Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Tribute episode in the works (surprised this exclusive went to Variety and not Frank's buddies at EW):

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/general-hospital-john-reilly-tribute-exclusive-1234883089/

I'm so curious how Tiffany is going into be worked into all of this, given SW's health issues. Even an out-of-town Zoom call would be enough for me, because a tribute to JR/Sean Donely (only one n and one l, lol) would be incomplete without Tiffany (and so many others, but her most of all). 

Edited by UYI
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn't Sean shot and they were taking him to a Facility That Someone Found? Yes, they were together, but the circumstances weren't exactly happy. That neither of them was killed in some horrific manner is a very low bar to clear.

Yes.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn't Sean shot and they were taking him to a Facility That Someone Found? Yes, they were together, but the circumstances weren't exactly happy. That neither of them was killed in some horrific manner is a very low bar to clear.

Yes, that's true. They were expecting Anna by then, though, and given all the drama they had been through in the immediate years before that, I could see it largely still counting as a happy ending. It IS odd that their exit included that aspect, though, complete with Sean in a wheelchair. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, UYI said:

I'm so curious how Tiffany is going into be worked into all of this, given SW's health issues. Even an out-of-town Zoom call would be enough for me, because a tribute to JR/Sean Donely (only one n and one l, lol) would incomplete without Tiffany. 

I'm imagining something like when Lee Baldwin died - Anna Donely will come to Port Charles in her mother's stead the way Serena came to Port Charles sans Gail (I was checking and the actress, Courtney Halverson, is still working, but isn't so busy or major they probably couldn't get her) to inform Robert, Mac, et. al and they'll reminisce with her about Sean.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, UYI said:

I'm so curious how Tiffany is going into be worked into all of this, given SW's health issues. Even an out-of-town Zoom call would be enough for me, because a tribute to JR/Sean Donely (only one n and one l, lol) would incomplete without Tiffany. 

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm imagining something like when Lee Baldwin died - Anna Donely will come to Port Charles in her mother's stead (I was checking and the actress, Courtney Halverson, is still working, but isn't so busy or major they probably couldn't get her) to inform Robert, Mac, et. al and they'll reminisce with her about Sean.

Same. SW has some problems with her jaw, and I'm not sure how easy it is for her to speak. I imagine the show will be mostly clips.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, UYI said:

Just googled him and found it! Thank you, friend! How odd, I still follow him too. Something must have been wrong on Twitter when I searched for his name.

He actually posted something similar to the above and then deleted it about 24 hours before it was officially announced. Maybe the family wanted more time.

12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Not the happiest, but not terrible. I would take what they got for my ships.

Hello one and all,

The pinned moderator note at the main page of the forums regarding politics has been updated. I urge each and every one of you to read it since the repeated warnings about actors' Twitter issues and their political leanings seem to keep being forgotten here.

This is for our benefit as much as yours as no one likes being a hard ass. But as this is a recurring issue, it needed to be addressed.

So, for everyone's sake, please read the note, remember the rules, and all will be well.

Any questions, feel free to send a PM to myself, @OnceSane, and/or @thewhiteowl.

Thanks.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Don't get me wrong; I agree he looks better without the shoe polish hair. However, I do wonder if he would look like a dirty old man next to Laura Wright since she has aged so well and he has aged normally.

His shoe polish dark hair is doing him no favors. He's already looking like an old man, and just the (bad) luck of the way his aging is showing in his face is making him look older and more feeble than he actually is. 

Whether he goes for the gray or keeps the dark, I think it's necessary to accept the fact that he's no longer leading-man-of-indeterminate-age material.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

If he shaved off the beard and put a little hair dye to cover some of his grey hair, he wouldn't look that old next to Laura Wright.

Even if he just went grey at the temples and had some scattered throughout his hair, he would look better. Some men (and women) go grey earlier than others. But the jet black hair slicked back does him no favors. He’s already got deep bags under his eyes. 

• Love 1

I don't know; he was pretty grey on screen in August and he looked pretty feeble. He looks it either way. Along the lines of what @rur said, just backburner or midburner the man already. I feel vicariously weak just watching him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't think Benard looks bad for 57, although the black hair dye is too much. That isn't fooling anyone that it's still the '90s.  

But yes, the biggest problem is that the character is apparently going to be front burner until they turn out the lights, and not just front burner, but always involved in the action. It's hard to buy that a pushing-60 mob boss would be loading up his gun and going in person on dangerous missions such as the attempt to bring back Julian. That's why he has an "enforcer" and a bunch of subsidiary thugs! Goodfellas was a great movie; it wouldn't have been better if Paul Sorvino had been shown doing everything himself. (And Sorvino was younger then than Benard is now.) 

Then they have him taking down an armed robber and pummeling him, and we've been getting scenes like that one for 30 years. I had to suspend disbelief when he beat up Hannah's FBI boss, and when was that, 1999?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't think Benard looks bad for 57, although the black hair dye is too much. 

I think he looks about 5 years older at least than he is. JL, JJY, RA and WK look better and they are all the same age or older.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't think Benard looks bad for 57, although the black hair dye is too much. That isn't fooling anyone that it's still the '90s.  

He's only 57?! Wow. He looks older than my dad and he's 65 and has smoked his whole life lol.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, racked said:

Is there bad blood between Mo and Ron? I’m out of the loop on this one. 

Mo made some passive aggressive comments about Ron not being a Sonny fan and alluded to being part of the reason he was fired at some fan event 6 years ago. He’s now claiming he didn’t but there’s a still a video floating around on YT. 

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

There's just no way it was the plan from the beginning.

Seriously. No story on this fakakta show is ever planned so thoroughly from the get-go. I don't care what the HW insists. That's baloney.

