Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: The Believer

I loved Eve-as-Renard. Sasha Roiz is awesome. I didn't even mind the failed sex scenario because RenEve's facial expressions were so perfect.

He also did that thing all women on TV do when they're supposed to be naked in bed -- sheet up to armpits, delicately covering their bosoms.
  • Love 5

He also did that thing all women on TV do when they're supposed to be naked in bed -- sheet up to armpits, delicately covering their bosoms.

LOL.  Now that part was hilarious and so true!

• Love 3

Count me as another that was creeped out with the the failed seduction. When Rachel pushed SeanJulieve...JulieveSean?..on the bed, I thought they were really going to "go there". I sure hope they don't try again though....

Sasha playing Eve playing Sean was great though. And leave it up to Monroe to mention the "other parts" when talking to Eve.

I was so squicked out about even the thought of Rachel and Eve/Sean having sex that I turned the show off and missed everything else.  Now that I know that Eve/Sean pled impotence, I can gather up my easily-squicked-out self up and watch the whole episode over again.  

But I do agree ad infinitum about how much Sasha rocked this playing Eve playing Sean right out of the ballpark.  Plus the fact we got to see Sasha shirtless and he wasn't the one writhing in pain.  Now I call that a monster bonus.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 1

I thought the scenes with Eve/Faux Renard and the campaign manager were damned funny, and if the show had to go there, this was the right way to do it.

I also liked the wesen of the week story.  To me it was an interesting twist on the usual 'wesen trying not to show their true self' aspect.

But I do agree ad infinitum about how much Sasha rocked this playing Eve playing Sean right out of the ballpark.  Plus the fact we got to see Sasha shirtless and he wasn't the one writhing in pain.  Now I call that a monster bonus.

Indeed.

• Love 1

I hope they give us some cool explanation for where Trubel and Meisner have been, because, lacking that, the writers' reasons for their absence are so obvious that they take me out of the show: (1) Eve had to be without "adult" supervision so that she could do her body-switching shenanigans (because, despite the fact that HW personnel sleep in jail cells, there seems to be no supervision of them when their boss is away). (2) Meisner had to be out of the picture so that Renard and Adalind couldn't take the obvious route toward finding out more about Diana's whereabouts: talking to him. Sure, he told Renard that he didn't know her exact location, but that doesn't mean he has no useful information on the subject (i.e., who might know). 

I hope they give us some cool explanation for where Trubel and Meisner have been, because, lacking that, the writers' reasons for their absence are so obvious that they take me out of the show: (1) Eve had to be without "adult" supervision so that she could do her body-switching shenanigans (because, despite the fact that HW personnel sleep in jail cells, there seems to be no supervision of them when their boss is away). (2) Meisner had to be out of the picture so that Renard and Adalind couldn't take the obvious route toward finding out more about Diana's whereabouts: talking to him. Sure, he told Renard that he didn't know her exact location, but that doesn't mean he has no useful information on the subject (i.e., who might know). 

3) The show ran out of money to pay the actors that play Trubel and Meisner which is why they are randomly gone. I expect them both to be back in time for the season finale because something important will happen then. So predictable!

Edited by icewolf
  • Love 1

well - Juliette/Eve speaks spanish. I wonder why they didn't send her to Chile instead of T.rubel, although maybe they needed a Grimm.

By the way, I realized that Renard has a lot of characteristics of a grown up Harry Potter. I never really read the books but have read segments to my niece and nephew. Harry Potter and Renard are both 'half blood' princes who were exiled from their family or true role for which they are entitled. Renard did not go to Hogwarts though and doesn't conspicuously use magic - instead he seems to have a charismatic influence on others. There is another similarity in that in Harry Potter, his friends made a transfiguration potion where Hermione accidentally turned into a cat instead of the person she wanted to mimic, and got stuck in that state until they were able to learn how to reverse it.

• Love 1

well - Juliette/Eve speaks spanish. I wonder why they didn't send her to Chile instead of T.rubel, although maybe they needed a Grimm.

By the way, I realized that Renard has a lot of characteristics of a grown up Harry Potter. I never really read the books but have read segments to my niece and nephew. Harry Potter and Renard are both 'half blood' princes who were exiled from their family or true role for which they are entitled. Renard did not go to Hogwarts though and doesn't conspicuously use magic - instead he seems to have a charismatic influence on others. There is another similarity in that in Harry Potter, his friends made a transfiguration potion where Hermione accidentally turned into a cat instead of the person she wanted to mimic, and got stuck in that state until they were able to learn how to reverse it.

