Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I just watched a clip from yesterday's episode on FB with Brad and Brooklyn.  He asks her if she has seen the GIF of Britt.   She laughs and says she has and mentioned that Brad kept refilling Britt's drink (causing her to get drunk).  Brad tells her that he was the one who took the video and that he sent the GIF of Britt to an "infuencer."    So, Brad intentionally set Britt up?  (If this is true, WTH!!!)  

Was Cody part of a plan to embarrass Britt and potentially get her fired from GH?   Was Brad acting at the behest of his Aunt?   Or did he do this on his own as a way to impress her?    Is this why Brad asked Mrs. Wu to give him more to do in the organization?   

(I was going to suggest that maybe Mrs. Wu is working with Cyrus to get Britt fired, but I'm sure I'm overthinking all this.)

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, sas616 said:

So, Brad intentionally set Britt up?  (If this is true, WTH!!!)  

No, I think Brad was just being a jerk and a terrible friend. He has come a long way from his sleazy introduction as a predator, but he still gives in to his baser instincts from time to time. I think Perry Shen does a great job of playing Brad this way—when Britt was (rightfully) laying into him about the recording, he showed some shame and regret. Brad acts without thinking through the consequences a lot of the time.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No, I think Brad was just being a jerk and a terrible friend. He has come a long way from his sleazy introduction as a predator, but he still gives in to his baser instincts from time to time. I think Perry Shen does a great job of playing Brad this way—when Britt was (rightfully) laying into him about the recording, he showed some shame and regret. Brad acts without thinking through the consequences a lot of the time.

Yeah, he said he was pretty tipsy himself and sent just that snippet it to an influencer that he likes (I'm picturing a Rex Chapman type), and he didn't expect it to get picked to be shared so widely. 

• Love 1

So sad to hear of Harrison Wagner's passing. I'm old enough to remember when KW got pregnant with Harrison and they wrote the pregnancy into the show with Georgie's birth. I follow KW on Instagram and it was obvious how much she adored Harrison.

Such a tragedy all around. 

• Sad 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, DanaK said:

I’m intrigued

I’m shocked they went for the obvious choice. Though, deep down, TIIC probably wanted to make it a Carly-centric episode. Then again, that’s every day anyway. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

From the article about GF's 15,000 episode:

In an episode description released by the network, the town of Port Charles comes together when an unknown political force takes aim at beloved Mayor Laura Collins.

As much as I like Laura, can't wait to see the mayor be defended against a politial force by the likes of Sonny, you know, just the local mob boss.

• Sad 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As much as I like Laura, can't wait to see the mayor be defended against a politial force by the likes of Sonny, you know, just the local mob boss.

I'll go out on a limb and say that if anyone is coming in to defend Laura, it will be Carly, because her ass always takes centerstage in the stand alone episodes.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I’m shocked they went for the obvious choice. Though, deep down, TIIC probably wanted to make it a Carly-centric episode. Then again, that’s every day anyway. 

I don't necessarily agree with this; Genie just celebrated her 45th anniversary on the show, so I can see why they would want to celebrate those two milestones at once. Is it a short-term publicity stunt? Maybe, but I'm happy to see GH's most iconic female actress/female character get a day to herself, too. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/12/2022 at 9:31 PM, UYI said:

I don't necessarily agree with this; Genie just celebrated her 45th anniversary on the show, so I can see why they would want to celebrate those two milestones at once. Is it a short-term publicity stunt? Maybe, but I'm happy to see GH's most iconic female actress/female character get a day to herself, too. 

As well she should, as there would be no current GH without her. The cast and crew owe their livelihoods to her. GF's Laura is a perfect example when you have compelling actress (16 yrs old when she started raising the ratings) with a production team smart enough to capitalize on it. The problems came when the show thought it was just the men (in this case Tony Geary) that were responsible.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

The problems came when the show thought it was just the men (in this case Tony Geary) that were responsible.

I think all of the women on the show are still underappreciated. They do the vast majority of the heavy lifting, and practically all of the vets have gotten stuck with at least one "wimmins be crazy" story. The men? All they need is a hug and some decent meds.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I would put both Genie Francis AND Jackie Zeman up there, to be honest (I know some aren't crazy about her or Bobbie--whether it has to do with Carly being her daughter or not, hee!--but I love them both and consider them to be a signature part of what makes GH, well, GH--she's not the only one, but she's up there). Without her, Luke Spencer would have been "Bobbie's older brother" and nothing more. Both of them had a LOT to do with making GH the phenomenon it became in the late 70's/early 80's. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, UYI said:

Without her, Luke Spencer would have been "Bobbie's older brother" and nothing more. Both of them had a LOT to do with making GH the phenomenon it became in the late 70's/early 80's. 

