Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, UYI said:

could someone here let me know when JDP first airs

He did last week. He played Sam's doctor but I have no idea if or when he'll be back. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

He did last week. He played Sam's doctor but I have no idea if or when he'll be back. 

Thanks! How many episodes has been in so far? Just one? 

(edited)

Thanks! I'll see what I can find on YouTube. What day was he on? 

ETA: Never mind, I found out in the episode thread. I'm sad now. I should've known I'd be fucked over as a JDP fan. We don't get nice things, ever. :'( 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Nice that Carly Schroeder is returning to honor her late on-screen grandfather. But I hope this isn't permanent: Not because I hate Serena/CS, but because the hacks would no doubt decimate the character as they have everyone else.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I just don't think she's that great, and she seems too young for Serena now given all the SORASing that happened to the other people in her age group.

I kinda of agree on both counts. I do think that CS is talented enough, but a bit too young (and looks it) for my taste, which is my only real quibble with her. Often I wish that she would get some supporting role on a decently rated show elsewhere. The second is the show as a whole: they have ruined some well loved characters, so I would be worried about a character that is now a pretty blank slate. They already seem to be rewriting Maxie's backstory, or more accurately, her on screen history, in favor of Amy, just because Maxie is a pretty girl that works in fashion and KSt personal problems.

While I am here, I am going to weigh in on the SB returning to GH. I hate it. They have been far more talented actors with just as in depth histories on this show that they have tossed back with both hands for one reason or another, (GH is about to play tribute one such man this year) why should SB get a job back just because he "paid his dues" and Rebecca Budig gets tossed. I don't even like the Hayden/Rachel character.  It probably would have happened if she was playing Sarah Webber (which she should have played from the jump). I didn't even mind Michael Easton's tribute to her. Pretentious yes, but he is going to go from seeing her on a daily basis to probably only seeing her a few times a year if he is lucky and makes the effort. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I just don't think she's that great, and she seems too young for Serena now given all the SORASing that happened to the other people in her age group.

I don't think she's a good actress either. I never watched her on GH but I did see her in Lizzie McGuire and thought she was terrible then and she and I are close in age. Saw her in some dolphin movies years ago and didnt care for her in that either.

It's funny. Carly Schroeder, for a bit, seemed to get work and then...silence. I really can't say if she is a good, bad, or mediocre actress based on seeing her at age 7 [haven't seen any more recent stuff], but if she is bad/mediocre...she fits right in with  good portion of the cast now.

Of course, the writing doesn't help any of the cast, but still...

• Love 2

I liked CS on port Charles but I'm not expecting much soaps were much differnt back then now they only get one take from my understanding but it will be nice to see her with Lucy and Scotty and Kevin and Lynn and kin seem excited about it.

I too can't speak to what kind of actress she is now, but the rapport I imagine she still has with Kin/Lynn/Jon is something that you couldn't replicate with another actress.

I'm still stunned Serena is actually going to be allowed in the city limits.

• Love 6

I'm sad it took Peter Hansen's death to even get the show to bring her back, but it will still be great to see her again. She's a year and a half younger than me--her 27th birthday is in October. 

• Love 1
(edited)

IIRC CS was getting a lot of work in the mid-late 2000s in pretty legit stuff, then less so. I don't know what happened or if she took time off, but I'm more than willing to see if she's developed into a decent adult actress. If she hasn't you can always recast. It really doesn't matter to me much, but I am glad to see her. As for the visual her look doesn't bother me. It's also extremely possible we'll never see Serena again.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm fine with CS in guest spots. But if they wanted to bring her back I would want them to get another actress. Which I don't think would happen anyway unless FV ditched Nelle. (Or watch, it will turn out Nelle is really Serena somehow.)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

That is the kind of byzantine, pointless shit Frank and JP/SA would pull at this point, yes. "We switched identities! I was so tired of the scandal of being Scott Baldwin's daughter!"

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, she looked super young in that picture with Kin/Lynn/Jon, perhaps because she was in very casual clothes.  But she looks more mature/adult in that Instagram pic.  And I did notice that Serena's sipping scotch with Scotty and Lucy in the promo.

Serena was born on-screen in 1993 so she'd be 24/25 without SORASing.

And oh gawd, I remember when Serena was blind! 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

No thanks!

1st: Ew.

