Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, jsbt said:

I love Melissa, but no, no, no. She's also too young. Nina has no reason to exist.

I agree but with characters like Valerie getting recasted when she has zero story versus Nina who has plenty of things going on...it seems unlikely.

He also probably hates that MS decided to tell GH see ya and went back to YR.  He'll need to let her know that he doesn't care and she can be replaced.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/30/2019 at 8:18 PM, Hater said:

If I'm Jason Thompson I'm worried now.  I see a flip flop happening in the summer.  SamTrick 2.0?  😉

What Jason Thompson should be worried about is that after Y&R bounces his untalented ass, GH may well not be there to pick up the pieces.  He had his chance to be a leading man on GH, and he thoroughly and conclusively blew it (because without KMc to carry him along, he sucks).  Not to mention, the only way GH could possibly bring him back in a leading capacity is to completely trash his character six ways from Sunday.  What excuse could the writers possibly come up with for splitting up Patrick and Robin (you know, his loving wife who, last time we saw her, had just given birth to their second child) that doesn't make him look like a complete asshole?  About the only way I could see it working is if the split was completely Patrick's fault - he couldn't stop running around on Robin - and he was coming back to Port Charles after being disgraced, divorced, and his life ruined due to his own actions, to try and start over.  But even then the writing would naturally tilt towards Patrick's POV because he would be returning as a regularly appearing character.  And the Scrubs fans would absolutely hate it, and the Scrubs fans have clout.

On 3/31/2019 at 3:37 AM, avocadohead said:

I don't see FV hiring JT again. Patrick is pointless without Robin. JT was given 4 years to prove that he can be a leading man, and he failed.

Then he went over to Y&R and failed even harder.  The man can't carry a pairing.  This has been proven three times over already.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ladybyrd said:

Alicia Minshew comes to mind (it would be a de-SORAS, but that's par for the course.) Alternatively, maybe Cady McClain.

I really would get a kick out of it if they just used Gina, though. GH and Y&R have basically been in a pissy swapping match for years. They could make it official.

I could see AM but I think she’s on the east coast now but could commute like everyone does.

22 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I wonder if they do replace MS what name actress would fill the role? Kassie DePavia would have been good but she's taken. I need someone tall, thin & in their 50's like MS & KDeP. Any suggestions?

This is the stan in me coming out, but I miss Fiona Hutchison enough that I could overlook the fact that she has a British accent and no red hair.  OTOH, MSt will be 54 later this year, while FH will be 59 next month (for that matter, KDP just turned 58), so while they're all technically in their 50's, the range varies a bit. 

(And I wasn't too serious about Fiona, anyway, aside from how much I miss her--and I think she may be retired from acting now anyway, at least on television--as opposed to local theater--and she hasn't been active on social media since 2012.)

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, UYI said:

This is the stan in me coming out, but I miss Fiona Hutchison enough that I could overlook the fact that she has a British accent and no red hair.  OTOH, MSt will be 54 later this year, while FH will be 59 next month (for that matter, KDP just turned 58), so while they're all technically in their 50's, the range varies a bit. 

(And I wasn't too serious about Fiona, anyway, aside from how much I miss her--and I think she may be retired from acting now anyway, at least on television--as opposed to local theater--and she hasn't been active on social media since 2012.)

Kelley Menighan (no longer) Hensley needs work. She's in her 50's but I'm not sure about the height part. Boy! Being a casting director must be hard work. LOL!!!

• Love 1

If the wild rumor about Cady McClain is true, oof. Cady can be a great actress with versatile material (many years at AMC, her early run at ATWT) and I adore her, but when the material or character is bad it is a nightmare. Her brief Y&R run replacing Cynthia Watros as a Nina-esque psycho was unwatchable.

• Love 2
Just now, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

If that (hiring Cady McClain) happened, would Nina dump Valentin and start making eyes at Kevin?

Oof. I can see the show twisting themselves into pretzels to try to get Kevin and Nina in scenes together when they've rarely spoken before now (much like Kevin/Ava, go figure), but on the other hand, Carly and Peter haven't had a scene despite their real-life relationship, have they?

