Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I also assume she was calling out both Vanessa and Shell Danielson, who I assume she claims knew all. It seems like she is alleging an abusive relationship with Saban which got her blackballed by his business colleagues like Moonves. Which would not shock me at all.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

As for MB she had a post a couple of months ago that MB and SB made twice as much as her, so in light of her (as she sees it) being forced to retire she just may be pissy with the guy. While I don't think MB or SB ever assaulted anyone there have been reports of them acting rather juvenily. There was the whole thing where they teased teen Lindze Letherman about her big boobs, for instance.

That's disgusting and pervy. She's only a few months older than I am! Ugh, poor Lindze. I think she was just shy of 19 when she left the show. 

• Love 3

Thanks @ouinason@ulkis and @jsbt.  It's all making better sense to me now.  

9 hours ago, ulkis said:

While I don't think MB or SB ever assaulted anyone there have been reports of them acting rather juvenily. There was the whole thing where they teased teen Lindze Letherman about her big boobs, for instance.

That?  Is disgusting.  I've never had a high opinion of either of these guys, on or off screen,  but that is particularly skeevy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

That?  Is disgusting.  I've never had a high opinion of either of these guys, on or off screen,  but that is particularly skeevy.

Not to mention, MB has daughters of his own. I don't imagine he'd be happy if someone treated one of his children like that.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, jsbt said:

I also assume she was calling out both Vanessa and Shell Danielson, who I assume she claims knew all. It seems like she is alleging an abusive relationship with Saban which got her blackballed by his business colleagues like Moonves. Which would not shock me at all.

I was the one who mentioned SD, not Sarah. It's totally possible, given her long association with Saban, that Sarah has beef with her too, but so far that's just me thinking out loud and acknowledging her similar GH/Saban connections that Sarah also shares. For all I know Shell has nothing to do with any of this. 

13 hours ago, Fellaway said:

There's a long list of comments from Maurice and to a lesser extent Burton that lack professionalism.

MB basically telling Marcil she was a bad actress when she started.  VM acts like this was AWESOME though, so who knows how it was delivered.

Telling LW to "hop on it" during a love scene. 

Apparently he even needed some time accepting Maura West and her ability to "act." 

The back handed comments the two use to make about the acting ability of Lisa Vultaggio, now Jonathan Jackson's wife.   

There's many many many stories.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7

A lot of actresses (and male actors too), when they start out on soaps, are bad. It's "entry-level" work on television, a step above commercials. Of course not everyone is going to hit the ground running as a master thespian. Demi Moore was terrible as Jackie, but then she was quite creditable in a number of films, beginning just a few years later. Vanessa Marcil wasn't as good as she would get within a couple years. Hayley Erin is much better now than she was when she took over Kiki. These women were all young beauties, of course, who looked right for the parts they had to play, and that's some of the battle.  Then, of course, there are young beauties who are still just as bad in middle age.  

Maybe she could take Benard's remark in stride because it's just the way it is sometimes. 

I don't know what to think of the Sarah Brown stuff. I'm sorry to hear she's retired from acting, and she's obviously easily inflamed right now about these issues. I just would need more corroboration before buying into her version of reality wholesale. Actresses over 40 never have the easiest row to hoe anyway, and Brown has a somewhat hard look about her. Maybe it's something she's trying to tell herself, that things have become more difficult because of powerful forces working in conspiracy to take her down? I can't imagine she's unique in having a bad relationship with Leslie Moonves. But I don't want to sound dismissive; I really don't know the ins and outs.  

Edited by Asp Burger
8 hours ago, UYI said:

I was the one who mentioned SD, not Sarah. It's totally possible, given her long association with Saban, that Sarah has beef with her too, but so far that's just me thinking out loud and acknowledging her similar GH/Saban connections that Sarah also shares. For all I know Shell has nothing to do with any of this. 

I know you mentioned her. What I'm saying is that given the linkages at GH I think it's unlikely to be a coincidence when Sarah claims Vanessa shouted out one of their then-spouses. OTOH it appears Sarah directly addressed Saban's wife, which is not Shell Danielson, so never mind.

5 hours ago, Hater said:

Apparently he even needed some time accepting Maura West and her ability to "act." 

That's a new one on me. Most of the others aren't. Though Sarah was apparently part of the clique openly mocking Lisa Vultaggio back in the day, IIRC.

