Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Good grief, so depending on what time frame they showed an episode from, they could have to pay up to ten or twenty people?

Yep. But I think it's really, really cheap. I mean Burton made it sound like a dollar fifty (although for Burton cheap could be a hundred dollar)s. But it's probably much cheaper.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
Just now, ulkis said:

Yep. But I think it's really, really cheap. I mean Burton made it sound like a dollar fifty but for Burton cheap could be a hundred dollars.

Apropos of nothing, but did SBu get paid when Victor Cassadine used his picture (and it was an actual headshot of SBu) to convince Robin to come with him to unfreeze Helena and Stavros?

4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Apropos of nothing, but did SBu get paid when Victor Cassadine used his picture (and it was an actual headshot of SBu) to convince Robin to come with him to unfreeze Helena and Stavros?

Yes. I think that's why he mentioned it. They have to pay every time they show a picture too. I think? They definitely paid for that headshot, but the pictures of the Qs is always on the mantle and I can't think they pay Stuart Damon every time they show it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:
23 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Yes. I think that's why he mentioned it. They have to pay every time they show a picture too. I think? They definitely paid for that headshot, but the pictures of the Qs is always on the mantle and I can't think they pay Stuart Damon every time they show it.

Morgan picture with Michael is still up at Sonny's place.

The amount an actor receives for residuals depends on how much they earned in the first place and how many times the episode has been rerun.  I think they get something like 40-50% for the first rerun, with the percentage decreasing with each showing.   I think writers, directors, and other personnel involved also have to get paid. So it could get expensive. And as Ulkis mentioned, I think the rates for people under contract are less than those who aren’t.   But if SoapNet managed the costs with all those classic episode marathons they used to air, seems like ABC could make it work for the occasional rerun.

Maybe they just don’t want to highlight how much the quality has dropped over the years.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I must have missed the promo for Leslie Charleson's 40th anniversary last year. #eyeroll 

This is Leslie herself mentioning the anniversary, though, not the show. So it's not like the show's Twitter page mentioning it while otherwise treating it as an afterthought. 

9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Someone asked on Twitter why they can't rerun classic GH episodes and this was Nathan's response. I have no idea what he is supposed to mean with "talent costs"

Oh, and also, according to Nathan, the four-day block of scrapped episodes/airing of recent reruns has been "planned for months" because of the number of episodes they produce in a year; last year they didn't have to take additional encores because Trump interrupted so much. I don't understand it, either. 

Huh.  Because again, a few years ago when all the ABC soaps were reairing "classic episodes", they definitely aired some older ones.  Not, like, from way back in the day, but definitely in the '90s, IIRC.  So they might not be able to show, like, Laura's first appearance, but they could show some stuff when she was on the show in the '90s.

3 hours ago, UYI said:

This is Leslie herself mentioning the anniversary, though, not the show. So it's not like the show's Twitter page mentioning it while otherwise treating it as an afterthought. 

...but my point was, if there was a celebration last year for her 40th anniversary, it definitely didn't get the pomp and circumstance of Maurice's.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But if SoapNet managed the costs with all those classic episode marathons they used to air, seems like ABC could make it work for the occasional rerun.

That was likely a different kind of deal, and given that SoapNet was all about reruns, budgets were set accordingly. ABCD is cheaper than cheap these days, so I'm not surprised it's limiting reruns.

2 hours ago, Hater said:

Ya'll believe this shit? Trump not interrupting is why they are running re-runs.

I mostly do believe it. I'm sure they anticipate/schedule X number of preemptions for various reasons—holidays, breaking news, press conferences, etc.—and last year it did seem as if Trump interrupted a lot during GH airtime. There haven't been nearly as many in 2018.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I mostly do believe it. I'm sure they anticipate/schedule X number of preemptions for various reasons—holidays, breaking news, press conferences, etc.—and last year it did seem as if Trump interrupted a lot during GH airtime. There haven't been nearly as many in 2018.

