Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Tony is so full of himself. The only ones liking this story are FV,TG and RC.I haven't liked Luke in a long time. He didn't want to act with Genie. wonderful I wish they had sent him to Amsterdam and never return. Jane is probably happy she gets some on screen time. Fluke, Luke they both disgust me. Tony tanked his scenes with Laura that made him nothing to me.I hope he NEVER returns.

(edited)

I'm glad/mad that KA and JE were grossed out and annoyed, respectively. one one hand, I'm mad for the actresses that they have to play this material but glad at least that they are in fact actually bothered with it because KA especially was all "woohoo I love with Geary" on twitter.

No! You don't say! Who knew Geary wanted that. Also laughing at the idea that Luke has helped anyone lately at all. That time he ran over his grandson and refused to change anything about his lifestyle was oh-so-helpful.

I was thinking much the same thing. When isn't Luke the fly in the ointment? The pest? The troubled center around which the universe revolves.

He was called upon to play 'hero' again in an Ice Princess revisit. Granted, it was a shitty storyline, and not worth a revisit. But to quit over not playing dark? He just won a freakin' emmy two years ago for running over a toddler and having his grown son come get him in a brothel (do I have that right?).

I wish he had just owned up that he didn't want to be part of Luke and Laura anymore. Instead, he's handwaving pedophilia, shit plot devices like the revolving doors of the Miscavage Institute, and having his best friend act like a moron to prop up his titanium ass.

I say that and I usually like Geary. But man talk about a guy getting everything he wants and saying to fuck about everything and everyone else.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2
He just won a freakin' emmy two years ago for running over a toddler and having his grown son come get him in a brothel (do I have that right?).

Indeed you do. And refusing to stop drinking even though he had several shots before he was driving because he was not at all affected. (He claimed if a cop had stopped him that night he would have been able to hope on one foot, recite the alphabet, etc etc. Because that automatically means you should be driving!)

(edited)

and having his grown son come get him in a brothel (do I have that right?).

Not exactly. Lucky tracked him down in a brothel, but didn't bring him home. After Lucky left in mortification and disgust at Luke's apparent indifference to killing a child, Luke confessed to a prostitute that he wasn't worthy of being saved by Lucky and had said what he had to chase him away. At that point the audience did see that Luke had been affected by what he'd done. 

Edited by rur

That interview makes me like RP. My inner geek loves the fact that he loves to dress up & go to renaissance fairs.

I'm happy to see that he has been working with some acting coaches & hope he continues. He has improved a little since his arrival. Can he take KA with him to see the acting coaches. She seems to think memorizing her lines & making weird faces is acting.

• Love 2
DC: You are one of the few daytime head writers who interacts with fans on Twitter, which I imagine can be both gratifying and terrifying?

RC: I had to learn it as I went. I will defend the show and defend our writing, so I had to learn how to do that, how to defend the show and not get into petty squabbles with fans.

(Emphasis mine) I guess banning them is the solution.

From Geary's Logan interview:

Doing Fluke has been a real cleansing after all my years of complaining and wondering what happened to Luke's black hat.

At least he owns up to all the whining he's done.

It's not very subtle; he's obviously evil and at its best it's still a tad cartoonish. He's a better actor than that.

I think TG is so glad to be doing something different that he can't help straying into ham territory.

I hope he looks a lot better next time he's onscreen.

Same here. You could see how terrible he must have felt, and looking ill doesn't suit a bad guy.

RP seems like a really cool guy.

He was really gracious about the Emmy red carpet mess.

OMG, Ryan Paevey has been to see an acting coach?  He seems like a nice man, but really--how many visits to an acting coach does it take before you get to the lesson about not looking sideways off-camera?  I fear this one, nice young man or not, may be beyond hope.

Doing Fluke has been a real cleansing after all my years of complaining and wondering what happened to Luke's black hat.

I wonder if Geary realizes, that had Luke got to keep his black hat, then Luke would have been killed off back then after he'd raped Laura? That the only reason he became a gray hat, was due to the chemistry between him and Genie, which led to the controversial retconning/whitewashing rape/no not rape! Seduction storyline? Just so that he could continue in the role?

• Love 2

My Gawd! Let me pick my tongue up off the floor. WdV is sooo hott in that picture, imagine if he was sans clothes. M-E-O-W!

