Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, ulkis said:

In other news, JJ has teenagers and it's weird (press play):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJfKcgDhL2f/?hl=en

7 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Ha! I love how his daughter was getting super into it, while the oldest clearly wanted to be anywhere else. Little hipster Titus is a cutie. (Yes, I remember his name from when he played baby Aidan, shut up.)

HAH! The oldest was holding and looking at a tablet!🤣🤣🤣

Jonathan just needs to shave that excuse of a scrub/beard already. The right side of his face looks like it was burned off or that facial hair just refuses to grow, therefore he has the white circle patch!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

HAH! The oldest was holding and looking at a tablet!🤣🤣🤣

Jonathan just needs to shave that excuse of a scrub/beard already. The right side of his face looks like it was burned off or that facial hair just refuses to grow, therefore he has the white circle patch!

I know he thinks the scruff makes him look older (he still looks incredibly young and seeing his oldest teenager next to him blows my mind) but I think a five o’clock shadow would work better.

I know there’s zero chance of him coming back o GH especially now that they live in Ireland, and the show wouldn’t make good use of it anyway. But whenever I see him I think of how interesting it would be to see him interact with WL as Cameron. Especially if they actually let Cam be as angry as he should at Lucky for abandoning them. But alas. 

• Love 6

DeVry interview:  

I’m kind of going with the flow, to be honest. I never get too high or low about anything.

That, unfortunately, describes his on-camera style too, and it is something that dulled my interest in the character over time.  

Roger Howarth (Franco), who doesn’t do a lot of talking, said to me on the set one day: “I was shocked when I found out they’re writing Julian off. I have to say, you were not on my list of expendable actors.”

Howarth has a "list of expendable actors"? I mean, I do too, but I'm not their coworker.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

DeVry interview:  

That, unfortunately, describes his on-camera style too, and it is something that dulled my interest in the character over time.  

Howarth has a "list of expendable actors"? I mean, I do too, but I'm not their coworker.

As long as he has himself on it I guess it's okay.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

If de Vry had simply quoted Howarth as "I was shocked when I found out they’re writing Julian off," it would have been better. I think I know what Howarth meant. He's been around daytime long enough to know when cast cuts are likely, and he thought some people at GH were relatively safe and others were not. He figured Julian was on the safe list because he had a lot of character connections: a sister, three children, an ex-wife, a couple of ex-hook-ups, et cetera.  

But the way de Vry quoted him makes him sound as though he were rating the cast in how much they add, for which I have to say WdV didn't speak thoughtfully.  

I wouldn't especially miss Howarth's Franco. I like that Liz has a guy who's crazy about her and her sons, but there's a lot on the other side of the scale.

Edited by Asp Burger

On one hand, he admits himself in the article Julian was only meant to last two years and he lasted eight, which is four times as long a stint as the original Julian.  That's not a bad run for a character that's not, like, a Marlena or Sonny, you know?

But I'm sure it also must be disheartening to see things like what happened with Michael Easton, watching Frank make such an effort to get him back on the show in a new character that worked better.

But that's soaps, I guess.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

On one hand, he admits himself in the article Julian was only meant to last two years and he lasted eight, which is four times as long a stint as the original Julian.  That's not a bad run for a character that's not, like, a Marlena or Sonny, you know?

But I'm sure it also must be disheartening to see things like what happened with Michael Easton, watching Frank make such an effort to get him back on the show in a new character that worked better.

But that's soaps, I guess.

Not to mention Roger Hogworth.

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I assumed that he meant in terms of storylines. Bobbie, for example, has very little place to go at this point other than propping her mob family.

• Love 2

I saw the re-airing of yesterday's Jeopardy! earlier today (after it had been preempted) on YouTube, and the returning champion, an attorney, admitted in the interview segment that she first wanted to be a lawyer at eight years old because she watched GH with her grandmother, and there was a courtroom scene where a female lawyer was wearing a very pretty yellow suit, and she wanted to become one and wear a pretty suit like that, too.

She was younger, but she may have been old enough where that lawyer may have been Alexis--or hell, maybe even Jessica Holmes, I'm really not sure, and now it's going to bug me like crazy, lol.

Anyway, it was a cute story and I had to share it here. :) 

• Love 7

I noticed today on Twitter that JPS joked to DeVry something about just finding out Julian was dead. But then he said "I could have sworn I just saw you in the hall!" That could be an inside joke, obviously, or there could be some kind of beyond-the-grave Julian stuff coming up next month.

