Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Who knows. Without their spouses to react to it though it takes away half the soapiness.

This is so beautiful. Thank you, Y&R, thank you. Wait, no it's that show's fault GH got her in the first place, fuck you Y&R! 

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, texastornado said:

Wowzers! 

Imagine, they didn't want to pony up the money for Nina, a vital Port Charles character. #eyeroll

I would LOVE to think that's the end of Nina, but this is Frank we're talking about.

ETA...oooh, oooh, let Lucy run Crimson now!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

No way Billy Miller’s Billy Abbott slept with Dummer. Or fucked Phyllis.  Ever. So if he returns they’re going to have to do a massive rewrite. Or claim he had a brain tumor that made him do it. Or that JT’s. Billy was an evil twin with plastic surgery. 

Watch GT and MS trade places and GT is the new Nina. At least she’s age appropriate for Valentin.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I’m sure Jack won’t be calling Phyllis “Red” anymore. Apparently, MS hated it. That’s was one of the reason she went blonde on GH. She thought it was demeaning to be called even it was Jack (PB) doing it. 

2 hours ago, texastornado said:

Michelle Stafford is leaving—

This news truly brightened my day.

Kevin can make her his final murder this time around; her murder will enable him to be caught, so she can die as a heroine somehow,  and we can hope that she'll stay really and most sincerely dead. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I should add: At Y&R, Mal Young was the executive producer obsessed with pairing JT's character and Tognoni-now-Stafford's-again. He circumvented the writers' explicit plans to end that relationship and allegedly created a 'chemistry reel' to show them off to execs at Sony or CBS in order to re-pair them despite viewer outcry. But JT (who I think has done his best) has never approached Billy Miller's popularity in the role, and Young was recently fired. So I personally would expect Billy to finally jump back shortly (and no, I don't want JT/Patrick back on the show solo; I think it'd be a mistake for his character).

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, jsbt said:

So I personally would expect Billy to finally jump back shortly (and no, I don't want JT/Patrick back on the show solo; I think it'd be a mistake for his character).

Definitely, but I could see Patrick making a lot of visits.

For all I know Sally Sussman could be back in the building, lol. Her husband is there now after all. That whole Billy/Phyllis mess was a shitshow but I don't think the actors (Thompson and Tognoni) were to blame. They always sold their stuff with others (especially Gina with Peter Bergman, which was a big reason Stafford left Y&R initially; she didn't care for the pairing and was unable to boss around JFP). It was the EP, Sony/CBS and the writing.

Topic: I do love that in the end it came down to the old Frank Valentini freezeout routine. Contract negotiations go down to the wire, take it or leave it, blah blah blah aaaaand goodbye. In the end they all get that even when they start out as a big hire. It could even happen to Roger Howarth someday. Maybe?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
Just now, ulkis said:

Definitely, but I could see Patrick making a lot of visits.

Y u do this!? He has no purpose. And, I don’t know or care if this is a UO, but Robin/KMc and her legacy will always be more important than his character, period. The fact that Robin was sacrificed for X amount of years to make that irrelevant dude innocent still baffles me.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Y u do this!? He has no purpose. And, I don’t know or care if this is a UO, but Robin/KMc and her legacy will always be more important than his character, period. The fact that Robin was sacrificed for X amount of years to make that irrelevant dude innocent still baffles me.

Nobody's saying she's not more important. But he's a beloved character, he's available and Kimberly mostly directs atm. I'm sure she'll continue to visit as well. I don't have a problem with seeing Patrick. (Nor was it his fault he stayed on contract a few years without her in the first place)

• Love 9
Just now, HeatLifer said:

Y u do this!?

So Anna can have scenes with someone besides Dr Easton? Although we're all being premature, JT may be going nowhere.

Aaand somewhere I think I just heard Billy Miller say "haha sweetie".

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, jsbt said:

Nobody's saying she's not more important. But he's a beloved character, he's available and Kimberly mostly directs atm. I'm sure she'll continue to visit as well. I don't have a problem with seeing Patrick. (Nor was it his fault he stayed on contract a few years without her in the first place)

If they want to bring him for Robin and their kids, sure. Otherwise, I’m personally not interested in seeing a rerun of Innocent Patrick and Who Knows Where Robin Is, We Just Need Patrick to Fuck Someone. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, jsbt said:

don't think the actors (Thompson and Tognoni) were to blame

Gina made her bed. Sucks for her, but this is what happens when, as an actor, you want certain co-stars. Billy and Kelly know this story well.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Gina made her bed. Sucks for her, but this is what happens when, as an actor, you want certain co-stars. Billy and Kelly know this story well.