I think Sarah's commentary has grown erratic in the last 24 hours and frankly I'm concerned. But do I doubt that Les Moonves interceded at CBS with her career over a personal vendetta, in this case against his friend and business partner? Absolutely not. The Cold Case debacle stunk at the time; now we know why. We also now know he's done it before, many times. Just ask Janet Jackson or Illeana Douglas.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't know what to think of the Sarah Brown stuff. I'm sorry to hear she's retired from acting, and she's obviously easily inflamed right now about these issues. I just would need more corroboration before buying into her version of reality wholesale. Actresses over 40 never have the easiest row to hoe anyway, and Brown has a somewhat hard look about her. Maybe it's something she's trying to tell herself, that things have become more difficult because of powerful forces working in conspiracy to take her down? I can't imagine she's unique in having a bad relationship with Leslie Moonves. But I don't want to sound dismissive; I really don't know the ins and outs.  

There were a bunch of women who just came forward saying he sexually harassed them, so she's definitely not the only one, even if that's not what she's talking about. 

11 hours ago, Hater said:

MB basically telling Marcil she was a bad actress when she started.  VM acts like this was AWESOME though, so who knows how it was delivered.

The quote Vanessa has used before is "You're cute, but you suck." Which is pretty fucking rich coming from the guy whose best known roles up to that point were Nico on All My Children and Desi Arnaz in a biopic on him and Lucy. Sonny had barely been expanded as a character when he and Vanessa started working together! Come off it, dude. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, LexieLily said:

GH had a going away party for Vinessa but they spelled her name wrong on the cake and apparently didn't notice.

This reminds me of a going-away party given for me where none of the baked goods were anything I'd eat. I was there less than a year, but come on. Nothing chocolate?

Poor VA. Someone could have scraped that a into an i.

• Love 5
On 9/7/2018 at 5:01 PM, LexieLily said:

GH had a going away party for Vinessa but they spelled her name wrong on the cake and apparently didn't notice.

That cake is just . . . pitiful. Did someone have a 6th grader at home with nothing to do, so the kid got told to make a goodbye cake?

• Love 3

"FAIRMAN: And as far as Peter goes?

KIRSTEN:  I have a soft spot for Wes.  I really do.

FAIRMAN: He’s been given a tough time by many fans of the show on social media.

KIRSTEN:  He has, and I think that’s unjustified.  I have really high expectations for my scene partner, because I know that when I’m going in there, I’ve prepared my dialogue, and I have a good sense of what I am going to bring to the table.  You should do that too as my or anybody’s scene partner,  because there are lots of soap actors out there who are not working anymore, who would be willing to put that type of work into this part.  With Wes, he respects acting so much that never in a million years would he not go to the set with that same mindset – if not more so than I have – and I think we have this mutual respect for each other on that level.  We are committed to our scenes, and kind of don’t really care what else is going on in the storyline at that moment.  For example, when he tells Maxie that he’s Henrik in the hospital and she is in a wheelchair, there were four or five other people in that scene who didn’t have dialogue, so there was chatting and laughing going on.  He just completely zoned in to what he was doing.   He just completely zoned in to what he was doing.  He was able to bring emotion and cry.  I texted him and was like, “I don’t even think I’m going to be noticed in those scenes.  Great job!  It’s good, because I didn’t like the way I looked in the wheelchair!”  I just adore him, and he and Laura Wright (Carly) could not be a cuter couple with each other.  She’s happy. They both are very happy, and they both are genuinely good people, and to anyone who has anything to say about the reason why Wes was hired, or his part in the show, I’ll say that he has a better work ethic than a lot of people who I have had the opportunity to work with throughout my career. He’s earned his place on the show, and if people just gave him a chance and step back from what they know goes on behind the scenes as far as his relationship Laura, they’ll be able to see how talented he is."

He does get a lot of flack, but he's just not that great. I think maybe if it weren't such a big role he wouldn't get as much shit.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Wow, he prepares for his scenes. That should be the bare minimum, though I know for GH it's the exception rather than the rule.

16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think maybe if it weren't such a big role he wouldn't get as much shit.

And if he hadn't been jammed down our throats. The business with Liesl holding him hostage went on way too long.

• Love 8

I just adore him, and he and Laura Wright (Carly) could not be a cuter couple with each other.  She’s happy. They both are very happy, and they both are genuinely good people, and to anyone who has anything to say about the reason why Wes was hired, or his part in the show, I’ll say that he has a better work ethic than a lot of people who I have had the opportunity to work with throughout my career. He’s earned his place on the show, and if people just gave him a chance and step back from what they know goes on behind the scenes as far as his relationship Laura, they’ll be able to see how talented he is."

And yet Kirsten is using "Laura's happy" as one of her reasons why he should be accepted.  But, wait, no, accept him because he's talented, not because of that.  Word salad, Kirsten, word salad.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And yet Kirsten is using "Laura's happy" as one of her reasons why he should be accepted.  But, wait, no, accept him because he's talented, not because of that.  Word salad, Kirsten, word salad.

