Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

There is so much bad in here that I can't pick out the worst part. Frank actually thinking they are playing the Drew/Sam/Jason triangle properly. (Unless you retconned the parentage of Danny offscreen, Frank, Drew and Sam have ONE child. Not children!). Him basically admitting they hired Chloe and created Nelle based solely on the anniversary episode showing. Saying they didn't want to write Jordan off in a frivolous way because it wasn't fair to the audience after what they wrote for Laura and Dante. Calling Wes Ramsey a phenomenal actor and saying Peter will be around in Maxie's story.

But I think the worst one of all is calling Carly a good mother!

• Love 6

As someone noted on Twitter, it's impressive how many words it takes Frank Valentini to say nothing at all.  And apparently, he's like Oprah with the promises of big, major stories.  Laura gets a major story!  Ava gets a major story!  Kim gets a major story!

• Love 5
On 8/12/2018 at 10:45 PM, Asp Burger said:

I hope an example of the non-embarrassing Anna of her 2006-08 return is not the notorious scene of her advising Robin on her love life, which boiled down to "Let's face it, you're not going to have that many hot guys chasing after you."  

Nope. I think Anna/FH is consistently at her best when she's in scenes with Tristan Rogers, Kimberly McC and also John Y. York.  Anna was hilarious one night at the docks, when she told Robert (while Robin was standing right there) to make Patrick pay for breaking her heart. Fast forward to Robin's wedding day. Anna and Robert are in the church, and Anna expresses regret for having kept Robin hidden from Robert for the first few years of her life. Robert said, "Water under the bridge." Anna responded, "Yes, but it's my bridge."  It's those genuine moments that connect with the character's true on-screen history and attachment to other long-term characters, that are not embarrassing - they are great.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, I get it, that's his job, to spin.  But something about this interview in particular (maybe because Michael Fairman was actually poking back slightly?) read as really disingenuous.

His spinning is so lame. He loves all the actors, it's sad when they leave, big stories on the horizon for everyone. Zzz. He says that every time.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:
So he's been on 25 years like this is a BFD? How many others on this show have made that number & what did they get? Bupkus.

Stuart Damon was Alan Quartermaine for over 30 years.  Want to know what they gave him?  The boot. Leslie Charlson has been Monica for 40 years now.  Nothing.  GF has been Laura for how many years?  Certainly more than Sonny has been around.  All she gets is jerked around. Why the love for Sonny and MB?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

. Why the love for Sonny and MB?

I have been asking myself that question for years.  Also for Tony Geary and SBu.

I guess MB deserves acknowledgement because Sonny has been a tentpole of the show for years.  I wish he weren't though. That should have gone to a Quartermaine. Or a Hardy.

• Love 8
On 8/14/2018 at 10:01 AM, nkotb said:

Also, pretty ballsy of MB's daughter to call her dad #GOAT, when he's standing a few feet away from RFS!

I mean, it's her dad, I expect her to say that. I'll cut her some slack here. 

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Frank: [LWB] is a phenomenal actor.

Me: giphy.gif

I mean, I always thought he was good actor on GL. *shrug*

• Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also for Tony Geary

Tony Geary helped put GH on the map. (The lack of credit that GF—or any of the women—gets is gross, and a separate issue.) MB/Sonny? Not so much. Sonny evolved into the male lead, but a lot of that was by default because of TG's increasing absences. TG changed how soaps are seen. MB didn't do that at all.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But phenomenal?  Phenomenal in those repetitive cabin scenes?

I didn't see those.

And yes, "phenomenal" was probably overstating things a bit. My crush on him as a 12 year old girl in 2001 probably clouded my judgment a bit back then, but I always liked him on GL. 

But true, "phenomenal" is probably the wrong word here. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But phenomenal?  Phenomenal in those repetitive cabin scenes?

What is Frank supposed to say? "Wes Ramsey's performance was very acceptable, especially in those repetitive cabin scenes." This is no different from saying everyone is getting a big story come fall. It's same dumb spinning.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Tony Geary helped put GH on the map. (The lack of credit that GF—or any of the women—gets is gross, and a separate issue.) MB/Sonny? Not so much. Sonny evolved into the male lead, but a lot of that was by default because of TG's increasing absences. TG changed how soaps are seen. MB didn't do that at all.

Agreed. Maurice gets treated the same way on set though. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What is Frank supposed to say? "Wes Ramsey's performance was very acceptable, especially in those repetitive cabin scenes." This is no different from saying everyone is getting a big story come fall. It's same dumb spinning.

