Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Last Day On Earth

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Episode synopsis: Season Finale! In the aftermath of a tragic blow, Eugene falls captured by Dwight, a member of the Saviours, whom are hell bent on getting even with Alexandria, Negan teaches Rick and co a brutal lesson, which shows that Rick and co finally have something to fear.

Here is your episode discussion thread for the Season Finale!! - S06.E13: Last Day on Earth. This thread will open Sunday April 3rd, at 10:32 pm. Note that the finale is One Hour and 33 minutes long!!

BTW, the episode title changed from Something to Fear, to Last Day on Earth. o_O. Yup, this will not end well...

Before that, you can speculate/chat/cry that the season is already over here...

--> S06.E16: Last Day on Earth - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat.

Remember:

------------> Post NO Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise).

Take it to the Comics thread or the Talking Dead thread.

Read this anti-spoiler policy ASAP

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought this was great and loved the cliffhanger. I loved how Rick realized that they were outnumbered and outmaneuvered. His horror when he grabbed Michonne's dreads and realized that she and Daryl were captured.

I think that Abraham was killed. Poor Eugene. So brave.

Loved Gabriel coming into his own.

I am glad that Morgan and Carol found some potential allies.

I cannot wait for Negan to get exactly what he deserves.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 9

More the audience is on the receiving side of the action bullshit.  We are the victim,  My eyes were rolling hard with this one. And frankly I don't care who got killed.  Its the Glenn stuff all over again except I don't even care enough to speculate about it.

More the audience is on the receiving side of the action bullshit.  We are the victim,  My eyes were rolling hard with this one. And frankly I don't care who got killed.  Its the Glenn stuff all over again except I don't even care enough to speculate about it.

• Love 11

Oh, Negan and Nackers. You done  fucked up real good--

Fools ❗❕                            

Rick is gonna kick, whip, and hunt yo' ass unto death and beyond.  

...I hope Rick picks up that barbed wired cudgel, tells Negan that Lucille says, it's "a fine time to leave..." then allows Negan one LAST kiss from his girlfrien'  .

I want The Rickers to be--insatiable in their retribution  while remaining unflappable during the ensuing mayhem.  

* [venting, juuust venting.]*

• Love 7
(edited)

To summarize, somebody just needs to shove Lucille up Negan's ass, tout de suite.

This episode was going for suspenseful, but I was completely bored. I knew somebody I loved would die, it's the season finale. This cliffhanger bullshit was weak. Having the villain speechify for ten minutes was absolutely boring.

I'm not watching another episode until I know the Saviors have their asses truly kicked and fed to Walkers. If I can't see bad guys die, then there's no point to watching this.

Edited by mustbekarma
  • Love 19

I wanted Rick to bite someone's juggler out, or Carol to show up and pull a Terminus on Negan and Company.

In the end if Daryl, Michonne, Carl, or Rick don't torture Negan to death I am going to be disappointed.

• Love 10

That was terrible.    First off, cut it out with the speechifying bad guys.   The non-stop blathering is by far the most evil thing about them.   Second, Negan's group is just whatever you call "Mary Sue" bad guys - just over the top, pointless evil.  

• Love 24

Arrogance.

Rick's arrogance. Carl's. Negan's. And the writers.

See, I don't trust the follow up on this cliffhanger. Not after Glenn's stuff this season, last week's gunshot, Terminus. The terrible prequel series. The lame "conclusion" to the cool plane story.

So, if they think I'm all excited to wait until next season... Nope. I'm just annoyed and heading to spoilers once they appear.

• Love 22
(edited)

My heart is pounding! I have no clue who's dead. Guessing Glenn? Or Daryl since he's on TD? I hate Negan. That was some scary stuff!

Everybody should have stayed safe behind the gates of Alexandria. But then there would be no excitement on the show.

How's the new group of people with the horses? There are more people out there surviving than I thought. Can't wait until next fall for the next season.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 3

Another death cliffhanger. That mean it's Glenn. 

Negan's another speechifying asshole, but he is terrifying.  And I did like seeing Rick scared. He's been too confident for too long. There is always someone worse.  

• Love 7

Boring. Lame. Stupid ass speech.

Negan is too OTT to be remotely terrifying. Coral will kill his ass soon though.

Inexplicably enjoyed Morgan on a horse. Nice to see he's friends with Flash Gordon.

• Love 7

To summarize, somebody just needs to shove Lucille up Negan's ass. tout de suite.

This episode was going for suspenseful, but I was completely bored. I knew somebody I loved would die, it's the season finale. This cliffhanger bullshit was weak. Having the villain speechify for ten minutes was absolutely boring.

I'm not watching another episode until I know the Saviors have their asses truly kicked and fed to Walkers. If I can't see bad guys die, then there's no point to watching this.

This X 1000

• Love 6

The writers really hate their audience. If they had an ounce of respect for us or even the actors we'd know who died. It's not just us they're dicking with it's the cast as well. For 90 minutes this was a lame episode. No wonder Andrew Lincoln and Norman got angry when they got their scripts.

• Love 22

To illustrate my frustration with this finale........ I was more tense waiting for the poor horse to get eaten, than I was about anything else.

All that speeching, got us absolutely nothing (basically).  Its [mostly likely] not Rick, Carl, Glenn, Michonne, or Maggie, so I really just don't care what we find out after the season comes back right now.

• Love 6

Yeaaahhh. Dick move show runners. 

You had a slam dunk with your casting. Negan is awesome...wonderfully charismatic and absolutely chilling in his personification of "danger". Then you wimp out, afraid to give us a reveal. Cowardly action show, Truly cowardly.

As someone said up thread...it would still be a cliffhanger if we saw the victim.

Bad decision. Really bad. 

• Love 18

I wonder if the writers even knew at that point who Negan killed. I liked Negan, good casting. His speech was too long though.

I think it was a bad idea to leave it as a cliffhanger and not really show the horror of it. Months later the reveal will not have the same impact, imo.

I think they know...I just wish they'd trusted viewers enough to let us know. Oh well. I hope they can control all of space and time because otherwise I give less than a month or two before the spoiler is out.

• Love 7
(edited)

Morgan breaking his code should be tragic, but I legit cheered. Yay!

I loved Rick's hubris come apart bit by bit, to the point that he was terrified at the end. Very great work by Andrew Lincoln.

So much for Morgan blathering on about how all life is precious. When it comes to someone he cares about, he is willing to take a life to have that person's life. 

Andy's performance stood out during Negan's egotistical rant. I always love how he takes Rick all the way. He is never afraid to show Rick's terror. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 17
(edited)

I generally try to avoid spoilers, but I caught a bit of the online "Yes, Negan's coming, bitches!" and the rah-rah woo-hoo excitement about seeing Lucille. The over the top enthusiasm of this anticipation has completely turned me off to this character and his Holy Weapon. And the season-long introduction of this storyline did not help.

Edited by StatMom
  • Love 7