Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, yowsah1 said:

I generally fall into the "against tanking scenes because you don't like the pairing/story" camp, but I can see the possibility of KM getting fed up with constantly having to carry lazy-ass Burton in all their scenes.

KeMo carrying anyone is laughable. But that’s MO. 

• Love 3
On 9/21/2018 at 6:09 PM, Hater said:

There were rumors in 2016 about him having an addiction when he was "on leave" from GH.   Seems like it was true.

I remember the rumor of a drinking issue all the way back when he cut open his arm way back when (on a fireplace, if I recall? And something about JFP stocking his fridge...) and required stitches. I think that was way back in 2006 and I remember there was a Temp Nik for a while then.

I hope he gets help for himself, most of all, but also for his kids' sake.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, UYI said:

I thought Laura & Felicia WERE friends, didn't they meet in 1984 during the Aztec Treasure story? 

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Haven't they been more like frenemies because of Luke?

Yes. Because of Felicia’s affair with Luke. ??? I can’t remember if both Luke and Felicia were married or just one of them.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes. Because of Felicia’s affair with Luke. ??? I can’t remember if both Luke and Felicia were married or just one of them.

Wasn't this around the time after Lucky "died" and technically were not together anymore. Felicia was married to Mac though.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Felicia was married to Mac, and Luke and Laura were possibly separated? I remember a very awkward scene of Mac and Laura seeing them in Luke's club right after Felicia and Luke had obviously just screwed around. I think they emerged from his office.  I felt sorry for both Mac and Laura.

• Love 5
On 9/20/2018 at 4:37 PM, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, not buying it. This isn’t pressure. She’s literally not trying with Steve Burton. She doesn’t even look like she wants to be standing next to him.

So true. I believe that Sam feels connected and concerned in scenes in recent months with Alexis, Maxie, and Drew so I know it's not an utter lack of interest in doing her job as an actress on GH. 

The Jason-Sam scenes have something of the Luke and Laura vibe during TG's retirement storyline in that they seem like two people who loved each other a long time ago and still care about what happens to each other, but they are no longer "feeling it." However, there was still more warmth between TG & GF in there scenes - despite the fact that TG has disparaged their history publicly. THAT is professionalism.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The Jason-Sam scenes have something of the Luke and Laura vibe during TG's retirement storyline in that they seem like two people who loved each other a long time ago and still care about what happens to each other, but they are no longer "feeling it." However, there was still more warmth between TG & GF in there scenes - despite the fact that TG has disparaged their history publicly. THAT is professionalism.

I think that was a case of Tony trying to ignore the chemistry between him and Genie, but the chemistry came through anyway and overpowered his apathy. 

• Love 10

Burton and Monaco never came close to the passion type chemistry Genie and Tony had.  I have never found anything passionate about JaSam after 2006.   2009-2012, I just didn't think any of their romance was anything to sneeze about.  They were never a physically affectionate pairing.   It was mostly whimpering and teary eyed long stares.

I think Kelly will loosen up eventually when it goes there because it will go there (is she just going to continue to be miserable on screen because nothing is going to change the course it's going to take), but I think those two will  stick strictly to the script or what FV wants in terms of trying to "sell the love."

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

However, there was still more warmth between TG & GF in there scenes - despite the fact that TG has disparaged their history publicly. THAT is professionalism.

TG disparaged the story but never GF personally. I feel like there's some personal stuff between KeMo and SBu, and neither is doing a good job of hiding it. 

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

TG disparaged the story but never GF personally. I feel like there's some personal stuff between KeMo and SBu, and neither is doing a good job of hiding it. 

There are times though when Genie seemed to be taking some of what Tony said personally, though, to the point that she even brought it up in her goodbye video that she made for Tony when he left in 2015 (a lot of the cast made videos like this for Twitter at the time). It was clear that she was uncomfortable/worried that part of the problem was with her specifically, and not just with the characters and story. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UYI said:

There are times though when Genie seemed to be taking some of what Tony said personally, though, to the point that she even brought it up in her goodbye video that she made for Tony when he left in 2015 (a lot of the cast made videos like this for Twitter at the time). It was clear that she was uncomfortable/worried that part of the problem was with her specifically, and not just with the characters and story. 

I was always under the impression there was bad blood between Tony and Genie, especially from TG's side.

I'm pretty sure he vetoed any type of final scene with Laura when Luke left in 2015.  Didn't she just leave him a letter and that was that? Luke and Laura fans were pissed. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Hater said:

I was always under the impression there was bad blood between Tony and Genie, especially from TG's side.

I'm pretty sure he vetoed any type of final scene with Laura when Luke left in 2015.  Didn't she just leave him a letter and that was that? Luke and Laura fans were pissed. 

I think Luke gave Lulu or maybe Sonny (Sonny!) a letter addressed to his "Angel" but nothing from that letter ever came up again. I don't think we ever knew that Laura got it.

