Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Another funny part of the podcast was WR said when SB was announced back LW would come back from the studio gushing over how he was coming back and he was like, "uh, great?" since he didn't know who he was.

12 hours ago, ulkis said:

WR and SB both say if anyone thinks the reason he got the job is because of LW that is not the way it works at all.

Please. Let's not pretend being LWB wasn't an advantage.

12 hours ago, ulkis said:

Max Gail drives a van and dented SB's car. Hee.

Ha!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

He [LWB] had actually read for for Frank for OLTL in 2009. Frank said he had wanted to cast him but he didn't get the part because the show was on its last leg and Frank said to him he "didn't want to do that to you in that way then." Which seems to me that Frank told him they didn't hire him because Frank didn't want LWB to get the role only for the show to be cancelled on him.

I have so many questions about this specifically.

1) Who could he have been reading for in 2009?  The recast Ross?  Eli?  The random dude Reed Kelly dated for five minutes?

2) On its last leg?  OLTL wasn't cancelled until 2011, two years later.

3) So Frank didn't want to hire LWB in 2009 thinking the show might be cancelled?  But he let Ted King relocate across the country four months before the cancelation was announced?

Just...shut up, LWB, shut up Frank, shut up everyone.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 18

I'm guessing WR believes what Frank told him. WR did say "[Frank]'s take on [the screen test for OLTL]" so maybe he does think Frank is bullshitting it a bit.

When he was saying he never knew FV had always wanted to work with him after that I was think "yeah you never knew cause he didn't." I mean, maybe he thought of WR once in a while but he didn't pick up the phone until LW  started dating him, so he didn't want to work with him THAT much.

• Love 4

It is hard to imagine FV sitting around thinking, "I've just got to get me some of that WR on the show.  He's just that good."  Y'know, like so much better than all the other actors available for roles on a soap.  (Even if it is GH.)

• Love 5

Wow, this inerview with GF was from about 10 years ago I think but it seems pretty long and candid. In chapter 3, about 10:35 in someone asks her how it was to work with Stephen Martines and she says, "I don't have much to say about him. The actor was not one of my favorites." Interesting to note she then says that she told TC when he left that she thought it was too soon for him to leave, that he was still learning.

https://interviews.televisionacademy.com/interviews/genie-francis#interview-clips

Edited by ulkis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

https://omny.fm/shows/wmmrs-preston-steve-daily-podcast/daily-podcast-10-12-18

They only wanted her to come back for the 55th anniversary but she insisted on a contract.

These freaking idiots:

GF: They wanted me to come back for the anniversary show and do some press and then put me back on the shelf and I said, "no, I don't wanna do that." And they said, "well, what do you want then?" And I said, "well, you could write a story."

I mean, really? They couldn't figure that out? 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11
On 10/11/2018 at 5:00 PM, ulkis said:

He had actually read for for Frank for OLTL in 2009. Frank said he had wanted to cast him but he didn't get the part because the show was on its last leg and Frank said to him he "didn't want to do that to you in that way then."

Yeah, this is beyond horseshit lol. Say what you will about Frank but he fought tooth and nail to save OLTL down to the last day, and then proceeded to force it onto GH in every way possible and fight Prospect Park. If Wes Ramsey wasn't at OLTL it's because Frank Valentini lied to him and didn't want him there. And he lies to actors often.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

https://omny.fm/shows/wmmrs-preston-steve-daily-podcast/daily-podcast-10-12-18

They only wanted her to come back for the 55th anniversary but she insisted on a contract.

Nice to finally have this confirmed.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Maybe Genie Francis has reason to be optimistic that I don't know about, but that doesn't sound promising. They wanted Laura for an anniversary-related appearance; GF said no; they said "What do you want?" and she asked them to write her a story. Considering what the stories are like for the actors/characters FV presumably wants on the canvas, and the ones Shelly and Chris are eager to write for, what are acts of reluctance going to look like? 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Wow, this inerview with GF was from about 10 years ago I think but it seems pretty long and candid. In chapter 3, about 10:35 in someone asks her how it was to work with Stephen Martines and she says, "I don't have much to say about him. The actor was not one of my favorites." Interesting to note she then says that she told TC when he left that she thought it was too soon for him to leave, that he was still learning.

https://interviews.televisionacademy.com/interviews/genie-francis#interview-clips

Oh yeah, that's her Archive of American Television interview. There a lot people in television--daytime and primetime, on and off camera--who have done those, as a way to preserve TV history. There are other soap stars/soap TPTB who have done them, too. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

I think Van Etten is keen to write for Laura. I think Frank has only ever seen Laura as an expensive means to an end who keeps annoying him by demanding a full commitment, when he prefers to keep 90% of veterans on recurring. Genie's insisted on a contract since 2013 and she's been right to do so.

