Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)

Uhg. JL deserved it and MBs ego didn't need this. Verne was barely on I'm guessing the vote was just across the board for the topic of the storyline? Max Gail did deserve it. I'm guessing HE won for the #metoo story? Topical stories will politic you to awards now? Unless you're Steffy on B&B who probably won via voters amazement she can talk through all the lip fillers. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

Uhg. JL deserved it and MBs ego didn't need this. Verne was barely on I'm guessing the vote was just across the board for the topic of the storyline? Max Gail did deserve it. I'm guessing HE won for the #metoo story? Topical stories will politic you to awards now? Unless you're Steffy on B&B who probably won via voters amazement she can talk through all the lip fillers. 

Basically the story won the awards and they didn’t even submit it for best show.

• Love 1

JL really deserved to win. MB just mumbles & stammers. I can't with him. He could barely walk up the steps to get his award. Maybe, the man who helps the ladies should have helped him, too. MW was robbed. Granted, it was a little OTT but out of the ladies she was the best. JMW is a joke. The fact that she even made the list is crazy but to win is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno how much of a friend of Frank's she is, she's not from OLTL and she did get axed to free up money for others.

Yet she’s back. Frank doesn’t just bring anyone back to this show. The dude also axed Easton 8 times. 

I'm kinda okay with Rebecca Budig coming back. Anything that gives Anna a break from Michael Easton's drag of a character. Let him play "happy family" with what's her face and their spawn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I'm kinda okay because this is a danging thread to be snipped - the audience knowing Rebecca Budig was out there pregnant with Dr. Michael Easton's baby.  I really just hope it's a visit, though.

On the other hand, if we're bringing back brunettes who have snippy relationships with Liz, where is my Britta!?!?!

• Love 5

I love Rebecca Budig and I was pissed off when they axed her, so I'm thrilled. Not happy that she's saddled with lame ass Finn, but at least I'll get her Cupcake scenes with Curtis again and maybe some more development between her and Liz. She definitely needs a hotter love interest though. There won't ever be one better than her and Josh Duhamel IMO.

As far as a baby, meh. It won't be running around, but we certainly don't need another. I'm behind again, did Carly lose hers yet? Push her down the damn stairs already.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Who is it we're thinking Finn and Hayden Rebecca Budig and/or their kid might be related to? I mean, I know Hayden is a Webber but still.

Edited by jsbt

I'm super happy Rbu is back, and I hope it's long term. I don't think it means much for Fanna, I think she'll be there more as a prop for the relationship at first and then hopefully move her on. The writers seem to like Fanna...the couple is their baby. Speaking of babies I can't see them hiring a toddler to play Fayden's kid long term, so either she will be thankfully unsaddled with the kid or her visit will be short term.

• Love 3

Yay Hayden! I liked her. I thought she and Finn made a fine couple, better than Finn and Anna.

Maybe it will be revealed that she’s Psychiatrist’s sister and that’s who he lost to DoD (the reason for her absence). Or maybe she’ll show up with half a heart necklace around her throat because she’s really Nina’s daughter. Just kidding. I’m just glad she’s back.

6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

On the other hand, if we're bringing back brunettes who have snippy relationships with Liz, where is my Britta!?!?!

I second that rehire, too!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

There won't ever be one better than her and Josh Duhamel IMO.

9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Facts.

She and J. Eddie Peck's Jake say hi. LOL

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, UYI said:

She and J. Eddie Peck's Jake say hi. LOL

Blasphemy! 😋  I'd say between both shows, he goes somewhere in the middle because he's milquetoast:

- Josh

- Tyler

- Donnell

- Vincent

- J. Eddie Peck

- Other assorted AMC pairings I didn't watch (Aidan, etc.)

- Finn

- That one who ruined Greenlee

Edited by tvgoddess
Tried to edit the spacing, but it wouldn't let me. Just know that there was a lot of space between Leo and Tyler, and a lot before Finn and then even more before the last one.

I agree with UYI. Greenleo was mostly built on the strength of their writing and that the characters were snarky schemers. Jake was milquetoast in general but he and Greenlee had a lot of chemistry, imo.

Anyhoo. Hayden. Meh. Can she snark at Franco at least I guess?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I agree with UYI. Greenleo was mostly built on the strength of their writing and that the characters were snarky schemers. 

Eh, I don’t quite agree with this argument in general. It’s almost like saying any two actors could have played Leo and Greenlee and they’d be popular. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Eh, I don’t quite agree with this argument in general. It’s almost like saying any two actors could have played Leo and Greenlee and they’d be popular. 

Well I do think another person could have played Greenlee. Not anyone, but someone. But I didn't mean to imply that. I think people can act well together and not have that much romantic chemistry. Otherwise terrible actors wouldn't have chemistry ever (like CamMat had with Esta TerBlanche and Minshew).

• Love 2
(edited)

It's worth mentioning that both Greenlee and Leo were intended as spoilers to the planned root-for couple Agnes Nixon had created (although she and the HW team created all four): Scott Chandler and Becca Tyree. Scott and Becca failed to launch, but Leo and Greenlee took off with fans - together. It was not planned. Anyway, I used to watch General Hospital

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8
(edited)
16 minutes ago, jsbt said:

It's worth mentioning that both Greenlee and Leo were intended as spoilers to the planned root-for couple Agnes Nixon had created (although she and the HW team created all four): Scott Chandler and Becca Tyree. Scott and Becca failed to launch, but Leo and Greenlee took off with fans - together. It was not planned. Anyway, I used to watch General Hospital

I'll take it to off-topic.

