Type keyword(s) to search

SPN Eye Candy: Drooling Over The Actors And Characters

• Start Topic

I'd love to be able to see him in person. I hesitate to say "meet him" as I'd no doubt be rendered speechless, and it seems to me that it only counts as "meeting" if actual words are exchanged. 

As far as him becoming more handsome over time, while I agree, for some reason I have always strongly disliked the word "handsome" as a descriptor. It invariably seems applied to those with the sort of even, conventionally good-looking features that I typically find boring. Jensen's features transcend the merely "handsome". There's something truly magical in them. I wish there was a better word for masculine beauty. Or a word liked better lol. The thesaurus desn't even help.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Oh, those really are gorgeous! As much as I think he is looking even better on a lot of levels now, there is still something about these older pictures that just fills my heart to bursting. His face has affected me differently throughout the run of the show, I guess, and I find trying to analyze that just as interesting as any of the plots (which is probably why I end up with gaping holes in my understanding of much of the whole myth arc). In the first couple years, there was this fresh,  boyish and almost girlish beauty to his face. He was luminous. His skin, the freckles, the softness of his features...Just too, too pretty for words, which is patently NOT my usual taste in guys, yet taken to a level which made it undeniable and almost painful.

A couple of years later (a few weeks in my personal timeline, since I watched the entire run of the show for the first time between last November and this March), there was another layer of maturity and some of the lines of his face were even cleaner and a bit more sharply drawn. He was quite literally breathtaking, eliciting audible gasps and fervent whispers of "OMG, you are so beautiful!" toward the screen. My inner teenybopper swooned and sighed, and the young woman I once was started feeling things that the middle-aged woman I am had practically forgotten.

Now time is beginning to etch some expression lines into his face, and there is a real depth starting to add itself to those perfectly sculpted features. My reactions to it, as well, are a bit quieter but a bit deeper. Though he certainly can still make my heart go pitter-pat and my stomach do a little flip, there's also a real enjoyment over and above that in watching him. And I genuinely feel, while I don't know him and never will, as though I truly like this man.

As you say, he could easily have been a supermodel. Except that I can't think of any supermodels who have ever really stirred any reaction in me. It almost makes me wonder, were he just a model, whether I would have just flipped by the pages as usual or whether he would have caught my attention with nothing else but looks. Because there is SO much more to him than just that. And we are so lucky that he picked a career that gave us a chance to really see it.

Sorry this turned into a bit of a ramble...and I still don't feel that I came close to really expressing myself. But he does give me the feels....

What a great post, and it perfectly describes my reaction to him, as well.  I don't ever go for the pretty boys as a rule, so I was surprised by my reaction to Jensen.  I think it's a combination of his beautiful face and his personality that comes through somehow.  I can't explain it, but it definitely sucked me in to this silly show and I don't see that changing until the bitter end.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:44 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Jensen's features transcend the merely "handsome". There's something truly magical in them. I wish there was a better word for masculine beauty. Or a word liked better lol. The thesaurus desn't even help.

I agree! He also has a gorgeous profiletwp.jpg

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh, I agree...Flawless...

What I find refreshing about him is that while he doesn't have false humility about his looks - He KNOWS that he's ridiculously good-looking because, how could he not? Even if the mirror doesn't tell him (though one would have to imagine it does) enough people have made a point of it over the years for him to have accepted it as fact - he seems to take it as more of a trademark than anything else. I don't sense vanity there. It's just a fact, and something which he is more likely joke about than take really seriously. I'm sure those looks have opened some doors for him, but in no way does he rely on them.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
because I can't stop talking
  • Love 5

I agree.  Just on SPN alone, he hears some reference to his looks in almost every episode.  But he does seem to be pretty cool about it.  I would imagine that even within his own family he's probably teased about by his siblings.  While being perfectly normal looking, they do not look like their beautiful brother.  And when he was younger, he was downright pretty.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I agree.  Just on SPN alone, he hears some reference to his looks in almost every episode.  But he does seem to be pretty cool about it.  I would imagine that even within his own family he's probably teased about by his siblings.  While being perfectly normal looking, they do not look like their beautiful brother.  And when he was younger, he was downright pretty.

Actually, I can't locate it right now, but there's a picture of him <4 yrs old (I think) with a pageboy haircut where he's got strong features that are not cherubic.   This is, I understand it, common for some of the more classically beautiful adults. 

56 minutes ago, SueB said:

Actually, I can't locate it right now, but there's a picture of him <4 yrs old (I think) with a pageboy haircut where he's got strong features that are not cherubic.   This is, I understand it, common for some of the more classically beautiful adults. 

I've seen that photo. Yeah, it's funny how features change. Awkward-looking children do often grow into their features. And it seems that very few "pretty" guys really manage to hold onto their looks as they age. It's not that they get ugly, per se, but lines just don't set as well on softer features as they do on chiseled ones. That dewy flush of youth seems to be a integral, yet short-lived part of their appeal, and gravity seems to take its toll much sooner. Somehow Jensen seems to be avoiding those problems. I get the feeling that he will always be gorgeous.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh. My. Gods. He's adorable. Like if that is like how Jensen is ALL the time...just shoot me now. And look at him FB video-ing all by himself. HELP That was too cute. Fucker has ruined me. LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

I recognized the terminal right away.  I'm guessing he had to walk from Terminal D to Terminal C.... and it's a LONG DAMN haul. No moving walkways, poor signage...  plus he's right about there being an uphill part.  Poor dude.  Glad he made it.

