Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: The Handoff

PinkRibbons
  • Start Topic

That....whole....phone scene....was...fan...flipping...TASTIC!  As was Pam finally punching Cheryl.

I'm guessing one of the theme's this season is Archer's behavior, like the prank voice mail messages, is finally going to bite him in the ass, ultimately climaxing the in the opening scene last episode.

I do know that Patton Oswalt needs an award for his guest voice work this episode. (Wonder if the lawyer insisting with shoes off is a character quirk or because of trying to keep the just cleaned floor spotless.)   And, after previous seasons of not really not having real power, we've finally got Malory calling some shots!   And her taking down the biker leader was fantastic.

• Love 2

We got to hear Archer get an erection again. I wouldn't want that in every episode, but it is pretty funny. It's also amusing for the gang to wait for Archer to break into his usual joke. I would have figured they would have put two and two together after about a minute.

I thought the first episode was a bit of a slow start (nothing bad just a lot of set up),but this whole episode was amazing. I laughed more than on any other show i have watched in a long time and it reminded me why this is my favourite tv show. On top of the voice mail, the whole thing with Shapiro recounting what happened to his dogs was hilarious. As was Trunksminster Fuller and the whole set up of it.

• Love 2

IMO, Patton Oswalt should be given an award for his voice work. The man must've done a crap ton of voice between September and now because he is showing up (or more like his voice acting is appearing) in so many different shows. 

• Love 1

Loved the the voice mail gag!  It was only a matter of time before everyone just assumes Archer's phone is automatically going to go to voice mail, only for it to be the real thing.  And I liked that the entire fight scene was off screen, so it just fun imagining how exactly it played out.

Glad Patton Oswalt had more to do as Shapiro in this episode.

Cyril continuing to attempt to be the big boss is hilarious.  Love how Malory keeps overshadowing him with ease.  I'm glad that it seems like Malory will be getting more to do this season.

Even though it was shown in all of the previews, I still laugh at Archer's random "It's after Labor Day!" excuse to being naked when the gang comes in to rescue him and Lana.

The voice mail scene was perfect. Seeing how everyone at the office just under-react to (what was actually) a fight was amazing.

Yup, it was brilliant! And the realization that it was not a drill? Epic. Mallory in mama bear mode is always a thing of beauty.

The only thing keeping this episode from being absolutely perfect was Archer missing the chance to reply to Ray's statement that he was dressed to blend in with "Where did you expect to be blending, the Blue Oyster Bar?"

What does blue oyster bar mean? What is it?

The only thing keeping this episode from being absolutely perfect was Archer missing the chance to reply to Ray's statement that he was dressed to blend in with "Where did you expect to be blending, the Blue Oyster Bar?"