Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I haven't heard that it's been dropped or settled. It's probably still making its way through the system. It can take a while for a case to progress especially through the last few years - I know the Illinois courts are backed up due to the pandemic and I assume the same for all the state courts.

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

So what I'm getting is that Carly not telling Willow about Nina is really Willow's fault.

Huh. I'm sure Carly will reflect on Nina not telling Sonny about his family when he said he didn't want to know and realize...no, I'm sorry, I can't even finish that sentence. Of course, Carly's version of self-awareness is deciding that nothing has ever been or ever will be her fault. Of course Bobbie will back that up. (I recall, very faintly, when Bobbie was capable of loving Carly as her daughter and calling her on her shit, not that Carly ever reacted well to that.)

Laura Wright looked very pretty in that pink dress.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

So what I'm getting is that Carly not telling Willow about Nina is really Willow's fault.

And how is that a different side to her? It's the old Carly again, nothing is her fault, always someone else is responsible.  It used to be Virginia, now it's Nina.

She has zero self-awareness.

• Applause 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They could make Carly the hook killer and LW would still be defending the character.  Points for loyalty, I guess.

Her interviews make me chuckle because I think she overly self identifies with Carly. She really hates it when her character is seen as in the wrong by fans. Soap characters do dumb things all of the time but most actors just own it by saying their character is bad or gray or laugh it off by admitting their character is being stupid in this particular situation.  

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 10/24/2022 at 4:17 PM, Sake614 said:

SOD has a new poll asking if Carly and drew are a good match. So far the results are 63% to 37% NO lol!

Yeah, but you know most of those people are voting No not because of the obvious lack of chemistry, but because they believe Carly and Sonny have a burning hot love that will never die and are meant to be together, swoon and amen.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Yeah, but you know most of those people are voting No not because of the obvious lack of chemistry, but because they believe Carly and Sonny have a burning hot love that will never die and are meant to be together, swoon and amen.

At this point I’ll take it, just to put an end to this Crewfus garbage. I don’t care why they’re saying ‘no,’ as long as Frank listens!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Disney dropped their vaccine mandate.  I don't think Ingo will be back because obvious reasons if you followed what went down there, but we can likely start the countdown for Jason Morgan's return.  Ugh. 

• Sad 9
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, Sake614 said:
17 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

At this point I’ll take it, just to put an end to this Crewfus garbage. I don’t care why they’re saying ‘no,’ as long as Frank listens!

Knowing Frank and his penchant for pettiness, he'll double down on Carly and Drewfus just to show the fans they're wrong.

Carly and Sonny were toxic, but at least he wasn't constantly blowing smoke up her ass the way Drew does. 

• Love 3

I am not a huge Steve Burton fan, but I did think it was a shame that there couldn't be more twin interactions now that there's not as much drama between the current Drew/Jason actors. But I can't remember if SB is on contract for DAYS, or was that just for that nighttime thing they had?

The only upside to a SB return would be to continue what was developing with Britt. I was actually enjoying their storyline, and disappointed that it was cut short. BUT, since she’s leaving, there’s not even that.

It also might be funny to watch Carly drop Drewpy like a hot bowl of oatmeal, but even that would provide limited entertainment value. Nope, no need for Jason. Just move on, Show. We’ve suffered enough.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I thought the Britt/Jason pairing was very good and I enjoyed it very much then, but not now w/ a recast or such.

I saw SB on DOOL - Beyond Salem and he looked rough, orange and bloated and his acting… was non-existant. Him returning would be make a huge step back in my opinion.

Edited by Desperado
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

The COVID vaccine mandate has been lifted? (Or so I read here.) Now I know why there is talk about Steve-O.

If so, also makes me wonder if Ingo dropped the lawsuit and will try to have Jax return. Sigh. Hope not. No reason for him to come back, anyway. Carly has Drew (blah) and Sonny still in her orbit. (Double blah.)

And isn't the actress playing Joss splitting her time with college?

So...yeah.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The COVID vaccine mandate has been lifted? (Or so I read here.) Now I know why there is talk about Steve-O.

If so, also makes me wonder if Ingo dropped the lawsuit and will try to have Jax return. Sigh. Hope not. No reason for him to come back, anyway. Carly has Drew (blah) and Sonny still in her orbit. (Double blah.)

And isn't the actress playing Joss splitting her time with college?

So...yeah.