Then what was the case when Trump wasn't President?  Did Obama interrupt as much as Trump did 2 years ago?  

2 minutes ago, Hater said:

Then what was the case when Trump wasn't President?  Did Obama interrupt as much as Trump did 2 years ago?  

Yeah, I don't know about that reasoning. Different affiliates interrupt more than others.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Hater said:

Ya'll believe this shit? Trump not interrupting is why they are running re-runs.

This is in no way a political statement in any way, shape or form, this is purely aimed at Varni : fuck you and DIAF.

If you paid any attention you talentless hack, pretty sure it's the networks who decide when they interrupt and why they interrupt unless it's some kind of national big deal related to politics.

Again, this has nothing to do with my personal political opinion, it has to do with the fact that most of the interruptions on my tv screen have been due more to weather related issues than anything, Varni just had to slip that in there, and in a stupidly worded way to remind us all that Trump equals bad, regardless. Way to help heal a heavily divided country.

I apologize to all my fellow posters, I'm just sick of stupid political mentions when it's really about a dying show and their inability to budget money correctly, like paying who knows what for Jason to come back and letting too many people with talent go to the wayside so we can keep the Mob Trio Who Eats The Show around till the last dying gasp of a show meant to be about Doctors, Nurses, and Hospitals.

I'm not too bitter about SBu's return, I swear I'm not/s

Again, I apologize to everyone. I am truly not interested in talking about politics, it's one of the best things about coming here, I can get away from all the endless political bickering nearly everywhere else cause you guys are the best and always make me laugh when I need it most.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

...but my point was, if there was a celebration last year for her 40th anniversary, it definitely didn't get the pomp and circumstance of Maurice's.

Oops. sorry. -_-

Tell-Tale TV’s Battle of the Ships 2018 (Round One)

The GH nominees with current votes

Category #1: TV Couple You’d Most Like to See Get Back Together:  Jason and Sam (General Hospital) (2%, 60 Votes)  Total Voters: 2,573

Category #2: TV Couple You Most Wish Could Have Gotten a Happy Ending:  Maxie and Nathan (General Hospital) (1%, 43 Votes)  Total Voters: 3,874

Category #5: Ship of the Year!:  Sonny and Carly (General Hospital) (0%, 6 Votes)    Total Voters: 4,306

5 hours ago, Hater said:

They'd have to pay me to get that thing.

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Category #5: Ship of the Year!:  Sonny and Carly (General Hospital) (0%, 6 Votes)  

::snerk::  Just where it should be.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Again, this has nothing to do with my personal political opinion, it has to do with the fact that most of the interruptions on my tv screen have been due more to weather related issues than anything,

Unless it was weather of such consequence that it made national news, it didn't have an effect on the schedule. If there's a tornado or a thunderstorm in my viewing area, we miss some or all of the episode and that's that; we have to look for it online, as the rest of the country had business as usual. But when ABC News itself cuts in, that's when things get off-kilter.  

• Love 2
On 8/17/2018 at 6:40 PM, Hater said:

It seems they are. According to the CafePress website, 

Our platform also offers the ability for customers to create their own individualized products, providing infinite possibilities. We have partnerships with major entertainment properties such as Marvel, Warner Brothers, 20th Century Fox, ABC, CBS, Peanuts and Pixar, which allows customers to celebrate beloved brands.

And if you don’t like the Corinthos Coffee mug, you can opt for this gem instead:

6812113E-0467-48FE-B20E-A81D0BE0DFB5.jpeg.83273423136a5df6e2167c3a019f3310.jpeg

They also have Team Jasam pajamas, a variety of Franco gifts and apparel (including a tasteful mug with blood splatters) and, I kid you not, a pair of pink women’s briefs that say “property of Jason Morgan” across the ass.  Don’t visit their site after eating; you’re liable to lose your lunch.

