Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Interesting, I didn't encounter Kelly Rutherford until she was on "Melrose Place" as Meghan and then when she was Cotton Weary's girlfriend in "Scream 3".

But yeah, the description of the show says something about a murder so HE's character could float in and out in flashbacks or something, like on original PLL in the beginning when one of the girls was "dead", especially since Freeform is in the ABC family.

On the other hand, it does feel like the show doesn't know what to do with Kiki.  She pops up to be a bitch to Ava or creeped on Dr. Bensch by or a talk-to for someone, but that's kinda it.  So I could see her being dropped to recurring or HE peacing out for primetime work in general.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Interesting, I didn't encounter Kelly Rutherford until she was on "Melrose Place" as Meghan and then when she was Cotton Weary's girlfriend in "Scream 3".

Yeah. I saw her in those too, and some other stuff, but I always think of her as Sam Whitmore. She rocked that "troublemaker with a good heart deep down" type, and managed to make the clothes of an unfortunate era look glamorous. Generations was little-watched, but the people who did watch it tend to remember it fondly. Many talented young people got early exposure on it, and it had good veteran presences too. I hate to think people were scared off because they thought it was exclusively "the black soap," but that might have hurt it.  

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hope she ordered a lobster and stuck him with the check?

She also tweeted that, for what it's worth. It's classy of her to try to fix the PR disaster that she in no way caused, but what do you bet Frank told her to do that?

• Love 2

We know Frank was the one to hire Laura Wright's boyfriend. (Right?). Is it completely up to the writers what they choose to write for the character? Even if it was mandated to make LWB Faison's son with Anna, there must have been a way to write that specific story that didn't destroy Anna's character.

• Love 1

I don't blame GF for saying that but come on. If she meant that she would have tweeted it before this lunch. She could have been a little less obvious with the asskissing. Wait a day or two.

She looks gorgeous in that picture.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

We know Frank was the one to hire Laura Wright's boyfriend. (Right?). Is it completely up to the writers what they choose to write for the character? Even if it was mandated to make LWB Faison's son with Anna, there must have been a way to write that specific story that didn't destroy Anna's character.

We know Frank did the hiring because he and/or Wes Ramsey told the story in some interview about them running into each other in the parking lot or whatever.

On the other matter, I'm not sure.  I mean, I assume the writers have to pitch their stories to higher ups, right?  It does seem like CVE is a Faison fan, based on his Twitter.

28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She looks gorgeous in that picture.

Which, not for nothing, is from the Nurses' Ball last year, you can see the logo in the pic's corner.

It's pretty telling only one of those actors is still a regular on the show today.

I don't believe for a second FV had nothing to do with GF going recurring. He's the frickin' executive producer. I wonder why GF tweeted that. It wouldn't have been a slight if she'd said nothing.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's pretty telling only one of those actors is still a regular on the show today.

I don't believe for a second FV had nothing to do with GF going recurring. He's the frickin' executive producer. I wonder why GF tweeted that. It wouldn't have been a slight if she'd said nothing.

WORD. And I covet that fedora that Finola is wearing! Me WANT!

Genie has always been classy, and never believed in burning her bridges. Though I do have to wonder why she is saying this NOW instead of when she got fired? Or did she quit? I can't remember.

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

WORD. And I covet that fedora that Finola is wearing! Me WANT!

Genie has always been classy, and never believed in burning her bridges. Though I do have to wonder why she is saying this NOW instead of when she got fired? Or did she quit? I can't remember.

She wouldn't take the scraps they offered her. I think she is happy that she didn't have an EP that told her to lose weight or can her for wanting the same goodies that TG got. 

• Love 1

You know, when it starts with the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity smugly clinking glasses, that this promotional video for the 55th anniversary is gonna be garbage:

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

You know, when it starts with the Sonny/Carly/Jason smugly clinking glasses

And it ends with Jason and Carly hugging. Still, we got Sam shoving Sonny into that pit, so there's that.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

You know, when it starts with the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity smugly clinking glasses, that this promotional video for the 55th anniversary is gonna be garbage:

Apparently this was originally the network promo shown to the industry folks at the TCA's back in January (minus the scenes prior to 2017).  The lazy slug FV merely tacked on the old scenes and repackaged it as the anniversary promo.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Neptune said:

Sure, put up the picture of Tristan and Maurice. That'll get me titillated. 

Because I didn't cut school back in 1988 to see who would get to Anna first, Robert or Duke (the answer was Robert). 

Because I didn't tape gravelly reception that semester in 1991 just so I could at least hear what was happening with Anna and Robert. 

Because I didn't root -- for years -- and religiously watch this d@mn show just to see Anna and Robert.

Nope. None of that happened. 

Idiots. Catering to their own freakin' egos. And not having one scintilla of understanding as to what their 18-162-yr old  (sorry, but daytime shows skew older, no matter how much TPTB salivate over the potential younger viewers) mainly female audience wants. 

So not here for the boys' club. So not here for Robert to be in Sonny's orbit.  So not here for the crumbs. 

Catch ya on the flip side, RXS. 