54 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Carly and Peter haven't had a scene despite their real-life relationship, have they?

Carly scolded/snarled at Peter for something a few weeks ago, and that felt like it was shoehorned in because of the actors in RL. Anyone could have told Peter whatever Carly belched at him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This genre doesn’t care about quality. They don’t care about finding the right actors for roles. They’ve become a pool of recycling past soap actors, keeping their friends employed. That’s about it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Carly and Peter haven't had a scene despite their real-life relationship, have they?

This is a past example, but when Bryan Craig and Kelly Thiebaud were on the show/still dating, they only had one scene together, and it was on the phone (and they most likely taped their scenes separately). 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

This genre doesn’t care about quality. They don’t care about finding the right actors for roles. They’ve become a pool of recycling past soap actors, keeping their friends employed. That’s about it.

That might be a little cynical... I think it's a combination of a few factors. Yes, they're always hoping that a soap actor will draw in fans from a departed soap, but they also know soap actors can hit the ground running in a way newbies sometimes can't. And with so many cancelled soaps, there's just a big talent pool of out of work actors to draw from. 

I would actually say most of the "recycled" soap actors of the last few years have been good hires. Maura West, Michael Easton, Billy Miller, Elizabeth Hendrickson... the writing may not always come through, but I think these are all good actors and decent casting. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

That might be a little cynical... I think it's a combination of a few factors. Yes, they're always hoping that a soap actor will draw in fans from a departed soap, but they also know soap actors can hit the ground running in a way newbies sometimes can't. And with so many cancelled soaps, there's just a big talent pool of out of work actors to draw from. 

Plus, I imagine the reality is that a lot of actors who have never been on a soap might not be willing to audition for one, due to the fact that no one has ANY idea how much longer any of them will last. They may not think it's worth it, especially if they're a younger actor or actress. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

Maura West, Michael Easton, Billy Miller, Elizabeth Hendrickson... the writing may not always come through, but I think these are all good actors and decent casting. 

I completely disagree, lol. And it’s not being cynical. Just a difference of opinion.

I'd vouch for James DePaiva on this show, but I realize how many pitchforks would be coming in my direction so that's all I'll say about that. 😉 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, UYI said:

I'd vouch for James DePaiva on this show, but I realize how many pitchforks would be coming in my direction so that's all I'll say about that. 😉 

Ugh, breaks my heart that had to go the way it did. One of the best soap leading men of all time. 

I don't s'pose there's any way Dr. Bensch had a non-creepy brother?

• Love 2

Ever since Brad swapped babies with Nelle on GENERAL HOSPITAL, fans have been desperately awaiting the day that the truth finally comes out and Michael is given back the son he believed he’d lost.

Not this fan, ha! Michael does not need a son.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ever since Brad swapped babies with Nelle on GENERAL HOSPITAL, fans have been desperately awaiting the day that the truth finally comes out and Michael is given back the son he believed he’d lost.

Word.  He's creepy enough thinking Wiley is his godson.  

• Love 6

Part of the creepiness is because Michael thinks he lost his son, and that's sort of understandable, but I don't have too much confidence that once Wiley is returned he'll be a relaxed parent. Michael doesn't need a son because this show has no idea what to do with children once the custody battle/baby switch/grave illness/insert drama here is resolved. They disappear to Monica's house for a few years or we get stuck with wooden kid actors like Rocco. (Sorry!) NOTHING new is ever written for them. 

Plus, Michael hasn't earned a baby. His relationship with Nelle was so stupid from the get-go. I'm glad she bamboozled him, frankly. That doesn't happen enough to the Corinthii.

• Love 10

Although I would feel sorry for the character of Brad who would always be worrying that someone would find out the truth, I think the idea of "Will Michael find out?" is a better long-term plot device than him actually getting a kid. There's potential for a lot of near-misses that would create traditional soapy goodness. And considering the quickness with which Sam said  yesterday that she'd dump the kids at Monica's, there's little doubt that the same thing would happen to babyWhose.

