Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 2/17/2018 at 5:22 PM, dubbel zout said:

There've been soap conventions forever, haven't there? Not to mention the personal appearances at smaller events.

Oh, I know! But it just seems extra smart to do these events now. Like I said, the landscape is different and extra money never hurts. I can't imagine contract payouts are even close to what they were during the '80s and '90s...

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno why they were blowing this out so much on social media, it's not like the episode itself was special in any way.

I think it's more about the milestone itself. Episode milestones traditionally don't come with a special themed episode, even back in the day, just a photo saying the milestone has been reached. Those have always been left for anniversary episodes, usually. It's really about the milestone itself, especially given how long GH has been on the air.

Not to throw a wet blanket on the snark, of course. I just wanted to point that out. :) 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

They did have Ava saying, "Fourteen thousand!" a few times on a black screen before we saw she was in the gallery and meant the value of the artwork Mike broke. 

It would have been nice for Elizabeth to be at the wall of honor at GH and give a wink to Steve and Audrey. I don't need a Very Special Episode, but a more obvious nod to the past wouldn't have been amiss.

• Love 2

What stood out most to me in the throwback photo Genie posted in comparison with the 14,000 episode photo is that I could identify all but 4 of those people as actors on the show. In the current photo TPTB tried to enhance the population with crew members.  And I'm not saying they shouldn't be included, but its sad that there is small representation of cast  .It was like they were trying to celebrate a momentous achievement and decided to half step. Show is just sad on so many levels.

• Love 3
On 2/22/2018 at 4:11 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Throw Back Thursday from Duke himself. All I can say is: ROWR!!!!

Duke never appealed to me that much (his hair was always too slicked back), but casting must have been looking at a pic like this when casting when casting Matt Cohen as his son. The resemblance is striking. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, rur said:

Duke never appealed to me that much (his hair was always too slicked back), but casting must have been looking at a pic like this when casting when casting Matt Cohen as his son. The resemblance is striking. 

Has GH ever addressed who raised Griffin (I assume they're deceased now) and who was the biological mother? Maybe some actress who was on the show briefly, then went on to bigger things?

I remember when NLG was pregnant with her. There was a cute behind-the-scenes thing about her doing love scenes with WK when she was getting pretty big, and a body double would have to be used at certain points. They showed WK sort of heaving NLG up and out of bed, then everyone shakes hands with the body double—first time everyone had met!—and continuing the scene.

Edited by dubbel zout
"should" is not "showed"
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I remember when NLG was pregnant with her. There was a cute behind-the-scenes thing about her doing love scenes with WK when she was getting pretty big, and a body double would have to be used at certain points. They should WK sort of heaving NLG up and out of bed, then everyone shakes hands with the body double—first time everyone had met!—and continuing the scene.

I remember that! And remember how they showed one scene, using a pillow to also mask the pregnancy! Good good times!

• Love 1

Kristina Wagner
“Kirsten and I don't have a very close relationship on or off the screen. I love her with my whole heart. I respect her as one of the finest actresses on the show. #AskGH

I get what she means but what an awkward way to phrase it.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Kristina Wagner
“Kirsten and I don't have a very close relationship on or off the screen. I love her with my whole heart. I respect her as one of the finest actresses on the show. #AskGH

I get what she means but what an awkward way to phrase it.

I don't get it. So they're not close?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I don't get it. So they're not close?

Just speculating . . . maybe it has something to do with that the two of them have never actually spent that much time together, even though they're soap mother and daughter? 

Kristina was not on the show for  years, and apparently now with block filming people that work  "together" may not see each other for months. 

• Love 1

Guess someone was giving LW shit about WR:

ETA: Apparently someone called her a bunch of nasty adjectives and accused her of starting "the Billy lies", which is a whole other crazy thing. Some fans on twitter accused BM of harassment cause he grabbed KM's boobs at their event. 

Edited by ulkis

I was at the event, there was nothing sinister about the boob grabs.  This fandom is fucking out of control. 

Cursing out the actors, confronting each other at events....Frank needs to open his big fat mouth.