• Love 9

I love Billy but he really didn't have much material outside of the end of the year when Burton returned.  I know he said he submitted the Scout stuff.  But it's okay since it makes me laugh he gets the nomination for playing "iconic" Jason Morgan.  HA!!!!

Same with Laura Wright.  Her nomination is a yearly thing, for doing what exactly?  She snarled at Nelle this year?  Whoopie do!

• Love 1

I'm hoping you give Franco another chance. It's easy to dismiss the character as horrible, but if you take all the complexities added by Howarth's superb portrayal, Franco can be a goldmine of comedy, angst and yes–redemption.

I think it's too late to redeem Franco, and the show needs to stop trying. 

• Love 11

Then, it was revealed he and Drew (Billy Miller) were raised together and possibly abused by the horrible Jim Harvey (Greg Evigan). Will this finally do the trick? Todd's sins seemed to be forgiven when his past abuse came out.

Gross. I figured that's what they were doing. At some point they really need to come to terms with the fact that Franco IS. NOT. Todd.

I do wonder whether anybody in the writers room brought up the fact that the molester story undermines their tumor excuse? And that this excuse is actually worse since the tumor allowed him to claim that he couldn't control his actions.

Or is the tumor supposed to be responsible for the SERIAL KILLING and the molestation is responsible for all the rest of his pre- and post-tumor shittiness?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Oh goodie. Is Elizabeth going to get to hi-jack Franco molestation storyline and make it all about her like Franco got to with with revisiting her rape? While I think Rebecca Herbst can do it better, my thinking is no. You know, GH didn't let child molestation serve as a get out of free card for Ryan Chamberlin or even Kevin Collins in the 90s. That is why it was good. (sigh Lucy and Kevin sigh)

• Love 3

Abuse is not a redemption, it's at best an explanation for how the character thinks.  I wish people would get that straight.  Todd was not redeemed by the fact that his dad beat the shit out of him.  He did his time, apologized and tried to move the fuck on.  That's not redemption. 

An explanation of how a person came to do what they did is not redeeming.  I only know of one actual character on a soap who raped someone and redeemed himself to become a good man, and that was Jack on DAYS, and it took YEARS.

• Love 1

Pretty damned pathetic that the show has to use a picture of characters/actors no longer in the cast because they were the last characters to have any prominence as doctors. About a decade ago.

On General Hospital.

• Love 6

I'm not sure what makes me more murderous, Laura Wright's Boyfriend being in this promo (yes, yes, there's also other more recent additions, but his being there...GRRRR!) or it ending with Frank: 

On the plus side?  Official confirmation Lynn Herring's back for the anniversary, yay!

55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm not sure what makes me more murderous, Laura Wright's Boyfriend being in this promo (yes, yes, there's also other more recent additions, but his being there...GRRRR!)

I didn't mind it. I liked that we got vets and newbies, though most of the vets shown are recurring, which rather dramatically undercuts the point they're trying to make.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't mind it. I liked that we got vets and newbies, though most of the vets shown are recurring, which rather dramatically undercuts the point they're trying to make.

Isn't the longest running vet on contract MB? He wasn't in the clip.

8 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I will say that it was mostly right, but I have to disagree about the point about Sonny and Jason somehow being "better" than Franco. It is the Franco's fans only valid point that justifies Franco exsistence. For one thing, we have seen Sonny kill an innocent person, AJ and he now walks around like he is the second coming. And while the people that Sonny and Jason have killed, together and seperately haven't exactly been girl of boy scouts, they were not justified into repeatdly taking the law into their own hands to hunt down, kidnap and kill whoever was in their way at the time. 

I actually think the write up didn't go deep enough of how much damage the Franco character has done to Liz. Liz wasn't some sweet angelic good girl when the show decided to foist Franco on her, she had just come from a devasting fall from grace with the whole Jake-is-Jason cover up she partook in. So instead of rehabing her character, they decide to use Becky Herbst's magic to make Franco acceptable. That is why I am pretty embitted about the rape revisit storyline. It would have been the ideal time to examine Liz's decision making and her bad patterns. Instead it was all about Franco. She had a less of a point of view than when the rape actually occurred, and Liz was relatively new to the canvas. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

At least those other actors weren't cast because they were dropping the leading lady off at work and ran into the executive producer by the elevator or whatever.

I just...I can't stand his face.  GRRRR!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

At least those other actors weren't cast because they were dropping the leading lady off at work and ran into the executive producer by the elevator or whatever.

I just...I can't stand his face.  GRRRR!

I'm not watching now, but I'll admit it breaks my heart a bit to hear this. I loved Wes Ramsey SO much as Sam on Guiding Light. 12 year old me in 2001 had SUCH a crush on him. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Nina became the next person Franco serenaded to with “You changed me. You made me better. I didn’t know who I was until I met you.” Blah blah blah.

How else do we know it's twu wuv? Does anyone really buy this crap anymore? I don't want to be responsible for someone else that way—do your own emotional heavy lifting, pal—but maybe it's just me.

• Love 3

They do that spiel with Franco literally every fucking time, going back to Carly. It's just a repurposed speech Howarth's Todd on OLTL gave over and over for the last 20+ years. I'm so sick of it.

• Love 5