Julexis is the only current couple I enjoy on GH.

I love the way he is grabbing her ankle like he's ready to get down to business, but where is his other hand? Hmmmm? ;)  I can't wait to see the other pics since Logan tweeted that as a tease. 

• Love 1
(edited)

@Rancide,

At least he is actively trying to get better.  IMHO, RP is much better than a number of people on this show that have been acting for years.  I think he has shown continued improvement the last few months, he has generated different kinds of chemistry with a number of scene partners, and he doesnt have any obnoxious acting tics.

As someone who dresses up at comic conventions and loves adventuring, I just can't hate on someone who goes to Renaissance Faires and goes adventuring.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

RP is much better than a number of people on this show that have been acting for years.  I think he has shown continued improvement the last few months, he has generated different kinds of chemistry with a number of scene partners, and he doesnt have any obnoxious acting tics.

The bolded part  is huge for me. Even esteemed, deservedly respected actors can have tics that are off-putting, Erika Slezak on OLTL used to bobble her head when she was speaking emphatically in a way that took me out of the scene every time I noticed it and on the other side of the spectrum, Ian Buchanan often holds himself so stiffly that it has a similar effect.  I'm also in agreement that RP has improved as time has gone on. He came off a lovely man in that interview.

• Love 3

I love the way he is grabbing her ankle like he's ready to get down to business, but where is his other hand? Hmmmm? ;) I can't wait to see the other pics since Logan tweeted that as a tease.

I love how they just took off as a pairing with absolutely no help from TIIC who were too busy trying to promote a triangle between 2nd graders.

Their fans are why they are getting the attention from Logan much to the chagrin of the ageists and the misogynists who think Alexis (& NLG) is too old to have a happy, healthy, active sex life.

I just laugh and laugh when I imagine Guza's head exploding every single time "#Julexis" appears on Twitter.

I just laugh and laugh when I imagine Guza's head exploding every single time "#Julexis" appears on Twitter.

Yes, that's a nice visual. I am not a Julian fan, but adore Alexis and am glad to see her getting some serious action!

I always enjoy a KG interview, and actually I thought both Fairman and Carlivati conducted their best interview thus far.  I love to calling those guys for ass kissing, but I didnt see it in this interview.  

• Love 2
Regarding the Nurses Ball, let’s talk about Obrecht’s grand entrance, which — as I’ve told you before, Ron — was the greatest thing I had seen since Mitch Laurence popped out of a coffin on One Life to Live.  That whole thing was the perfect tour de force for Obrecht.

No, just no. Olbrecht singing "Wilkommen" had NOTHING on Mitch popping out of the coffin.

• Love 2

From the interview:

First of all, it galvanizes the entire hospital against a common enemy. Rather than having the kindly, avuncular chief of staff that everybody loves and adores, you give the doctors and nurses a common enemy

Since when??!!??! I'm sure that the staff hates Dr.O, but no one is doing a fucking thing to get rid of her. Monica isn't scheming to get her position back, there isn't a large scale strike, members of the board aren't trying to get other candidates as contenders for chief of staff. 

• Love 5
(edited)

No, just no. Olbrecht singing "Wilkommen" had NOTHING on Mitch popping out of the coffin.

Quoted for truth.  I fell on the side of enjoying Dr. O hijacking the nurses' opening number, but Mitch popping out of the coffin at Jared's funeral is in a league of its own.

And both scenes have nothing on Hos vs. Mos. ;)

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

From the interview:

Since when??!!??! I'm sure that the staff hates Dr.O, but no one is doing a fucking thing to get rid of her. Monica isn't scheming to get her position back, there isn't a large scale strike, members of the board aren't trying to get other candidates as

contenders for chief of staff.

It all happened on Ron's twitter.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

• Love 3
(edited)

First of all, it galvanizes the entire hospital against a common enemy. Rather than having the kindly, avuncular chief of staff that everybody loves and adores, you give the doctors and nurses a common enemy

What's sad is that, at its core, this is actually an interesting idea.  But they've done nothing of note with it. 

And when we do see Dr. Obrecht reprimanding people, she's usually right.  Hey Brad, show up for work on time.  Hey Liz, if you're leaving early to see your ex-lover in jail, follow protocol and tell someone.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)
And when we do see Dr. Obrecht reprimanding people, she's usually right.