• Love 3
(edited)

I agree, the soapiest thing to do would be to let this go for 10 to 15 years before the secret comes out.  If it comes out in the near-term, so what?  The baby won't remember anything.  Brad and Lucas are never on so its not like we'll see consequences for them and certainly not long term.  As other's have said, Michael will dump the baby with the unseen nanny.  And it's not like Michael is in a relationship with one woman while tied to another woman by a baby.  Nelle's not around to throw a kink into Micheal's relationship by using the baby.  Other than Brad and Lucas losing a baby and perhaps breaking up (which we wouldn't see much of), nothing will change so what's the point? He was interesting when he had custody of Avery but that's because I enjoyed him sticking it to Sonny.  There is nothing at stake here.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, rur said:

Although I would feel sorry for the character of Brad who would always be worrying that someone would find out the truth, I think the idea of "Will Michael find out?" is a better long-term plot device than him actually getting a kid. There's potential for a lot of near-misses that would create traditional soapy goodness. And considering the quickness with which Sam said  yesterday that she'd dump the kids at Monica's, there's little doubt that the same thing would happen to babyWhose.

No way Carly and Sonny would let their grandchild be in the Quartermaine menage. They'd grab him up faster than you can say "Baby Avery".

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Are we sure this isn't a tour about Jason and Carly's friendship?

The Actress Who Plays My Main Love Interest Wants Nothing To Do With Me Tour

Edited by HeatLifer
  • LOL 13
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Are we sure this isn't a tour about Jason and Carly's friendship?

Does it make a difference?

I don't know what the heck these two could have to talk about at this point, unless people are paying extra for gossip.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Does it make a difference?

I don't know what the heck these two could have to talk about at this point, unless people are paying extra for gossip.

I love Steve’s newfound obsession with LW/Carly upon this return.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Bingo and I bet all Burton thinks about is how much money he can line his pockets with if he could get Monaco to budge and do an event with him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I wouldn't even pay for that, but I would lurk on Twitter for the details.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

You couldn't pay me to go see these two self-involved blowhards talk about how wonderful they are. 

I'm shocked Ldubs can tear herself away from the boyfriend.  

Did Brad's wife drop the hammer and tell him he needed to be home more?

On 4/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, dubbel zout said:

Yeah - but - Michael should be the lead male by now.  I would rather see him with more screen time than have to see Carly and Sonny be 'rewarded' with another baby.

• Love 1

That's laying on a bit thick. It reminds me of that time I went to the Guggenheim and Mr. Yadda and I were reading the captions beside the "art" and one of them was a blank canvas, titled blank canvas and the caption just went on about how the artist decided to keep the canvas blank for its beauty and depth. No jokes. 

It also reminded me of Zoolander; 

"With more covers in his first year than any rookie model ever and an attitude that says who cares, it's only fashion . . ."

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 4/3/2019 at 6:34 PM, UYI said:

Plus, I imagine the reality is that a lot of actors who have never been on a soap might not be willing to audition for one, due to the fact that no one has ANY idea how much longer any of them will last. They may not think it's worth it, especially if they're a younger actor or actress. 

That's so far from the truth. Hundreds of actors audition for soaps every year. Unless an actor has a steady gig they're constantly auditioning and aren't usually very picky about what shows they'll take.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, In2You said:

That's so far from the truth. Hundreds of actors audition for soaps every year. Unless an actor has a steady gig they're constantly auditioning and aren't usually very picky about what shows they'll take.

Totally fair! Work is work. 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Then why on Earth does FV keep subjecting us to Disney kids and models??

In fairness, this is hardly an FV problem... soaps have always leaned heavily on hair models. Unless we think Kristina Malandro was a plausible aztec?

I think GH has pretty good casting, generally speaking. And some of those disney kids hold up! Zenon comes to mind. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

In fairness, this is hardly an FV problem... soaps have always leaned heavily on hair models. Unless we think Kristina Malandro was a plausible aztec?

I think GH has pretty good casting, generally speaking. And some of those disney kids hold up! Zenon comes to mind. 

I'm not impressed by any of the younger actors on GH. Looks or talent wise. And Kirsten Storms is a terrible actress. Her acting is pretty much on the same level as it was back when she was Zenon. 

• Love 1