Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

jason47 said yesterday that there will be returns that nobody knows about.  He specifically said not Aiden, not Jack, not Clyde, those are already known.  Somebody else said that Deidre Hall said her sister would be coming back to the show, but this isn't who Jason was talking about.

Jason also teased that there will be a villain returning.

• Love 1

I hope they bring back Sami and really end her bizarre off-camera SL.

You need to scream at Allison Sweeney for that stupid storyline, it was her idea for her to come back to the show for Will's death...Will's death should have had Lumi work their way back to each other....

Edited by Apprentice79

You need to scream at Allison Sweeney for that stupid storyline, it was her idea for her to come back to the show for Will's death...Will's death should have had Lumi work their way back to each other....

I'm pretty sure it wasn't her idea to kill off Will. IIRC, she wasn't keen on coming back but agreed to because it was her character's firstborn. Then she realized how horribly it was written and regretted coming back for that crap. The writers didn't have to send her on the run with her surviving kids; they could've just had her refuse to step foot in Salem again because it reminded her of poor Will. And that way the twins or Sydney could show up down the line.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure it wasn't her idea to kill off Will. IIRC, she wasn't keen on coming back but agreed to because it was her character's firstborn. Then she realized how horribly it was written and regretted coming back for that crap. The writers didn't have to send her on the run with her surviving kids; they could've just had her refuse to step foot in Salem again because it reminded her of poor Will. And that way the twins or Sydney could show up down the line.

I meant the storyline about EJ  possibly being alive was Allison's idea.  She was against that horrible idea of killing Will off....Ken Corday is an idiot..

• Love 1

I can understand Allison feeling like fans of her costar deserved a little bit of hope after supporting that love story for so many years. I just don't think the show should have ever tried to depict EJ as a good husband considering all he did. James and Allison obviously enjoyed working together but there wasn't any getting over the fact that his character raped hers and was largely evil.

I feel like AS won't revisit this show until it's cancelled, but I would like to see some real closure please, and not another "WTH happened to Bo?!" situation...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

PATRIKA DARBO CONFIRMS HER RETURN TO "DAYS OF OUR LIVES"...

Patrika Darbo (Nancy Wesley, Chloe's mother) confirmed her return to "Days of Our Lives" in an interview with Soap Central at tonight's Creative Arts portion of the Daytime Emmys. No word yet when her first episode will air or how long she will be staying.

• Love 3

Days is casting for two short term roles

DAYS issued a casting call for two new short-term characters, Brad and Vicky Bush. Brad is described as in his late ‘40s to late ’50s. He is a highly-polished and extremely successful businessman who can come across a bit of a snob. Brad’s wife Vicky is of a similar age and is described as  reeking "of wealth and high society…. She loves her cocktails and younger men and isn’t afraid to overindulge in either."

(via SOD) 

4 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Real Andrews will be Jade's daddy.   He comes on May 12th.

4 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

So Jade is mixed race.  They've really needed to add more people of color to the show.

If they make the character mixed race with a black father (isn't that actor black?) but the actress playing her is not in any way shape or form black, that's not adding people of color, it's just typical Days BS, and highlights the shows' continued disdain for black people.

What's next, recasting Lani with a Scandinavian actress?

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Happytobehere said:

If they make the character mixed race with a black father (isn't that actor black?) but the actress playing her is not in any way shape or form black, that's not adding people of color, it's just typical Days BS, and highlights the shows' continued disdain for black people.

What's next, recasting Lani with a Scandinavian actress?

I understand what you mean, Happytobehere. To be fair, Black people come in all shades....I would venture to say it is more colorism than out right racism..Is the actress that is playing Jade Black? if she is not, then that is a problem for me....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Maybe her back story will be that she was adopted?  I really thought they were going to make her Ava's kid, and let us think Steve was the father (which, gross gross gross), but maybe we will only think that and then find out differently.  Not sure I am making sense.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I understand what you mean, Happytobehere. To be fair, Black people come in all shades....I would venture to say it is more colorism than out right racism..Is the actress that is playing Jade Black? if she is not, then that is a problem for me....