I got a copy of SOAP OPERA DIGEST that was their Best/Worst issue today, and can someone explain to me how GH could get more "Worsts" than all the other shows put together and still get named as "Best Show"?

• LOL 2
On 1/7/2021 at 7:54 PM, UYI said:

I saw the re-airing of yesterday's Jeopardy! earlier today (after it had been preempted) on YouTube, and the returning champion, an attorney, admitted in the interview segment that she first wanted to be a lawyer at eight years old because she watched GH with her grandmother, and there was a courtroom scene where a female lawyer was wearing a very pretty yellow suit, and she wanted to become one and wear a pretty suit like that, too.

She was younger, but she may have been old enough where that lawyer may have been Alexis--or hell, maybe even Jessica Holmes, I'm really not sure, and now it's going to bug me like crazy, lol.

Anyway, it was a cute story and I had to share it here. 🙂

Could've been Dara Jensen

• Useful 1
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I would like to unsubscribe to 2021.

Maybe this is stupid of me, but the older I get (I'll be 32 next month, so on second thought, maybe I should hold off on saying that, the more I refuse to let a year define me. Each day is different, and I'm a believer in taking things one day at a time. Don't give up hope! :)

(Yes, I know, I'm not grumpy/snarky enough for this place and I never have been; I had to accept that a long time ago, lol. In all seriousness, though, I hope you guys are okay, but I don't want to be too annoyingly positive, hence why I don't always post so much here now.)

That said, I AM sad that this means we'll never get Sean & Tiffany on the show together again--their departure in 1995 was the last time they were ever on GH together, with their Night Shift appearance being the last time we saw them together period--and weirdly enough, I JUST watched that this morning! How eerie!

I do like that, after all they went through from 1992-1993, Sean & Tiff got to leave town together and expecting Anna; they at least got their HEA. I don't know if they would be considered a supercouple or not, but if they were, they would definitely round out the top 5 of the 80's (Luke & Laura, Robert & Holly, Frisco & Felicia, Duke & Anna, and then them).

RIP, John. :'( 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

A guy I once dated said I seemed "relentlessly cheerful," so optimism is my default mode, heh. But wow, 2021 started off as a dumpster fire.

Like I said, I feel like I just keep looking for hope, and trying to the hopeful one in everything. I wish I could commiserate more and try to fit in with everyone else, but it's just not me. Sorry! :)

On topic (sort of):

How is Sharon Wyatt doing? Her health issues have kept her away from GH all these years, even when JR/Sean came back in 2013. Does anyone here know? 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh no!  I knew him more as Bill Taylor on "Beverly Hills, 90210" (his contribution to my favorite soap moment ever - Kelly using her deadbeat dad's check to do a line of coke - will never be forgotten), but aw, Sean Donely!

I hope they are able to acknowledge him on-screen.  Is the actress who played Tiffany still with us?

Sharon Wyatt is still alive, but she's been dealing with health issues for about a decade now, hence why she hasn't been back in recent years (she appeared on Night Shift with JR in 2008, but her last official GH appearance was when Sean & Tiffany left for Boston in 1995). 

As far as I know, SW isn't on social media, but I did see this on Twitter. Whether or not the real Sharon is connected to this somehow (through a fan club or something like that), I have no idea--it seems like it is, though.

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Thanks, probably unlikely then, especially with the COVID of it all.

But you've got Robert, Felicia, Mac, and Anna around.  Even Lucas (who?) if they remember Sean was married to his aunt.  And hey, it could open the door for their daughter to appear, Serena style.

Edited by TeeVee329

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Thanks, probably unlikely then, especially with the COVID of it all.

But you've got Anna, Robert, Mac, and Felicia around.  Even Lucas (who?) if they remember Sean was married to his aunt.  And hey, it could open the door for their daughter to appear, Serena style.

There are clips of Lucas/related to Lucas with Sean & Tiffany on YouTube if you want me to post any of them here! Back in the days before Lucas was a "who?" ;)

(Seriously, though, it's crazy that he was more important to this show as a baby/toddler than he's EVER been as an adult; the custody trial for him alone didn't make him a "who?" back then.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Winston Wolfe said:

A friend joked two days ago that 2021 is 2020 wearing a wig as a disguise.

Groucho glasses. I see you, 2021.

Wyatt has bone issues; she thinks because she took Fosamax, ironically an osteoporosis drug. She is not in good shape, sadly.