Edited by 30 Helens
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Stephen Martines (ex-saxophone-playing Nik Cassadine, obviously!) is still living life as a dirt ball.

Unless I missed something in the link, I think this was posted back when it came out.  We had a lot of discussion about it.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, bannana said:

Unless I missed something in the link, I think this was posted back when it came out.  We had a lot of discussion about it.

No, that one was about Martines wanting to do a movie about some man's son. This one is another story, this time about a woman he fleeced. He seems to make the rounds.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Neptune said:

One Year Later: Steve Burton On Holding Out Hope For That Jasam Reunion

https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/one-year-later-steve-burton-talks-holding-out-hope-for-a-jasam-reunion/

Ugh.  Burton can't string two words together and everything is just GREAT at GH these days.   He sounds like Laura Wright. 

Everyone is just waiting for that reunion, Steve?   Your co-star is so desperate for it as well!!!!

"Writers did an amazing job on the twin story."   HA!

FV must be loving this version of Burton, ass kissing and so much "loyalty" to the show these days.  Keep collecting that check, Steve.

“I loved that,” admits Burton. “That’s what Jason does. That’s who he is. If I don’t talk and I do action, it’s a great show.”   <----This about seems it up.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

“I loved that,” admits Burton. “That’s what Jason does. That’s who he is. If I don’t talk and I do action, it’s a great show.”   

So, never mind the other characters or plots. When he's there doing "action," he makes the show?

Humble guy.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Hater said:

Ugh.  Burton can't string two words together and everything is just GREAT at GH these days.   He sounds like Laura Wright. 

Everyone is just waiting for that reunion, Steve?   Your co-star is so desperate for it as well!!!!

"Writers did an amazing job on the twin story."   HA!

FV must be loving this version of Burton, ass kissing and so much "loyalty" to the show these days.  Keep collecting that check, Steve.

“I loved that,” admits Burton. “That’s what Jason does. That’s who he is. If I don’t talk and I do action, it’s a great show.”   <----This about seems it up.

What I got from that article: SBu wants Jason to be exactly the same as he was when he died, which is the entire problem. He also doesn't seem too interested in Jason bonding with his brother, when Drew got his entire life taken away from him twice because of Jason (twice, his Drew Cain life and his life with Sam) or reuniting with Sam. Basically, all he wants Jason to do is fight Carly's fights for her and kill people when Sonny tells him to.

• Love 5

Even MB pays lip service to wanting to be creatively challenged. SBu is saying, "I'm in this solely for the paycheck, and I'll do the bare minimum required."

Ugh. Kill Jason off permanently. The Borg isn't necessary.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Even MB pays lip service to wanting to be creatively challenged. SBu is saying, "I'm in this solely for the paycheck, and I'll do the bare minimum required."

Ugh. Kill Jason off permanently. The Borg isn't necessary.

Reboots are all the rage these days. Someone needs to reboot the awful "Out of This World" and snap Burton up!

• Love 1
On 8/19/2018 at 7:24 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Stephen Martines (ex-saxophone-playing Nik Cassadine, obviously!) is still living life as a dirt ball.

What in the bluedilly fuck?!

Just finished reading this during my lunch.....I always liked SM's Nik and it annoyed me when fans would call him Fish Taco, etc.  After reading this I feel so badly for everyone he scammed.  What page can I start reading everyone's comments?

What an asshole!

27 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Is she back together with Heath or is he like, the best ex ever?

Hard to say, she's stayed friends with him and claims to stay friends with her exes.  But that was some flowery display for him.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I can't believe someone would go an entire decade in chronic pain before doing something about it.  Girl...

People are stubborn sometimes, lol. 

She could have been afraid of the surgery because there is always a risk when you go under anesthesia.  Or maybe she thought she could tough it out.

A friend of mine had hip replacement surgery a couple of months ago.  My hip has been hurting for 7 years now but seeing what she's going through, I think I'll stick it out some more.)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2