Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Experimental Prototype City Of Tomorrow

8 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Tangent, but it's funny that I'm reading this right after watching an ep of Mad Men with commentary. MW comments on a scene between Don and Sally and says how it's all about how Don is now talking to her like an adult and explains that he's not going to lie to her.

And then he lies to her.

And in both cases it's sort of similar. The parents are telling the kid a truth they didn't tell them before, so in some ways they've stopped lying. But it's only a partial truth and the part they leave out is covered with a flat-out lie.

My suspicious rise when a person says "I don't lie to you" or "I am a honest person".  In that case he had no need to say it. If I remember right, Sandra never even says "honestly".

10 hours ago, Roseanna said:

My suspicious rise when a person says "I don't lie to you" or "I am a honest person".  In that case he had no need to say it. If I remember right, Sandra never even says "honestly".

Yes, she definitely never has to say that. The only time I could see her saying it would be to tell Stan that the reason she's telling him that she's going away with this guy is because it's not a secret. Saying "Okay, I'm going to be honest with you..." implies you haven't been honest before that. How many times will Clark say that to Martha, for instance?