You're right, black people come in all shades, but as a long-time Days viewer, can you honestly say that a subtle thought provoking story is really what they do, especially when Higlemonster is in charge.  If this is indeed the story that's planned and the actress is in fact part black, I'm more afraid than outraged because I make it my business not to get on trains when I can see the wreck coming from a hundred miles away.  Maybe the Days joke will be that Real is actually white and suffering from reverse vitiligo so he only appears to be black (damn Boondocks used to rock).

Once they actually had Joey and Jade have sex they better not go the obvious route we were all expecting.  However, I can see them thinking such an unacceptable storyline would be great for shock value without giving thought to the long-term implications for the characters.  I mean neither character could remain on-screen with that cloud hanging over their heads.  They could never have a sibling relationship after that, and I for one could never see Jade being able to interact with Joey and Kayla after that.

I also hope the show doesn't go there for the simple fact that can can Jade as Steve and The Evil One's child be explainable without Steve having cheated on Kayla, and that reveal would be the final nail in the Steve and Kayla coffin for me because how many times is Kayla supposed to love, support and take back a man who at this point would be nothing more than a pathological liar who intentially exposes Kayla to nut-jobs who plot to destroy her, because let's not forget TEO kidnapped Hope, Stephanie and Kayla and had plotted to kill,them all at this point, so how many times can they sell the I slept with her to save you BS (oh yeah, they did that already, with both go-rounds of TEO).  We all know how Days love to retcon things, but unless Teen Jade is also going to be revealed to be in her late-twenties (Steve hadn't seen TEO for eight years prior to her reappeared) and faking being approximately the same age as Joey that connection will make no sense.  Kayla was pregnant with Joey when TEO was introduced (in yet another pointless story, whose sole purpose appeared to be to make Steve look like a complete asshat, but I digress). TEO was then on-screen for two years sans a pregnancy and was actually screwing John when she fled from justice, much like a cockroach when exposed to light.  So if Jade is supposed to be younger than Joey, not only would John be the father, the story they gave us of her father getting rid of the baby also makes sense, since Bo killed Daddy Vitalle in retaliation for Shawn's death long before TEO left. I guess what I'm saying is if that is the story, I'm out because I'm tired of the women on this show being made to swallow ish in the name of love, while the male characters are allowed to do whatever and whomever they want with little consequence. It would sadden me that the ultimate goal in bringing Steve back would be the complete ruination of his character, and the continued sacrificing of Kayla's character, cause you better believe that no matter what, Kayla will be spun as the villain in this mess and Steve will be portrayed as the innocent victim of Kayla's irrationality, because it's always like this on Days.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

You're right, black people come in all shades, but as a long-time Days viewer, can you honestly say that a subtle thought provoking story is really what they do, especially when Higlemonster is in charge.  If this is indeed the story that's planned and the actress is in fact part black, I'm more afraid than outraged because I make it my business not to get on trains when I can see the wreck coming from a hundred miles away.  Maybe the Days joke will be that Real is actually white and suffering from reverse vitiligo so he only appears to be black (damn Boondocks used to rock).

Once they actually had Joey and Jade have sex they better not go the obvious route we were all expecting.  However, I can see them thinking such an unacceptable storyline would be great for shock value without giving thought to the long-term implications for the characters.  I mean neither character could remain on-screen with that cloud hanging over their heads.  They could never have a sibling relationship after that, and I for one could never see Jade being able to interact with Joey and Kayla after that.

