Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Hater said:

I believe NLG said some tasteless comments awhile back and went to diversity training on her own (FV didn't step in there either).

NLG made an ill-advised a comment about Viola Davis when she won the Lead Actress Emmy in 2015 for How to Get Away with Murder on Twitter, and it gained traction because Black Twitter had her for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And because it involved a Shonda Rhimes show, that only made things worse, especially since she's arguably the most powerful woman in television, and her shows are all on ABC, and GH was struggling even then. It all blew over, but not before NLG spent all night on Twitter digging herself into a bigger hole. I don't remember anything about her going through diversity training, though, I just remember being AMAZED she survived it, because this is the one time running her mouth on Twitter actually resulted in (very bad) mainstream press for GH. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, UYI said:

NLG made an ill-advised a comment about Viola Davis when she won the Lead Actress Emmy in 2015 for How to Get Away with Murder on Twitter, and it gained traction because Black Twitter had her for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And because it involved a Shonda Rhimes show, that only made things worse, especially since she's arguably the most powerful woman in television, and her shows are all on ABC, and GH was struggling even then. It all blew over, but not before NLG spent all night on Twitter digging herself into a bigger hole. I don't remember anything about her going through diversity training, though, I just remember being AMAZED she survived it, because this is the one time running her mouth on Twitter actually resulted in (very bad) mainstream press for GH. 

A fan reached out to her who worked with MLK's family and she want to diversity training.

What Burton said was disgusting and nothing is being done about it.  Not the first time he's said stupid things.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Hater said:

A fan reached out to her who worked with MLK's family and she want to diversity training.

What Burton said was disgusting and nothing is being done about it.  Not the first time he's said stupid things.

The thing is, I think the fact that NLG said what she said on Twitter is what resulted in the press she got from it. Steve DOES deserve backlash too, but unless the right (wrong?) people on Twitter find out/post about it, I can't see it hurting him, unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, UYI said:

The thing is, I think the fact that NLG said what she said on Twitter is what resulted in the press she got from it. Steve DOES deserve backlash too, but unless the right (wrong?) people on Twitter find out/post about it, I can't see it hurting him, unfortunately. 

Of course it won't hurt him.  The man has been unprofessional several times already within the last year and has still gotten more airtime than anybody else.  Any other actor does that...well you know the story.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Hater said:

Of course it won't hurt him.  The man has been unprofessional several times already within the last year and has still gotten more airtime than anybody else.  Any other actor does that...well you know the story.

Good, I was afraid I had pissed you off! We're on the same side, I just wanted to clarify the specifics of the hell storm that rained down on NLG in 2015, that's all. 🙂 

20 minutes ago, Hater said:

Wasn't it only a few months ago when he called KM white trash on that very same podcast?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

They’ve recast Valerie. Why, is beyond me since they never used the character in the entire time BS was in the role. 

It's the same thing they did with TJ, it's baffling.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Wasn't it only a few months ago when he called KM white trash on that very same podcast?

He referred to her and himself as "white trash" in attempting to make a joke that people who have "above ground pools" are white trash.  That was on the Facebook live in July.

Then in August he implied on his podcast that she aged.  It was after Anderson had stated that "she hadn't"  Burton said "there's women listening now, you can tell me later" something like that.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

They’ve recast Valerie. Why, is beyond me since they never used the character in the entire time BS was in the role. 

IMO, they probably had to recast her so NuVal could have a big story, since probably Brytni was told there was one in the works for her when she gave her notice. (/end cynical sarcasm font)

Edited by rur
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Hater said:

He referred to her and himself as "white trash" in attempting to make a joke that people who have "above ground pools" are white trash.  That was on the Facebook live in July.

Then in August he implied on his podcast that she aged.  It was after Anderson had stated that "she hadn't"  Burton said "there's women listening now, you can tell me later" something like that.

Is KM Kimberly McColough?

1 hour ago, rur said:

IMO, they probably had to recast her so NuVal could have a big story, since probably Brytni was told there was one in the works for her when she gave her notice. (/end cynical sarcasm font)

Two pictures of new Valerie and she looks different in both pictures. I don’t know which Valerie is showing up. 

8C3F39C2-827B-4E6C-9C25-9DC8B82B6EAE.png

1E83897F-F1AD-40D6-A7D8-FD7172CA525C.png

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Is KM Kimberly McColough?

@Hater already answered, but no, it's Kelly Monaco. Kim is generally referred to here as KMc, while is Kelly usually referred to as KeMo (which I always pronounce in my head as "chemo"), that way there's no confusion. 

Edited by UYI
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Two pictures of new Valerie and she looks different in both pictures. I don’t know which Valerie is showing up. 

Just for the heck of it, here's the pic from Soap Hub: 

Valerie-General-Hospital.jpg

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Why the hell is a character seen only when Halley's Comet appears being recast?

Well, that had to. They did such a bang up job when recasting nuTJ and he airs less then Val. If that's at all possible.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, makelemons said:

Are they usually right?

I don’t follow them that closely.  Plus a few blinds seem absurd.  

