how in the Hell she can afford her lifestyle. Then again, money does stretch a little farther down South compared to other metropolitan areas, even in Charleston.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 3

She mentioned on WWHL that she's not getting back together with Thomas.

Of course she's not getting back together with old T-Rav but that won't stop her from getting knocked up by him. Repeatedly.  Idjits.  

I can't help but like Craig

I think I agree, despite his wearing too much product in his hair, drinking like a sailor on leave and his attire proving to me that he is clearly colorblind.  Bless his heart.

And Landon, I love trapeze dresses too, but I would NEVER wear one on national TV---they make even the skinniest of gals look like she's got at least 3 buns in the oven. Onwards to Periwinklegate though: she and T-Rav in a love triangle with Kuckoo Kathryn though?

That dress was many levels of wrong.  She needs to get with Cameran for fashion advice.  And while she annoyed me at times last season I never took her for a moron.  If she did indeed proposition T-Rav, I stand corrected. 

Thomas is ridiculous. I thought he was applying eye makeup in that first scene, and was like...WTH! That black eye looked terribly painful.  And the reason he acquired it is beyond embarrassing.

Yep.  He's acting like a drunken frat boy.  Which explains the fascination he has with the emotionally-at-16 year old Kathryn. 

• Love 5

T Rav is just f'd up.  Everyone is down on Kathryn for getting pregnant again.  Hm.  It takes two to tango and it's pretty apparent that T Rav didn't take any precaution either time.  He's just as responsible.  You want to play, you have to pay.  Kathryn is certainly paying by having responsibility for her two children.  Say what you will about Kathryn but I think she's loves her children and cares about them.  

This.  It seems Kathryn is the full time parent to both children, so at 24 I would say she's a hell of a lot more responsible than 53 year old Thomas who is still getting into drunken head butting bar fights.  Kathryn stated they were "unplanned", not unwanted.

I loathe Patricia and Whitney, didn't Patricia marry a series of rich men who have provided her the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed?  STFU about "proper education" Patricia and marinate in another martini. 

• Love 14

Shep is coming off as bitter and it is not a good look.

Kathryn and Thomas are so toxic together. They both own some of it but I give her a bit of a break for her age. I googled that by the way and Bravo has a little diddy that says she is 24. Sorry I missed her on wwhl last night.

• Love 3
(edited)

Glad the show is back too. 

Shaking my head at the party scene when both Kathryn and Thomas are there (before they speak at the table), and sort of avoiding each other. Damn, thats some reality TV !

Point being, here you see the 53 yr old black eyed crazy talking father and crazy immature mother of their little girl, still unmarried or partnered, not cohabitating, and barely speaking with each other, while she is now carrying their second child in the oven, ....then both show up at this "public" TV event (even if because its their TV job to showup). Damn, that puts frigging "dys" in dysfunctional. Then they argue about the baby room decor of the fancy house he is redoing that she has nothing to do with. OY !!!

Question for anybody:

So does Thomas still have the plantation house way outside of town ? Is Kathryn living there sometimes (when he is not there) ? Or is she living back home with her parents, as seen when Cooper visits her family home ? Does she no longer have that little inexpensive Charleston pied 'e terre that Thomas got for her last season?

Not clear on the living arrangements for those two. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2
(edited)
Oh also? Patricia? You're a drunk. You frown down upon Katheryn because she "let" the pregnancy happen?! WTF. WTF!? Just proves money doesn't buy knowledge, decency, or understanding. It takes two, Patty, and unless you conceived Whitney miraculously on your own, I think you'd know that. TRav is equally responsible.

Patricia is a drunk but she's right.  Yes it does take two but the un-PC thing to say is this:  women are the ones who carry the baby for 9 months, and women are the ones who wind up being mostly responsible for the child care.  If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant and doesn't take the measures to ensure that doesn't happen, then she's a fool.  Never leave shit up to the men, period.  I went to a Catholic all woman's college in the 1970's and we all knew guys were full of shit when it came to birth control, most of the girls in my dorm were on the Pill.