• Love 12
On 10/2/2018 at 8:09 AM, Asp Burger said:

Now there's a "death is not an option." Katherine Bell or SWSNBN. Godawful blond bombshells who were both Nikolas love interests.

I'd really have to put the thinking cap on as to which one I was gladder to see go. SWSNBN narrowly takes it. Katherine was around longer, but I felt in that case they were desperate to make it work because she was played by a popular daytime actress with an established fan base, and Evans can in fact be good if the material is there. With SWSNBN, there was urgency to make her happen just because she was tied up with the other characters who were eating the show, and Frons had a thing for the actress (who brought with her no fan base to speak of; her biggest pre-GH credit was "Mary's Girlfriend #2" on 7th Heaven).  

Also, as useless/grating as Katherine was, the Riche-era show around her was better. And she wasn't getting into Toonces-type car accidents every three months.  

My issue with both of them, and keep in mind I grew to really loathe SWSNBN, is that TPTB Guza took them out of pairings that were working, Katherine with Mac, Courtney with AJ and gambled on forced pairing. I think in both cases, Guza was involved. While it was understably that the show would "go there" with Stefan and Katherine because Patch and Kayla, and it only wish fullifliment on the part of Frons and his wife with Jason and Courtney.Frons might have forced Guza hand when it came to pairing her with Jason, but seemed all to happy to trash AJ in order to make it happen.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

My issue with both of them, and keep in mind I grew to really loathe SWSNBN, is that TPTB Guza took them out of pairings that were working, Katherine with Mac, Courtney with AJ and gambled on forced pairing. I think in both cases, Guza was involved. While it was understably that the show would "go there" with Stefan and Katherine because Patch and Kayla, and it only wish fullifliment on the part of Frons and his wife.Frons might have forced Guza hand when it came to pairing her with Jason, but seemed all to happy to trash AJ in order to make it happen.

Guza had nothing to do with Katherine and Stefan. It was Culliton. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Is Griffin leaving? Could he stumble upon Ryan killing Kiki and so Ryan is forced to murder Griffin too?

Speculation: More likely, assuming Ryan kills Kiki, Griffin leaves town alive shortly afterward. He needs a fresh start away from the town where that and other terrible things have happened, or he feels guilty about not being able to protect her, or Ryan never would have killed her if something-something tangentially related to Griffin. He...left their movie tickets wherever Ryan kills her, and she went to get them and walked in on Ryan doing something incriminating. That kind of thing.  

Matt Cohen seems like a sweet guy, but that character just hasn't worked. They've tried to establish him as a presence in the life of everyone from Maxie to Anna to Sonny to Liz to Ava, but who would really miss him? Either in Port Charles or in the viewing audience? Maybe MC fans from Supernatural and other projects would, but they can see him in something else.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Speculation: More likely, assuming Ryan kills Kiki, Griffin leaves town alive shortly afterward.

Thereby continuing the TFGH tradition of women being murdered with bodies while men disappear so that they can return later. (The except being Ryan Paevey who didn't want to come back.)

• Love 4
23 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Thereby continuing the TFGH tradition of women being murdered with bodies while men disappear so that they can return later. (The except being Ryan Paevey who didn't want to come back.)

Which, talent aside, is quite the shame as he was some great eye candy.  I think they missed a real opportunity to have him and Curtis be good friends. Can you imagine that much sexy on the screen at one time?  That alone would help the ratings.  

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 6
On 10/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, Neptune said:

That's a classic manic social media I-quit/got-fired post if ever I saw one. I love how every time one of these dudes leaves it's all 'wooo! going on a journey!!' Sorry, Dominic Zamprogna.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

“He’s [Spencer's] older and wiser."

No he's not.

He’s trying to be a better listener.

No he's not.

He’s trying to be respectful of his grandma

No he's not.

He's the same little turd he's always been.

I don't understand Matt Cohen's video at all.

• Love 2

Doesn't RoHo fall into the Unemployed Soap Actors category? Actually given the length and intensity of that uncomfortably long hug - that should just be RoHo. FV eventually gets bored with other Unemployed Soap Actors and lets them go

• Love 1

Their obsession with what's his name, causing them to refuse to soras Spencer, is so stupid.   They could have quite a cute youth scene going if they would soras Spencer and Emma.  I can't even watch these scenes anymore, it's just ridiculous.

Dragging Sam back to the triumvirate of idiocy is ruining her for me.  I liked her character so much with Patrick, and then with Drew.  Even Silas is better than this.  They have ruined her.

• Love 6

“I hope they write something totally different for Lulu. Let her maybe start to unravel or panic — because we’ve already seen Lulu as this happy wife and mom.”

We (the viewers) have seen Lulu unravel and panic—it's how she's "her mother's daughter" and fragile and all that nonsense. I get ER wants the acting change, but no, thanks.

I agree that Susan Brown's voice was soothing and lovely. It was so distinctive.

• Love 3