1 hour ago, UYI said:
(Seriously, though, it's crazy that he [Lucas] was more important to this show as a baby/toddler than he's EVER been as an adult

And we know why. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329

Sorry to hear about John Reilly. Great actor; nice guy. Had the pleasure of running into him in Grand Central Terminal in NYC when he was appearing on “As The World Turns”. Fun fact: he played Meg Ryan’s (Betsy) father, Dan Stewart.

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, UYI said:

(Yes, I know, I'm not grumpy/snarky enough for this place and I never have been; I had to accept that a long time ago, lol. In all seriousness, though, I hope you guys are okay, but I don't want to be too annoyingly positive, hence why I don't always post so much here now.)

UYI, who has chastised you for being cheerful? I can't think of ANY one who posts here who doesn't have off the cuff opinion or two. And every time you say this I get anxious wondering if I've been a (more than usual, anyway) grumpy asshole to someone.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

UYI, who has chastised you for being cheerful? I can't think of ANY one who posts here who doesn't have off the cuff opinion or two. And every time you say this I get anxious wondering if I've been a (more than usual, anyway) grumpy asshole to someone.

I don't think anyone has specifically, really. It's just me being on alert when the snark level is up due to certain show news it's not something that brings my snark level up, I guess, or if I get too excited about sharing something. My issue alone, totally in my own damn stupid overly anxious head. And it's certainly not you, you're totally fine! :)

(And again, a lot of it now comes from my relative lack of 2020/2021 worst year ever/this is already down the tubes talk; I tend to be a realistic optimist--aware of serious things, but always looking towards tomorrow.)

Topic:

Sharon Wyatt's fan-run Twitter page has been retweeting reactions to John Reilly's death since yesterday, which is where I've been getting condolences from his GH co-stars. Two people whose reactions I have yet to see are Emma Samms and Tristan Rogers--is TR even on Twitter anymore? He was for a very long time, but I looked up his account yesterday and it was gone. 

Edited by UYI
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Tristan posted his condolences last night.

Just googled him and found it! Thank you, friend! How odd, I still follow him too. Something must have been wrong on Twitter when I searched for his name.

22 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So sad to hear about the passing of John Reilly. Sean Donnelly was a larger than life character. May he RIP.  😞

Even more than Robert and Anna, JR's Sean Donnelly really was the definition of a "super-spy." He helped make GH a lot of fun in the 80s and 90s. He had some less-than-admirable moments (being rejected by Felicia being one, and being accidentally shot by Luke another) but Sean kept things interesting whenever he showed up. I remember his affair with Monica, short but sparkly. And the Aztec Treasure adventure was always one of my favorite GH action S/Ls. 

• Love 5

Weren't he and Sharon Wyatt ultimately fired from GH when they left the show in 1995? I know the Donelys barely had any story after the custody for Lucas/Sean's affair with Jessica/Tiffany miscarries their baby and attempts suicide storyline, and I swear they wound up being let go in the end. 

Edited by UYI
44 minutes ago, UYI said:

Weren't he and Sharon Wyatt ultimately fired from GH when they left the show in 1995? I know the Donelys barely had any story after the custody for Lucas/Sean's affair with Jessica/Tiffany miscarries their baby and attempts suicide storyline, and I swear they wound up being let go in the end. 

There seemed to be a bit of a purge around that time, which is a shame  because I loved Sean Donnely as the Commissioner. I think it happened around the beginning of the Wendy Riche/Claire Labine era. Scotty also left. At least the characters that got purged got the  happy (or somewhat happy) endings they deserved. Unlike when FV/RC came onboard when Spinelli got a baby and a cute girlfriend and Dr.Matt Hunter and Dr. Steven Webber went to jail for homicide. 

44 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

There seemed to be a bit of a purge around that time, which is a shame  because I loved Sean Donnely as the Commissioner. I think it happened around the beginning of the Wendy Riche/Claire Labine era. Scotty also left. At least the characters that got purged got the  happy (or somewhat happy) endings they deserved. Unlike when FV/RC came onboard when Spinelli got a baby and a cute girlfriend and Dr.Matt Hunter and Dr. Steven Webber went to jail for homicide. 

That's one silver lining to hang onto, despite S&T never coming back together: They at least left together and happy, and stayed that way. Given how many couples this show and other soaps have that can't say that (my all time favorite couple included--no, I'm not bitter), I'm glad that never changed. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, UYI said:

They at least left together and happy

Wasn't Sean shot and they were taking him to a Facility That Someone Found? Yes, they were together, but the circumstances weren't exactly happy. That neither of them was killed in some horrific manner is a very low bar to clear.

• Love 1