I don't think that's what she's saying at all. She didn't say he and Laura are a cute couple so fans should accept. She was just saying that they're a cute couple to her.

29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't begrudge WR and LW their real-world happiness, but that's not a reason fans should accept a character they don't like, it's just not.

And hating on him simply because of who the actor is dating in real life is a lame reason to hate a character/actor IMO.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

He does get a lot of flack, but he's just not that great. I think maybe if it weren't such a big role he wouldn't get as much shit.

This. It's good that he's prepared and focused - but he's not charismatic and he's not particularly interesting. He's the soap male equivalent of unflavored tofu.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

This. It's good that he's prepared and focused - but he's not charismatic and he's not particularly interesting. He's the soap male equivalent of unflavored tofu.

This. And there’s no way I believe that the child of Anna Devane and Cesar Faison could ever be so completely devoid of charisma. Cheers to LWB for doing his job, but the casting department is slacking big time on this one. I won’t pretend I like the idea of the character in any way, but it feels particularly offensive that he’s such a whispery wet blanket. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't think that's what she's saying at all. She didn't say he and Laura are a cute couple so fans should accept. She was just saying that they're a cute couple to her.

And hating on him simply because of who the actor is dating in real life is a lame reason to hate a character/actor IMO.

15 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And the character's foundation was flawed from the start.  Fans were never going to be happy about FS with Anna, even if he wasn't played by LWB.

I don't know if Wes Ramsey is good or not. They had him tied to a bed for 94 weeks, to give Obrecht and Nina time to chew the scenery (like the never get to do that in ordinary settings), and the Boy Scout storyline only made it worse. I don't care whose lover he is in real life.

If they want the character to be accepted, they need to write him in a way that's more sympathetic. We already take Obrecht with a grain (shaker) of salt. I mean, the woman's done way worse than tie someone to a bed, and Nina's always unhinged (although I think we're supposed to see her as wise in her unhinge-ment). Obrecht was complicit in Robin Scorpio being missing for years. Don't expect me to break into tears on Peter's behalf, Kirsten Storms, or on Ramsey's. 

I'm always going to hate that Anna and Faison had a retconned son. They can't change that now. What they could change is to not write him as an utter douche to Anna. Simmering resentment would be one thing (and reasonable), as would struggling to come to accept the truth, a profound lack of trust, or being unable to connect with her, but Peter August is an adult, and they're writing him like a troubled teen, complete with a crush on his late brother's girl.

Adults can understand the explanation, "I thought I gave you up for adoption to a good family, to protect you from your other biological parent whom you already know to be a monster." Adoption hasn't been a rare, unspoken-of thing for the lifespan of Peter August, so his utter villainizing of Anna Fucking Devane is always going to be odious to watch. Not in a JR Ewing love-to-hate way. In a don't serve me shit and tell me it's chocolate way. 

Make the character matter, and I'll probably be able to appreciate Wes Ramsey's portrayal of him. 

• Love 3

Oh dear God...MB has been cast to play John Gotti in a Lifetime move.

from soap central:

there are certain actors who just ooze what it takes to realistically play mob characters and general Hospital’s Maurice Benard is right up there on the list alongside greats like marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci. Fans have always wanted to see him tackle the part of a mobster outside of Port Charles, and they’re about to get their wish.

Sorry Mo, but you can’t hold a candle to the real John Gotti!

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

from soap central:

there are certain actors who just ooze what it takes to realistically play mob characters and general Hospital’s Maurice Benard is right up there on the list alongside greats like marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci. Fans have always wanted to see him tackle the part of a mobster outside of Port Charles, and they’re about to get their wish.

????????????

Armand Assante already PLAYED Gotti in a television movie. And I believe John Travolta is playing him for the big screen?

What kind of CRACK are they smoking at Lifetme???

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

from soap central:

Just read this entire comment out loud to Mr TVEye and after making a face of disgust he said and I quote "who did he blow?". 

• Love 8

He actually played a gangster type a couple years ago in a small part on, I think, Castle.  I had been looking forward to it because I wanted to see what he could do in a different part on another show. Essentially, he was just Sonny in another show -- tics and all. 

• Love 1

John Gotti was a menacing and brutal person.  Maurice hasn't acted in 20 years.  Travolta was horrible as Gotti but I can't imagine Maurice doing anything better with the slurring and forgetting his lines.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, In2You said:

he won't be able to embody the role

He certainly can’t wear clothes the way Gotti did, that man was always impeccably dressed from head to toe. He had a presence. He commanded respect just by the way he carried himself. MB doesn’t possess any of those qualities. He seems like a really nice guy IRL but I don’t see him as an effective John Gotti. Or an effective anything for that matter. 

Edited by Sake614