Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: A Cold Day In Hell's Kitchen

On 3/30/2016 at 0:43 AM, millennium said:

Stick's final scene with Nobu seemed like an homage to Highlander, complete with the sword tucked inside the coat.

Oh yeah.  In the end there can be only one.

On 4/15/2016 at 2:18 AM, mledawn said:

I can't fathom how Karen didn't know Matt was Daredevil after he held her face and spoke to her after freeing her from The Hand.

When Matt said "I'm Daredevil" at the very end I so wanted Karen to do a Han Solo and reply "I know."

Well, I enjoyed that season but I echo what many have said -- the totally awesome ninja fighting became so repetitious (and was filmed in such poor, albeit dramatic lighting) that I found myself playing Angry Birds during some of the fights.  That is not a good sign.  

I'm also irritated by the 40-story hole in the ground (which we STILL don't know anything about.)  I know enough about Manhattan to know that the island sits on bedrock.  You could not go that deep without blasting (actually you just could not go that deep at all) and you certainly could not have gone that deep in the middle of densely populated Hells Kitchen with no one noticing. 

But nitpicks and unresolved plot-points aside, I had a good ride.  I'm now sorry I watched this out of order because I missed out of the live discussions and when I watched Luke Cage I didn't fully understand Claire's back-story (the lady has seen some shit.)  

I'm looking forward to the next installment in the Netflix Marvel-verse.  That'll be Iron Fist, The Defenders, and Jessica Jones 2 -- all in 2017, right?

I think The Hand is a little lucky that they only grabbed Karen when they did.  It's pretty clear at this point that Frank Castle is in some kind of love with her.  If he'd known they were a threat to Karen (and that they existed), Frank would have killed the shit out of a whole lot more ninjas.  And figure he's got more bullets that they've got resurrection juice.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2