Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The driver who Hailey hit is suing her.  

I'd sue her to if she hit me. 

Same, and she was drunk? That's unlikely to go well for her (or her insurance company).

I do hope this is a real wakeup call for her to get some help, and not just entering rehab for PR purposes.

• Like 11
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So I guess we won't be seeing Jax (or at least IR's Jax) anytime soon.

I figured that even if he had won. He could have probably gotten monetary compensation if he had won, but I don't think he could have forced TPTB at ABC to take him back.

• Like 4

ABC stressed that Rademacher’s religion is devoid of any of the formal signs of most religious institutions.

It’s the Church Of Ingo, damn it! What more do you need?? (Heathens.)

• LOL 14

It was nice of The Hollywood Reporter to use an old picture of Ingo looking his best. I imagine that's how most of Jax's fans will prefer to remember the character, since he is likely a part of history now. I can't see them recasting Jax with some other tall, fit, blond Australian actor. They were barely writing for him even before relations with Ingo soured. The actor's status as a '90s fan favorite was probably all that was keeping Jax coming back.  

In fact, if the real-life death toll of GH actors hadn't had a spike recently, I'd be expecting Carly to get a phone call and break news to Josslyn about an offscreen mountain-climbing accident (or something similar) any day now.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Yay, opportunities for Joss to get it on with Dex out of grief and for her to lie to us all about how much Jax would have loved him. 

Their story really needs Jax to make it work because this "us against the world" vibe they keep trying to sell doesn't work if no one is actually against them. Sure, there's Spencer on behalf of Cam but Spencer's number one priority is to become a teen father to his BABY BROTHER.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I agree. Josslyn's father might add a smidgen of actual drama to this pairing. Nina could also use a friend. 

Jax should be recast. (Though I will miss the chemistry Ingo had with various characters.)

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

this "us against the world" vibe they keep trying to sell doesn't work if no one is actually against them.

This whole story is so galactically stupid. NO ONE CARES.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

It was nice of The Hollywood Reporter to use an old picture of Ingo looking his best. I imagine that's how most of Jax's fans will prefer to remember the character, since he is likely a part of history now. I can't see them recasting Jax with some other tall, fit, blond Australian actor. They were barely writing for him even before relations with Ingo soured. The actor's status as a '90s fan favorite was probably all that was keeping Jax coming back.  

It never seemed fair to mention this because aging comes for us all, but during his most recent stint it was striking how much his features had really rearranged themselves in unfortunate ways since the days of super-dreamy Jax. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
15 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I can't see them recasting Jax with some other tall, fit, blond Australian actor.

I can see them recasting Jax with LWB.  I live in fear of LWB showing up as another character. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, tessaray said:

I agree. Josslyn's father might add a smidgen of actual drama to this pairing. Nina could also use a friend. 

Jax should be recast. (Though I will miss the chemistry Ingo had with various characters.)

Agreed.  I've always enjoyed Ingo, but even if the actor cannot return, the show is badly in need of the character at the moment.  He is probably uniquely positioned to salvage the character of Joss, and maybe even Carly, if they can be salvaged at all.  So, unless the mother-daughter duo are destined to ride off into the sunset, I hope we will see Jax on screen as soon as the strike permits. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I swear, I cannot keep all of Alexis’ girls straight. Who works as a ADA, who works at the bar with Phyllis and who’s the third one?

Molly (the youngest) is the ADA, Kristina (the middle one) works at the pub, and Sam is the eldest. Sam is most famous for having been with Jason Morgan for most of this century. I don't blame you for not recalling her, currently most of her scenes are with her new boyfriend Dante and I usually fall asleep whenever they're on.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sun damage is real, kids!

I have an aunt I haven't seen since the 90's due to which side of my family she's on. She's the youngest of three kids with two older brothers. Even back then when she was in her mid 30's she looked like she was knocking on 50's door. She had been a sun worshiper in high school and into the later 70's.

My Mom always used her as an example to me in regards to what happens when people have spent too much time in the sun. The aunt was two or three years younger then my Mom and the thing that helped create me who's said aunt's brother. I mention that because the aunt was in a couple of my Mom's yearbooks and was so pretty before the sun took it's told later on. 

It will be interesting if the show does recast Jax and to see who they'd find to play nuJax,

• Fire 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Someone reporting from the GH Fan club event said LW mentioned that Carly feels bad about withholding Willow’s parentage from Nina. They were supposed to film a scene with Carly and Bobbie where Carly talks about it, but of course then Jackie passed. No idea if they’ll revisit it after the writer’s strike. 

Of course LW also said that if it had been Nina who was accused of insider trading, Carly would have turned her in and then walked away without a second thought and that Carly feels no guilt about all the hateful things she’s done to Nina.

in other news, the line for CW’s event was huge, Evan (Dex) said the first time he took off his shirt in front of Eden, she stuttered and said ‘I forgot my line.’ 🙄

TA said about the Sprina jump, ‘“Ididn’t even know I was jumping into his arms. I found myself running and knew i can’t stop now! Id leave a ‘me sized me’ in him so I had no choice but to jump! I’m very happy with how it turned out!”

In the scene with Nina and Diane, CW ad libbed the line about Nina having trouble making friends in a deliberate attempt to play Nina as vulnerable.

Eden said ‘it shocked me joss betrayed Cameron but it’s a soap. It’s drama. I was happy to play it, people don’t always make the right decisions. Joss has to lose sometimes, it’s real life, I loved this story.

Edited by Sake614
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

in other news, the line for CW’s event was huge, Evan (Dex) said the first time he took off his shirt in front of Eden, she stuttered and said ‘I forgot my line.’ 🙄

Really? Why? 

