Type keyword(s) to search

SPN Eye Candy: Drooling Over The Actors And Characters

• Start Topic

On 6/3/2016 at 6:50 PM, catrox14 said:

More Director!Jensen

tumblr_mizkt36vZ81qez1uho1_500.jpgtumblr_n90z26OlkU1rkffz6o1_250.jpg

Lordy!! The intensity in the above larger photo. And don't forget he may be a fabulous director, but he's one hell of a PA! ;)

• Love 4

It's funny, because sometimes I look at Jensen and marvel at how he really hasn't aged at all in the last decade, and then other times when I see some early episodes, I think he literally changed from a boy to a man.  It just depends on his expression sometimes.  The boy was certainly lovely to look at, but the man...

• Love 5
11 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Dammit, Jensen. How can you be so just....so and then make me sad. Poor Jensen. I'm afraid he'll need therapy when he has to say goodbye to Dean :(

tumblr_o8fdsbwRFi1rnkks9o1_r1_250.giftumblr_o8fdsbwRFi1rnkks9o2_r1_250.gif

You know, I was just thinking about this the other day. When the day comes that Jensen has to say "goodbye" to Dean, I'm sure that it will feel like he's losing his best friend. :(

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

You know, I was just thinking about this the other day. When the day comes that Jensen has to say "goodbye" to Dean, I'm sure that it will feel like he's losing his best friend. :(

I always say I want Jensen to play a superhero but that's just because I want the world to appreciate Jensen as much as I do and because I think he deserves any accolades that would come from that. But the fact of the matter for me is that I wish Dean Winchester had a shot to be on the big screen and have as much of a following as any superhero. Like Batman or Superman. Because for me, Dean is truly iconic and IMO is the most original character I've ever seen portrayed on screen. I want the world to love Dean Winchester like I do. I know Dean can be an asshole and has his foibles but he's just so not like anything else I've ever seen. And I especially want that for Jensen because I know that 95% of what makes Dean unique is because of Jensen's work to create the character, since the writing fails Dean so much of the time.

• Love 3

catrox, I agree with everything you've said. I have loved the character of Dean Winchester since 2005, and he has been my favorite character of all time. As much as I want to see Jensen have other acting opportunities, I will miss Dean more than words can say. 

• Love 2

I agree with you both in regard to Dean the character, and Jensen the actor.  I'm not a comic book fan, so superhero movies leave me cold, but I hope he gets to do what he wants when the time comes to put Baby out to pasture.

• Love 1
(edited)
On June 8, 2016 at 1:16 PM, catrox14 said:

I always say I want Jensen to play a superhero but that's just because I want the world to appreciate Jensen as much as I do and because I think he deserves any accolades that would come from that. But the fact of the matter for me is that I wish Dean Winchester had a shot to be on the big screen and have as much of a following as any superhero. Like Batman or Superman. Because for me, Dean is truly iconic and IMO is the most original character I've ever seen portrayed on screen. I want the world to love Dean Winchester like I do. I know Dean can be an asshole and has his foibles but he's just so not like anything else I've ever seen. And I especially want that for Jensen because I know that 95% of what makes Dean unique is because of Jensen's work to create the character, since the writing fails Dean so much of the time.

I have a feeling there will be a movie, and maybe it will do what Serenity did which is bring some fans to Firefly. 

Edited by Binns
SPN =! firefly
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Binns said:

I have a feeling there will be a movie, and maybe it will do what Serenity did which is bring some fans to SPN. 

Serenity was one of the few instances that a movie improved the TV show. I worry a little bit now that a movie will try to go bigger than we've had on the TV show and destroy the intimacy of the TV show. I dunno.  I saw on FB yesterday pretty well sums me up

13434948_1477075215730740_15908240898514

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

JFC. I don't what episode this is from but I'm guessing s9 because the scruff but  Oh. MY. GODS. 

Bless this person on Tumblr for having it on their post. My gods. Just my gods. Help. Me.  My gods.

tumblr_inline_o8jpwbH4Hm1tb4qdc_540.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)

Seriously. I hopped on the train for a second. 

I gotta say....Jensen is so, so handsome but Jared is just plain pretty. And he looks SO GOOD right now. 

Edited by Binns
Words, I forgot some...
  • Love 1

Semi-serious question: why does Jared wear so many clothes? He's always sweating like crazy! I think he should just hang around in short sleeves all the time. The bonus of being able to see his arms is just gravy. 

• Love 2
On 6/23/2016 at 11:11 AM, Binns said:

Semi-serious question: why does Jared wear so many clothes? He's always sweating like crazy! I think he should just hang around in short sleeves all the time. The bonus of being able to see his arms is just gravy. 

