Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago Fire Spoilers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Chas411 said:

Maybe there'll be a twist and it's actually a flashback episode or something.. It just sounds really random after the finale they had.

Sure, but it's also typical. My mom was a big Original Dynasty fan back in the day and one season ender had someone open fire in a church. None of the main cast died, just expendable characters.

So I won't be shocked if the same thing happens here.

15 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Maybe there'll be a twist and it's actually a flashback episode or something.. It just sounds really random after the finale they had.

Well Casey is in two separate episode descriptions but I guess Mouch could be a flashback, I only listed the one they were both mentioned in because I was lazy.

TV Guide spoilers for season 6 back half

After Brett and Antonio's hookup who wants to bet she's the shocking pregnancy?  I guess it would be shocking to the firehouse, but I feel like it's an obvious twist.  I doubt it would be Gabby and Matt, since a married couple who have had a previous pregnancy would hardly be that shocking.  The only spoiler that looks interesting to me is the idea of a character called "handsome Zack" though why do I have a feeling he's going to be a show up for 1 rescue scene, the women make some stupid comments about his looks and he's never seen again character.

My tip is OTIS's girlfriend...I just can't see them being able to write a pregnancy for a main character, I mean they couldn't ship it off, kill it or forget about it if it was a main character. They'd also have to write it into PD if it was Brett & I am not sure they even know Antonio is on the show anymore, let alone remember that he's hooked up with Brett and knocked her up. Seems too much of a stretch for the writers

Mama Severide will finally make her way to the series and while she and Kelly (Taylor Kinney) might have a great relationship, her appearance won't be all smiley face emojis. 

Personally, this interests me a bit more than surprise baby...I've long been intrigued by Severide, as IMO a lot of his behaviors simply aren't normal. We've heard some things about his past, but mostly regarding Benny.

(On a side note, if Mama and Kelly have such a "great relationship", why haven't we ever seen her in all these years?? LOL)

18 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Personally, this interests me a bit more than surprise baby...I've long been intrigued by Severide, as IMO a lot of his behaviors simply aren't normal. We've heard some things about his past, but mostly regarding Benny.

(On a side note, if Mama and Kelly have such a "great relationship", why haven't we ever seen her in all these years?? LOL)

I'm curious, how do you think he isn't normal?  He's your typical hot guy womanizer on an ego trip with a sometimes-there-sometimes-not substance abuse problem.  He actually seems pretty stereotypical "normal" for a nighttime drama television show to me.

23 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm curious, how do you think he isn't normal?  He's your typical hot guy womanizer on an ego trip with a sometimes-there-sometimes-not substance abuse problem.  He actually seems pretty stereotypical "normal" for a nighttime drama television show to me.

There's a distinct difference between someone who likes women and the occasional casual hookup, and someone who has an addiction; to me, Severide falls into the latter category.

He seems unable to say no at any time (the other side of the coin, that no woman seems able to say no to HIM, is a whole other thing...) and he has shown absolutely no discrimination toward the women he sleeps with, simply that she be a living body. Despite being an overall intelligent man, he has shown absolutely no regard for getting involved with women that are very clearly a bad idea, like Hope most recently. (Even prior to her getting a job at the firehouse, Severide knew that she was Hope's friend, had a questionable backstory, etc...and if he can easily get other women for a casual hookup, why bother with her?) Severide never even seems to get any joy out of who he's with or what he's doing; he's totally matter of fact, like it's just standard procedure. To me this all indicates an addiction, just as detrimental as drugs, alcohol, gambling, whatever. 

(Speaking of which, Severide also had a pretty serious problem with alcohol...remember how he was literally drinking to the point of blacking out for a while there? I highly doubt such a thing would have just magically gone away except in TV Land.)

YMMV, of course. But IMO this all stems pretty heavily from having his fiancee leave him just before the wedding years ago; perhaps he's been scared of getting too close to a woman ever since. If you throw in the fact that his parents both left him as well, in varying ways, this could really be the thing that makes Severide who is is. That's why I was quite intrigued when I heard that Mrs. Severide would be making an appearance. I think we'll definitely learn something more about our guy when she does.

Edited by SnarkySheep
  • Love 1

I don't know why I was under the impression Kelly's mom was dead. Some of the character's personal background is a blur to me, specially the parts that are off screen.

He has been able to say no lately to Stella. I wonder why, since they were having a fling a while back. I did feel bad for her for the kiss incident. If the authors are not planning on getting them back together then I wish they hadn't done it.