• LOL 1
53 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Someone reporting from the GH Fan club event said LW mentioned that Carly feels bad about withholding Willow’s parentage from Nina. They were supposed to film a scene with Carly and Bobbie where Carly talks about it, but of course then Jackie passed. No idea if they’ll revisit it after the writer’s strike. 

Of course LW also said that if it had been Nina who was accused of insider trading, Carly would have turned her in and then walked away without a second thought and that Carly feels no guilt about all the hateful things she’s done to Nina.

Surprising insight from LW. Why doesn't she lobby the writers to make Carly less awful?

Carly could be saying that to anyone -- Joss or Michael to teach them that your actions can hurt others, Willow to help her reconcile with Nina, Olivia her BFF, Drew her new lover. My money is that if those words ever come out of Carly's mouth, they won't be to Nina and they won't have any effect.

55 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Joss has to lose sometimes, it’s real life, I loved this story.

When has Joss lost? She's the one who cheated, not Cam.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Surprising insight from LW. Why doesn't she lobby the writers to make Carly less awful?

Well, at the moment there are no writers to lobby. Maybe she will once the strike is over, although I heard that SAG-AFTRA authorized a strike and the directors are also looking to strike. So it could be a very long time before production resumes…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

When has Joss lost? She's the one who cheated, not Cam.

I wonder if she meant sometimes Joss has to suck? Eden seems to understand it was cheating based on her twitter likes at the time. It must be hard for the actors to talk about the writing on the show as though it makes any sense at all. 

I've seen a resurgence of fans pushing for Marcus to come back as Nikolas now that TC seems like a non-option. I have to admit, I'd prefer that to Adam Huss, but I also wouldn't mind Nik staying gone for a while.  I'd prefer they bring back Laura's other son, though I suspect that would also require a recast, and a whole lot of writing to explain his many many years of absence. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

To be fair, Dex's abs are pretty amazing.  I don't think they guy has eaten a carb in years.

I guess. Personally I think NAC has better abs and a better body in general. 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, standbyme said:

I've seen a resurgence of fans pushing for Marcus to come back as Nikolas now that TC seems like a non-option. I have to admit, I'd prefer that to Adam Huss, but I also wouldn't mind Nik staying gone for a while. 

The show didn’t seem to know what to do with Nik outside of his relationship to Ava. He barely interacted with Victor even though there was a good storyline there. Not sure if it was due to wanting to prop up the Spencer actor or BTS stuff, but I agree that having the character come back now, just to mess with the boring Austin-Ava pairing, would be a waste. 

I’m sure if the role was meatier they could get a new decent actor to play him.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Desperado said:

I’m sure if the role was meatier they could get a new decent actor to play him.

Is Daniel Goddard desperate enough yet?  

Nevermind, he's got family health issues to deal with.

I really wonder what went down with Marcus because that seemed like a pretty acrimonious exit.

It's a shame The Whisper Within (aka the actor formerly known as James Scott) went cuckoo for cocoa puffs because he probably could have been a decent Nikolas. 

• Useful 1

I was actually thinking of him and praying no one at GH did! When I remember having an absolute crush on him during his Beastmaster days, but when I started watching Y&R I couldn’t believe it was the same person!

On 6/7/2023 at 6:24 PM, JMO said:

Agree.  I miss Jax and putting all the off screen drama aside I really enjoyed the way Ingo played him.  I also still think he’s hot, so there’s that ha!  We all age, but he still looks pretty good to me (on looks alone).

• Like 10
On 6/13/2023 at 10:10 AM, Sake614 said:

To be fair that is there but it’s why the town shouldn’t be kissing her ass. Carly only cares if it involves one of her kids or Jason when he was alive. Everyone else is expendable, especially all of her “friends”. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

LWB as Nicolas.  He's coming back, I'm sure of it.  He might even be Tracy next time.

I don't really see him as Nicholas.  I honestly have nothing against the guy; Peter was a terrible character.  But I just can't see him as Nicholas.  

• Like 4
1 minute ago, CeChase said:

I don't really see him as Nicholas.  I honestly have nothing against the guy; Peter was a terrible character.  But I just can't see him as Nicholas.  

I really can't see it, either, but that doesn't mean they won't try to force it.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

LWB as Nicolas.  He's coming back, I'm sure of it.  He might even be Tracy next time.

What if they try to do an homage to Alexis dressing up as a male servant and this time LWB comes back as a supposed female British Nanny trying to care for Bailey? Imagine the hijinks- don't doubt it will be fire!

• LOL 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Interesting story about the writers strike and GH. The show has been accused of hiring Fi-Core writers and the union is none too pleased. 

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2023/06/exclusive-wga-strike-general-hospital-picketed-allegations-of-scab-writing

This article came out a few days ago, but I thought it was interesting  which two jerks  actors came out early about not supporting the striking writers.

https://startefacts.com/news/good-news-general-hospital-is-safe-from-strikes-for-now_a131

Edited by rur
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 2

So if I read that piece properly (it's not very clearly written), soap operas have different contracts with actors and writers than other TV shows? And one or both of those contracts expire in 2024?

But the soap writers can go on strike with the rest of the WGA regardless?

And Burton and Anderson won't be joining the strike if SAG talks collapse and the union votes to strike? (That seems to be to be a good way to never get another job in Hollywood, but what do I know?)

• Like 4
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And Burton and Anderson won't be joining the strike if SAG talks collapse and the union votes to strike? (That seems to be to be a good way to never get another job in Hollywood, but what do I know?)

From how NLG described it on her Twitter feed yesterday, daytime actors will not be included in the strike if it happens at the end of the month. Daytime actors are not part of the deal that's set to expire. Actors would be violating their contracts if they didn't continue to go to work.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3