Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

Eric's also leaving too in like two weeks. Also I've read on Twitter according to SOD that two or three more people are leaving too, with one in the summer.

Lol posted that in the other thread a few days ago.

I think Summer's Eve will leave in the Summer. Word is Msrie Wilson finished taping in January.

(edited)

I am honestly confused right now. 90% of the spoilers in the spoiler thread in this forum ans most other shows here contain casting news like if some is being killed or visiting or having a family member or ex come to town. That's a story preview that contains casting info.

Now we shouldn't put that there ---but in this new thread? Or post it in both?

Is a new rule and is it just for Days?

Edited by Petunia13

I am honestly confused right now. 90% of the spoilers in the spoiler thread in this forum ans most other shows here contain casting news like if some is being killed or visiting or having a family member or ex come to town. That's a story preview that contains casting info.

Hmm. I think if we want to get more in depth of the coming and goings as it pertains to storylines of Days we can put it here...? Since we were talking so much about Cosgrove if he's staying longer or not, I guess tjis would be the perfect tread

(edited)

I honestly have no idea what's the point of bringing this particular character back when most of the general audience doesn't even know her. I have a very bad nagging feeling it's just going to turn into an absolute disaster. There's no way I trust Dena Higley to handle this character. They'll probably end up retconning her character so it's like she's a newbie. And who are they going to pair her up with besides Abe?

Edited by Braniac Woman
  • Love 2
(edited)

I honestly have no idea what's the point of bringing this particular character back when most of the general audience doesn't even know her. I have a very bad nagging feeling it's just going to turn into an absolute disaster. There's no way I trust Dena Higley to handle this character. They'll probably end up retconning her character so it's like she's a newbie. And who are they going to pair her up with besides Abe?

I know who she is because I've read the history. If you're a long time Days fan you should know. She had one of the most popular storylines in the 70s with the first interracial kiss.

Shit, I'm ok with her being with Abe so as long it's not with botoxed FauxRoman. That would kill me

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

I know who she is because I've read the history. If you're a long time Days fan you should know. She had one of the most popular storylines in the 70s with the first interracial kiss.

Shit, I'm ok with her being with Abe so as long it's not with botoxed FauxRoman. That would kill me

Yet I wouldn't mind if Vanessa Bell Calloway coming back to Days and playing this role.

I want Debbie Morgan to play her..She is gorgeous and a powerhouse actress....

• Love 3

It's more just an in depth thread for casting conversations with a nice big spoiler on the front of it.

Now this is a throwback

DAYS CASTING VALERIE GRANThttp://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-valerie-grantUPDATE!!!

The original actress to play Valarie Grant. She wants her job back. http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/tina-andrews-open-days-return

So they are bringing back the black character they didn't want to write for more than thirty years ago because Days viewers hated seeing a WM want to be with a BW. Yes, she will be paired with Abe, don't be surprised if it turns out Julie has a black grandchild, because that would be soapdom at its finest. Perhaps the shock will cause Julie and Doug to fall overboard on their latest cruise (hope not cause I actually love Doug and Julie, but I can imagine the comments from many a poster on this board were it to happen).

• Love 2

So they are bringing back the black character they didn't want to write for more than thirty years ago because Days viewers hated seeing a WM want to be with a BW. Yes, she will be paired with Abe, don't be surprised if it turns out Julie has a black grandchild, because that would be soapdom at its finest. Perhaps the shock will cause Julie and Doug to fall overboard on their latest cruise (hope not cause I actually love Doug and Julie, but I can imagine the comments from many a poster on this board were it to happen).

Now I'm going to be kind and only say that if there's a grandchild, Doug's ukulele will be playing overtime.

YES!!!!!!!

• Love 3

The problem with getting a Debbie Morgan she might want outs to do other projects. Days films 5 months in advance now so if she has anything lined up and possible story it might cause a conflict. Jason Cook allegedly had that issue why he didn't come back full time.

DAYS has released a casting call for a recurring character named Deanna, who is described as a "25-30-year-old gorgeous, African-American female. Deanna is a confident, edgy, strong, intelligent female. She has overcome obstacles in her past that make her the strong independent woman she is today. In her her chosen field, vulnerability is a liability so her tough exterior can sometimes make her hard to read. She is sexy and knows how to have fun and craves a little danger to keep things interesting.”