True. But hate it or loathe it, or find it disgusting/problematic, the success of the show in the late 70s, had to do with the crackling chemistry between Tony and Genie. It was their story, and the Ice Princess story, really, that prevented the soap from cancellation.

What other soap couple or any television couple, made it on the cover pages of TIME magazine and other non-soap magazines?

I hate that their history has been decimated. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

True. But hate it or loathe it, or find it disgusting/problematic, the success of the show in the late 70s, had to do with the crackling chemistry between Luke and Laura. It was their story, and the Ice Princess story, really, that prevented the soap from cancellation.

What other soap couple or any television couple, made it on the cover pages of TIME magazine and other non-soap magazines?

Days had a soap couple make it on the cover of TIME I believe before Luke & Laura. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

True. But hate it or loathe it, or find it disgusting/problematic, the success of the show in the late 70s, had to do with the crackling chemistry between Tony and Genie. It was their story, and the Ice Princess story, really, that prevented the soap from cancellation.

It is absolutely absurd that neither of L&L's kids are on this show. They should be the tentpoles that Carly and Sonny are. 

Where is Julie Berman these days? How awesome it would be to get her back.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Actually, Bill and Susan Seaforth Hayes (DOOL) beat them to it. 🙂

Edited: oops, my page hadn't refreshed.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Is that the married IRL couple? I remember them getting attention for that more than for their stories on the soap.

Yes, Bill Hayes & Susan Seaforth Hayes were married in 1974, two years before Doug & Julie were married on the show.

Oh, totally, with an assist from Bobbie, Scott, and the Alan/Monica/Rick/Lesley story.

• Love 1

Saw this interesting blurb about GH contracts while talking about Gregory Harrison. I didn’t realize how many contract players they had. That said, I didn’t know if this is more or less than Y&R. DOOL is hard to judge because people seem to come and go there:

Since the last time we reported on changes to the show’s contract cast, “General Hospital” has added Tanisha Harper as Jordan Ashford, Tabyana Ali as Trina Robinson, Robert Gossett as Marshall Ashford, Michael Kruse as Rory Cabrera and Josh Kelly as Cody Bell to its roster. In total, the soap currently has 36 actors under contract with several dozen more working in a recurring capacity.

• Useful 2
On 6/12/2022 at 1:56 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, my feelings about Laura in recent months (years?) have been….complicated.  I find myself disliking her and rolling my eyes at her more often than not, and I hate that.  Genie does deserve this though.  I like when they focus on one particular character, like they did with Alexis.  

Horrible tragedy what happened with Jack and Kristina Wagner’s son.  A parents worst nightmare.  Like a lot of others I was such a Frisco and Felicia fan.  They were so good together.  I always wished they would get back together in real life because of how good they were on the show.  Sad how life sometimes imitates art. 

I wish Ingo would just go away.  Well, he has gone away in my world since I don’t do social media.  I always enjoyed Jax and miss him, which makes me hate Ingo even more!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But did these two have the same crazy media storm that Tony and Genie did? That was my point. 

DAYS was my first soap, thanks to a 5th grade friend's mom. I do think Doug and Julie's fiery  onscreen chemistry cracked the mainstream media door open wide enough that everyone would follow with Luke and Laura. 

It wasn't just L&L though, back then GH actors were all over the talk shows discussing the crazy storylines and Richard Simmons was a thing. It was a weird time. 

I hope we get some pre-L&L clips. Genie did some good work in her early years that I don't think she got enough credit for.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But did these two have the same crazy media storm that Tony and Genie did? That was my point. 

Actually, from what I've read, Doug/Julie were very popular for their time [and had one of the strangest triangles with Doug/Julie and...Julie's OWN MOTHER, whom Doug did marry and have a daughter [Hope] with, so...]

And...before we return to the topic, Days also had a heroine on the show named...Dr. Laura SPENCER. She married two out of three Horton sons (ETA: Forgot there was a Tommy Horton, Jr, besides Mickey and Bill), and with the second son she married, had son Dr. Mike Horton and daughter Jennifer Rose Horton.

I just thought that was pretty cool, the name being the same, even if it was her maiden name...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

I hope we get some pre-L&L clips. Genie did some good work in her early years that I don't think she got enough credit for.

Totally! When I started watching, Laura and Scotty were newly dating (I think he'd rescued her from a cult or something), but David Hamilton was about to throw a wrench in the works.

This was in the days before waterproof mascara, so between the accidental manslaughter, Bobbie's constant scheming, etc, Genie seemed to always have raccoon eyes from crying. She really always left it on the floor, and at such a young age.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I just thought that was pretty cool, the name being the same, even if it was her maiden name...

And the odd coincidence of her true love also being her rapist (Bill Horton, in her case). 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, UYI said:

And the odd coincidence of her true love also being her rapist (Bill Horton, in her case). 