But I have a feeling Kathryn wanted to have that "son" because she thinks it will make Thomas want her, and if she thinks that, then she's just as dumb as Thomas.   I mean what intelligent woman would want a fifty-three year old drunk?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6
(edited)

The assumption is being made that no birth control was used, but we don't know.  Birth control fails.  Perhaps that is why Kathryn took 30 (??)pregnancy tests, because she thought it wasn't possible for her to be pregnant.  We just do not know.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 5

I'm watching again, but what is really making me smile, is, all the shade towards Shep from many posters. His first and second season was non stop Shep love. All I saw was an overgrown frat boy. I'm thrilled that so many are seeing it.

While I agree with you that I've never been a Shep fan and thought the same since season 1, I certainly have no room for smugness, as season 1 I thought T-Rav was the epitome of Southern Charm. But, hell, I'll even admit to liking Jax season 1 of VDPR, so I'm not picking any winners! Then again, there really are no winners among the Bravolebrities. Even JD let me down with some sexist and/or possibly racist comments last year. I don't remember what exactly he said, but I recall being crushed because I thought JD was the one decent man on this show.

• Love 4

I wasn't wild about Landon last season but I really liked her last night. I sincerely doubt that she propositioned T-Rav although it amuses me that Kathryn thinks she did.

I couldn't figure out why Kathryn seems to be so upset over this.  She keeps saying that she and Thomas have no relationship, and only "got back together" for a few days, and she really is over him, so why the attitude if Landon did hit on Thomas (although I highly doubt it).

Anyway, so glad this show is back, but I was a little disappointed last night.  IMO, they all just seem to be a little too camera-savvy now, as happens most times with reality TV.

• Love 3

The assumption is being made that no birth control was used, but we don't know.  Birth control fails.  Perhaps that is why Kathryn took 30 (??)pregnancy tests, because she thought it wasn't possible for her to be pregnant.  We just do not know.

Well that's true; but for some reason, I doubt that with Katheryn any birth control was used except crossing your fingers.

• Love 4

Thomas seems to have bountiful and endless wealth. I would love to know how much that drunk is worth. That home he was rehabbing is worth millions and it's not the only home he owns.  It looks as though since he lost the election, he has been hitting the bottle (and whatever else) really hard.  He is a mess! He has GOT to be the laughing stock of Charleston society. Stumbling around town, slurring his speech, with that black eye, making babies with a woman 30 years younger than himself. I can only imagine how much he drinks when the camera's are not on him. What a fool,  I don't care if his well known daddy has a bridge named after him, he has got to be an embarrassment to his family. Isn't there anybody in his family that sees this and can try to get this idiot in to rehab or something? 

• Love 10

It kind of grossed me out that she had ALL 30 of those pee sticks in a ziploc bag in her makeup table...I mean, seriously - did she need them as proof to show Thomas?  

• Love 10

And it was interesting to see that Landon got herself a new house; wonder if her own SC income factored into buying such pricy property right downtown. Or else her ex-husband left her a nice settlement...or maybe she really does come from a far more monied background than she dares let on---I do wonder how in the Hell she can afford her lifestyle. Then again, money does stretch a little farther down South compared to other metropolitan areas, even in Charleston.

Maybe she's renting? Although rents in downtown Charleston are crazy expensive as well. I don't remember her saying anything about buying the house she's living in. 

So Kathryn doubled down with Thomas rather than giving him the finger.  I'm not surprised she has no interest in anything but her hopes for Thomas' money and "wife" status.  Maybe baby #3 will get him to put a ring on it, Kathryn, lol.

I need Shep to grow up.  His thing against Craig is getting old, and he needs to move on.  Be more interesting, Shep!

• Love 4
(edited)

Yep.  He's acting like a drunken frat boy.  Which explains the fascination he has with the emotionally-at-16 year old Kathryn. 