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/1889-small-talk-7th-floor-nurses-station/?page=25&tab=comments#comment-5279089

Edited by ulkis
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Well I do think another person could have played Greenlee. Not anyone, but someone. But I didn't mean to imply that. I think people can act well together and not have that much romantic chemistry. Otherwise terrible actors wouldn't have chemistry ever (like CamMat had with Esta TerBlanche and Minshew).

And technically, for awhile, someone else DID play Greenlee. 😛

Oh, the Real Greenlee debacle, we hardly knew ye.

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Anyway, I used to watch General Hospital

Same. Sigh. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, it's not like she has to worry into running into Bryan anymore, sooo....

😄 

• Love 1
On 5/8/2019 at 11:34 PM, tvgoddess said:

As far as a baby, meh. It won't be running around, but we certainly don't need another. I'm behind again, did Carly lose hers yet? Push her down the damn stairs already.

Now I have that scene from Friends in my head where the group was watching a Spanish soap opera and chanting, "Push her down the stairs!", then cheering when she was.  😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 5/8/2019 at 9:29 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I'm kinda okay with Rebecca Budig coming back. Anything that gives Anna a break from Michael Easton's drag of a character. Let him play "happy family" with what's her face and their spawn.

I feel the opposite.  They have turned Anna into a whining, crying, bore.  I liked Easton much better with Haydon.  I actually yelled out SHUT UP ANNA one day this week and ff'd past her constant whining.

• Love 3

Yeah, I’m over seeing Anna crying all of the time. I know she’s a woman but also an undercover agent who has worked all over the world in dangerous situations with dangerous people. Who is this woman now? Please give her a plot/role/something or let her go. Get along with this kidney transplant story, the Ryan story so Kevin and Laura can start living their lives together, give Wiley back to Michael and let the inevitable miscarriage happen to Carly. Oh, and wrap up this cult thing with Shiloh. Time to move on to some interesting stories, writers, because we’re tired to death of these.

• Love 2

I'm glad Hayden is coming back, I really hate the way they left us hanging with that crap.  I liked her with Finn, and I really kinda... hate him with Anna anymore.  I'm over it, done.  I'm actually happy Finola is going on vacation so I get a break from them.  And I USED to actually like them!!

Also, RB is my second favorite Michelle Bauer from GL.  

Man... GL alum are just taking GH over at this point, aren't they?  

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:16 AM, ouinason said:

I'm glad Hayden is coming back, I really hate the way they left us hanging with that crap.  I liked her with Finn, and I really kinda... hate him with Anna anymore.  I'm over it, done.  I'm actually happy Finola is going on vacation so I get a break from them.  And I USED to actually like them!!

Also, RB is my second favorite Michelle Bauer from GL.  

Man... GL alum are just taking GH over at this point, aren't they?  

Now, we just need Robert Newman or Grant Alexander on the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Varni gets his ass kissed on his birthday.  Are these two looking out for their job or do they actually believe this man has done something good for GH? 

I mean the epically bad story telling since he came on board.  The terrible hirings.  The multiple BTS issues.  

This man has also been caught in numerous lies against his actors.  Once direct messaging Becky's fans and telling them they've done what they could and it's take it or leave it for Becky, something really rude and unprofessional during her contract talks.  Then he told another fan four months before Burton was hired that they had no use in bringing Burton back.  Also claimed that Billy's "layered acting" would bring a different dimension to Jason.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

I don't know if them kissing ass helps out their jobs, so maybe they just like him.

I think it's interesting that Maura West put in "optimistic" in her post though.

• Love 1

I don't know if anyone has seen the latest cover of SID, but you all should. I was in a store check-out line, and I saw that SID is promoting Jasam in June re: "take the plunge?" I started laughing to myself, because in the photo of both actors looking straight (at the camera) out from the cover, Monaco's expression can be interpreted as: "I really want to punch you right now."  I totally believe they are so much in love, Show.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I don’t want to totally go off, so people go, “Wow.  Nina’s totally different,” but of course, I want to make it my own.  Again, I’m an actor who likes to use all of the tools.  I like it all … the funny, the not so funny, the playful, and the crazy.”

no, go ahead, make the audience say she's totally different!

https://michaelfairmantv.com/ghs-cynthia-watros-talks-on-taking-over-the-role-of-nina-ingo-rademacher-dishes-jaxs-new-love-interest/2019/06/03/

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't know if anyone has seen the latest cover of SID, but you all should. I was in a store check-out line, and I saw that SID is promoting Jasam in June re: "take the plunge?" I started laughing to myself, because in the photo of both actors looking straight (at the camera) out from the cover, Monaco's expression can be interpreted as: "I really want to punch you right now."  I totally believe they are so much in love, Show.  

That photo is 10 years old. 

Edited by Hater

the two demonstrated an instant attraction to each other

They did? I can't imagine Jax wanting to get involved with Nina and all of her ish, even if it's to screw Valentin. He should be done with shouty women.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They did? I can't imagine Jax wanting to get involved with Nina and all of her ish, even if it's to screw Valentin. He should be done with shouty women.

Jax is drawn to women who will provide him the most headaches in his life. The only uncomplicated female he was involved with was Chloe and he left her because he saw the specter of Brenda.