IIRC, Benny had cheated on Mrs. Severide...she accused Kelly of being part of it, e.g. covering up for his dad. She ended up severely depressed/suicidal, having to stay in some facility, which is how Kelly ended up staying with the Sexton family.

• Love 3
On 2/19/2018 at 11:32 AM, minamurray78 said:

I don't know why I was under the impression Kelly's mom was dead. Some of the character's personal background is a blur to me, specially the parts that are off screen.

He has been able to say no lately to Stella. I wonder why, since they were having a fling a while back. I did feel bad for her for the kiss incident. If the authors are not planning on getting them back together then I wish they hadn't done it.

Since this is the spoiler thread, I'll post what I saw on Twitter - Derek Haas answered a question and said that yes, Severide and Stella will get together.  Now, was he lying, or being facetious?  Who knows. :-) 

• Love 1
On 2/27/2018 at 4:30 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Since this is the spoiler thread, I'll post what I saw on Twitter - Derek Haas answered a question and said that yes, Severide and Stella will get together.  Now, was he lying, or being facetious?  Who knows. :-) 

I think they will, but something or someone will come between them. Awhile back, it was posted that someone was going to be pregnant. I wonder if it will be Hope? I think it's weird that she hasn't been mentioned for a while, and then out of blue, she's harrassingSylvie?  Plus, this show loves to reuse storylines and it's been a few seasons since Severide has been told (lied to) that he's a baby daddy. 

On 3/3/2018 at 9:54 PM, juliet73 said:

I think they will, but something or someone will come between them. Awhile back, it was posted that someone was going to be pregnant. I wonder if it will be Hope? I think it's weird that she hasn't been mentioned for a while, and then out of blue, she's harrassingSylvie?  Plus, this show loves to reuse storylines and it's been a few seasons since Severide has been told (lied to) that he's a baby daddy. 

I wish they wouldn't. I think they are better as friends. Did Severide and Hope even get together?

OTOH, I wouldn't mind watching anyone that wasn't Dawson and Casey. They get on my nerves and it seems the ones that the writers really love.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Res said:

I wish they wouldn't. I think they are better as friends. Did Severide and Hope even get together?

OTOH, I wouldn't mind watching anyone that wasn't Dawson and Casey. They get on my nerves and it seems the ones that the writers really love.

I think they are better as friends as well. 

No, Hope and Kelly never did hook up but I think Hope wanted him in the end but Kelly wasn't interested. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Waterston Fan said:

I think they are better as friends as well. 

No, Hope and Kelly never did hook up but I think Hope wanted him in the end but Kelly wasn't interested. 

That's what I remembered as well. I was just checking. I'm re-watching season 1 now.

57 minutes ago, Res said:

That's what I remembered as well. I was just checking. I'm re-watching season 1 now.

I thought they did hook up, wasn't she at Severide's place one morning and Kidd was there and that started her whole jealousy thing that led to her transferring Kidd without anyone knowing?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Guildford said:

I thought they did hook up, wasn't she at Severide's place one morning and Kidd was there and that started her whole jealousy thing that led to her transferring Kidd without anyone knowing?

Hmmm.... I do remember that now but I thought that was some other blonde but it could have been Hope and I just forgot. 

Yes, they definitely did hook up...that's why Severide was a bit startled when she was introduced as the newest firehouse employee, as she definitely let him believe she was only visiting, it was just a one-time thing, etc.

• Love 2

Not sure where to put this because it's not really spoilers, but did anyone see Derek Haas on Twitter over the weekend?  He usually answers 7 questions, but this time he asked 7 questions and had fans answer.  One was "favorite character?"  So, so many people said "Dawsey."  Or Gabby alone.  Ugh!  Gag!!  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Yes, they definitely did hook up...that's why Severide was a bit startled when she was introduced as the newest firehouse employee, as she definitely let him believe she was only visiting, it was just a one-time thing, etc.

If she turns out pregnant that would really put a hitch in the budding romance!

13 minutes ago, Reality police said:

If she turns out pregnant that would really put a hitch in the budding romance!

It's just the type of obvious and done before "cliffhanger" this show would churn out for the finale. Im sure she'd lose the baby or it would be revealed as an evil hoax come the fall premiere.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

It's just the type of obvious and done before "cliffhanger" this show would churn out for the finale. Im sure she'd lose the baby or it would be revealed as an evil hoax come the fall premiere.