Not just Kathryn, though. He flirts with any female under 25!  The chick AT the party who was a senior! I just hate seeing the woman being portrayed as the "harlot" and the OLD MAN being somehow portrayed as being fooled somehow.  She's 23. Of course she's immature. He's pushing 50, and he's STILL immature (I don't believe he was headbutted unprovoked). I guess I just feel badly for Kathryn because I'd bet she's going to get saddled with raising the kids and Thomas will pop in and visit, but I don't expect him to be a present father. 

And yes, Kathryn's intention MAY have been to get herself "knocked up" by Thomas. And shame on her if that was her intent, but nothing has absolutely been clearly stated as that.  

Sorry - I just have a hard time when women are slut-shamed.  Even IF she DID SLEEP WITH ALL OF THEM, so the eff what. She can. Move on. Men do it. FWIW, I think it's gross for both sexes (lol), but I don't think it's fair to shame one gender but not the other. And in this case, it seems like the cast is more critical towards Kathryn that Thomas, and yet.... Thomas has the black eye. Amazing.

Lighter note: hahaha, yes, Landon's dress was interesting. I immediately thought how comfy she must be, but how it also must be four sizes too large. 

ETA: Want to know how Landon was able to get her new house too, plus see what it looks like...

Edited by chipsnsalsa
  • Love 10

It kind of grossed me out that she had ALL 30 of those pee sticks in a ziploc bag in her makeup table...I mean, seriously - did she need them as proof to show Thomas?  

Seriously!!  It grossed me out, too, all I could think of was the pee.  I think they were dated, too, with a sharpie.  So much weird.

• Love 6

And if you're so unhappy living out on TRav's plantation house, there's this amazing new contraption called an automobile that will actually get you into town in no time.  I hear there's even indoor plumbing in town! 

I'm confused though.  Is she living at Thomas's plantation or at her parent's house?  Did they clarify that?

To me it looked like her parents house.  It did not look like Thomas' plantation house.

• Love 3

OMG! The Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus all got together and gifted us with Previously TV recaps of Southern Charm! Thank you, Chanel, you are an answer to prayer. Switch Kathryn's ranking with Patricia's, though. Patricia should always be the default least objectionable cast member because martinis, caftans, and butlers trump used pregnancy test kits, false eyelashes, and rage.

• Love 3
(edited)

Whitney and Shep need to find something to do with their lives besides this show, sure they might not need to work, but even if you have the means to do nothing all day, it doesn't mean you should do nothing all day.

They do, Whitney produces the show and Shep owns a bar/restaurant.

Also, Shep? STFU about other people's finances. You have absolutely zero concept of the real world (because you DO spend mommy and daddy's money) so I find it beyond hypocritical for him to tell Craig how to manage his life. Haha, ok Shep! Tell me more how you were so successful!  What's that? It wasn't you, but your daddy? Ok then shut up and sit down.

While Shep has a trust fund, he was smart & savvy enough to make into his mid-30's by not blowing it all...and being able to live comfortably off the  interest it's generating--aka 'mailbox money' as Shep calls it He also owns a home and business.

That's very responsible behavior when it comes to handling money IMO. Also, wasn't Shep's degree in business?

So yes, I think he can school Craig on finances

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 4

ETA: Want to know how Landon was able to get her new house too, plus see what it looks like...

Landon specifically said that T-Rav's house was near "the place I'm staying." The way she phrased it (rather than "my" house or apartment), I got the distinct impression that it is simply a place she's staying at for filming and not even paying rent, just like the boat she was staying in last year. Or, remember the rocker wannabe girl from season 1, Jenna? She was also given a gorgeous--and completely empty--house to stay in for filming.

• Love 4

Just how and why did Thomas come to lose so much weight since last season. He was not overweight plus he is active (the polo thing).

Stress? Doctors orders (middle age male heart issues//blood pressure)? Drugs - the recreational kind ? 

I think he looks a bit gaunt. 