13 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I think Luke gave Lulu or maybe Sonny (Sonny!) a letter addressed to his "Angel" but nothing from that letter ever came up again. I don't think we ever knew that Laura got it.

Yeah. I feel pretty confident in saying TG got what he wanted on that end in terms of LNL.  

Probably him and Maurice are the only ones who truly have that "power."

If Steve Burton pushed for the end of Sam/Drew so Jason could get Sam back, I'd argue that he has it too.  Sam tempted by Jason but ultimately deciding to stay with Drew because she's not that young girl any more makes much more sense story-wise.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 12
41 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

We actually don't see Luke giving Lulu the letter, only Lulu giving the letter to Laura.  Which always made me think The Writer snuck that into the script behind Tony Geary's back because it was in a scene he wasn't in.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

We actually don't see Luke giving Lulu the letter, only Lulu giving the letter to Laura.  Which always made me think The Writer snuck that into the script behind Tony Geary's back because it was in a scene he wasn't in.

Well then The Writer is a lot smarter than Geary. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Steve Burton pushed for the end of Sam/Drew so Jason could get Sam back, I'd argue that he has it too.  

I don't think Burton pushed for that for a moment. I think he expected to be Jason and that's about it. I'm sure he expected something with Sam and Jason, but if it's true that KM lobbied for BM, Burton's ego would make him go, "fine, I don't need you, I can make another pairing work." Jasam are a relatively popular couple. I'm sure the general audience was confused as hell as to why them seeing each again for the first time was not written for at all. If they are going to hook back up, it's not just because Burton may have stomped his feet.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

but if it's true that KM lobbied for SB,

Do you mean if KM lobbied for Drew?

We;ll probably never know unless someone writes a tell-all book. But it feels like there were too many sudden course changes that didn't make sense. If Sam was going to go back to Jason from SBu's return, why wasn't it written that Sam was confused rather than telling Drew she was all about him and immediately re-marrying him?  Why a few weeks after the wedding was she saying that Drew had stifled her all through their relationship by making her wear suits and not letting her do what she really wanted, none of which we saw, and divorced him when the ink was barely dry in the marriage license saying she needed to be free to be herself.

It feels like someone pulled rank and suddenly changed the storyline.  Who it was, I don't know.

37 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Burton's ego would make him go, "fine, fuck off, I can make another pairing work."

His ego might but he seems to me to be one of the laziest actors on the show.  Making another pairing work would require effort on his part.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

His ego might but he seems to me to be one of the laziest actors on the show.  Making another pairing work would require effort on his part.

Hell, he doesn't even put forth the effort to make his bread-and-butter pairing work. He doesn't show Jason putting any effort into cultivating relationships with the sons whose lives he missed up until now, and SBu is content to have Jason play in the same sandbox that got him killed with no reflections or introspection on his part whatsoever.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Do you mean if KM lobbied for Drew?

Yes, that's what I meant, oops. Well, I meant BM not Drew.

No it wouldn't require effort imo. And he's got a decent-sized JasonFF fanbase who would support him with a character played by another soap name.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

ut it feels like there were too many sudden course changes that didn't make sense. If Sam was going to go back to Jason from SBu's return, why wasn't it written that Sam was confused rather than telling Drew she was all about him and immediately re-marrying him?

Same reason she did the same thing with Patrick and Jakeson.  FV and the HW.

FV hasn't had any pairings that were higher profile or more popular than the pairings that were created by the last regime. His recasts haven't worked, his OLTL actors were taken away and their new incarnations were so bad that ME was killed off and Franco is on his third/fourth? redemption story and hanging on primarily because of BH's fans.  Maybe FV just wanted a win. I think he and his HW du jour were the ones who were overruled. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Hell, he doesn't even put forth the effort to make his bread-and-butter pairing work. He doesn't show Jason putting any effort into cultivating relationships with the sons whose lives he missed up until now, and SBu is content to have Jason play in the same sandbox that got him killed with no reflections or introspection on his part whatsoever.

I don't think we know if SBu woudn't be okay with Jason getting to talk more about getting shot. He could probably get them to give him more stuff to wear but I could definitely see the writers going no, "we brought you on because we got complaints BM was not Jason enough." These writers don't know the characters well enough; they're probably afraid if they show Jason start to have some introspection there'll be fan cries of OOC. We get the broad strokes of the Guza-writing style for Carsason with none of the depth. (Well, relative depth.)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I don't think we know if SBu woudn't be okay with Jason getting to talk more about getting shot. He could probably get them to give him more stuff to wear but I could definitely see the writers going no, "we brought you on because we got complaints BM was not Jason enough." These writers don't know the characters well enough; they're probably afraid if they show Jason start to have some introspection they'll be fan cries of OOC. We get the broad strokes of the Guza-writing style for the Carsason with none of the depth. (Well, relative depth.)

Wasn't that precisely what some viewers liked about BM's Jason? That he made choices Jason wouldn't make and acted like Jason's time away had changed him somehow and made him want to be a better husband this time, a better father, less beholden to Sonny and Carly and the lifestyle that got him killed?