Pure speculation based on something I heard him say about his beenies, I think it's because of anxiety. The more he's covered, the less anxious he is. Just a guess but he has stated that his beenies are like a security blanket.

On July 4, 2016 at 6:22 PM, bearcatfan said:

Pure speculation based on something I heard him say about his beenies, I think it's because of anxiety. The more he's covered, the less anxious he is. Just a guess but he has stated that his beenies are like a security blanket.

Hmm...that's an interesting thought. I know he's very self conscious about his body. 

12 minutes ago, Binns said:

Hmm...that's an interesting thought. I know he's very self conscious about his body. 

Jared is self conscious about his body? I'm not so sure about that. His trip to Rio says otherwise :Pe27d5ab7e067b7a16585af915a9f1456.jpg trip to

• Love 1

He's mentioned before that likes wearing hoodies because it hides the belly. However, my point was just that being covered might be more of a comforting factor rather than being specifically anxious about his body. He has stated that he suffers from depression and anxiety. That's not related to any one specific thing. Everyone gets depressed or anxious at time but for people who suffer from clinical depression and anxiety, it's more of a constant that just occurs. His depression isn't because his life sucks, because it clearly doesn't. He isn't anxious because of a certain situation. It just is.

I just think he finds the clothes comforting. Just like he has said he finds the beanies comforting. That doesn't mean he won't wear less at times. Of course, this is all speculation based on what he's said and the psychology classes and psychiatric clinical practicums I had as a nursing student.

• Love 3

I reallly don't know where this idea is coming from that Jared or Jensen have issues with showing their bodies or have body shame. Jared seems to raise his arms JUST enough to He's always raising his arms enough to show a smidgen of belly and the SAXX underwear at conventions. Jared has been known to wear his beanie when he's wearing board shorts.  Jensen has said he doesn't want to show his belly because then he's worried they'll give him more shirtless scenes which means he'd have to work out a lot harder than he wants to do right now.  Maybe Jared just wants to get paid to show his belly even a little bit LOL.

But I appreciate the excuse to post more shameless Eye Candy in the Eye Candy thread.

jared-by-nanea-hoffman-sp-and-coffee.jpg

• Love 1

I read an interview with Jared about this ...he has a deathly fear of being overweight and he said he was self-conscious of his body. No idea which interview. I don't think wearing a bathing suit means he ISN'T self conscious or accidentally/on purpose flashing people at cons. 

No idea which interview it was so I can't back myself up. But it stuck with me because he has such a great body that it surprised me. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I reallly don't know where this idea is coming from that Jared or Jensen have issues with showing their bodies or have body shame.

I'm not sure if this is directed at me but I said it's not an issue with his body. It's an anxiety issue IMO. That doesn't mean it's related to his body. He has stated that he suffers from anxiety. He's stated that he see someone to help him cope with his depression and anxiety. It's a clinical illness and does not resemble the normal anxiety that the vast majority of us go through from time to time. My speculation is that clothing helps with the anxiety like he has stated his beanie helps. He doesn't always wear the beanie and he isn't always wearing a ton of clothes. This isn't related to any body image issues. It's purely an anxiety issue. The anxiety for Jared does not need to be related to anything. It just exists.

Edited by bearcatfan
Forgot to quote
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Binns said:

I read an interview with Jared about this ...he has a deathly fear of being overweight and he said he was self-conscious of his body. N

I believe that you read it in an interview but I wonder if that interview got it wrong. If you can find it I'd love to read about it. Because he's said a few times at cons that he has trouble bulking up because he is naturally lean and he has to work out really hard to bulk up. That's why he regrets  hulking out via steroids in s4 and s5 when he was going for the Conan the Barbarian role. 

My point was more that he wears a beanie even when he's out and about whilst wearing board shorts and a tank top which doesn't strike me as being about his body as much as the comfort that the beanie gives him. 

Can we take this serious discussion of Jared's mental health  to a thread other than the Eye Candy which is meant to be fun and not serious. :) Not policing the community, just asking :)

(edited)
1 hour ago, bearcatfan said:

I'm done. I wouldn't have replied the 2nd time if I didn't believe what I was saying was misconstrued.

We were talking about two different things. Or at least I was.  If that came across as misconstruing it wasn't intentional.

I wanted to take the more serious discussion to another thread where it could be discussed with respect, since this thread is meant for us to be assholes where we can objectify/appreciate the cast.

Edited by catrox14
5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Jensen's new FB profile pic. Lordy. I just . Man. He's so damn beautifully handsomely or handsomely beautiful. But /swooooonnnn

tumblr_oa8rjzHeBK1ravgwio3_500.png

Stunning! I'm even starting to appreciate the beard! 

• Love 1