Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

AHHHHHHHHHH! I can’t contain my EXCITEMENT!!!!! Just read on Twitter that ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO!!!!! RETURNS!!! March 19!!!!!!

Returns to work, I think he said. I suppose he would appear a couple of months after that.

"we want to be able to service the talents of Genie and we don’t want to just have any tiny little story where she kind of blends into the background. We want a Laura-centric story."

This is the same thing they always say. We love Genie Francis! Laura's important! And they screw them both over every. single. time. I hope if GF does return, she insists on an iron-clad contract that gives her everything she wants.

• Love 9

Someone please decode the Nathan Varni quotes about Genie Francis for me. I mean, they had her on contract, then they moved her to recurring. She was in a big story about the mayoral election and being a newly married woman and suddenly she was off to France.  Who's decision was it to institute these changes? Varni acts like a victim of circumstance. These were choices made by people in charge. Get her back-quick!!! She is one of the main reasons the show got to have 14,000 episodes. 

• Love 3

From the Paevey interview:

“The stuff in the hospital was so well-written. I was really amazed and, to be honest, honored they wrote it for me. Plus, they managed to get me out of my shirt one last time. Couldn’t leave without that!”

Hee. It's nice he has a sense of humor about that.

I'm bummed the #TBT photos of Ricky Martin don't include a hair toss.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/28/2018 at 9:27 PM, ulkis said:

1) How pathetic is it that ABC SID has to to spin a story out of quotes an executive gave to some rinky-dinky fan podcast.

2) Varni's comments are pure BS spin.  I mean, they didn't want her in some "tiny little story"?  Didn't we hear that Frank only wanted to use her 12 times ALL YEAR?  Just...even a "I can't comment on that" would have been a better answer.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

The most famous child star turned adult veteran in daytime history is 40 years old today. *sniff*

Yes, I'm referring to GH's very own Kimberly McCullough. 

Saw this one posted on another board. An interview with Lindsey Morgan(ex Kristina Corinthos-Davis) where she talks about her time on GH.

https://styleverifymag.com/v3/lindsey-morgan-interview-3/

upload-1cc7f2b0-1fce-11e8-abc7-25fb73121
I remember I had a low point when I was working on a soap opera, General Hospital, five years ago, It was my first real job, and it was so overwhelming. You would work five days a week and have to learn sometimes up to 30 pages of new dialogue a night, then have one take to shoot it all, THE NEXT DAY. It was like performing a new play each DAY, with high emotional stakes and situations. I was playing a character that was very far from who I am as a person. So, it was always more work to understand her and justify her, but I had also replaced an actress (common soap opera protocol), so I was receiving so much internet hate and scrutiny from fans who loved the girl who played her before me. I understand it all NOW, but at the age of 22, when I already felt lost and awkward and insecure and thrown into this demanding job, I was sinking.
I became super stressed, depressed and miserable because I thought I was terrible at my job when I could not perform flawlessly every day, every scene. I gained weight, my face broke out, I stopped sleeping... but I suffered in silence. I never told anyone how unhappy I was because I was also grateful I had a job versus so many people that didn't. I did not think I was allowed to be miserable, but I was overworked, sleep-deprived and just lost.
I remember when they let me go due to cast change (and maybe because I was terrible). I cried in my car and had this very intense anxiety attack of "oh my god, I do not have a job anymore." "I have to start auditioning again," "what if I never get another role?" "What if I am terrible?" "they fired me; no one will hire me." "And I should just quit, I should just go back home, what am I even doing here?!" I had dropped out of college and moved to LA at 20, and knew I had to make it or it would be a major disappointment to my family.

I did quit acting, in the end, I stopped for an hour. I gave up right there in my car and thought I would do something else, go back to school somehow and figure it out. Then I cried it all out, and an intense calm came over me. I realized I could not quit, I would have to make something work, I would have to work harder and get better, and I could not give up on myself. I was in control here, and it was my life, my dream.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The internet can really suck sometimes.

Some "loyal" fans do the most. I remember the hate for her being so over the top.  And not only were some folks tweeting her mean things about her acting but I remember comments like she's too latina/too brown to play Kristina. And she had to defend herself against those comments and remind folks that MB is latino too as is Sonny. 

You don't have to like every actor but there's no reason to directly send them hateful messages.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I got three wrong. The first two, and the number of Emmys TG has won. I'm okay with that.

I got the second one wrong, the Ice Princess one wrong (THAT one pissed me off--I should have read it more carefully!), and I gave Tony two more Emmys than he had. I'm actually kind of upset about that one; I'm good at memorizing the number awards won by people or shows, for better or worse.

And the first one was easy for me. I love to memorize dates like that. 

Edited by UYI

Too bad she got so much hate, but she was a TERRIBLE Kristina.

I gave Tony two more Emmys than he had.

I got it right, but I totally guessed.  The one I got wrong was the show not actually giving the location as Port Charles until 1976.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I got it right, but I totally guessed.  The one I got wrong was the show not actually giving the location as Port Charles until 1976.

