Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm curious to see what comes next after this tumor storyline. Do Will and Sonny wed? Does one of them cheat? What happens to Will the writer?

I'd rather he didn't leave, but if Chandler does we have another six months of Will.

With respect to your questions:

Heavily indicated that they'll marry (there were a couple social media posts where he was wearing a ring), just not sure on when. No idea on the other two, but Chandler expressed his disbelief and anger at how Will had been written in his absence so I'd like to hope they don't take him down that path again. There are so many other avenues to explore.

We'd likely have another 7+ months, at which point he could have taken a break and returned again lmao. This show is ridiculous. 🤣 I'm still not convinced he's the subject of the blind item, but we shall see.

• Love 3

What's the eta of Stephen Nichols return? I know he's posted he was back but I don't know if that was months ago or he just started recently. The taping schedule drives me up a wall.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

What's the eta of Stephen Nichols return? I know he's posted he was back but I don't know if that was months ago or he just started recently. The taping schedule drives me up a wall.

It's a guessing game right now, but it's possible he's back in time for November sweeps. He began filming in April, while his return wasn't reported until May. Unless they take a significant break in the coming months, it appears they're going to remain around 7 months ahead from film to air. 🤯

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if they tie his return in with the departure of Stefan. I was wondering how they would justify him staying off canvas for so long, but if Stefan dies as is rumored, then perhaps Steve could come back and say he was staying away because he wasn't sure what DiMera would do with access to his eyeball.

• Love 4
(edited)

I really didn't think he could be Phillip at first, but looking at that picture? He could probably pull it off. The only other thing that makes we wonder is that he's supposed to be recurring, but they sometimes do that before having an actor sign a contract. I do wonder, if he's Phillip, whether he'd be there to tie up any loose ends with Victor or Kate.

Edit - and now there's confirmation elsewhere that he's not playing Phillip. Back to the drawing board! 😂

Edited by QueenSerena
BRAND NEW INFORMATION
  • Love 4

Steve Nichols is posting videos all over the place about his return to the backstage.  Not clear whether these are brand new videos, or if they were shot months ago when he actually came back.  If they're new, that means he won't be airing for another six or seven months.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

If this guy was on the show 13 years ago, he's told old to be Joey.

Maybe prison aged him?

He has the same "sleepy eyed" look the previous Joey actor had. I could see him pulling it off.

But knowing Ron, he could end up being  a recast Claire... LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

I really didn't think he could be Phillip at first, but looking at that picture? He could probably pull it off.

Yes...he sort of resembles the original Rex IMO.

• Love 2

I’m still shocked that they canned Joey & kept Tripp. Although, the actor playing Tripp is grittier now. I guess his cheesy beard is paying off. I think he’s doing great work but I thought I had read that he got canned, too. I’m glad that it wasn’t true. Now, he just needs to get away from that conniver Claire. LOL!!!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I’m still shocked that they canned Joey & kept Tripp. Although, the actor playing Tripp is grittier now. I guess his cheesy beard is paying off. I think he’s doing great work but I thought I had read that he got canned, too. I’m glad that it wasn’t true. Now, he just needs to get away from that conniver Claire. LOL!!!

I'm pretty sure the actor that plays Tripp was canned but with how far ahead Days tapes he's still around onscreen. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm pretty sure the actor that plays Tripp was canned but with how far ahead Days tapes he's still around onscreen. 

Oh! So, I did read something about that. It’s seems so long ago. I know Days is 6 months ahead but I just assumed it was a rumor. Then he was nominated for an Emmy and thought maybe he was staying. Which is dumb since the actor who played Theo won the Emmy and was fired from Days more then a year ago. The Days taping schedule sucks and is totally whack. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Oh! So, I did read something about. It’s seems so long ago. I know Days is 6 months ahead but I just assumed it was a rumor. Then he was nominated for an Emmy and thought maybe he was staying. Which is dumb since the actor who played Theo won the Emmy and was fired from Days more then a year ago. The Days taping schedule sucks and is totally whack. 

I think they are almost 8 months ahead now. I agree that their taping schedule is crazy insanity.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 5:22 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe prison aged him?

He has the same "sleepy eyed" look the previous Joey actor had. I could see him pulling it off.

But knowing Ron, he could end up being  a recast Claire... LOL

Coincidentally, Brock Kelly played Young Dean on an episode of Supernatural, starring Jensen Ackles, who of course was Original Young Adult Eric.

brock-kelly-1317060779.jpg

I don't think he really looked like him, but I've been passively following Jensen's career since he was on Sweet Valley High in 1996 so I remember that dude's "young adult" face pretty well.

b691dde27880b03c8a701d5049098ef0.jpg

Not that he can help it, but Brock just isn't as pretty. LOL.

