Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I don’t remember who Ramon is. 

Same. Does anyone know?

3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Claire is around until AUGUST? 

Right! So, can we assume then that the fact that she set the fire won't come out until then? That's way too long!

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! So, can we assume then that the fact that she set the fire won't come out until then? That's way too long!

It's going to be six months of black & white Claire lovingly looking at that flame, isn't it?

I'm also curious about Ramon. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

It's going to be six months of black & white Claire lovingly looking at that flame, isn't it?

I wonder if the truth (as dumb as it appears to be, sorry/not sorry 😂) comes out around April-May, when Belle and Shawn are back. Then there would be time for some fallout and cleanup before Claire leaves the canvas.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

He's very good looking!  I wonder if his role is short-term to usher someone off screen or is a long term thing?

I hope he sticks around awhile. He would look lovely with Gabi or Ciara. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same. Does anyone know?

Way, way, way too long. Geez, Ron, don't spend the time building up a love affair so that we really care about Ben/Ciara; but do go ahead and spend six months drawing out this lame firestarter story. 

• Love 4
On 3/6/2019 at 8:57 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently Ted will be gone by the end of the year.

Thank Goodness!

21 hours ago, worleybird said:

Gilles Marini's accent has gotten so much thicker lately. There are times when I feel the show should have subtitles. It didn't seem that bad when he was on Brothers & Sisters.

He is the only reason I started watching with Closed Captioning.

• Love 1
On 3/15/2019 at 3:04 PM, Silver Raven said:

Martha Madison said she'll be back next week.  Probably rushing to Marlena's side, but I hope she blows the whistle on Claire's lies.

I think she's only on Monday's episode of Days where Marlena has that dream.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Jason47 is reporting that Robin Strasser, Paul Telfer, Stacy Haiduk, and Arianne Zucker are all on contract.

That is surprising but kind of exciting!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Jason47 is reporting that Robin Strasser, Paul Telfer, Stacy Haiduk, and Arianne Zucker are all on contract.

Ugh to all of that.  Kristen and Xander are characters that do not need to be on contract.  I’m just sick of Nicole.  I don’t know who Robin Strasser is playing, I just know that I’m not going to like it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

Ugh to all of that.  Kristen and Xander are characters that do not need to be on contract.  I’m just sick of Nicole.  I don’t know who Robin Strasser is playing, I just know that I’m not going to like it.

She's playing Vivian.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I love Robin Strasser, but I'm not sure how I feel about her being on contract. Xander, Kristen/Susan, and Nicole do not need to be on contract, particularly the first two. Nicole would make sense as a contract player imo, but AZ will probably just leave again eventually anyway, so it's all kinda pointless. I like Xander occasionally and I enjoy Susan always and Kristen sometimes, but that's the thing, they don't need to be main characters. Just have them pop in every once in awhile. Xander is gonna be ruined if they make him a bigger focus.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Doesn't contract just mean a guaranteed 13 weeks these days?

Yep. And some of the more, we'll say "out there," characters (Leo and Diana being the most recent examples) tend to be in the 3-6 month range. So I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case with some of these names.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love Robin Strasser, but I'm not sure how I feel about her being on contract. Xander, Kristen/Susan, and Nicole do not need to be on contract, particularly the first two. Nicole would make sense as a contract player imo, but AZ will probably just leave again eventually anyway, so it's all kinda pointless. I like Xander occasionally and I enjoy Susan always and Kristen sometimes, but that's the thing, they don't need to be main characters. Just have them pop in every once in awhile. Xander is gonna be ruined if they make him a bigger focus.

I agree about Xander he'll end up neutered and generic like every other male on this show(see Ted as a recent example) he was best when we barely saw him.

If Nicole leaves please take Eric/Holly with her.

I love RS but not as Vivian.

I don't care for SH as Kristen. Honestly I was fine with Kristen being presumed dead in the first place after she went airborne out the window.

