Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2018/11/ratings-report-for-the-week-october-29-november-2-2018

Double post, but GH is LAST in EVERY SINGLE DEMO.  Ron got fired for less. This is atrocious.   There's no way some talk show costs more to produce and can't get the same horrid results. If ABC actually gave a crap, they'd do something.  Mob Hospital is failing miserably.  2018 is a year to forget and it's not getting better if Frank continues his reign and the trinity + Sam are shifted into everyone's story.  Oh and this just doesn't look good with the "Laura Return" either.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

Like @Hater said, it's not a good look that they brought back Genie Francis and the ratings are still down. A big part of it is that there are so many newbies (Willow, Sasha, Peter) that are driving story, but the need to have Sonny/Carly/Jason in stories that don't concern them is the worst offender. Laura has been displaced in her own story.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Laura's story, which should have been about Kevin/Ryan and Felicia, has become Carly/Jason/Sam's story, propped by Curtis and possible co-star Ava. Way to piss off anyone watching for Laura and the vets.

The story isn't working because the people closest to Kevin aren't picking up why he is acting so strangely. It was also painful to see Ryan constantly reject Laura who only grew more confused by each interaction.

Sonny, Carly, and Jason have been on the show for over twenty years. Like them or not, but they are vets on the show.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, nilyank said:

The story isn't working because the people closest to Kevin aren't picking up why he is acting so strangely. It was also painful to see Ryan constantly reject Laura who only grew more confused by each interaction.

Sonny, Carly, and Jason have been on the show for over twenty years. Like them or not, but they are vets on the show.

They are vets but they do not need to be included in every single story.  That's a problem, air time is not balanced in any way on this show. The other four soaps do not have this problem.  The top 4 episode counts are consumed by all four of those actors respectively and that's because somehow someway even when it makes ZERO sense, they are involved in almost every single story.  Jason was involved in rescuing Anna with Robert in August.  Why?  It wasn't necessary.  Even Tristian Rogers questioned the writing on it and told FV Robert in character would not be working with a thug. 

Edit: Newbies don't help either. There are a multitude of problems with this show, but when you have 4 actors taking up the majority of airtime- that's who is viewed by the audience the majority of the time they watch.  Clearly, they deserve some of the blame for these record low ratings.  

The week for these ratings in particular were dominated the first 3 days by heavy amounts of Jason/Sam/Sonny harping over Margo trying to "ruin" Sonny's life.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7
59 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Laura's story, which should have been about Kevin/Ryan and Felicia, has become Carly/Jason/Sam's story, propped by Curtis and possible co-star Ava. Way to piss off anyone watching for Laura and the vets.

34 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Ryan has replaced Felicia and his obsession with her with his obsession/attraction to Ava, and Mac, Felicia and Lucy were trotted out in the beginning of this story and are now nowhere to be found. Ryan is using the name Todd Wilson for Kevin-in-Ferncliff. Laura might not recognize that alias if they were even to learn the name of the patient, and while of course Jason/Carly/Sam wouldn't have a clue why that was important, Mac and Felicia would. Lucy might. (Todd Wilson was the alias Ryan 1.0 used and what Felicia first knew him as). Reason 12 why they need to be in this story. It doesn't help Kevin or this story to have people that barely know him to be spearheading his rescue.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Was this posted? GH will be airing - not a recent repeat - but an episode from 2000 on Thanksgiving Day! Featuring Zander, AT's Emily, Marisa Ramirez's Gia, JY's Lucky and Liz, Hannah (a.k.a. Hann-UGH!), Sarah Brown's Carly, and more.

It's apparently aligning with a best of "Sonny and Carly" video compilation. 

That wasn't an amazing period but it's still vastly superior to just about anything in the 2010s. Unwise for them to show anything from the prior writing corps which hung in at GH until Frank took over.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Hater said:

Kiss that ass, Maurice!