Disney has reportedly lifted the mandate on shows it owns but those shows can continue the mandates if they wish. I don't know if GH has changed their mandate at this time

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 3
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I think we’re safe from Ingo even if they can forgive the lawsuit. Part of the papers ABC/Disney turned over showed that they had already planned to fire him earlier that year prior to the mandate so I think they had no use for his character. They originally brought him back for MSt’s Nina once they decided to move her away from Valentin and it was totally obvious that they had nothing for him to do once Jax and Nina split up. They kept him isolated in that Carly/Nina bubble despite the fact that he was a long term character and had other ties, which I didn’t mind at all given how he was IRL but it was weird how ignored he was. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I think we’re safe from Ingo even if they can forgive the lawsuit. Part of the papers ABC/Disney turned over showed that they had already planned to fire him earlier that year prior to the mandate so I think they had no use for his character. They originally brought him back for MSt’s Nina once they decided to move her away from Valentin and it was totally obvious that they had nothing for him to do once Jax and Nina split up. They kept him isolated in that Carly/Nina bubble despite the fact that he was a long term character and had other ties, which I didn’t mind at all given how he was IRL but it was weird how ignored he was. 

Not to mention his anti-trans rant (or -- was that why they planned to fire him prior to the vax stuff?) I was gratified to see that TPTB stood behind Cassandra James (Terri) on that.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, ffwbe said:

it was totally obvious that they had nothing for him to do once Jax and Nina split up. They kept him isolated in that Carly/Nina bubble despite the fact that he was a long term character and had other ties, which I didn’t mind at all given how he was IRL but it was weird how ignored he was. 

One of his other main ties was his longstanding friendship with Alexis, and even though IR and NLG would have scenes together once in a great while (like when Alexis was about to go off to prison, I think?), the sparseness of their scenes together went along with their obvious lack of harmony in real life. I think the writers/producer were doing their part to limit contact there.

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

One of his other main ties was his longstanding friendship with Alexis, and even though IR and NLG would have scenes together once in a great while (like when Alexis was about to go off to prison, I think?), the sparseness of their scenes together went along with their obvious lack of harmony in real life. I think the writers/producer were doing their part to limit contact there.

And that's just stupid. They both needed to be professional and suck it up and do their jobs. Moot point, I guess since Ingo is no longer on the show. But there have been other actors who HATED each other on other shows and managed to do their jobs. Case in point: William Frawley and Vivian Vance on I Love Lucy.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2

For those wondering about the Heather recast, Robin Mattson posted on her social media to clear things up:

As nice as is to be mised and so many of you have wondered what happened to me, I just want to let you know that I've been recovering from my knee surgery and today I'm going to have hip replacement surgery.  Thank you all for your love and support! Looking forward to a fast recovery! 

• Thanks 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

I'm glad it seems to not be as serious a long-running illness as has been feared for awhile. I hope to see her back again someday, retirement or no.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Tyler Christopher posted on social media that he'd be willing to fill in as Nikolas the next time Marcus Coloma needs a day off. I don't know to what extent he was joking. 

I hope that was a joke...

Marcus had Covid, hence the sub.

• Useful 3
On 10/23/2022 at 3:45 PM, ciarra said:

Whatever happened to Ingo's lawsuit?

On 10/23/2022 at 4:18 PM, Mirabelle said:

I haven't heard that it's been dropped or settled. It's probably still making its way through the system. It can take a while for a case to progress especially through the last few years - I know the Illinois courts are backed up due to the pandemic and I assume the same for all the state courts.

Just hopping off the barge, and procrastinating on my own work.

Ingo's lawsuit is still ongoing, and scheduled for trial in May of 2023.

Lots can happen between now and then, though. I'd expect a motion for summary judgment to be filed a few months before the trial. 

• Useful 3

The thing about Steve Burton and the vaccine mandate being lifted is that he theoretically could still return to GH. We've seen people like Wally go back and forth between Days and GH, because the former has that specific shooting schedule that seems to be several months ahead of actual broadcast time.

22 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

It’s so weird that everyone else is dressed up but Micheal is wearing a flannel. Like was he outside smoking the turkey or something?

The 3 younger guys are all casual t-shirts and jeans. Well, maybe CM has a light sweater, I can't tell on my phone. 

21 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

he thing about Steve Burton and the vaccine mandate being lifted is that he theoretically could still return to GH. We've seen people like Wally go back and forth between Days and GH,

Was Wally anti-vax and I didn’t know it?

Please, Gods of Soap Operas, please have Jason stay dead- anything to keep SB off the show.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Was Wally anti-vax and I didn’t know it?

Please, Gods of Soap Operas, please have Jason stay dead- anything to keep SB off the show.

I'm pretty sure Wally isn't. I've never noticed anything like that on his social media. From what I've seen anti-vax people are pretty vocal about it. If they aren't as vocal a spouse's social media usually answers the question. That's how a lot of Y&R fans confirmed that Richard Burgi and his wife seemed to be when he got fired for violating the show's protocols. His wife was super messy talking about it all and how the show was wrong all while having a public IG account. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, rur said:

Wally could appear on both shows because he was on recurring status on both, which left him free to do other work. It wasn't because of vaccine issues. 

In other news, I think we can mark GH safe from Steve Burton for a while: 

https://www.tvinsider.com/1069048/days-of-our-lives-steve-burton-casting-peacock-general-hospital-vaccine-refusal/

Isn't this the same news we've been discussing? (Good point about the recurring, though.)

• Love 1