Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, nilyank said:

Mine way was simple and based on character history.

Georgie was taken by Ryan as mean of revenge on Mac and Felicia. He watched as Diego strangled Georgie but performed CPR to save her and then gave her a death like serum from the DVX who were happy to acquire the biological child of WSB agent Frisco Jones.

Emily is even simpler. Helena. She didn't want her to marry Nikolas but she found out that Emily was pregnant. Rather than the stupid nonsense of Lulu last egg/Stavros/Valentin, Charlotte would have been Nikolas/Emily's child.

We were essentially talking about the same thing, minus Ryan. Both women were valuable to the bad guys as assets against the Quartermaines or WSB agents. Both also, like Robin, had potential medical/research expertise.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, UYI said:

Hell, I'd bring Alan back if Stuart Damon was up to it (and, you know, we weren't in a pandemic where he was in the most vulnerable age group of all--and I know he's had health issues the last several years, too; in more recent pictures I've seen of him, he looked ALARMINGLY skinny to me).

To their credit Ron and Frank wanted to bring Stuart back as Alan alive in '12, I believe, when they thought the show was going off the air. I believe the idea was that Robin would find Alan and also Victor Lord Jr. from OLTL secreted away and imprisoned with her by the bad guys. Maybe others, who knows. I know future plans for using him more were abandoned because of Stuart's health.

• Useful 2
19 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

@ByaNose So was Ryan Caries let go, or did he leave on his own and the show decided to take Lucas is a "different direction" casting wise?

I haven’t heard either way. Either he wasn’t available, didn’t want to come back or they wanted to recast the character altogether. 

I don't know whether it was Carnes's idea or production's, but I do know there were internet rumors at the beginning of this year that Carnes was on the way out, and that Lucas would come out of his post-car-accident coma with a different face (either as part of the storyline or not). Maybe this has been on the way for a while. 

As it happened, Carnes stuck around for most of the COVID-disrupted year but was back-burnered so severely that he was falling behind the stove. Pretty much all I remember for Lucas after the Wiley parentage realignment and the goodbye scene with Brad was the one day he was snapping at coworkers and acting so unlike himself, and everyone was whispering about it. No followup on that.

Edited by Asp Burger

Anyone want to feel a bucket full of second hand embarrassment this holiday season? Well Steve Burton and Bradford Anderson are here to help you free of charge!

(Although BA has a nice voice.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Brianna Henry (Jordan) is recovering from COVID. Maybe now the show will actually start thinking about social distancing?

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ghs-briana-nicole-henry-recovering-from-covid/?fbclid=IwAR2rHui8RXOhiGTYiMixAbTRAhood39ziGhfuSJXIaTrGCX_WqSmDAnzz6E

We also have the temporary recast of Taggert coming, which I wouldn't be surprised if revealed was also COVID-related.

Edited by TeeVee329
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If two people on set caught it, I would be freaking out if I were an older actor or health compromised working there.

Isn't the protocol to shut down production for 2 weeks if someone on set has it? That's what Days did a few weeks ago. I would hope they're filming in blocks, and actors have to quarantine for two weeks leading up to their first day of filming, but GH seems to be pretty loose on their restrictions.

Edited by absnow54

I’m still think it’s amazing what GH, Y&R and DOOL are putting on the screen compared to B&B. Maybe, it’s easier for B&B since it’s a half hour show with less actors but those actors are more then 6 feet apart in a scene. Heck! They are practically in a different zip code compared to the other soaps. All the other soaps are touching, hugging & kissing to different degrees compared to B&B. Today I saw Rena Sofer hug either a dummy or someone she knows dressed up and wearing a wig as John McCook. So, does Brianna have to be temporarily replaced as Jordan? She’s pretty heavy in story.

• Love 1
On 12/11/2020 at 12:29 AM, ByaNose said:

I’m still think it’s amazing what GH, Y&R and DOOL are putting on the screen compared to B&B.

I admit, I tune into B&B every so often for a good laugh. I mean it's great that they're taking COVID protocols seriously, but the tight framing and stand ins for kissing looks like those YouTube fan videos for couples that were never actually canon. 

• LOL 3

DeVry isn't holding back. When a fan said said she had skipped the last two episodes, he said he didn't blame her, and that it was "painful." I don't think he meant in a "harrowing greatness" way, either.  

https://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/news/587382/general-hospital-william-devry-criticizes-julian-death-christmas/

In cheerier cast news, Anderson and Burton had Marcus Coloma back earlier this month for a "seven questions" video. The clip is easily found on YouTube. Their questions could have been better (since he plays a prince, they ask things like "Who's your favorite Disney prince?"), and Bradford's microphone is way too loud, but MC's likable personality makes it decently enjoyable. At one point, he's talking about watching a lot of old Nikolas clips to get a sense of the character's history (but not trying to do a TC impersonation), and he says, completely without shade, something like "I watched some really old clips. Steve, you must have been about 25 in some of them."