I also hope the show doesn't go there for the simple fact that can can Jade as Steve and The Evil One's child be explainable without Steve having cheated on Kayla, and that reveal would be the final nail in the Steve and Kayla coffin for me because how many times is Kayla supposed to love, support and take back a man who at this point would be nothing more than a pathological liar who intentially exposes Kayla to nut-jobs who plot to destroy her, because let's not forget TEO kidnapped Hope, Stephanie and Kayla and had plotted to kill,them all at this point, so how many times can they sell the I slept with her to save you BS (oh yeah, they did that already, with both go-rounds of TEO).  We all know how Days love to retcon things, but unless Teen Jade is also going to be revealed to be in her late-twenties (Steve hadn't seen TEO for eight years prior to her reappeared) and faking being approximately the same age as Joey that connection will make no sense.  Kayla was pregnant with Joey when TEO was introduced (in yet another pointless story, whose sole purpose appeared to be to make Steve look like a complete asshat, but I digress). TEO was then on-screen for two years sans a pregnancy and was actually screwing John when she fled from justice, much like a cockroach when exposed to light.  So if Jade is supposed to be younger than Joey, not only would John be the father, the story they gave us of her father getting rid of the baby also makes sense, since Bo killed Daddy Vitalle in retaliation for Shawn's death long before TEO left. I guess what I'm saying is if that is the story, I'm out because I'm tired of the women on this show being made to swallow ish in the name of love, while the male characters are allowed to do whatever and whomever they want with little consequence. It would sadden me that the ultimate goal in bringing Steve back would be the complete ruination of his character, and the continued sacrificing of Kayla's character, cause you better believe that no matter what, Kayla will be spun as the villain in this mess and Steve will be portrayed as the innocent victim of Kayla's irrationality, because it's always like this on Days.

I don't trust Hackley to do a story on colorism in the Black community...The woman can barely write a simple love story without messing it up..I don't want Jade in town and how that will have a negative impact on Kayla..Kayla always pays for Steve's mistakes..I have been on other sites and people are bashing Kayla and calling her names for not understanding Steve's motives..So, you are indeed correct about Kayla having to always take one for the team to make Steve feel better about himself....It is truly tiresome at this point....Why can't the writers come up with a good story for Steve and Kayla...

• Love 1

They could never have a sibling relationship after that

Not true. IIRC, Marie had a "relationship" with her brother Tommy (who apparently had plastic surgery due to an injury) which is why she became a nun.

3 hours ago, MsTree said:

Not true. IIRC, Marie had a "relationship" with her brother Tommy (who apparently had plastic surgery due to an injury) which is why she became a nun.

I vaguely remember hearing about that but have no active memories of bearing witness to it, likely before my time, which means that was way back, a fact that is telling within itself.  

7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't trust Hackley to do a story on colorism in the Black community...The woman can barely write a simple love story without messing it up..I don't want Jade in town and how that will have a negative impact on Kayla..Kayla always pays for Steve's mistakes..I have been on other sites and people are bashing Kayla and calling her names for not understanding Steve's motives..So, you are indeed correct about Kayla having to always take one for the team to make Steve feel better about himself....It is truly tiresome at this point....Why can't the writers come up with a good story for Steve and Kayla...

I've seen some of those sites as well and their level of irrationality is epic.  Kayla gets blamed for everything and Steve constantly avoids any culpability.  They blamed her for Joey's creepy stalker obsession with TEO; they blame her for Joey killing TEO; they blame her for his continued deviant behavior while co-signing on everything Steve says and does. Steve glosses over Joey's vandalism, blading the blame elsewhere and Kayla is wrong for thinking Joey did something wrong.  Kayla was to blame when she was assaulted and kidnapped by Steve's 

psycho ex. Kayla is to blame for Fynn's interactions with Steve both when she wasn't even present and when Steve unexpectedly approaches and attacks her and Fynn, who last time I checked is not a Kayla appendage defended her. At this point if Steve left his house in the pouring rain and got wet, Kayla would be responsible in their minds.  They are scary reminders of why women remain second-class citizens.

• Love 4

I will shit my pants if Kristen comes back. Theresa better run and hide Tater Tot just in case she's interested in re-kidnapping him.

The possibility of some of these people coming back, including Nick is so unlikely. I don't see Nick ever coming back from the dead but you never know. 

Well we have Deimos as the younger bad Kiriakis man now so I don't see why Xander would be necessary at this point especially since Deimos and Xander are pretty much the same character. 

And why has Thaao Penghlis signed on for two more years?! This show may be done next fall for all I know so it seems like kind of a waste...

(edited)
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Vivian would be great....but I want Kristen, as always. I just want her in a story that befits her ranking as Days Top Star ( said it! )

You are her Number One Fan!

(But I'd have to fight you to keep her on Y+R.)

Edited by boes