(edited)

They do, Whitney produces the show and Shep owns a bar/restaurant.

While Shep has a trust fund, he was smart & savvy enough to make into his mid-30's by not blowing it all...and being able to live comfortably off the  interest it's generating--aka 'mailbox money' as Shep calls it He also owns a home and business.

That's very responsible behavior when it comes to handling money IMO. Also, wasn't Shep's degree in business?

So yes, I think he can school Craig on finances

It may be that Shep's trust fund was set up in a way that he could live off the "mailbox money" and not blow it, so I can't exactly give him credit for that without knowing the details.  As far as I understand, Shep bought the home and the restaurant with trust fund money, so I'm not going to give him credit for that either.  I will give him credit for this, Shep knows how to live off someone else's money.  Since Craig seems to have landed a rich girlfriend, maybe he is exactly the one to mentor Craig on finance.  How to live off your father/father in law's money 101.   

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 9
(edited)

Well that's true; but for some reason, I doubt that with Katheryn any birth control was used except crossing your fingers.

I really doubt that they were using protection. With their first child, I remember one of them implying they didn't use protection and I can't imagine that has changed.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2

I need Shep to grow up.  His thing against Craig is getting old, and he needs to move on.  Be more interesting, Shep!

Yeah, well, I need Bethenny to be broke again & Stassi to be a nasty asshole again.  OK, Stassi will probably get super nasty again, but let's not ask for the impossible.  Bethenny is staying rich (and NYC Housewives will suffer for it) & Shep will get weirder & uglier & certainly less interesting.  But there was never much in Shep to begin with.  

I NEVER understood the swooning over this guy in the earlier threads.  I went to college with a billion dudes who looked like him.  His looks were never anything special to me.  And now (like Jax) he's about 6 seconds from middle age, and whatever looks he did have are more obviously fraying.  The horse teeth are looking more obviously like horse teeth, he's getting a jittery old man walk & his eyes are looking more bugged out.  And that wild-looking hair, which may might have looked vaguely sexy when he was younger, now gives him a crazed get-the-fuck-away-from-me look that's downright scary.

The jealousy over Craig, I completely don't get.  OK, maybe he's still feeling the sting of that public humiliation of the auction.  Shrugging hard.  Get the fuck over that shit, dude.  You got money, man.  Craig is a broke loser, who has to sell himself to some rich chick.  You won.  You may be starting to look like shit as you're facing middle age dead in the face, but so the fuck what?  At least you got money, Shep.  Idk, I'm finding Shep's goofball routine annoying.  I'd like to see him trying to pick up college chicks.  That should be worth a few chuckles.

Alrighty, let's talk PERIWINKLE, shall we?  Idiot Kathryn mentioned it 5 billion times & I've never heard of this color, altho I've seen it.  Light purple, right?  So I'll ask the inevitable question.  Is this a big color in the South?  I asked my bf from Texas & he refused to answer.  He said it's a dopey insulting question.  Um, is it?  I love this guy, but he really has to watch this show.

• Love 6

At the beginning, Cameran is taking Shep fishing, as thanks for letting her sell his house.

Is that the same house he was building in season 2?

Guess Shep can make some money flipping houses since he probably has the capital to build or renovate.

• Love 2

He's doing the TV show.

Could be after filming, if that is really his girlfriends' parents' house instead of something that the show is renting for him, he could hang out there for awhile.

But now that the new season is airing, he could probably do some appearances as they were doing after S2 and make some money to cover his expenses.

Or just go back to DE.

(edited)

Still watching this on the west coast but just have to say that I'm delighted that neither TRav nor Kathryn managed to gather four good brain cells between the two of them during the hiatus.   Kathryn, God didn't get you pregnant; a boner and no condom got you pregnant.  And if you're so unhappy living out on TRav's plantation house, there's this amazing new contraption called an automobile that will actually get you into town in no time.  I hear there's even indoor plumbing in town! 