This is OT, but I don't agree. She obviously enjoyed working with JT, which is fine and natural even when fans hate a story. That doesn't mean she's conniving. She didn't campaign against her other pairings (unlike Stafford), and she sold being paired with Peter Bergman from day one (again, unlike Stafford). She was gushing about PB and quietly muted re: the Billy pairing by contrast in a very recent interview.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Which is what a contract return would create. But visiting for cases or what not, as Kimberly has done regularly? I don't see a problem with that.

As long as the “Robin needs to be recast” chatter doesn’t start again, I’m solid. Because this always starts up when Patrick begins rising from the ashes, as if Kimberly’s vet status and dedication is meaningless, and Robin’s entire character arc and reputation should depend on making certain only Patrick Drake smells like roses.

6 minutes ago, jsbt said:

This is OT, but I don't agree. She obviously enjoyed working with JT, which is fine and natural even when fans hate a story. That doesn't mean she's conniving. She didn't campaign against her other pairings (unlike Stafford), and she sold being paired with Peter Bergman from day one (again, unlike Stafford). She was gushing about PB and quietly muted re: the Billy pairing by contrast in a very recent interview.

Yeah, I disagree for reasons I won’t get into here. 

• Love 3

IMO if Frank was going to be able to sell recasting Robin (with Budig, allegedly) he had his shot and lost it. She's been back too many times in the last few years. It's the third rail, but IMO it always was.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

When's the last time we got this type of soap unrecast?  Was it Johnathan Jackson returning or was the "Real Greenlee" debacle after that?

Greenlee was 2008, Lucky was 2009.

This has been your loyal Human Soap Encyclopedia (TM), UYI. 🙂 

Of course, my favorite instance with this was Max on OLTL in 1991, because duh. 😉 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, UYI said:

Of course, my favorite instance with this was Max on OLTL in 1991, because duh. 😉 

And let us remember that old SOD issue emblazoned with RKK OUT! PETER RECKELL IN! as Bo on Days in 1995, with both Lisa Rinna and Kristian Alfonso teaming together to make it happen, etc. Good times.

• Love 6

I remember watching DOOL as a kid back then and lusting after RKK's Bo, lol. He was the only one I knew at the time, and I knew nothing of the BTS stuff obviously. Cut to the next day, Peter Reckell shows up and I'm like 'who is this hick??'

• Love 3
Just now, jsbt said:

I remember watching DOOL as a kid back then and lusting after RKK's Bo, lol. He was the only one I knew at the time, and I knew nothing of the BTS stuff obviously. Cut to the next day, Peter Reckell shows up and I'm like 'who is this hick??'

This wounds me vis a vis Peter Reckell.  😉

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I’m sure Jack won’t be calling Phyllis “Red” anymore. Apparently, MS hated it. That’s was one of the reason she went blonde on GH. She thought it was demeaning to be called even it was Jack (PB) doing it. 

What a stupid thing to be irritated by. (-- Said the blonde who always wanted to be a ginger.)

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, UYI said:

I loved that faux Max. At this point I can't remember how they resolved it when James DePaiva came back with his original face, but I assume it was a Roman DOOL, Todd OLTL and/or Jason GH situation? 

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

No way Billy Miller’s Billy Abbott slept with Dummer. Or fucked Phyllis.  Ever. So if he returns they’re going to have to do a massive rewrite. Or claim he had a brain tumor that made him do it. Or that JT’s. Billy was an evil twin with plastic surgery. 

Watch GT and MS trade places and GT is the new Nina. At least she’s age appropriate for Valentin.

They could always act like it never happened I mean on Days Kayla/Shane were an item but the show never acknowledges it ever happened.

2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They could always act like it never happened I mean on Days Kayla/Shane were an item but the show never acknowledges it ever happened.

Like how Maxie slept with James Franco's Franco but it was hardly ever referenced as Howarth's Franco because ew.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I loved that faux Max. At this point I can't remember how they resolved it when James DePaiva came back with his original face, but I assume it was a Roman DOOL, Todd OLTL and/or Jason GH situation? 

No. He just literally showed up one day in late 1991 and said, "I feel like the old Max again." The plastic surgery story they used to bring on Nicholas Walker was dropped completely. And because of JDP's popularity, it was accepted without question. 

I guess the switch back to Robyn Richards from Danica Stewart as Maxie on this show counts too, not that it lasted all that long, since RR got fired again and they brought on KSt. (And then KSt to Jen Lilley to KSt again, then KSt to Molly Burnett to KSt again.)

There's also Anna (FH to Camilla More to Finola again) and Felicia (KW to Sandra Robinson to Kristina again) too. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

When's the last time we got this type of soap unrecast?  Was it Johnathan Jackson returning or was the "Real Greenlee" debacle after that?

UHG the "Real Greenlee" Bullshit still pisses me off. I was all about Greenleo back in the day and RB was Greenlee to me but that was some disrespectful nonsense. 