I know, you're right.  I just wanted to post that gif of Fallon slapping the spit out of Steven. ;)

• Love 2
23 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Anybody else notice that his placement in front of the network logo gave him devil horns? 

I can't unsee it now.

Edited by rur
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I know, you're right.  I just wanted to post that gif of Fallon slapping the spit out of Steven. ;)

Is that who those two are? I forever have old-school Dynasty in my head as my mom loved it, so...

Topic? GH is still an incomprehensible mess and Frank does word salad perfectly.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Is that who those two are? I forever have old-school Dynasty in my head as my mom loved it, so...

Yup, from the reboot.  It's one of the best soap slaps I've ever seen, Fallon doesn't break stride once,  Although Ava's double slap on Griffin this week is up there.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, he changed how I see soaps.  He made me stop watching, as a result.  But, I don't know if that's something to brag about...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Hater said:

GH is not airing new episodes from 8/29-9/3  (Labor Day)

Thoughts?

They usually don't do new episodes on Holidays or the surrounding Days. The other soaps do

21 minutes ago, In2You said:

They usually don't do new episodes on Holidays or the surrounding Days. The other soaps do

This is 4 days though. Not just Labor Day. Not a good sign imo. This hasn’t happened recently. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Hater said:

This is 4 days though. Not just Labor Day. Not a good sign imo. This hasn’t happened recently. 

Well they started doing this for Christmas awhile ago so it's spreading to other holidays now

8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't think they even skip four episodes at Christmas.

I don't believe they do either.    Seems like money is getting tighter and tighter.  

This thing with the reruns reminds of, I think it was 2010 or 2011, where all the ABC soap started airing a "classic" episode like on a Wednesday once a month, a definite budget cutting move.  It didn't last long, IIRC.

I guess the KFC and Clorox money didn't help.  Well, they used Clorox to sponsor "supercouple" and can't miss Jacrap episodes! I still maintain the show is the worst it's ever been.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

Given that Labor Day weekend is the last gasp of summer, I'm not so surprised they're rerunning shows around it. Might as well save the new episodes for a time when people are more likely to watch. The ratings are so bad I can't believe this will affect them, heh.

• Love 1

I might be alone on this one, but if they are going to air reruns, I'd rather it be episodes from a while ago rather than just a week or even a month ago. Or maybe out together a clip show that features the best of the Quartermaine family, the Spencers, or something that traced the family tree from Dr. Hardy down to Elizabeth. I don't need to see an episode form 3 weeks ago. Heck, I bet I can still get some of these OnDemand, anyway.

• Love 5

I agree.  Like, why not start promoting Genie Francis' return by using those rerun dates to run a block of classic Laura episodes.  Or even - barf - following up MB's anniversary with some classic Sonny episodes.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I agree.  Like, why not start promoting Genie Francis' return by using those rerun dates to run a block of classic Laura episodes.  Or even - barf - following up MB's anniversary with some classic Sonny episodes.

100% this.

Instead we'll probably get that ~classic of Jason breaking Carly out of Ferncliffe.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 6

No, No, it was her true love Jason who saved her.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, god, I just had a horrible thought: what if ABC decides to dump their "best of Jason and Sam" episodes on us?

At least then they would know if JaSam sells or not.

1 hour ago, Hater said:

I think they are re-airing the Nathan death/funeral.  The funeral episode was the highest rated this year.

No, it was the lowest rated episode that week I remember. I guess they are just re-airing them because they thought they were well done?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Someone asked on Twitter why they can't rerun classic GH episodes and this was Nathan's response. I have no idea what he is supposed to mean with "talent costs"

Oh, and also, according to Nathan, the four-day block of scrapped episodes/airing of recent reruns has been "planned for months" because of the number of episodes they produce in a year; last year they didn't have to take additional encores because Trump interrupted so much. I don't understand it, either. 

Edited by LexieLily
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Someone asked on Twitter why they can't rerun classic GH episodes and this was Nathan's response. I have no idea what he is supposed to mean with "talent costs"

Oh, and also, according to Nathan, the four-day block of scrapped episodes/airing of recent reruns has been "planned for months" because of the number of episodes they produce in a year; last year they didn't have to take additional encores because Trump interrupted so much. I don't understand it, either. 

They have to pay any actors who appear in the old episodes who aren't on the show anymore. (Which is why cheapo Frank once blurred JJ/Lucky in a flashback they showed once.) Steve Burton said once it was something ridicuously low though. Who knows, I'd say more like they probably just don't to have to identify and pay every actor who appeared in the old episodes. I wouldn't want to do it lol. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2