Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Delaware

Oh, it's even a little worse than that, because Danny is her boss, and his not sharing information with Abbie - which he's been doing all season, up to and including the existence of Sophie - is not something she's allowed to question coming from her boss.

Not that I want to defend Danny, but he is in the same position with HIS boss - it wasn't his choice to spy on Abbie or keep secrets, since he was ordered to by his boss.

*shrugs*

Not that I want to defend Danny, but he is in the same position with HIS boss - it wasn't his choice to spy on Abbie or keep secrets, since he was ordered to by his boss.

*shrugs*

I have a more sinister theory that aligns more with abusive!Danny from that Tumblr post. Danny asked for and was given a promotion over Abbie because he agreed to spy on her for his own boss. That was the deal!

I'm sure that's not actually true, though. I just like the idea Danny could have his own agenda in this.

• Love 2

For me it is specifically not the same because his boss (as far as we know) never attempted to date him.
  • Love 4

For me it is specifically not the same because his boss (as far as we know) never attempted to date him.

Exactly. The hook that Danny used to stay in Abbie's face (and to keep tabs on her) was their personal relationship. So, he was being manipulative regardless of what his boss told him to do. And if someone did that to me I would be very pissed off when I found out about it.

• Love 7

Not even sure I can watch the finale.

I am such a big fat liar.  I sucked it up through the Tales! of! Katrina! that was S2...I surely can watch the finale.

I will cut someone though if it is Danny & Abbie and SBR & Ich lurvefest and there is not another season.

I haven't drank in about 9 years (alcohol no longer tasted good), but I might have to slam a bit of tequila to steel my nerves.

• Love 6

I am such a big fat liar.  I sucked it up through the Tales! of! Katrina! that was S2...I surely can watch the finale.

I will cut someone though if it is Danny & Abbie and SBR & Ich lurvefest and there is not another season.

I haven't drank in about 9 years (alcohol no longer tasted good), but I might have to slam a bit of tequila to steel my nerves.

Isn't that the bar to consider. We all suffered through Season 2's Katrina-mania. These season - and this episode - is nowhere near as hellish as that was. This episode was pretty decent actually.

I'll have my wine (gonna treat myself to some good stuff) ready, as a farewell to the season and maybe even the show....

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh and if I can add my .02 regarding that look "Betsy" gave Abbie? It came off to me as, Who the FUCK is she and what the FUCK is she doing here with YOU? And looked very petty. Meaning, again, the actress SUCKED at whatever she was directed to do.  As if Ichabod was her own personal property or...something.

It wouldn't surprise me if Nikki Reed is fulfilling a contract obligation by being on Sleepy Hollow. But all The Letter/Catacombs business did was negate her strongest scene, which was with Crane while sewing the flag. They should have had her reveal something else in the catacombs, like BR the true brains and Washington was just a figurehead. However, times being what they were, BR could never take credit, which is why she was so pensive while sewing the flag. We probably would have had the same level of acting from NR, but there would have no outcry over her showing up or threat of her coming back to the future and certainly no talk of what "that look" meant. 

I've already stated my feelings toward Danabbie, however I will keep a bottle of champagne on hand in the hopes it was merely a set up to reveal him being on the side of evil.  If not, it wasn't only bad timing but if I were the SO of one of the writers I would be hiring a private eye to spy on him and "That woman, Cliff/Albert/Raven/Damian/Joe/Leigh keeps insisting to me is 'just a friend'."

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 1

Regardless of what is really going on with Danny in relation to Abbie and what kind of man his moral compass guides him to be, the plot-point that they are reuniting is badly timed. The writing has dropped breadcrumbs that it could go this way, but those same breadcrumbs did more to reinforce the idea that it was something from the past that was likely to cause problems. I was never going to invest in them as a couple anyway, but this renewel of interest, falling where it does, makes it seem like a last-minute roadblock to Ichabbie deepening their bond in what could be the final episodes of this show.

• Love 5

Well....

I won't say that I LIED, but I have chilled out a bit and reconsidered. I've watched all the crap that made my insides boil up to now so I may as well watch the last episode. I will NOT be tweeting. I WILL be drinking heavily. That's all I can commit to right now. ( •_•)

• Love 4

Well....

I won't say that I LIED, but I have chilled out a bit and reconsidered. I've watched all the crap that made my insides boil up to now so I may as well watch the last episode. I will NOT be tweeting. I WILL be drinking heavily. That's all I can commit to right now. ( •_•)

If I can make it through the Walking Dead season finale, I can make it through Sleepy Hollow.

• Love 1

Lots to cover, but most of it will be little noted or long remembered...

All the Ichabbie goodness at the beginning

Loved the Ichabbie goodness throughout.

All that said, the park, though beautiful is controversial considering what it stands for.

I like to call it “The World’s Biggest Belt Buckle”! LOL

[in Lost Horizons] one of the local girls goes with them but she shrivels into her age and dies. Maybe that will happen to Betsy Ross. Fingers crossed.

NOTE: Shangri-La is the name of the ageless place the white guys find. But yes, Betsy shriveling up (and taking Danny with her (after he’s been outed as a rat) would be awesome.

Friends of The Witnesses.

Witnesses and Their Friends (aka WTF)!!! LOL

Cookie = SH Fandom. Hakeem = SH Writers.

Awesome

She's Nikki playing not!Betsy playing Betsy? What is this Supernatural?

Agent Ward of SHIELD

[H]ow is Joe dead(?), he took a shot to the right side of his chest, unless there is something wrong with my eyes and my TV. That could be fatal, eventually, but it would take a fuck of a long time to bleed out from that.

Papa Mills said that it would kill pretty much any monster, so I’m not sure she had to hit anywhere specific.

I'm going to give Lost in Austen another chance. I only saw part of one episode, and TM wasn't on my radar at the time.

I inherited my love for Austin from my mom (although I contend that Sense and Sensibility is a much better book than Pride and Prejudice) and I didn’t care much for LiA. Elizabeth was a much better character and I cheered her getting away.

How dumb could these people be anyway if they can't remember that the problem was Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd came to loathe each other offscreen and it undermined the interactions that did not rely on testy banter
Abbie and Ichabod grabbing each other's hands is worth a thousand soulful gazes from extraneous pretty people.

On Brooklyn 99, they had a couple hook up in the second season, and because they love and respect each other, it’s hot to watch them. They get each other’s passions and support them (even as they tease about them). It’s a great and very adult relationship.

B99 has some of the best writers and actors in the business. Maybe that’s where Tom and Nicole should go…

• Love 1