Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: On The Warpath

• Start Topic

Sylvie witnesses a murder and is threatened by the shooter not to go to the police. Firehouse 51 jumps into action when a fire breaks out at a restaurant and traps several people inside a vault. Mouch starts to get cold feet.

That guy had one hell of a constitution, to take a head shot like that and still keep breathing.  It was a bit rewarding, from a firefighter pov,  to see the medics remaining professional and going through the motions to save his life.

Gabby got stepped on!  Twice.  First by Trudy, and then Casey.  Tsk, tsk.

Casey is shocked (Shocked, I tell you!) that business people get favors from the city council in return for campaign donations.

Mouch:  "I got a problem with my eye, Chief.  I just can't see making it to the wedding tomorrow."  I loved that Trudy hates the same things that Mouch hates.  Presumably they will buy Rocky Road in the gallon size.

Severide didn't get laid, and Otis did?  Shut my mouth.

• Love 1
(edited)

The Brett storyline ended pretty anticlimactically.  I was glad to see them do their jobs, but it was a convenient wrap up.  On to the next drama, I guess.

I actually feel bad for both Casey and Dawson this time, because the idea was always (IIRC), that Dawson would be on the truck during her candidacy and transfer elsewhere so they could get married.  Then they broke up, got back together and apparently never talked about this.  Different expectations are rough for anyone.

I kind of go back and forth on Stella and Severide.  On one hand, I like that they're actually building up chemistry for them before having them jump into bed together.  But I wish they'd held off a bit longer.  As it is, I've no idea if Stella's going to be a permanent new hire like Brett or Jimmy, or if she's going to be a there-and-gone character like Clarke, Newhouse, or Chili.  I care slightly more than I did for his last three or four girlfriends, but I'm still pretty skeptical.

And well done, Otis.  :-)

I was a little amused at how intensely Casey reacted to Severide's arm wound.  Over the past season, the guy's been hit by a car, a ceiling duct, almost blown up, almost crushed by another car and he seems perfectly happy to walk all that off.  But his roommate gets a bad burn, and now, he's on the warpath!

Edited by squidprincess
  • Love 1
(edited)
And well done, Otis.  :-)

I agree. But that girl was so perfect for him, and so willing to put out, that part of me wondered if Cruz had hired her to cheer Otis up....Well it worked.

I was a little amused at how intensely Casey reacted to Severide's arm wound.  Over the past season, the guy's been hit by a car, a ceiling duct, almost blown up, almost crushed by another car and he seems perfectly happy to walk all that off.  But his roommate gets a bad burn, and now, he's on the warpath!

I had similar thoughts...but that burn is going to leave a nasty scar.

Edited by MaryHedwig
  • Love 1

Casey is shocked (Shocked, I tell you!) that business people get favors from the city council in return for campaign donations.

I thought it was stupid that they think that contractors get to decide what kind of materials go into buildings. When that is pretty much the whole point of a building design done by architects and engineers. Especially for a building that was a big enough deal for a city council to vote on.

Severide didn't get laid, and Otis did? Shut my mouth.

I always thought Otis not being able to get women was a stupid plotline. I mean the dude is a single fire fighter who owns a bar and is friends with Severide. So of course it would be rare for any woman to pay attention to him.

• Love 1

Otis should be dating at this point; loved that he got the hook-up.

Cruz deserves a love story at this point as well; he tends to lose out to his friends.

He is very emotional and the actor is great at playing the emotional stuff.

I am not surprised about the Casey/Dawson relationship drama.

They are about to introduce a female who will turn his head and will help him in his new role as Alderman.

Dawson and Casey need to talk because there is a bit of a misunderstanding.

I am not sold on Stella yet; Dawson and Severide need a new bestie though.

I always thought in losing Shay, Severide would evolve and want something more than the casual hook-up.

I kind of think he does.

Stella is coming out of a relationship and has indicated she just wants to have some fun.

So, let her have her fun; I'd like the less predictable route for her.

I can see her being the female version of Severide; so, I don't know if pairing them is a good idea.

Frankly, pair her with someone surprising: maybe, Joe Cruz.

Severide would be obvious and predictable.

Personally, I loved how April Sexton was introduced and her back story with Severide.

She gets him and he gets her.

I know logistically it would be a bit difficult; I'd like the two of them to have a shot.

Also, to see him pursue a relationship with her and her being hesitant would be refreshing to see.

Especially, since Med isn't utilizing her character at all.

Brett and Jimmy have chemistry; slow build these two.

(edited)

Go away, Gabby.

Casey needs to send people to alk to the staff at his ward office (every alderman has one within his or her ward)--no one should be approaching him at the firehouse and he really shouldn't be making calls to the other aldermen while he's on duty at 51.

If the blond cop who took Brett's id off the dead perp doesn't end up stalking her, that was a wasted story line. She does have a ton more chemistry with Jimmy than Chilli did.