• Love 5

I don't think Burton cares what type of story he has.  His interviews have pretty much been "everything is so awesome.  GH is the best!" blah blah The only thing I can see is him wanting to compete with Miller in terms of besting each other because both have gigantic egos.  That's it.  So in that aspect, yes I could see wanting JaSam solely to piss the other two off.

Edited by Hater
5 minutes ago, Hater said:

I don't think Burton cares what type of story he has.  His interviews have pretty much been "everything is so awesome.  GH is the best!" blah blah The only thing I can see is him wanting to compete with Miller in terms of besting each other because both have gigantic egos.  That's it.  So in that aspect, yes I could see wanting JaSam solely to piss the other two off.

Yeah, I could see that. But I don't think he would want to do it for long (if KM was giving him the cold shoulder). Just one hook up to prove he can still bring the heat with KM (heh), and then he'd be okay with them dropping it.

19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Wasn't that precisely what some viewers liked about BM's Jason? That he made choices Jason wouldn't make and acted like Jason's time away had changed him somehow and made him want to be a better husband this time, a better father, less beholden to Sonny and Carly and the lifestyle that got him killed?

Some viewers would be Sam fans. You have to consider Jason fans, Sonny fans, Carly fans, and then your general audience fans. That probably took precedence. 

11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, I could see that. But I don't think he would want to do it for long (if KM was giving him the cold shoulder). Just one hook up to prove he can still bring the heat with KM (heh), and then he'd be okay with them dropping it.

I think he just listens to what his fans want/what he mostly sees on social media. And I’m sure with the romantic department, it’s still JaSam. Outside of that, I severely doubt SBu cares or is trying to turn up the heat to compete with BM, lol, lawd.

1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Some viewers would be Sam fans. You have to consider Jason fans, Sonny fans, Carly fans, and then your general audience fans. That probably took precedence. 

Which brings us back to Jason/Sonny/Carly never being allowed to be wrong or at fault for anything and that is no way to write an ensemble show. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think he just listens to what his fans want/what he mostly sees on social media. And I’m sure with the romantic department, it’s still JaSam. Outside of that, I severely doubt SBu cares or is trying to turn up the heat to compete with BM, lol, lawd.

Well I didn't mean just lustiness lol. Just more like "see we do have chemistry".

3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Which brings us back to Jason/Sonny/Carly never being allowed to be wrong or at fault for anything and that is no way to write an ensemble show. 

I’d include Sam in that, who has become everybody’s therapist/do-gooder/best mom when she should be in the middle of an affair with Drew or Jason.

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well I didn't mean just lustiness lol. Just more like "see we do have chemistry".

Can’t do that with an actress who gives you nada?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I’d include Sam in that, who has become everybody’s therapist/do-gooder/best mom when she should be in the middle of an affair with Drew or Jason.

It still can't compute how, even with all the speculative BTS goings-on, that the show has spectacularly bungled the Sam/Jason/Drew non-triangle in every way.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Well I did find it funny that last year..Billy appears shirtless on instagram with Kelly then Burton shows up two days later with his own shirtless photo.  So nothing would shock me.

The JaSam fanbase has been split in two.  I'm sure they are still the dominant fanbase for Jason romance, but I don't think it's an overwhelming one at this point.  I just wish they would have gotten it over with already because I think it's way past the time to move the characters on.  Seems that no one involved looked at the bigger picture and that tepid tedious reunion still hasn't happened!  UGH!!!

Edited by Hater
5 minutes ago, Hater said:

Well I did find it funny that last year..Billy appears shirtless on instagram with Kelly then Burton shows up two days later with his own shirtless photo.  So nothing would shock me.

The JaSam fanbase has been split in two.  I'm sure they are still the dominant fanbase for Jason romance, but I don't think it's an overwhelming one at this point.  I just wish they would have gotten it over with already because I think it's way past the time to move the characters on.  Seems that no one involved looked at the bigger picture and that tepid tedious reunion still hasn't happened!  UGH!!!

You'd think the show would have considered that when they brought SBu back and turned Billy into Drew, but I'm not sure they counted on the JaSam fandom not only splitting, but remaining split to this day. The ones that converted to Dream/Killy fans, the JaSam base isn't getting those fans back.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ulkis said:

Just one hook up to prove he can still bring the heat with KM (heh), and then he'd be okay with them dropping it.

Actors have been bringing the heat long before there were sex scenes on screen.  Look at Greta Garbo and John Gilbert.  SBu needs to step up his game if he wants to prove that he can still bring the heat because there has been zero heat between Jason and Sam to this point including that tepid cheek kiss today.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7

Hee. They showed Olivia and Kim at the Nurses Ball product placing Olay on the first episode of Joel McHale's show. After the clip McHale commented, "Hey, can one of you General Hospital doctors help my wife give birth? We've been here for hours! What could you possibly be doing that could be so important - ? Oooh, Olay Micro-Sculpting Cream!"

• Love 4