But! Brightside! Bye Nina! Don't come back. I've picked YR here and there over the last few years so I'm most familiar with MS as Nina and Phyllis as played by GT. Is there any chance MS Phyllis was less annoying than Nina? 

Serious question: why is JT's character referred to as "Butt Biscuit" on the Y&R thread? Does he have a biscuit shaped butt and I just couldn't tell? Did anyone notice such a thing on GH when he played Patrick?

I feel like I'm missing something here. 

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, jsbt said:

The character's name is Billy and they dislike him/JT in the role.

Oh I know both those things, it's just that THAT nickname in particular seemed...very descriptive. TOO descriptive.

But hey, I like a good creative nickname. Kung Fu Barbie from this show is an older favorite of mine. 🙂 

The world went crazy this week. So many unexpected events.

I don't want Billy to go. I like Drew.

Maybe GT could be a less obnoxious Nina. The Sascha reveal needs to play out in a unhurried way. 

This BTS stuff is so much better than the on-screen stories.

Wow..

• Love 6

Can’t say I’m sorry about losing MS. I used to like Nina and found her amusing, but lately the character has become unbearable. I don’t think there’s really anything worth salvaging at this point, and hope there’s no recast.

I’ve never seen Y&R, but the idea of MS paired up with either JT or BM seems weird and unappealing.

I will not be at all surprised if Lulu and Valentin become a thing.  It’s classic soap to pair people who previously hated each other (see: Carly & Sonny, Robin & Patrick.)

6 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Probably pissed about the Scientology-like storyline.

That's exactly what I thought right away.   I actually like the character, and liked her and only recently found she's a scientologist.  I found it very difficult to like her after that.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

UHG the "Real Greenlee" Bullshit still pisses me off. I was all about Greenleo back in the day and RB was Greenlee to me but that was some disrespectful nonsense. 

But! Brightside! Bye Nina! Don't come back. I've picked YR here and there over the last few years so I'm most familiar with MS as Nina and Phyllis as played by GT. Is there any chance MS Phyllis was less annoying than Nina? 

No

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, jsbt said:

I should add: At Y&R, Mal Young was the executive producer obsessed with pairing JT's character and Tognoni-now-Stafford's-again. He circumvented the writers' explicit plans to end that relationship and allegedly created a 'chemistry reel' to show them off to execs at Sony or CBS in order to re-pair them despite viewer outcry. But JT (who I think has done his best) has never approached Billy Miller's popularity in the role, and Young was recently fired. So I personally would expect Billy to finally jump back shortly (and no, I don't want JT/Patrick back on the show solo; I think it'd be a mistake for his character).

I don't see FV hiring JT again. Patrick is pointless without Robin. JT was given 4 years to prove that he can be a leading man, and he failed. FH and the Emma actress practically carried his dull, boring ass. Both of his pairings weren't that popular as they both were filler. I felt bad he had to suffer because KMc left but he was given a test and he failed. A legacy character like Robin should not have to be recast just so JT can have a job. Divorce Robin and Patrick for what, so he can be paired with Margaux or Kim and flop again? Same shit on Y&R, he only had chem with GT and now that she's gone, his ass is a lost cause.

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hello? Steve and Billy.

I'm happy as a GH fan that Staff is gone! Finally! I thought we'd be stuck with that character forever. But as for Y&R, this may backfire. 

Edited by avocadohead
  • Love 4
On 3/28/2019 at 4:33 PM, UYI said:

NLG made an ill-advised a comment about Viola Davis when she won the Lead Actress Emmy in 2015 for How to Get Away with Murder on Twitter, and it gained traction because Black Twitter had her for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And because it involved a Shonda Rhimes show, that only made things worse, especially since she's arguably the most powerful woman in television, and her shows are all on ABC, and GH was struggling even then. It all blew over, but not before NLG spent all night on Twitter digging herself into a bigger hole. I don't remember anything about her going through diversity training, though, I just remember being AMAZED she survived it, because this is the one time running her mouth on Twitter actually resulted in (very bad) mainstream press for GH. 

NLG apologized and then "took a small vacation from the show" shortly after, which I believe FV put her on a short leave/suspension. She still didn't say any racial slurs.  And like I said earlier, at least she apologized. She was wrong though. 

On 3/28/2019 at 4:38 PM, UYI said:

The thing is, I think the fact that NLG said what she said on Twitter is what resulted in the press she got from it. Steve DOES deserve backlash too, but unless the right (wrong?) people on Twitter find out/post about it, I can't see it hurting him, unfortunately. 

NLG came at a high profile A-list actress. SBu was talking about fans. If he has said this about Denzel or another black actor, best believe they would chew him out too.