Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Day in Question

On 6/10/2016 at 10:09 AM, emjohnson03 said:

I was for some reason, thinking she would have somehow realized who he was at the end (in dreams or something) but I like that he seemed familar but not really sure because in reality, she didn't know him.

She didn't know him, but she met him in the diner.  Maybe that was the faint remembrance.

On 4/4/2016 at 11:29 PM, shapeshifter said:

In my mind, Sadie didn't marry the weirdo in the reset (natural/original) timeline, because when she was talking about her life at the banquet (when Jake asked if she had a happy life) she mentioned having a dog but didn't mention children or a husband. I realize that could just mean she successfully divorced him, but that's not an interpretation I want to accept.

But, nothing changed in that timeline, so she married him.

On 4/5/2016 at 0:06 PM, ganesh said:

I'm also not really buying Jake going back and the world becoming awful just because he was there. Al had been going back how many times to get the meat for the burgers? Clearly, everything was ok. 

It didn't.  It became awful because he saved Kennedy.  Al never did.

On 4/5/2016 at 0:58 PM, shapeshifter said:
On 4/5/2016 at 0:06 PM, ganesh said:

I'm also not really buying Jake going back and the world becoming awful just because he was there. Al had been going back how many times to get the meat for the burgers? Clearly, everything was ok.

I'm pretty sure that when Al first shares time travel info with Jake that Al has done a complete reset. So, based on most time travel "rules," I think that means the Jake we meet would have no memories of an apocalypse. Answering your post makes me wonder if Al's "cancer" was more radiation poisoning from nuclear fallout that he experienced at least once.

Nope, Jake did a complete reset and remembered everything.

i really liked this show and book! i have watched the entire series a few times now. i started reading the book early in 2017, then before i was finished the series started on HULU. the book has slight differences and is much more detailed. i really like 1960s & 70s history anyway so this story is great for me even though it is a sci-fi fiction. they did a great job with the background stuff making the watcher (and reader) feel as if they are actually looking at the 1960s. that was my favorite part, more so than the story line or actors. i looked very hard for "mistakes" but everything in the series was period correct as far as i could tell. i do think the yellow card man should have been a bigger part of the show like he was in the book.