Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, jsbt said:

They had another pairing planned for Rachel on OLTL post-Greg, but the show and network chose to drop both characters.

Schuyler, right?  So who brought the axe down, the network or the show?  Because again, it seems weird to me that, when that pairing failed, the legacy character got the immediate boot while this newbie nobody was allowed to float around for a few more months.  Although maybe Rachel had to go because they knew they were about to Ross-en Schuyler for Rex/Gigi and wanted anyone who might say something nice about him off-screen?

Annnyway, yeah, it's not like I miss Dillon, I like Detective Chase, and I'd be interested in seeing him and Kiki chem tested, or seeing him revealed to be a bisexual ex of Lucas'.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I just can't be bothered to give a shit about anything in GH's gay canvas when they're almost never seen. What is there to invest in?

And yes, it was Schuyler. They set it up onscreen and had a triangle with the three characters mentioned in print in spring previews, then both actors were abruptly fired. I think it was a combination of the network and FV choosing to purge the gays and that whole end of the canvas because the Kish storyline had tanked some of the ratings and they wanted to hire more Ford hunks to reposition the show.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I just can't be bothered to give a shit about anything in GH's gay canvas when they're almost never seen. What is there to invest in?

And yes, it was Schuyler. They set it up onscreen and had a triangle with the three characters mentioned in print in spring previews, then both actors were abruptly fired. I think it was a combination of the network and FV choosing to purge the gays and that whole end of the canvas because the Kish storyline had tanked some of the ratings and they wanted to hire more Ford hunks to reposition the show.

But jsbt, the progressive and groundbreaking work of Shelly Altman! #alltheyerolls

Siiigh, Schuyler and Rachel would have been great together too, their friendship was so sparkily.

• Love 1

I'll be the nice person who says that if it makes her happy, cool. I remember watching her on OLTL when I was a pre-teen, and even though her acting ability diminished as she got older, she's only two years younger than me, so I still have a soft spot for her. It was probably a good thing for her to step away from it for a few years, after having been in the business for so long (this would have been her 20th anniversary on OLTL, had the show survived and she stayed on--she joined in early 1998, when she was just shy of seven years old).

...And now I have to come back with something mean and snarky to say so you guys don't get mad at me. ;)

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, UYI said:

...And now I have to come back with something mean and snarky to say so you guys don't get mad at me. ;)

UYI, has anyone yelled at you for not being snarky? Even the most cynical posters squee about something occasionally.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

UYI, has anyone yelled at you for not being snarky? Even the most cynical posters squee about something occasionally.

I just always want to be careful. :)

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Great to hear she's diving back into acting...

n0sIDY3.gif&key=ff9f50c43e88563d1adf1bc3

She can always dive right back into Philadelphia real estate if she needs to. ;)

2 hours ago, UYI said:

The GH Twitter feed's whole zip code tends to be tone deaf. This is par for the course for them. 

I'd almost think the social-media folks are trolling Frank, but he's too involved for that to be the case. Regardless, the show's Twitter feed is always a mess.

• Love 2

LW and Wes Ramsey were on The Kitchen (a show on Food Network) just now and it was so dumb. They didn't have much to say, LW talked over him when Wes wanted to speak, and they didn't cook anything. (Usually the "guest stars" have some connection to food and cook something.) They just watched the hosts cook, tasted, and drank cocktails.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

LW and Wes Ramsey were on The Kitchen (a show on Food Network) just now and it was so dumb. They didn't have much to say, LW talked over him when Wes wanted to speak, and they didn't cook anything. (Usually the "guest stars" have some connection to food and cook something.) They just watched the hosts cook, tasted, and drank cocktails.

Probably just a way for LW to get some attention with her "man" and get her name out there.  No one knows who they are.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Didn't LW and her ex-husband have a vineyard or something? Maybe he got that in the divorce settlement. 

Yes they did. 

I still find it so bizarre that they're divorced and she's with WR now. They knew each other since high school in Clinton, MD; he followed her from the New York soaps all the way out West to GH. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

These people were on “The Kitchen” and didn’t cook? Why were they on then? I get so tired of this show having people on who just want to promote something. I do like people who actually, you know, cook or write a cookbook or have a restaurant. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

These people were on “The Kitchen” and didn’t cook? Why were they on then? I get so tired of this show having people on who just want to promote something. I do like people who actually, you know, cook or write a cookbook or have a restaurant. 

I don't even think they were promoting anything based on Lexie's post.  I mean, are they promoting an event?  The show itself?  The anniversary episode passed.  Again, my personal belief, LW wants her name and "man" out there so she wiggled her ass onto the show.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Yeah I watch that show occasionally and there's no point in being their if you're not a cook who can offer a recipe.

4 hours ago, Hater said:

I don't even think they were promoting anything based on Lexie's post.  I mean, are they promoting an event?  The show itself?  The anniversary episode passed.  Again, my personal belief, LW wants her name and "man" out there so she wiggled her ass onto the show.  

Yeah, no, they didn't promote anything. Sonny Anderson (one of the hosts) did mention they were from General Hospital but that was it and it was a small mention. 

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Yeah, no, they didn't promote anything. Sonny Anderson (one of the hosts) did mention they were from General Hospital but that was it and it was a small mention. 

Thanks.  So they were just randomly on that show with no cooking experience. Amusing.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

There is something unseemly about how back pat-y this promo is:

Also?  Way to leave out that you used your Alzheimer's story to introduce more mob shit, Show.

I cracked up that the shots of Sonny are of him looking peevish and put upon. Because of course he's the one most affected by Mike's Alzheimer's, not Mike himself.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

There is something unseemly about how back pat-y this promo is:

Also?  Way to leave out that you used your Alzheimer's story to introduce more mob shit, Show.

Soap Twitter detectives did reverse searches on all those Twitter handles that were writing all those tweets that patted themselves on the back, and none of those handles actually exist except Maria Shriver.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1

I was just reading about this on Twitter.  Apparently the accounts do exist, but whoever on their social media team put this together left the time stamp (i.e. 1w, 2d) on the end of the handles lol.

• Love 1

I’m sorry that Leslie Charleston has injured herself walking her dog. That’s a serious injury at her age and I hope she has a quick recovery. I won’t say I’m sorry that she’s being replaced temporarily because I don’t think she’s a good actress anymore. The heavy breathing and plastic surgery has taken me out of her role as Monica because I remember her from many years of being really great in that role. 

• Love 2

Patty McCormack? As in Bad Seed Patty McCormack? That's actually pretty cool. I hope she's doing well.

(Trivia: The late Patty Duke--born Anna Marie Duke--was given her stage name by her abusive managers as a child, in hopes that she would have similar success as McCormack did with The Bad Seed. They supposedly introduced the idea by telling Duke, then around age seven: "Anna Marie is dead, you are Patty now." Yep.) 

Edited by UYI

Wasn't Hall in that god-awful episode where the new PickleLila was introduced on The Spew and all of the chefs...spewed?

Perhaps she'll be asking Olivia for her famous lasagna recipe and then end up with food poisoning, resulting in more barf. Like Ned/Ted, there's always room for repetition of a tired theme on GH!

• Love 1