Maybe we'll finally meet Sonny's brothers or something. (I'm kidding- I really don't think we're ever going to see them.) Joey would be funny as he's about 10 years too old, but this is the same show that cast Brady with an actor about 10 years too old as well so I wouldn't count that out. Once you're no longer a "teen", you become officially ageless.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well get this...supposedly Greg V is in a custody battle with his ex-wife who is in the Netherlands. Apparently she has said that Greg is going to leave Days of Our Lives to move to North Carolina to be with Angie Harmon because he wants full custody of their child.

I realize with eight months of lead time, this Kristen Mask story could be wrapped up by the fall and the real Nicole could be back on the canvas for almost half a year if she were to leave the show right now with Eric...but I can't help but wonder if that means we're going to get nothing but angst until the very last minute when she and Eric finally reunite and marry...or if they're going to keep Nicole around and let Eric leave town again...

Sigh. I know some of you find Eric boring, but I like there's at least one decent normal guy in Salem, even if sometimes he's a bit mopey.

And I'm still waiting for a solid month of Nicole/Eric sex scenes to make up for the last 8 years of teasing...

I think I would rather they both left together. It sucks that we're getting Chabby back but losing them potentially....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

I'm not sure why Greg V would need to leave DOOL unless there is some stipulation that he can't be away from his kids.   Matt Ashford lives on the east coast-- Maine, I think.  Melissa lives in TN. Given the way things film, commuting appears to be very doable. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm not sure why Greg V would need to leave DOOL unless there is some stipulation that he can't be away from his kids.   Matt Ashford lives on the east coast-- Maine, I think.  Melissa lives in TN. Given the way things film, commuting appears to be very doable. 

Netherlands is a wee bit different than Tennessee as far as commuting. That being said if Eric leaves he and Nicole can both be written off together(assuming Nicole isn't really dead I think that's a twist) however if Ericole were to end up together I always believed they would drag it out until the very last second and usher them off the show or Days gets cancelled. Its why I can't take Ericole that seriously I mean even Nicole and Eric's other pairings had happy moments that lasted longer than 5 minutes. Ericole has always been a big tease.

Even though I'm not that fond of Eric it is nice to have a nice normal dude(by soap standards) exist in Salem but unfortunately soaps don't like those characters because they're "nice guy losers"

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Netherlands is a wee bit different than Tennessee as far as commuting. 

The story, as posted here, says he's moving to NC.  That's farther than TN but it's not Europe length.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently she has said that Greg is going to leave Days of Our Lives to move to North Carolina to be with Angie Harmon because he wants full custody of their child.

Hmmm.... interesting, as I think I read on the DR forum earlier in the week, or maybe last week, that someone (an actor-can't recall who) posted a pic of their dressing room and it was GV's dressing room number.  

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

The story, as posted here, says he's moving to NC.  That's farther than TN but it's not Europe length.

That will teach me to read carefully yeah NC to CA doesn't seem so bad commute wise lots of soap actors make that long commute it may not really change anything.  Now if AZ were to leave I could see the show writing off Ericole together.

• Love 2

I always believed they would drag it out until the very last second and usher them off the show or Days gets cancelled.

... that's been my fear as well. I think they could make for a very interesting couple because they're such different people, but I just don't see the show putting in the effort to write them as an interesting couple who is married and settled.

If they are rushed off the show together, that pretty much also guarantees a crappy wedding. I had hoped after all these decades of build-up, Eric would get a proper big budget wedding the likes of which we haven't seen in quite a while.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I always believed they would drag it out until the very last second and usher them off the show or Days gets cancelled.

... that's been my fear as well. I think they could make for a very interesting couple because they're such different people, but I just don't see the show putting in the effort to write them as an interesting couple who is married and settled.

If they are rushed off the show together, that pretty much also guarantees a crappy wedding. I had hoped after all these decades of build-up, Eric would get a proper big budget wedding the likes of which we haven't seen in quite a while.

Eric has never been married or had kids strange in soaps I mean even Will had both and he's gay go figure.  

That being said I haven't cared about Ericole since the 90s and while Nicole took off and became established as a pivotal character on this show while Eric was gone for years. I felt she has outgrown Eric.  I mean why am I supposed to believe these two belong together when they've never been together long enough for me to believe it. 