I got that wrong, too! I should have known that! My trivia powers have failed me. Sigh.

Today is Jackie Zeman's 65th birthday. The fact that was I slightly surprised that she's only 65 only illustrates how much her plastic surgery has aged her. :(

But she's Dlisted's top Birthday Slut today, so that's cool!

http://dlisted.com/2018/03/06/birthday-sluts-1853/

• Love 1
On 3/6/2018 at 10:07 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

I think the writing had a lot to do with it, though that might just be my hindsight as I love her on The 100.  

• Love 3
On 3/6/2018 at 10:07 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah. It might have been easier for her if RC hadn't immediately dropped a complete newbie into a front-burner storyline and she hadn't been dealing with FV's shooting schedule - but i don't think it was the role. I think she was new and she just wasn't a very good soap actress. But soaps are difficult, and she's apparently better on network television.

• Love 1

Even experienced actors are shocked at the insanely fast pace of soaps, so I have a lot of sympathy for everyone on that front. Emme Rylan's daytime experience was a big reason she was hired to be Lulu, IIRC. They wanted someone who could hit the ground running, and she could.

(edited)

Not like writing for Kristina was solid. Whining about parents buying you into an ivy league school like tons of rich kids don't have families do the same, And pining after a guy she barely knew like a lovesick teen. She wasn't even leading that storyline it was mostly about Connie and Trey. 

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Even experienced actors are shocked at the insanely fast pace of soaps, so I have a lot of sympathy for everyone on that front. Emme Rylan's daytime experience was a big reason she was hired to be Lulu, IIRC. They wanted someone who could hit the ground running, and she could.

They want people who can memorize lines. Strong acting skills be damned. There's people worse who have been on soaps longer. Lexi wasn't good her last run as Kristina. And her recent acting on Major Crimes was terrible. 

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1

I also watch Y&R, sadly. This pairing of Liz and Franco reminds me of the pairing of Billy and Phyllis on that show. The writers seemed determined (!) to cram these couple down our throats whether we like it or not. I’m not sure why they can’t get it that we don’t like these couples, haven’t bought into them and never will. I guess the writers/TPTB are bound and determined to make them “something”. They’re something, all right.

• Love 2

I still kind of wish we knew what happened between him and Kelly T. I think it's kind of cool that, after how public they were on social media with their relationship, that their breakup was so quiet, but I'm curious if they ever reunited at some point later or something. 

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Bryan Craig got cast in a pilot, so phew, no Morgs for a while:

http://deadline.com/2018/03/grand-hotel-anne-winters-bryan-craig-cast-abc-drama-pilot-1202315964/

Quoting myself, I wanted to note that this pilot will also co-star Denise Tontz, who was one of the young stars of the PP AMC.  So there's a chance we'll see Morgan Corinthos and Miranda Montgomery make out lol.

• Love 1

If HE does leave, they should bring back Dillon, give them a quick reunion, and have them head out of town together.  And then they can bring in Serena to fill out that age group. #iwish

• Love 6
(edited)

Not sure how I feel about this. I like HE, but Lauren is terrible. If they kill her off, we’ll have to listen to Ava shriek and rage. No, thank you. But a recast? Sigh.

I know TPTB always forget but there are other options than a body bag.  Why can't she take a page out of Robin's book and go elsewhere for school?

If HE does leave, they should bring back Dillon, give them a quick reunion, and have them head out of town together.  And then they can bring in Serena to fill out that age group. #iwish

I'd be okay with this option too.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I know TPTB always forget but there are other options than a body bag.  Why can't she take a page out of Robin's book and go elsewhere for school?

They love the body bag because it gives other characters big emotional scenes. Cliché Emmy bait. Ugh.

I'd prefer Lauren get some great med school offer she can't refuse and she accepts it and happily leaves.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, TheMediaHo said:

Ah, well, I'd been looking forward to Grand Hotel, since Eva Longoria often backs winners. I was hoping it would be similar to Devious Maids. But with BryDawg in the cast? No thanks.

It will probably be ,ore like Telenovela where if it makes it to series its canceled after a couple of episodes.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Medical school and away from her toxic mother because I am sure that Ava will do something that Kiki will write her off. Again.

• Love 1

newcomer Eli Brown join previously announced stars Sasha Pieterse and Janel Parrish, Sofia Carson and Kelly Rutherford. In addition. Hayley Erin (General Hospital) is cast in a mysterious, unnamed role.

The mysterious, unnamed role could be someone who is only in the pilot, of course. So I won't get ahead of things.

I wouldn't be surprised if bigger and better things were out there for HE, though. She's extremely pretty and the right age to break out, and there have been hints in her GH work of a capable actress. She's the kind of person who gets noticed.  

BTW, Kelly Rutherford was one of my early favorite soap bad girls...and HE bears a resemblance to the young version of her. If they were playing mother and daughter, that would be astute casting. Below, Kelly as Sam Whitmore on Generations, circa early '90s.   

samgenerations.jpg

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1