I'm usually not one to get a grammartude on anyone, but damn, punctuation is your friend, & possible drunk-tweeting is not. What is the near-end saying? "Your dedication 2 GH second to none what you've done for me ThankYou". Is he saying something to the effect of "your dedication to 'General Hospital' is admirable, & I appreciate how you've allowed me to continue my path of destruction of the show. Thank you. *insert gift box, which may, or may not, be a firearm*"?? You read pages of scripts every day of your life, which have got to be far more grammatically-correct than this, pay attention to punctuation & capitalization, Moobmonster. 

Edited by nkotb
When making fun of the grammar-mistakes of others, it's best to make sure your grammar is perfect.
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

You read pages of scripts every day of your life, which have go to be far more grammatically-correct than this

You must not be listening too closely, as the grammar on GH is frequently atrocious. Basic grade-school level stuff (me vs. I, especially) is botched.

• Love 4

I have to make a confession, @dubbel zout, I can't remember the last time I actually watched a show, I usually just follow here. I flipped it on the other day & saw Maxie holding a baby, talking to LWB, & I had to do a bit of research to see what the scoop was. It's just not appointment-tv anymore, so I usually don't say anything, but that grammar was bad enough to warrant a comment. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nkotb said:
16 hours ago, Hater said:

Kiss that ass, Maurice!

I'm usually not one to get a grammartude on anyone, but damn, punctuation is your friend, & possible drunk-tweeting is not. What is the near-end saying? "Your dedication 2 GH second to none what you've done for me ThankYou". Is he saying something to the effect of "your dedication to 'General Hospital' is admirable, & I appreciate how you've allowed me to continue my path of destruction of the show. Thank you. *insert gift box, which may, or may not, be a firearm*"?? You read pages of scripts every day of your life, which have got to be far more grammatically-correct than this, pay attention to punctuation & capitalization, Moobmonster. 

As a former English major his tweets give me hives. I watched SBu and LW in their Facebook live thingy, (I must've been very bored at the time) and Steve said Mo uses speech-to-text and as a result his text messages are full of errors and make no sense. Sounds like he tweets the same way. Good to know Mo's laziness is not exclusive to learning lines and acting. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

I see his acting skills are rivaled only by his grammar skills.

• Love 6

Janet Hubert Cast on General Hospital as Yvonne

JOSHUA BALDWIN

17 HOURS AGO

EW.com is reporting that Janet Hubert, best known for her role as the original Aunt Viv on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, has been cast in the role of Yvonne on General Hospital. She'll be mixing it up as a love interest for Mike (Max Gail) at his new nursing home digs. 

Since leaving Fresh Prince, Hubert has featured in multiple television shows and movies. Soap fans may remember her for her brief stint on All My Children as Alice Dawson or her two turns on One Life to Live as Lisa Williamson. 

I wonder what Aunt Stella (Vernee Watson-Johnson) is gonna think about Aunt Viv moving in on her man Mike. We'll soon see how all the nursing home drama unfolds as Hubert's first airdate is December 7. 

Why does Mike need a love interest? And if they're going to give him a girlfriend, why  not Stella?????

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

And if they're going to give him a girlfriend, why  not Stella?????

Because Stella is his caseworker, and that's an ethical violation. Not that the show cares about this sort of thing on a regular basis, but I like to think Vernee Watson-Johnson said no how, no way, and the show listened.

LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALA.

• Love 3

yeah I think she did say no in an interview with him. But I still don’t know why Mike needs a girlfriend? I adore Max Gail but have no interest in yet another new character being tied to the Corinthi.

• Love 3

Are they going to do a story about the rise of sexually transmitted diseases in nursing homes? This show would do it for LOLs so no thanks.

Even less do I want a storyline about sexual abuses committed by people who have dementia.  It's real, it's horrible for both victim and abuser but I don't want to see it on my screen.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Kelly M. made an instagram post this morning commenting that she and Miller were not invited to the Mephis event and then deleted it.

Come on, spill the dirt KM.

I’m honestly surprised she cares.