Patricia is a snob but I love her catty remarks. 

I'm pretty sure that she's actually at her parent's plantation house which is further out- Thomas sold off his own plantation house.

I NEVER understood the swooning over this guy in the earlier threads.  I went to college with a billion dudes who looked like him.  His looks were never anything special to me.  And now (like Jax) he's about 6 seconds from middle age, and whatever looks he did have are more obviously fraying.  The horse teeth are looking more obviously like horse teeth, he's getting a jittery old man walk & his eyes are looking more bugged out.  And that wild-looking hair, which may might have looked vaguely sexy when he was younger, now gives him a crazed get-the-fuck-away-from-me look that's downright scary.

Because he reminded us of a young Tate Donovan, and that made us smile. I do think that of all the cast members, he and Cameran seem the most self-aware about themselves.

What I don't get is Craig's desperation to be friends with Shep. He's calling him like his brother and stuff like that? They were party buddies. That was basically it. The only friendships on this show that seemed and felt real were Cameran and Shep.

I think I agree, despite his wearing too much product in his hair, drinking like a sailor on leave and his attire proving to me that he is clearly colorblind.  Bless his heart.

Craig looks so much more attractive in the scenes where his hair is not smothered in hair gel.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4

Thomas seems to have bountiful and endless wealth. I would love to know how much that drunk is worth. That home he was rehabbing is worth millions and it's not the only home he owns.  It looks as though since he lost the election, he has been hitting the bottle (and whatever else) really hard.  He is a mess! He has GOT to be the laughing stock of Charleston society. Stumbling around town, slurring his speech, with that black eye, making babies with a woman 30 years younger than himself. I can only imagine how much he drinks when the camera's are not on him. What a fool,  I don't care if his well known daddy has a bridge named after him, he has got to be an embarrassment to his family. Isn't there anybody in his family that sees this and can try to get this idiot in to rehab or something? 

Yeah, and Kathryn had sex with that.  And she had sex with Whitney too?  Seriously, Whitney actually had sex with a lady with lady parts?  Yeah, I know, calling Kathryn a lady is not right.  She looked really good on WWHL, but the eye rolling & faces reminded me of Raven Symone on The Cosby Show.  Anyhoo, Kathryn has got a screw loose.  That's for damn sure.

• Love 6

It may be that Shep's trust fund was set up in a way that he could live off the "mailbox money" and not blow it, so I can't exactly give him credit for that without knowing the details.  As far as I understand, Shep bought the home and the restaurant with trust fund money, so I'm not going to give him credit for that either.  I will give him credit for this, Shep knows how to live off someone else's money.  Since Craig seems to have landed a rich girlfriend, maybe he is exactly the one to mentor Craig on finance.  How to live off your father/father in law's money 101.   

When have we ever seen Shep being irresponsible when it comes to money? 

Even if he gets a monthly stipend, have we ever seen examples of him blowing it on the day after he receives it?

I don't see the trust fund money being used for the  purchase of a  home or business any different than somebody whose parents completely pay for their college education

• Love 1
(edited)

My feeling about Shep's money is that he inherited some, and probably has trust fund income as well, and he has invested his money so that he can live off the investment income and maybe not even touch the principal. At least that's how it sounded to me once when he talked about managing his funds and "mailbox money". I give Shep credit for going to business school and learning to invest HIS money. It's not "someone else's" when you earn it through wise investing. The house he built is his own investment, the restaurant is his own investment, whatever stocks, bonds, etc. he has are his investments. Not to take up for Shep too much, because his aging frat boy thing is starting to really bug me, but a lot of people inherit money or have trust fund income and totally waste it rather than learn to manage it as Shep does. 

Shep comes across as quite intelligent, which makes it even more annoying that he's living the same routine over and over. If he seemed happy doing whatever he's doing, I'd be all "hey, go for it!" but he comes across as so bitter and pissed off now. Take a trip around the world, Shep, or at least get out of Charleston for a while.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 6