2nd: Seriously? To who?  Is there anyone in PC, aside from Liz, who gives half a shit that the murderhobo had been MIA?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

No thanks!

He died in a plane crash? Got run over by a bus? Was all just a Figment of her imagination? I know, he's really AJ!

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

2nd: Seriously? To who?  Is there anyone in PC, aside from Liz, who gives half a shit that the murderhobo had been MIA?

To the Franco/Friz stans who are apocalyptic about his absence.  Which, is pretty pathetic on the show's part. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

He died in a plane crash? Got run over by a bus? Was all just a Figment of her imagination? I know, he's really AJ!

He died on his way back to his home planet.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I miss your Constance Towers avatar, TeeVee329, but I understand the need for change.

I'm sure Helena will loop around again, but Valerie's "Bitch please" glare in this picture at Kelly really spoke to me.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

That is the kind of byzantine, pointless shit Frank and JP/SA would pull at this point, yes. "We switched identities! I was so tired of the scandal of being Scott Baldwin's daughter!"

To be fair, I would be tempted to change identities if I learned that Franco was my half brother.

• Love 10

Relatedly, I must again reiterate how happy I am that Serena's visit/Peter Hansen's memorial is happening with Roger Howarth off-canvas.  I could NOT with scenes of Franco weeping about never meeting his grandfather, or of Serena gushing about her awesome big brother.  Yack.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, I must again reiterate how happy I am that Serena's visit/Peter Hansen's memorial is happening with Roger Howarth off-canvas.  I could NOT with scenes of Franco weeping about never meeting his grandfather, or of Serena gushing about her awesome big brother.  Yack.

That God for small favors.

Ladies, ladies. Come on now:

"After you’ve partied down at the Official General Hospital Cast Luncheon, join Brytni Sarpy, Chloe Lanier and Hayley Erin for their First Annual Paint ‘n Dine Party! We’ll provide the paint and pens, canvases and coloring books… Everything you’ll need to have an amazing time with these three amazing ladies!! Join us Saturday evening, August 5th, from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm. Tickets are $125.00 per person."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, how old do they expect the attendees to be, 6? Coloring books? 

You couldn't pay me to go to this event  but adult coloring books are a big thing at the moment.  I see them in every store. And some people at my job have them.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, how old do they expect the attendees to be, 6? Coloring books? 

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know adult coloring books are a thing right now. They aren't my thing. At. All.

I love coloring! I don't need adult ones, though.  I'm perfectly fine with a good Winnie the Pooh kid version.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Ladies, ladies. Come on now:

"After you’ve partied down at the Official General Hospital Cast Luncheon, join Brytni Sarpy, Chloe Lanier and Hayley Erin for their First Annual Paint ‘n Dine Party! We’ll provide the paint and pens, canvases and coloring books… Everything you’ll need to have an amazing time with these three amazing ladies!!Join us Saturday evening, August 5th, from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm. Tickets are $125.00 per person."

I remember Nancy Lee Grahn used to (maybe she still does) do an "Ice Cream Social" that sounded very 1800's-esque, but I'd take that over spending time with these three snores.

• Love 4
On 7/10/2017 at 7:27 PM, Sake614 said:

Can't believe no one posted the obvious: That Liz says she locked Freako in a bathroom with a year's supply of soap and shampoo and won't release him 'til he bathes, as she can't stand being near his dirty self.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Can't believe no one posted the obvious: That Liz says she locked Freako in a bathroom with a year's supply of soap and shampoo and won't release him 'til he bathes, as she can't stand being near his dirty self.

Random Port Charles Citizen: Liz, where's Franco? I haven't seen him around for a while.

Liz (shifty-eyed): Um, not sure. He said something about having to settle a lawsuit?

RPCC: Oh. Hey, what's with the body bag?

Liz: This? Just some trash. Want to help me push it into the water?

RPCC: Sure!

*SPLASH*

RPCC: I don't why, but I feel so much better!

Liz: Me, too!

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Random Port Charles Citizen: Liz, where's Franco? I haven't seen him around for a while.

Liz (shifty-eyed): Um, not sure. He said something about having to settle a lawsuit?

RPCC: Oh. Hey, what's with the body bag?

Liz: This? Just some trash. Want to help me push it into the water?

RPCC: Sure!

*SPLASH*

RPCC: I don't why, but I feel so much better!

Liz: Me, too!

You're hired!

• Love 5