However, him getting fired because of this wouldn’t surprise me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

SBu and Bradford know what they’re doing. Bradford is DM’ing people. Both are not acknowledging anything publicly because they don’t want to call attention to it. Then, because it’s low-rated GH and someone with a whole lot of followers hasn’t gotten wind of it, no one can cause much of a ruckus. It’s shameful.

With NLG’s situation, she just kept on tweeting and tweeting down into a larger hole and, at the same time, was insulting a prominent female actress.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

SBu and Bradford know what they’re doing. Bradford is DM’ing people. Both are not acknowledging anything publicly because they don’t want to call attention to it. Then, because it’s low-rated GH and someone with a whole lot of followers hasn’t gotten wind of it, no one can cause much of a ruckus. It’s shameful.

Oh wow.  You don't even think Burton will make a low key apology?! 

Brad better be careful. DMs are what got Varni in trouble with BHs last contract renewal.  And the Killys are on a mission .....

12 minutes ago, makelemons said:

Oh wow.  You don't even think Burton will make a low key apology?! 

Brad better be careful. DMs are what got Varni in trouble with BHs last contract renewal.  And the Killys are on a mission .....

I don’t think he will, no. There’s a reason both of them haven’t tweeted in two days. Waiting for all this to die down.

I don’t know if the DM is legit because I came across a screenshot someone posted, but it basically had Bradford claiming that Steve was referring to the clanking of glasses and that they were actually serving chicken and watermelon. Of course none of that explains the usage of “ghetto.” And on top of that, Bradford apparently edited out all this from the podcast.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Useful 1

NLG never got fired after her Viola Davis tweets.  She apologized, sort of, blaming the wine she had been drinking.  And her level of power at GH is nowhere near Burton's.

He won’t get fired and this won’t affect his role on the show. When Kelly and Billy acted unprofessional their stories were trashed and they were removed from scenes with each other. Double standards are rampant on set.  See Laura and her boyfriend as well. 

• Love 5

I feel like NLGs comments, (and I saw them live and told her to sign off and go to sleep), were typical clueless, white woman feminism.  That is to say, not good, and really ignorant, but chicken, watermelon, and ghetto?  Man, that's next level.    I think it is true that Burton isn't getting the same slamming because no one with a large twitter following knows or cares who he is.  Once NLG said that nonsense about such a high profile actress, it was curtains.  That's why she was trending.  Not because anyone knows or cares who she is either.  Outside of daytime of course. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

With NLG’s situation, she just kept on tweeting and tweeting down into a larger hole and, at the same time, was insulting a prominent female actress.

The NLG thing was AMAZING to watch unfold live. One of the things she started digging in on was how "privileged" an upbringing Viola Davis probably had. In fact, VD's background is horrifying. It was a real lesson in what NOT to do if you find yourself making a minor faux pas and get called on it. 

I can't believe this Steve Burton stuff. I didn't even know that aspect of him -- just the juice stuff.

• Love 2

Steve Burton is a pathetic excuse for a human being. And if Bradford Anderson chose to hitch his wagon to that, then joke's on him.

After the sexist remarks, the rumors of sexual harassment of the girl who played Georgie and other crappy bts behavior, racist comments are not shocking. Anyone who expects better from him should know better.

His ass couldn't even cut it on another soap. 

• Love 12

Burton is trash. The man is completely unlikeable on and off screen. I find him to be sexiest and uneducated and just tasteless. Can’t carry on an intelligent conversation. His podcast is a frat boy’s wet dream. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Hater said:

He won’t get fired and this won’t affect his role on the show. When Kelly and Billy acted unprofessional their stories were trashed and they were removed from scenes with each other. Double standards are rampant on set.  See Laura and her boyfriend as well. 

I don’t watch the show anymore. Haven’t in many many years, but I was aware of Sam and Jason (Billy Miller) even watched some of their clips on YouTube. I enjoyed their dynamic. But I’m curious, what unprofessional behavior did they display that got their storylines trashed and them separated on screen?

8 minutes ago, Enero said:

I don’t watch the show anymore. Haven’t in many many years, but I was aware of Sam and Jason (Billy Miller) even watched some of their clips on YouTube. I enjoyed their dynamic. But I’m curious, what unprofessional behavior did they display that got their storylines trashed and them separated on screen?

They said some comments in regards to Burtons return. Kelly was asked on Facebook live if she was excited to with with him again she said “I’m excited to work with the whole cast.” Then said I love working with you in reference to Billy.  Then they really pushed on social media to stay paired. Another incident at their event with Billy touching Kelly’s boobs. Right after their event, drew and Sam were broken up and have shared maybe 15 scenes since last March. They were pulled for Burton and jasam. I think a lot of that is due to their behavior. Also a lot of burton crying to the powers that be. But only they get in trouble for this type of stuff. Burton can say racist things and be rewarded.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

If I'm Jason Thompson I'm worried now.  I see a flip flop happening in the summer.  SamTrick 2.0?  😉

I’m down with that. Billy Miller is Billy Abbott. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6