I have to laugh that some viewers still don't think Nelle is Nina's daughter, though.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. No story on this fakakta show is ever planned so thoroughly from the get-go. I don't care what the HW insists. That's baloney.

IKR. This show doesn't plan anything with anything in mind. They just throw stuff at the wall, cross their fingers and see what might stick. But it's always fun to know that the writers still think their viewers are idiots.

• Love 2

Lol I don’t know why the HWs are lying about it. Perhaps it was the plan when Nelle first came on because she had scenes with MSt’s Nina but there’s no way it’s been the plan this whole time. It’s pretty clear that they had no plan for Nina’s daughter and they changed their minds on who it was multiple times. 

1 hour ago, dbklmt said:

I was just going to post about this.

Um...wow. I know he came back as another character to usher off NL's Rebecca in 2009, but Zander is very much dead, and infamously so at that (and this was during the 2000's, when Guza had no problem giving a number of characters very "real" deaths that he deliberately made difficult to retcon, especially if the character was particularly popular/beloved and not a favored member of the inner mob circle).

Still...color me intrigued. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Oh, of course. I think it was going to be Willow.

It was definitely going to be Willow. MSt. Nina hated her too much for it not to be. 

Zander was right before I started watching and I started off an occasional viewer. Was he liked/disliked? At any rate, that should give Will/Cam something to do out of Joss' orbit, so yay.

4 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

It was definitely going to be Willow. MSt. Nina hated her too much for it not to be. 

Zander was right before I started watching and I started off an occasional viewer. Was he liked/disliked? At any rate, that should give Will/Cam something to do out of Joss' orbit, so yay.

He was liked. He closed the book on Juan and Emily because of CB's chem with Amber Tamblyn. The show did him dirty when they wanted to push NL's Emily with TC's Nikolas, however CB gave the some of the best performances during his last year. It is probably why Scott Clifton lost the Young Adult Emmy during his debut, despite being so well received. Zander illustrated the huge weaknesses in JFP/Guza/Pratt regime. The over focus of favorites and dropping storylines. Zander was framed by Courtney, who was Sonny's sister (via Mike). She shot a cop in the back, but because the cop was in love with Courtney, he accused Zander and Courtney & Jason went along with it, and the other time Carly helped cover a crime after the fact. It is a big involved story that ended with Port Charles Hotel being burned down. And none of Courtney's, Jason's and Carly's involvement was never revealed. Maxie, who helped Zander, never knew that he was telling the truth. It was just dropped and Courtney got millions of dollars. 

• Love 7

I loved Chad Brannon, adored him and Amber Tamblyn's Emily and to this day I'm still infuriated they had Elizabeth sleep with him because Elizabeth would never do that to Emily! Ugh! (Of course, in my world, there is no other Emily but AT's, so there's that) I am curious what the plan is, though. He's a great actor, and William Lipton does resemble him in looks.

• Love 5

I loved Zander and was really upset when they turned him bad and had him killed (but he had a great death scene).  Maybe he'll be a ghost visiting the son he never knew.  Whatever the reason he's back, I'll watch because he was fascinating character and a really good actor.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wow, guess I'll have to check back in again soon then.

Damn it! Does that mean I actually have to, you know, watch this dreck again?! Especially since I am at the point that I have no idea who 80% of the characters are now. *Cries* (But I have always liked Chad Brannon, so...)

44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m still waiting for that tribute to John O’Reilly!!!!!

I read it isn't until sometime this spring.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

He was liked. He closed the book on Juan and Emily because of CB's chem with Amber Tamblyn. The show did him dirty when they wanted to push NL's Emily with TC's Nikolas, however CB gave the some of the best performances during his last year. It is probably why Scott Clifton lost the Young Adult Emmy during his debut, despite being so well received. Zander illustrated the huge weaknesses in JFP/Guza/Pratt regime. The over focus of favorites and dropping storylines. Zander was framed by Courtney, who was Sonny's sister (via Mike). She shot a cop in the back, but because the cop was in love with Courtney, he accused Zander and Courtney & Jason went along with it, and the other time Carly helped cover a crime after the fact. It is a big involved story that ended with Port Charles Hotel being burned down. And none of Courtney's, Jason's and Carly's involvement was never revealed. Maxie, who helped Zander, never knew that he was telling the truth. It was just dropped and Courtney got millions of dollars. 

And let us remember, despite Guza throwing Zander/CB under the bus for the yuck that was Nik/Emily, back when they still had some prestige, he won an Emmy for it, so... And I loved Zander's vibe with Alexis almost as much as I loved him with Amber Tamblyn's Emily. Of course, Nik just had to ruin that, too! (Yes, I will always be salty about that.)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, UYI said:

I was just going to post about this.

Um...wow. I know he came back as another character to usher off NL's Rebecca in 2009, but Zander is very much dead, and infamously so at that (and this was during the 2000's, when Guza had no problem giving a number of characters very "real" deaths that he deliberately made difficult to retcon, especially if the character was particularly popular/beloved and not a favored member of the inner mob circle).

Still...color me intrigued. 

Could he be coming back as 😱 Morgan? They keep mentioning Morgan's name.

• Useful 2
34 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'm still wondering what they're going to do about Tiffany for that. Sharon Wyatt isn't likely to return to the show even without COVID existing, but it would feel so wrong to not have her involved somehow--having Anna return just to talk about where she is offscreen wouldn't feel right. If she's up to it (and given that her health issues involve her jaw--it is her jaw, right?--I know she might not even be able to talk properly anymore), I would love if they could arrange even a small, outside of the studio Zoom0like appearance. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m still waiting for that tribute to John O’Reilly!!!!!

I thought that would happen when Jackie wanted to get together with Bobbie and relive old times.

47 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Because things are so happening right now. I know it probably takes some time to pull something together, but geez, Show.

• Love 1