Exactly. She's a little heavy-handed about it, but running off in the middle of a shift isn't professional.

The saddest part about that interview is it shows how much work Kathleen Gati puts into the character of Liesl, while Ron does so very little. He's really lucky he has such talented and dedicated actors working for him.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
(edited)

Kathleen is incredibly talented, and I thought in concept the idea of Dr. O using her blood money and her WSB/Cassadine ties to take control of the hospital was a great idea. The problem is that it hasn't driven any kind of hospital story for people we care about - all of that has only been used as a vehicle to keep Obrecht around doing whatever they want regardless of consequences. Musical numbers! Criminal rampages! You name it, she does it, she never stops and you're never allowed to complain because everyone in the writers' room is having so much fun. And meanwhile, what does Robin get for her hardship after years of imprisonment by Obrecht, what do Patrick and her family or the Quartermaines get? Fuck-all, because they are not a priority for the show.

It's not that the writers aren't often witty or don't have some good ideas, either; it's that there's often nothing but wit and snark in the dialogue and then a lot of campy numbers and shit to try and paper over the broad comedy. I can, in isolation, at least enjoy Obrecht singing "Wilkommen" with only some cringing despite months of her eating the show, but even I don't care about the second number as she sings to her instant children, Britt and Nathan, neither of whom have a personality between them.

Kathleen is not the problem, even Obrecht isn't really the problem - I too spotted her on her first day on the show and hoped they would give her more to do, and they did. The writing is the problem. They overplay pet characters and grind them into the ground.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
(edited)

Yes, it’s a soap opera. Yes, it’s fiction. However, a lot of people take this seriously,

Well okay then, if you say so Kathleen...

The Robin-stealing — I was very much not liked for that. Viewers were like, “Give her back,” but by the end, Robin’s like, “Naw, I’m not going to stay home, because I had a good time.”

Wait a minute...WHAT???? Did I miss something during that whole story? When exactly did Robin decide she 'had a good time' being held captive for two years and tortured?

Edited by Sake614

Nancy and Will confirmed in their TV a Guide interview that their fans got them their storyline. Originally they were going to just have a fling, but because of fans, they got a storyline that wasn't planned when he first came on a year ago.

I had heard that from my friend's BFF who works on GH, but I always side-eye anythinglike that. ABC is listening to feedback and they weren't predestined to be a couple. I believe someone over Frank and Ron's heads made the call and had, "Come to Julexis," meetings with Cartini.

Thoughts on the word that Allison Sweeney directing GH?

(edited)

The Julian/Alexis article is in this week's TV Guide and it's a nice little read!

I liked this quote from NLG:

"The previous regime at ABC Daytime only wanted youth, youth, youth," says Grahn.  "And our show was going down the toilet."

...but at the same time, it's like, girl, your soap is heavily featuring a love triangle with eight-year-olds.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I would like to see that if it can be found online.

I'm pretty sure Julian is still eventual dogmeat in RC's eyes, but it is nice to see something a little more interesting for Nancy Lee Grahn, even if I think Alexis is being written as a fool. There could be more to the couple with the right writing.

I should have gotten my TV guide by now but haven't...figures, the one edition I actually WANT, I don't get. I'll have to call them and get them to send it to me again...

The Robin-stealing — I was very much not liked for that. Viewers were like, “Give her back,” but by the end, Robin’s like, “Naw, I’m not going to stay home, because I had a good time.”

What the fuckity FUCK?

The Robin Scorpio I saw being TORTURED and desperately trying to CONTACT HER FAMILY was having a good time?!

Just when I thought my hatred for this regime couldn't get anymore potent. WOW.

"The previous regime at ABC Daytime only wanted youth, youth, youth," says Grahn.  "And our show was going down the toilet."

Okay, I love me some NLG, but seriously?  Sweetie, the show is going faster down the tubes with the shit you have on screen now.  And don't think Ron doesn't have a demised already planned for your leading man.  He's on borrowed time as it is.

I swear, if I ever see this dipshit on the streets of NYC...Can I rely on anyone here for bail?

Then again, this is the same guy who saw nothing wrong with Todd being tortured and kept away from HIS family then did everything to make him out to be the bad guy for kidnapping the guy who kidnapped HIM for EIGHT YEARS.

• Love 2