That would make a change from 'someone's going to die.....oh wait no they are perfectly fine' cliffhanger that they usually do.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Yeah, but they already did that, remember? That girl a few seasons back, who said Severide was her baby daddy...then Shay did the math and it would have had to be like an 11 month pregnancy, LOL

45 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

Yeah, but they already did that, remember? That girl a few seasons back, who said Severide was her baby daddy...then Shay did the math and it would have had to be like an 11 month pregnancy, LOL

Unfortunately i do remember and that's why I said fine before id fully expect them to just redo that storyline.

• Love 1

I think I can see them doing that hoax thing storyline but I still think Sylvie is pregnant. 

Btw, is there a show this Thursday or next Thursday? 

Edited by Waterston Fan
Trying to get rid of that stupid quote.
  • Love 1

Because I just can't let go... NBC has updated their description of the show here. Here it is; note that it has a massive spoiler for what happens after 10x5 and what may be the end result of several upcoming episodes:

Spoiler

Led by Lt. Kelly Severide (Taylor Kinney), Rescue Squad 3 works closely with Lt. Christopher Herrmann (David Eigenberg) on Engine 51 and Lt. Stella Kidd (Miranda Rae Mayo) on Truck 81. Their tireless, never-give-up mindset brings them all closer together - the men and women of Firehouse 51 are more than co-workers, they're family.

The firehouse also includes Deputy District Chief Wallace Boden (Eamonn Walker), who keeps his house running smoothly and his firefighters prepared to overcome all adversity. Paramedic Sylvie Brett (Kara Killmer) returns alongside seasoned veterans Randy "Mouch" McHolland (Christian Stolte) and Joe Cruz (Joe Minoso). 

Completing the team are daredevil Blake Gallo (Alberto Rosende), talented and dedicated Darren Ritter (Daniel Kyri) and, 51's newest addition, headstrong paramedic Violet Mikami (Hanako Greensmith). 

I really won't be surprised if Kara Killmer/Brett leaves at the end of the season. Brett could be mentioned right up front with the others as a veteran member of the house and as an experienced paramedic-in-charge who is leading new CFD initiatives, but she's at the end of the second paragraph and lumped in with Mouch and Cruz, who don't usually have a whole lot going on. It really seems like she's going to be a supporting character running with the comic relief again, now that she's not attached to Casey. Ah, well.

22 hours ago, dovegrey said:

I really won't be surprised if Kara Killmer/Brett leaves at the end of the season. 

I doubt she will leave unless she has another job.   I'm sure she's making good money on Chicago Fire.  Going from a really good salary to no money coming in isn't something I would want to do.

I think Brett/Kara will be fine. Brett has always had story since she’s started on the show. Sometimes it’s comedic. Sometime’s it’s romantic. Sometime’s it’s action/drama. Sometime’s it’s the A plot, sometime’s it’s the B plot. She wasn’t dependent on Casey for story or connections to other characters prior to the Brettsey will they/won’t they. I don’t know why that would suddenly change just because Casey left shortly after they got together.

May be nothing but they’ve already put more thought into and done better with incorporating Brett’s new side paramedicine program into the show and lining it up with Brett’s actual job duties/role on the show than they ever did with the Girls on Fire side program. 

15 hours ago, shafted said:

May be nothing but they’ve already put more thought into and done better with incorporating Brett’s new side paramedicine program into the show and lining it up with Brett’s actual job duties/role on the show than they ever did with the Girls on Fire side program. 

That's because Girls on Fire is a ridiculous concept.  There's no way the city of Chicago would assume the liability of teenage girls doing drills on their premises with their equipment.  It's a law suit waiting to happen.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

That's because Girls on Fire is a ridiculous concept.  There's no way the city of Chicago would assume the liability of teenage girls doing drills on their premises with their equipment.  It's a law suit waiting to happen.

17 hours ago, shafted said:

I think Brett/Kara will be fine. Brett has always had story since she’s started on the show. Sometimes it’s comedic. Sometime’s it’s romantic. Sometime’s it’s action/drama. Sometime’s it’s the A plot, sometime’s it’s the B plot. She wasn’t dependent on Casey for story or connections to other characters prior to the Brettsey will they/won’t they. I don’t know why that would suddenly change just because Casey left shortly after they got together.

It's actually fairly common as a Career/Tech Ed program. High schoolers in my urban area go to real firehouses and train at the real public safety academy, and they're going to their firehouse every day for 2-3 periods. Chicago Public Schools actually has a real program, as well. This is why Girls on Fire never made complete sense to me; it's already a program and girls aren't excluded from it.