Which is why the appeal of Ericole is lost on me soaps don't write those type of relationships where its about the characters instead its about plot points and random hookups but nothing ever really comes out of it as far as long term consequences. Even if Eric/Nicole got together this is how its going to go Nicole(bad girl) tries to be a better person for Eric(good guy_ but fails he gets all judgmental and shocked she does something bad(even though he knew she was bad to begin with). Then bad girl begs good guy to take her back etc his family talks about how she's not good enough for him. He does take her back rinse repeat. 

They are not original with the couple archetype on this show I don't recall a pairing where the bad girl is paired with the good guy and I liked it.

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Eric has never been married or had kids strange in soaps I mean even Will had both and he's gay go figure.  

I have always wanted Eric to have his own stories like his mom and have children, but, the show has never cared enough about Eric to give him a life. However,  it is okay for a character to not have children.  Not everybody in real life has children. I would love to see a woman on a soap make the choice to not have children. In general, Women tend to give up more when it comes to marriage and children.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have always wanted Eric to have his own stories like his mom and have children, but, the show has never cared enough about Eric to give him a life. However,  it is okay for a character to not have children.  Not everybody in real life has children. I would love to see a woman on a soap make the choice to not have children. In general, Women tend to give up more when it comes to marriage and children.

Yeah, but the marriage/kids image has always been a part of soaps. Still, like you, I applaud when books or shows go against the norm. (One of my favorite romance authors as an example, Jennifer Crusie, is well known for having heroines who have no desire for kids. Refreshing!) I also have no kids and am just fine with it and do not feel incomplete. This is another area where soaps need to modernize, JMO. Sure, many people want marriage and kids and great! But just as many don't want either, and that's fine, too.

As for Eric, though, this version seems nice but dim. He's dysfunctional enough on his own that I don't think he needs kids right now. What he does need is to stop being a sad sack over "Kricole" and do something, anything that does not involve her OR Sarah. What that is, however, I don't know. But, to me, as he is, the character is just so vanilla.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't know about choice but Lucy on GH didn't have kids(although she's Serena's birth mom) and there are probably others but I can't think of them at the moment.

I can accept Eric not having kids it just seems odd he never experienced these things given that his parents are Roman/Marlena. Hell I rather see Eric have a kid than Chabby have one they don't need and Jordan having a kid that I don't really know what the point of is. I always thought Serena's secret should've been she had Eric's kid and kept it from him because he went into the priesthood and didn't want to disrupt his life but he got sick and she needs his help etc. That's a better secret than that stupid elephant storyline.

Just now, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, but the marriage/kids image has always been a part of soaps. Still, like you, I applaud when books or shows go against the norm. (One of my favorite romance authors as an example, Jennifer Crusie, is well known for having heroines who have no desire for kids. Refreshing!) I also have no kids and am just fine with it and do not feel incomplete. This is another area where soaps need to modernize, JMO. Sure, many people want marriage and kids and great! But just as many don't want either, and that's fine, too.

As for Eric, though, this version seems nice but dim. He's dysfunctional enough on his own that I don't think he needs kids right now. What he does need is to stop being a sad sack over "Kricole" and do something, anything that does not involve her OR Sarah. What that is, however, I don't know. But, to me, as he is, the character is just so vanilla.

Eric helping Jennifer scam Eve so Jennifer could be alone with Jack to stop him from marrying Eve was the most I enjoyed him in a long time.  God forbid characters have balance on this show.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

The show has never invested in Eric. He should have had a presence on the show after Jensen left the role. It is why I did not like Rex being Roman's son. It was unnecessary when you had Eric. Eric being Roman's son and being raised as Rojohn's son for years had potential for dynamite character driven stories rooted in history.  The only Brady child that the show ever cared about was Sami.  

39 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't know about choice but Lucy on GH didn't have kids(although she's Serena's birth mom) and there are probably others but I can't think of them at the moment.

Lucy never had biological children. She lost them during her bad days. Lucy never stopped wanting to get pregnant and having children. She never had a miracle pregnancy. She was Serena's surrogate mother. 

41 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I can accept Eric not having kids it just seems odd he never experienced these things given that his parents are Roman/Marlena. Hell I rather see Eric have a kid than Chabby have one they don't need and Jordan having a kid that I don't really know what the point of is. I always thought Serena's secret should've been she had Eric's kid and kept it from him because he went into the priesthood and didn't want to disrupt his life but he got sick and she needs his help etc. That's a better secret than that stupid elephant storyline.