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

DeVry isn't holding back. When a fan said said she had skipped the last two episodes, he said he didn't blame her, and that it was "painful." I don't think he meant in a "harrowing greatness" way, either.  

I don't know why they didn't just have Julian scuttle out of town. There's no one in PC to grieve his death, which is pathetic and really undercuts the death in the first place. If no one on the show cares he's gone, why should we? Ava will probably shed a few tears, but she was pretty angry with him for setting the bomb, so I can see she might have mixed emotions. But she's the only one who would care, and given how she's treated by the citizens of PC, it's not exactly setting up a great loss.

DeVry whining about Julian's death being on the anniversary of his (DeVry's) dad's death is a bit much. Get a grip.

• Love 2

Can you blame her? As usual, the writers pile on the problems for Alexis and don't dig into why she might be drinking. Neil dying of a drug overdose in her bed shouldn't have been the only trigger. And that's basically been forgotten anyway, and Alexis is now the town drunk who isn't even going around dropping truth bombs. Isn't that the point of being drunk?

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Can you blame her? As usual, the writers pile on the problems for Alexis and don't dig into why she might be drinking. Neil dying of a drug overdose in her bed shouldn't have been the only trigger. And that's basically been forgotten anyway, and Alexis is now the town drunk who isn't even going around dropping truth bombs. Isn't that the point of being drunk?

She keeps trying to drop truth bombs (or other people like Tracy and Molly think she is), but she's prevented from doing so, if that was her intention. I want my Awesome Alexis back.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Interesting. She doesn't sound very enthusiastic about her present storyline. She sounded very gung-ho about the osteoporosis a few months ago, though.

NLG.png

Indeed she doesn’t.  Credit to her even more then for bringing it as opposed to phoning it in, particularly when she has to bring all the energy to a scene.  I’ve really enjoyed her chemistry with JPS.

That’s a really bad photo of MB that the producers (or their social media intern) posted.  He posted a casual shot during the summer when he was all gray and looked better than he does on the show.

• Love 2
On 12/24/2020 at 7:38 AM, dubbel zout said:

I’m still hoping Neil isn’t dead. I miss him. Wishful thinking on my part.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sutton looks like he's in a hair salon, LOL.

He also has got the Alfalfa thing going!

That said, I loved the interview! And Kimberly called it with Michael being “Benjamin Buttoned”😂

But I had to 🙄😒😒😒 at the tongue bath given to Maurice. At a time when there were more talented big hitters on the show at the time. But of course it was all about Mooby-that was the beginning of the end.

• Love 1

This was probably posted about last year but I saw it again today, so for those of you here who don't know, Carly Schroeder (Serena) is now a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army! WOW! 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, UYI said:

This was probably posted about last year but I saw it again today, so for those of you here who don't know, Carly Schroeder (Serena) is now a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army! WOW! 

Thats great! I like her as an actress and all, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if she decided to forgo entertainment.

• Love 1

Multiple-choice fun:  

"I think that once we saw the chemistry between the two actors, we knew we had gold. So, we wanted to take our time, especially the way that it was constructed." 

Is Chris Van Etten talking about: (A) Chad Duell and Katelyn MacMullen, (B) Steve Burton and Kelly Thiebaud, (C) Marcus Coloma and Maura West. or (D) Johnny Wactor and Sofia Mattsson? 

Answer within. An end-of-2020 interview with the two current HWs.

https://michaelfairmantv.com/gh-co-head-writers-chris-van-etten-and-dan-o-connor-interview-soapmakers-of-the-year-honors-2020/2020/12/29/

When did Dan O'Connor become a co-HW?

you have a show that is only approximately 35 minutes of airtime on any day, it’s a real balancing act to make sure that everybody gets a story that really is worthy of their talents

So why are 28 of those minutes usually devoted to Sonny? I'm certainly not missing him these days. It's a relief, in fact, even if we still have to hear his name mentioned all the time.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

they're a lot less back pat-y than past luminaries like Frank, Ron, Jean, and Shelly.

That was refreshing, and I like that they acknowledged the talent in the cast. A lot of that talent is grievously mis- and underused, but at least they know what they have.

I've noticed that since they've taken over, we're more likely to get deep-dives into history that are surprising and interesting. Laura's past with the Greys, obviously. Jackie Templeton. Taggert's return, with even some mentions of Gia. And the facts generally line up if you're a long-time viewer.

It's been better use of history than, you know, "Kiefer had a sister, and now she's Alexis's trainer and she's poisoning her." That one was when Shelly was still the senior HW, although I have no idea whether Kendra was her brainstorm or CVE's.

• Love 4

I've always liked CVE's online persona and he seems like a smart cookie, as does O'Connor - or I can't remember which I'm thinking of, tbh lol. I believe CVE is the one who wrote YA books. I think they could do better work out from under the thumb of Frank and the network, but at this point that's not enough of an excuse for a lot of the storytelling. I've seen it improve in spurts, but I still find 60-80% of the cast and stories forgettable any time I watch.