The paramedicine program makes even less sense to me. Brett and Mouch dress in nice plain clothes, roll around to 80s music in a 1980s creeper van, and essentially pretend they're home health aides. Honestly, I'll take Girls on Fire, just without Kidd hanging all over Severide. :-)

TBH, I have a low threshold for workplace BS, so if I was an actor who has had no substantive storyline outside of romance storylines and sitcom storylines (barring the Julie and sister story, which was quickly dropped and never heard about again), and was then relegated from the #3-#4 lead spot back to the supporting main cast because my onscreen boyfriend left, while an 8th billed cast member leapfrogged me to take the #3-#4 lead spot because her on-screen boyfriend didn't leave, I'd be out. 100%, full stop gone, like YaYa, Torrey, and Jesse. We'll see what Brett actually has going on, but I'm not optimistic.

Edited by dovegrey
messed up the quotes
  • Love 1
On 10/24/2021 at 3:53 PM, AnnA said:

I doubt she will leave unless she has another job.   I'm sure she's making good money on Chicago Fire.  Going from a really good salary to no money coming in isn't something I would want to do.

17 hours ago, dovegrey said:

TBH, I have a low threshold for workplace BS, so if I was an actor who has had no substantive storyline outside of romance storylines and sitcom storylines (barring the Julie and sister story, which was quickly dropped and never heard about again), and was then relegated from the #3-#4 lead spot back to the supporting main cast because my onscreen boyfriend left, while an 8th billed cast member leapfrogged me to take the #3-#4 lead spot because her on-screen boyfriend didn't leave, I'd be out. 100%, full stop gone, like YaYa, Torrey, and Jesse. We'll see what Brett actually has going on, but I'm not optimistic.

Exactly this. This is why I don't buy into actors only leaving if they have another job lined up. We've repeatedly seen that is not always the case. Jesse being a prime example. If your character is being reduced to a secondary character without any meaningful storylines outside of romance, then it probably is time to move on. There's no longer a challenge to get better as an actor within the show. And to challenge yourself, you need to see what other roles are out there that can push you to become better.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Kara Killmer will be just fine financially if she took a year off from acting and went to Hollywood to audition for some tougher roles.

• Love 2
On 10/25/2021 at 5:25 PM, dovegrey said:

It's actually fairly common as a Career/Tech Ed program. High schoolers in my urban area go to real firehouses and train at the real public safety academy, and they're going to their firehouse every day for 2-3 periods. Chicago Public Schools actually has a real program, as well. This is why Girls on Fire never made complete sense to me; it's already a program and girls aren't excluded from it.

The paramedicine program makes even less sense to me. Brett and Mouch dress in nice plain clothes, roll around to 80s music in a 1980s creeper van, and essentially pretend they're home health aides. Honestly, I'll take Girls on Fire, just without Kidd hanging all over Severide. :-)

I followed your link and read the article.  There's a huge difference between that program and Girls on Fire.  The one they're actually doing is accredited and seems structured like Junior ROTC 

12 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

Exactly this. This is why I don't buy into actors only leaving if they have another job lined up. We've repeatedly seen that is not always the case. Jesse being a prime example. If your character is being reduced to a secondary character without any meaningful storylines outside of romance, then it probably is time to move on. There's no longer a challenge to get better as an actor within the show. And to challenge yourself, you need to see what other roles are out there that can push you to become better.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Kara Killmer will be just fine financially if she took a year off from acting and went to Hollywood to audition for some tougher roles.

I think it depends on the actor's financial situation.  If they need that paycheck, they won't walk away.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, AnnA said:

I followed your link and read the article.  There's a huge difference between that program and Girls on Fire.  The one they're actually doing is accredited and seems structured like Junior ROTC 

I think it depends on the actor's financial situation.  If they need that paycheck, they won't walk away.

But to say high schoolers would never go to a real firehouse and train like firefighters with real equipment due to liability is inaccurate, at best. These programs exist across the country in different forms and logistical setups. That’s the point. 

• Love 1
On 10/27/2021 at 12:27 PM, dovegrey said:

But to say high schoolers would never go to a real firehouse and train like firefighters with real equipment due to liability is inaccurate, at best. These programs exist across the country in different forms and logistical setups. That’s the point. 

OK  I had no idea those programs really exist.  I still think there must be limitations because the liability issues are real.