I've noticed some similarities as well (though it's been awhile since I read the Harry Potter books). Perhaps some of the writers have a thing for Harry Potter? Except, - JK Rowling they are NOT- she actually was extremely adept at world building and had pages and pages of notes on the development Of characters and plots.

The Grimm writers may be adept at writing, say, grocery lists.

• Love 2

Replying in the everything wrong thread...

I've noticed some similarities as well (though it's been awhile since I read the Harry Potter books). Perhaps some of the writers have a thing for Harry Potter? Except, - JK Rowling they are NOT- she actually was extremely adept at world building and had pages and pages of notes on the development Of characters and plots.

The Grimm writers may be adept at writing, say, grocery lists.

Nah...I'm sure they still have to make 3 or 4 trips to the store before they have everything they need....

Not that I'm in a position to point a finger on that one, though....

Does this mean that Rachel is now pregnant with Eve's baby?  The way this show is going down with the dumb subplot twists...I would not be surprised.

Well, the deed was never done...so I think Rachel is safe this time and on this point.

Unless, of course, there was some psychic tie between Nick and Adalind when Adalind first took the rape juice, but then Juliette broke the spell when she did it, taking on the psychic connection.  Now, she's used it for Renard, transferring the connection to him.  And, way back when, Wu ate the cookie...which can only mean one thing...

Wu is pregnant with Renard's baby.

Because THAT is how this show apparently works....

• Love 3
Wu is pregnant with Renard's baby.

Don't forget that this baby might also be a werewolf.  Actually, it will be a  werewolf/zauberbiest/royal.

I think we have our stupid subplot that goes no where for next season, if this show is renewed.

• Love 2

Don't forget that this baby might also be a werewolf.  Actually, it will be a  werewolf/zauberbiest/royal.

I think we have our stupid subplot that goes no where for next season, if this show is renewed.

Werewolf/zauberbiest/royal/grimm...because, remember, Nick was involved in that somehow...

And the show HAS been renewed...so, you know, gird your loins for what's coming....

• Love 1

I think the character of Rachel is safe from pregnancy but probably is not long for the Grimm world - she will probably be a casualty by the end of the season.  Renard or Eve will do her in.  Or some combination thereof.

• Love 2

So the stick works miracles but is also dangerous? If that's the case then I doubt it's a part of the true cross. I'm wondering if the stick can influence those around it in a negative way and maybe the cloth is a part of Shroud of Turin and it contains the sticks powers ?

I thought most of the words were too faded to read so they could only read "miraculous" and "dangerous" but if they could read all of the passage it would say something like "miraculous cure of dangerous wounds." 

• Love 2

I think the character of Rachel is safe from pregnancy but probably is not long for the Grimm world - she will probably be a casualty by the end of the season.  Renard or Eve will do her in.  Or some combination thereof.

Even if Evenard was able to, ahem, deliver I still don't think (er, hope?) we'd have to worry about yet another pregnancy,  Unlike some characters on this show (cough, cough...Adalind...cough, cough), Rachel seems like the sort of person who has enough control of herself to practice birth control.

• Love 2

Even if Evenard was able to, ahem, deliver I still don't think (er, hope?) we'd have to worry about yet another pregnancy,  Unlike some characters on this show (cough, cough...Adalind...cough, cough), Rachel seems like the sort of person who has enough control of herself to practice birth control.

Yeah, I can't really see Rachel waddling into the police station and opening her coat and saying "it's yours" to Renard.  That was one of the cheesiest of all cheesy scenes ever on this show. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I can't really see Rachel waddling into the police station and opening her coat and saying "it's yours" to Renard.  That was one of the cheesiest of all cheesy scenes ever on this show. 

That scene was straight out of a soap opera.

ITYMTS She/He also did...

And I agree it was hilarious; especially with the "oh shit" look on his/her face when Eve realized she was expected to boink her.

Dear Ms. Manners:

Can a Hexenbiest cloaked as a male, when unexpectedly called upon to do the Beast with Two Backs, beg off with "Not tonight, I have a headache" or must she/he use a different excuse?

I thought most of the words were too faded to read so they could only read "miraculous" and "dangerous" but if they could read all of the passage it would say something like "miraculous cure of dangerous wounds." 

Miraculous ender of dangerous plots? Please?

• Love 2