Same here, but, the show has never cared about Eric.. If only Sherry had remained on the show, I have no doubt Eric would have driven his own stories, since she created him and Sami. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show has never invested in Eric. He should have had a presence on the show after Jensen left the role. It is why I did not like Rex being Roman's son. It was unnecessary when you had Eric. Eric being Roman's son and being raised as Rojohn's son for years had potential for dynamite character driven stories rooted in history.  The only Brady child that the show ever cared about was Sami.  

Lucy never had biological children. She lost them during her bad days. Lucy never stopped wanting to get pregnant and having children. She never had a miracle pregnancy. She was Serena's surrogate mother. 

Same here, but, the show has never cared about Eric.. If only Sherry had remained on the show, I have no doubt Eric would have driven his own stories, since she created him and Sami. 

Not entirely true Lucy was pregnant with Kevin's baby and she was good at that point but she miscarried which I hated at the time because I think there was a lot of story potential of Kevin/Lucy having a child being such opposites and Kevin's family having a history of mental illness to boot to possibly pass that down to a child..

2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Not entirely true Lucy was pregnant with Kevin's baby and she was good at that point but she miscarried which I hated at the time because I think there was a lot of story potential of Kevin/Lucy having a child being such opposites and Kevin's family having a history of mental illness to boot to possibly pass that down to a child..

I forgot that and it was cruel of them to do so.  Lucy once thought she was pregnant when she was with Scotty again after Kevin. Her disappointment on finding out that she was not pregnant was heartbreaking. I still remember her saying why is she always denied the chance to have a child. A lot of women who struggle with infertility could relate to that sentiment..

• Love 1
12 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Eric helping Jennifer scam Eve so Jennifer could be alone with Jack to stop him from marrying Eve was the most I enjoyed him in a long time. 

Same. In general I almost always like Eric when he has scenes that have nothing to do with whatever woman he loves at the time. He turns into such a terrible character when they make him romantically involved with someone so I wish they'd just give him some other type of story already.

ETA: The same could be said of Brady too imo.

• Love 5

Unfortunately this show doesn't write characters the same in a relationship as they are single(at least compared to the past) they end up being twisted into a version that fits whatever plot is going on at the time. Rinse repeat.

They sometimes luck out if the actors have chemistry on today's soap but its all so .. generic.

Bo and Steve acted the same relationship and when they're single. It can be done they just are so lazy to make it happen.

• Love 5

I didn't mind Ted with Kate but pairing him with Hope he's just French Twist Aiden.

That being said I prefer Ted/Hope over Rafe/Hope which is what we're going to be stuck with now.

Course I like the show to surprise me and have Hope realize she's better off single.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I definitely think that Brock guy could be a Philip recast...which would be wise, given JA's age, Rex's departure, Lucas' departure and Ted's departure. Kate and Victor need someone to fuss over and argue with.

...but could he be an Eric recast? If that stuff about the current Eric having to leave and move because of custody stuff is true, maybe this guy's been brought in to finish off a storyline?

Rumor has it either Kassie or Matt are now off the show. I think it's Eve. Why keep her around?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Rumor has it either Kassie or Matt are now off the show. I think it's Eve. Why keep her around?

Where's the rumor from and why down to those two? 

Logically, I would think it's likely Kassie/Eve.  It feels she was brought on specifically for this story and there's nothing really on the horizon connection-wise.  Or at least not right now. I could see them bringing her back in the future.  There was also something Kassie posted about having loved working with Matt and Missy that was posted some time around when they were filming early fall stuff, I believe. It made it sound like it was past tense which made me people assume she was gone. 

Historically, I feel it'd be Matt because DOOL giveth and taketh away with Jack all the time, especially with Steve coming back.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Where's the rumor from and why down to those two? 

Logically, I would think it's likely Kassie/Eve.  It feels she was brought on specifically for this story and there's nothing really on the horizon connection-wise.  Or at least not right now. I could see them bringing her back in the future.  There was also something Kassie posted about having loved working with Matt and Missy that was posted some time around when they were filming early fall stuff, I believe. It made it sound like it was past tense which made me people assume she was gone. 

Historically, I feel it'd be Matt because DOOL giveth and taketh away with Jack all the time, especially with Steve coming back.

There's a pic of an updated cast photo and the ones on it were Thia Megia, Arianne Zuker, Kassie DePaiva and Matthew Ashford before now TM and AZ are still on it but the area where Kassie/Matt are is blurred so one of them is gone.

• Love 1
On 9/20/2018 at 12:04 PM, Chick2Chic said:

Can someone confirm if Stefan is really gone. I have been reading this forum for the past hour and this seems to be where that rumor came from. If the 7/8 months tapping schedule is true, shouldn't bb have been gone already?

• Love 2