36 minutes ago, SueB said:

I recognized the terminal right away.  I'm guessing he had to walk from Terminal D to Terminal C.... and it's a LONG DAMN haul. No moving walkways, poor signage...  plus he's right about there being an uphill part.  Poor dude.  Glad he made it.

Which airport?

(edited)
6 minutes ago, SueB said:

Sorry, IAD (aka Washington, Dulles) - my 'home' airport.  I'm there 4-6 times a month...

No worries, thanks yes I have been in that one too and yes it does have an up hill part. My brother lives in DC. Fortunately I usually fly into Regan. This next time (June) I am flying into Baltimore.

Edited by Diane
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I got a kick out of Jensen saying "Oh that's pretty" when he got all distracted by the window coverings or whatever those were. LOL Dork.

Random airport art.  Seriously, it's a wall art ...thing...

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, BlueMeanie said:

What's the story?

Relevant tweet:

User Actions

FollowJess | #SPNFamily‏@Jess_Riordain

Jared: "I've had some misfortunes so it's good to be back" Jensen: *Shows AKF Shirt and hugs Jared* #JIBCON7

SueB spec: since he left Rome last year in the middle of the night and didn't appear at JIBCON6, I'd say coming back to Rome for JIBCON7 was a reminder of the tough experience he had last year.  Facing that this year was probably hard.  So... yay Jared. And thank you Jensen for having his back.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3

I think it was during the closing ceremony.  Jared just got a little choked up, and Jensen was wearing his AKF t-shirt which he uncovered and pointed to as a sign of solidarity, and then Jensen just sort of reached out and put his arms around Jared and pulled him in for a big hug.  I'm really not explaining it very well, but I don't know that there's a video of it yet.  I'm sure there will be in a day or two.  I know that Jensen was very upset last year about Jared's situation, so I'm sure this year has brought some of that back for both of them.

• Love 2

When you've had a bad experience or something brings it back up, it can be difficult to deal with, so I can see both of them having a bit of a emotional reaction. I'm glad he made it through as that shows the healing is well on the way. 

I think one reason I still love this show is how well they get along.  I hate when I find out that two actors can't get along and the show suffers for it.  I don't think these two will ever not be there for each other.  If you can still get along after 11 years, I think it's a safe bet it can continue. 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

I think it was during the closing ceremony.  Jared just got a little choked up, and Jensen was wearing his AKF t-shirt which he uncovered and pointed to as a sign of solidarity, and then Jensen just sort of reached out and put his arms around Jared and pulled him in for a big hug.  I'm really not explaining it very well, but I don't know that there's a video of it yet.  I'm sure there will be in a day or two.  I know that Jensen was very upset last year about Jared's situation, so I'm sure this year has brought some of that back for both of them.

tumblr_o7miomwowd1v0jyjjo1_400.gif

Edited by MYFAKETVBOYFRIEND
  • Love 4

Thanks.  Like most people, his eye color looks different in different lighting. But there are times when fans will painstakingly re-touch the image/video to give him greener eyes.  This is not the case with this video.  Which is nice, because it's one of the few times you can see his eye color so clearly. 

15 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Umm....

.tumblr_o824qhoUWb1sgfzydo2_250.giftumblr_o824qhoUWb1sgfzydo3_250.gif

ETA: Does he look a bit beefier? I don't mean heavier like fat, but more muscular than at the end of the season.

Yeah, I've been thinking so. I wish they would wear more short sleeve snug shirts so we can better evaluate these things. You know, for science. Jared's always saying how hot he is anyway.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Binns said:

Yeah, I've been thinking so. I wish they would wear more short sleeve snug shirts so we can better evaluate these things. You know, for science. Jared's always saying how hot he is anyway.

I just kind of noticed his...thighs...seemed....thighier....yes...his thighs.. for science.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

You can omit the word Director, and it pretty much covers it for me!

LOL Oh Same but the director thing..I dunno, he just seems like maybe that's him? Like as much as we can know Jensen. Like he's not being Dean, and he's not being Con!Jensen but just seems so...I dunno...in his element and it's just really...appealing..plus...baseball caps...HELLLOOOO

Sigh....

tumblr_ndnjuogwoT1sm6x1so2_500.jpg

tumblr_ncvxgbIO4l1sm6x1so1_1280.jpgtumblr_ncvxgbIO4l1sm6x1so3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndnjuogwoT1sm6x1so1_500.jpg

• Love 1

I totally hear you.  He absolutely seems to be in his element, and it's nice to hear the great things everyone has to say about him as a director.  I personally hope he stays in front of the camera for the majority of the foreseeable future, but I can see him directly down the line.  But he sure is purdy!!

• Love 1