I could look at Severide all day long. He has a twinkly eyed smile sometimes that just makes me smile too.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh

I'm over Casey's political storyline. I'm way over Stella. I think she is the worst one thus far. Bring back Clark already! I agree with the other posters...why don't Otis and Cruz ever have girlfriends?? They are both good looking, nice guys who are also firemen. Are Brett and Jimmy dating? I can't remember.

• Love 2

Casey and Gabby's relationship has been all over the map. Remember back in Season 1 and Casey was all "I must have kids right now right now?" Then Gabby ends up knocked up and then loses the baby and she's acting like it's just a casual thing between her and Casey and she's fine with it. WTF? And how on earth did the newspaper get it so wrong that they actually thought she was his wife? Surely his marital status came up at some point during the campaign. If anyone thought they were married it would have been a huge issue because it's against the rules for them to work at the same station.

The fact that Sylvie's murder-witnessing story wrapped up in just one episode (seemingly) kind of speaks to the whiplash nature of this show, and maybe explains why the writers can't keep Casey and Gabby on a consistent trajectory for more than one episode.

• Love 1

Casey and Gabby's relationship has been all over the map. Remember back in Season 1 and Casey was all "I must have kids right now right now?" Then Gabby ends up knocked up and then loses the baby and she's acting like it's just a casual thing between her and Casey and she's fine with it. WTF? And how on earth did the newspaper get it so wrong that they actually thought she was his wife? Surely his marital status came up at some point during the campaign. If anyone thought they were married it would have been a huge issue because it's against the rules for them to work at the same station.

The fact that Sylvie's murder-witnessing story wrapped up in just one episode (seemingly) kind of speaks to the whiplash nature of this show, and maybe explains why the writers can't keep Casey and Gabby on a consistent trajectory for more than one episode.

Was that season 1? He was with that doctor Season 1.  I thought they didn't get together until she died season 2 and after she had her fling with Halstead

Yes, Casey's girlfriend was named Hallie (I think) in Season 1 and he had serious baby fever and she didn't, which is why they broke up for awhile, but then got together. But of course Dawson got pregnant with Casey's baby last season and everyone was congratulating them left and right like it wasn't the most awkward unplanned pregnancy on earth. Then she miscarried but they're still living together and his thoughts are towards marriage now and she's like "Let's just keep things casual." This after pining after him for four seasons. Whatevs. 

New poster here but big fan of the show ... love Cruz and frankly I'd date him (if Severide weren't available of course).

I still miss Shay - she was awesome.  And I also wish whatshisname (the fire fighter who use to faint and became a paramedic and then left to ran a restaurant).  He was great and seemed to fit in much better with the guys.

Dawson and Casey just don't look right and to be honest, she's not that great as an actress.  I too thought it was weird that she got over the miscarriage so quickly and went from nearly having a baby with Casey to now keeping it cool.

Brett and Jimmy thing is odd - that's like dating your roommate or your friend's ex-boyfriend or casual fling.  Gross - messy.

I feel like lately the plot has been a bit weak - it's more a show I watch for the characters than for the actual plot.  Wrapping up the murderer so soon and so conveniently was a bit trite and boring.  I was disappointed and surprised ... that's it?  That's all that story gets?

• Love 1

I never really saw Chili and Sylvia as being all that close. Were we supposed to think they were great friends? Or friends at all? I saw them as co-workers who were relatively nice to each other because they had to be as partners, and they could barely pull that off at times.

I never really saw Chili and Sylvia as being all that close. Were we supposed to think they were great friends? Or friends at all? I saw them as co-workers who were relatively nice to each other because they had to be as partners, and they could barely pull that off at times.

Sylvie almost killed Chilli before they created the "Chilli is a livewire who doesn't love herself" storyline and I thought they got closer after surviving that.

Sylvie was giving friend level guilt trips for weeks so I assumed they were close. If they were just partners I'd expect Sylvie to report Chilli right away, because who cares.

Also, Brett and Jimmy is gross as hell.  And by god, there are 3 shows set in Chicago with a 4th coming. There is literally zero reason for anybody (new) to still be sleeping with co-workers.

Chili wasn't really around long enough for anyone to develop a close relationship with her. Sylvie may have felt close to her on occasion, but big picture, not a bond strong enough to make dating the ex-boy toy overly messy. It wasn't like Gabby and Shay who were presented to us as long-time partners in the ambo. Chili came and went relatively quickly.

Edited by iMonrey

Chili wasn't really around long enough for anyone to develop a close relationship with her. Sylvie may have felt close to her on occasion, but big picture, not a bond strong enough to make dating the ex-boy toy overly messy. It wasn't like Gabby and Shay who were presented to us as long-time partners in the ambo. Chili came and went relatively quickly.

A shame ... I liked her.  She seemed good at her job and she had a nice father-daughter thing going on with Herman

I liked that Platt was just as panic-stricken as Mouch, and Burgess's eyeroll + vodka chug combo on Platt's "I don't know why I'm even talking to you two; you can't nail down a man!" made me laugh out loud.