• Love 6

I know its stupid to predict these things but ugh. I LOVE Robin Strasser, but I'm already betting much like Judith Chapman as Diana, I'm going to hate her portrayal as Vivian.  I'm actually extremely annoyed at the idea of Vivian being recast.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I know its stupid to predict these things but ugh. I LOVE Robin Strasser, but I'm already betting much like Judith Chapman as Diana, I'm going to hate her portrayal as Vivian.  I'm actually extremely annoyed at the idea of Vivian being recast.

Ron has to have his campy characters and he has to have them no matter what.  He does not get it that Kristen is Eileen and Louise is Vivian, full stop. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Do we know if Louise was approached to play Viv again? 

I read something over at the DR forum that made me think they did try to get Louise, and either she wasn't available or wasn't interested,.   I wouldn't blame her for refusing to return, after the hasty, unexpected exit they gave her during her last visit.   

However, not looking forward to a recast Vivian, as both the recast Angelica and Diana were, IMO, disasters. 

I did, however, think recast Kristen, and particularly Susan, was pretty successful. Probably because SH played both characters similarly to Eileen.  Again, IMO. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I read an interesting speculation (again, just speculation) that Kristen DiMera is Ted's wife.

Not that I would put that above Ron, but it seems so random.  I'm trying to speculate how that would work out.  I always got the impression that Ted was married a significant amount of time, which would mean he and Kristen were married during the interim of her escaping the harem and coming back to Salem. 

Since Diana knows Ted's wife, and also has been keeping tabs on John and Marlena she would know who Kristen is.  I imagine that she would of used that information in her plans than as a random throw away line to Ted. 

Also wasn't there a reference that Ted and his wife had lost a child?

I wouldn't put it past Ron to make Ted's wife a previous character, I just haven't been thrilled with what he has done lately with the few he has brought back, even though I like the "idea" of incorporating them.

If not Kristen and a previous character what are some other guesses?

A few of us in another Days thread have been talking about her recently but I could see maybe Greta Von Umberg as Ted's "deceased" wife.  Now that raises just as many questions as Kristen being the wife but it would add an interesting layer considering Greta was Hope's "surrogate" daughter, and both women have been switched for one another before, and do look similar. 

Side Note: Does anyone beside me find the whole "Ted's dead wife storyline" to be a retread of Aiden's storyline?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Sheila is leaving the first week of May.  I wonder if that means Valerie's return is permanent.

Valerie isn't staying, sorry. I believe she takes off for good the same day as Sheila.

• Love 2
On 4/26/2019 at 4:24 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Abe should get with Laverne (the no nonsense immigration agent)

Or bring back Maxine!!!! I loved when they we're starting to put Abe and her together originally.  I also loved Maxine and Jennifer's friendship. 

• Love 4
On 4/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, Silver Raven said:

Sheila is leaving the first week of May. 

On 4/26/2019 at 6:46 PM, QueenSerena said:

I believe [Valerie] takes off for good the same day as Sheila.

So, Valerie is gonna come back and then leave again all in the same week? What is the fucking point? 

I'm surprised Sheila is leaving. They haven't been building to that at all. But I mean I guess she'll just be back again soon anyway, like everyone else that leaves. People need to leave and stay gone dammit!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Or bring back Maxine!!!! I loved when they we're starting to put Abe and her together originally.  I also loved Maxine and Jennifer's friendship. 

I prefer them but it seems they only had her around for the Daniel worship ugh.

As for Sheila, T-Boz is on a reality show and TLC is having a musical on Broadway so honestly both are better gigs than Days might as well. Plus she's barely on as is. Don't get me wrong I rather keep her and dump Lani but alas that won't be the case.

• Love 4

Stayla?  Love them.  Sure.  But for me, it's all about Jack and Steve.  He better be filming when Matt is there.  It just always feels like there runs don't overlap much and this is my fave relationship ever. It'd be great if he were the one to knock some sense into Jack.

I wonder when we get him.  I remember reading a rumor a few months ago that he was back but it was just that....a rumor.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7