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-news-1

Young Victor orjlvl.png

Real Victor has been on Days for over thirty years -- based on the altered timeline, he arrived in Salem shortly after the Deimos thing and he was middle-aged then, so unless the show thinks we are complete morons, we already know how "Young Victor" as it would relate to this storyline looks, and if the actor pictured is supposed to be Young Victor, he ain't cutting it (no offense intended towards the actor, as he is not the problem -- Dear Show, see the problem you created when you fabricated VI as Victor's younger half-brother and had them both involved with the same woman. Victor would have to be just a few years younger than the character was when John Aniston arrived, going back and recasting with a guy who A) Looks nothing like JA and B) is too young to play JA makes the show look silly, even by Days' standards. VI would have been better cast as the heretofore unknown son of Victor whose out to destroy him because of a wrong Victor did to his mother. Victor would not have had to have known that Deimos' mother was pregnant with him when he shat upon her in his unique Victor way, heck, she herself might not have known until her feelings for Victor were justifiably turned to hate.

• Love 3

Okay... I got to say, Arianne Zucker is rocking the dark hair! I didn't think she'd look so good with a different type of hair. On the other hand though, Young!Victor looks very off to me. He barely looks anything like how Victor is now. And this looks like it could be a bad repeat of the Colleen/Santo storyline. 

• Love 1

She may have been on In the Heat of the Night Forever, but I remember her best from What's Happening Now. I loved that show.

Days people use to always guest star on that show. Her character's rape is still one of the most powerful I've seen on TV from ITHOTN.

• Love 3

We need another therapist on the show with all this murder...and Marlena shouldn't work with hardly any of them. She's either related or too close to whatever situation. So Dr. Patel would be great.

Maybe she''ll treat Abby

Edited by swtrgrl

Freddie Smith will be coming back for a short visit. He will return in July and exit in August.

Where did you hear this? Does it actually say that in the current issue of SOD?

Well, if Sonny is only coming back for a short visit, on one hand that sucks because that means there's no way that Will's alive if he's not going to be around long term. What is his story even gonna be? Just visit Victor after his health crisis and then he takes off for Paris again, never to see Ari ever again? Is he going to try to snap Paul out of his brainwashing? On the other hand it's great because that would mean less of an opportunity for Dena Higley to ruin him even further than he already has. 

Edited by Braniac Woman
  • Love 1

Jason was saying "at least until August...."

If it's short-term I have a feeling that Sonny will be departing and taking Sparkle with him thus removing all signs of gayness from Salem.  Sigh.

So I'm guessing the speculation about Will being alive is false. Unless they plan on ending his relationship with Sonny nad putting him with Sparkle.

Unless he shows up as some heavenly angel

---

Wally Kurth said he will be around in September

I'm okay with Sonny showing up, doing what he has to do wrt Victor, Club TBD, etc... then sailing off into the sunset with Paul.

At least if we're going to be gayless in Salem, 2 of the 3 main fellas get a happy ending.

• Love 1

She has a brother in Doug Jr...

Actually Hope has two half brothers. Steven Olsen and Doug LeClair. I doubt we'll ever see Steven again, but I would like to see a grown up Doug Jr.

I fully expect a story that says Valerie Grant was pregnant by David Banning when she left town. Her son/daughter will come to Salem and be part of the Horton family.

• Love 1

Actually Hope has two half brothers. Steven Olsen and Doug LeClair. I doubt we'll ever see Steven again, but I would like to see a grown up Doug Jr.

I fully expect a story that says Valerie Grant was pregnant by David Banning when she left town. Her son/daughter will come to Salem and be part of the Horton family.

I doubt the show even remember who Steven is....They forgot that Maggie has 3 daughters and they still felt the need to retcon her past and give her a fourth unnecessary daughter in Summer's Eve...

I would like to see some grown up Kiriakis brothers. Sonny has three brothers that never gets talked about. Plus let's not forget Andrew, Theresa's brother.

• Love 2

I would like to see some grown up Kiriakis brothers. Sonny has three brothers that never gets talked about. Plus let's not forget Andrew, Theresa's brother.

I have wanted Andrew back for years now...The show made his birth an event and they actually went on a location shoot in an adventure storyline with Victor, Kim, Shane, Bo and Hope...

• Love 1

jason47 said yesterday that there will be returns that nobody knows about.  He specifically said not Aiden, not Jack, not Clyde, those are already known.  Somebody else said that Deidre Hall said her sister would be coming back to the show, but this isn't who Jason was talking about.

jason47 said yesterday that there will be returns that nobody knows about.  He specifically said not Aiden, not Jack, not Clyde, those are already known.  Somebody else said that Deidre Hall said her sister would be coming back to the show, but this isn't who Jason was talking about.

Wait, what? Since when is Andrea Hall coming back? Did she say who she might be playing?