Yep, another weird parallel. And, for good or bad, both Laura Spencers also had mental issues. (Ironic since Laura on Days was, of all things, a psychiatrist.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, well, I only remembered the media storm surrounding Luke and Laura (Tony and Genie) and every "special" over the years, always mentioned them, but not Bill and Susan.

Then there were the covers with Elizabeth Taylor, who played the original Helena Cassadine, with Tony and Genie.

• LOL 1

Randomly just saw MB's latest interview on his YT channel is with Michael E. Knight, so I clicked just to see a couple minutes and MB legitimately made himself 5 years younger than he is by saying he watched MEK on AMC "when I was home sick when I was 13 or 14."  MEK didn't start on AMC until 1982, when MB was 19.  He made himself Sonny's revised age.  I can't...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Randomly just saw MB's latest interview on his YT channel is with Michael E. Knight, so I clicked just to see a couple minutes and MB legitimately made himself 5 years younger than he is by saying he watched MEK on AMC "when I was home sick when I was 13 or 14."  MEK didn't start on AMC until 1982, when MB was 19.  He made himself Sonny's revised age.  I can't...

Well, he did say that he liked the character Tad when he was 13 or 14, so the charitable way to look at it is that Mo wasn't consciously playing with ages and dates. Or that he forgot when it was the character was SORAS'd from kind of a pipsqueak preteen to MEK'S "Tad the Cad."  

Then there were the covers with Elizabeth Taylor, who played the original Helena Cassadine, with Tony and Genie.

Seeing Liz Taylor play Helena at the wedding is one of my fondest TV memories. 😎

• Like 2
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Seeing Liz Taylor play Helena at the wedding is one of my fondest TV

It must have been uncomfortable/weird for Tony Geary, since she apparently had *such* a crush on him that she got herself written into the show for a hot second. 

But I'm sure it sent the ratings through the roof to have her there.  I can only imagine was the press coverage must have been like back then.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

It must have been uncomfortable/weird for Tony Geary, since she apparently had *such* a crush on him that she got herself written into the show for a hot second. 

But I'm sure it sent the ratings through the roof to have her there.  I can only imagine was the press coverage must have been like back then.

They apparently ended up having a "romance" of some sort, so I guess he got over it. I'm kind of hoping he's got a memoir in the vaults that he'll publish some day, because Ron Glass and Elizabeth Taylor alone are fascinating notches to have on the bedpost. 

• Mind Blown 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm kind of hoping he's got a memoir in the vaults that he'll publish some day, because Ron Glass and Elizabeth Taylor alone are fascinating notches to have on the bedpost. 

Say what, now? Ron Glass, as in Barney Miller's Ron Glass? Fascinating notch, indeed.

Ooh, and thank you for giving me my first opportunity to use the Mind Blown emoji, because I had no idea.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/15/2022 at 8:54 PM, methodwriter85 said:

For some lighter fluff, Hannah Nordberg (ex-Joss of the  Child Spencer is The Prince of PC era) looks so gorgeous now! I'm still shocked Eden McCoy is only a year older.

Screenshot_20220615-205015-004.png

I always thought the actress had personality and seemed she could pull off some of the bad girl vibes from vintage Carly without coming across as insuffereable. I think the show should have attempted to work around Hannah's schedule instead of recasting the another actress.

• Love 4
On 6/15/2022 at 8:54 PM, methodwriter85 said:

For some lighter fluff, Hannah Nordberg (ex-Joss of the  Child Spencer is The Prince of PC era) looks so gorgeous now! I'm still shocked Eden McCoy is only a year older.

Screenshot_20220615-205015-004.png

Was she "children of the corn" Joss? 

(edited)
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Was she "children of the corn" Joss? 

That was the one before her, I think. This is the one where they had her plot with NB Spencer and established her kiddie crush on Cam. She got picked up to do a Dolly Parton tv movie and that's when they recast her with Eden. I thought it was an SORAS but Eden is only a year older. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Thanks 2

Interesting that there were such rumors. I hadn't really considered anything beyond a vacation (and the writers doing a bad job on ending the storyline like they've done before)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I hadn't really considered anything beyond a vacation

I've been wondering. No word about a prolonged vacation, and she was suddenly...gone. She didn't even get a change to see Aidan or Jake to say good-bye.  That often happens when someone leaves the show.

• Love 1

I was just thinking about this! Usually when the show sends someone off like they did Elizabeth and we don't see the actor for a while, there's a RL reason, like vacation, scheduled surgery, mat leave, etc.

BH seems to be on an unwanted vacation, though she doesn't want to call it that.

There was also the info that there's another hearing on the 21st (Tuesday), and the show will likely be preempted for that.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Perhaps they needed to move Elizabeth off the canvas for a little while as part of the story?

It's probably too much to hope for but it would be great if they read the room and are desperately rewriting the DID story into something less offensive than the stupid retcon required to tell it.

• Love 15