Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean I liked some of what RC did. And I'm not ashamed! He can and has produced good work.

I don't think Jelly have done one good thing tbh. 

I liked some of what RC did too. Early Ava and early Ava/Morgan, Scorpio returns - especially fall of 2013, AJ/Carly hate sex, lack of focus on Sonny. All pluses in my book. I also liked the water poisoning and 1% stuff. Maybe one other thing but that's pretty much it.

EDIT: Well, there goes my day. Knew it would happen, but I still held out hope.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6
(edited)
55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Awww, a bullet of love to you, UYI!

Awww. :)

I mean, I DO worry that's my oversensitivity speaking. I know the difference between speaking a firm dissenting opinion and just being unnecessarily rude or mean. But the phrase "there's no accounting for taste" really does have a point. That's all. 

And hey! Even if there's someone whose opinion you don't agree with here (or vice versa), there's often something else about GH/whatever else that you guys DO agree with! Some people have more similar opinions than others, but one thing I like about message boards like this is finding people where you may strongly disagree about one thing concerning this show, but both equally love another couple or character. I think that's great. :)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ron tried. He failed a lot, but I think he put effort into his stories. I feel like Passanante and Altman don't. 

RE: Howarth, I'm hoping one of his demands was a more limited role. And/or a TG-style vacation break.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
(edited)
15 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

EDIT: Well, there goes my day. Knew it would happen, but I still held out hope.

Agreed, I never thought Frank and co. would actually let him get away, but still, it's always sad when hope dies.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, I'm also not going to apologize for liking some of what Ron did when he first took over.  I mean, it wasn't perfect at all - D.I.D. Connie, anyone - but I found it infinitely more watchable than it had been under the Guz the last few years of his reign.

I'm not asking you to apologize I'm simply stating Ron isn't a good writer. All this show does is move from bad writer to bad writer.

9 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

On the positive side I read that there going to do a special episode honoring Peter Hansen that's supposed to air in July.

Kin Shriner's 40th anniversary on the show is in August. I hope they do something for him and Scott, too. I'm sure Kin will probably remember it on Twitter. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

On the positive side I read that there going to do a special episode honoring Peter Hansen that's supposed to air in July.

Oooh good to hear!  Please let us see Serena!  And please let Franco be off-screen that day!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, I'm also not going to apologize for liking some of what Ron did when he first took over.  I mean, it wasn't perfect at all - D.I.D. Connie, anyone - but I found it infinitely more watchable than it had been under the Guz the last few years of his reign.

It's weird--with Guza, you have someone who clearly loved pissing on the show's history, but because of the good dialogue writers back then, you could say, "Hey, at least the characters are SAYING smart things as their history gets destroyed!" (Um...yay, I guess?)  And then with Ron, the dialogue may have suffered a lot, but he cared more about character history. It's a strange rock in a hard place situation.

And then, there's Garin Wolf and JP/SA--I don't know how to categorize them. (Especially the latter--I've been gone from this show for pretty much their whole reign. I haven't regularly checked the main thread or the spoiler thread in AGES.) 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oooh good to hear!  Please let us see Serena!  And please let Franco be off-screen that day!

I would love to see Serena even for just a vist but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

I said most, bitch

I just wanted to know if she actually did something decent! Never actually saw her stuff. And hopefully won't.

58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Agreed, I never thought Frank and co. would actually let him get away, but still, it's always sad when hope dies.

Blurg. I did have a leetle hope. I can't believe he doesn't have enough money to put this shit behind him, but whatever. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, In2You said:

No she had already done the Zenon movies whole on Days. She left for Primetime to do the short lived CBS show Clubhouse.  

Thanks.

A Serena visit could happen!  We know that Carly Schroeder is still friendly with Kin, and she obviously knew Peter Hansen, so I could see her being willing to do it.  And if they are planning an actual tribute episode, someone might remind Frank and Jean and Shelly that Serena exists!  

Jelly have had like or or two good ideas but then almost immediately squandered it. Like Hayden working for Tracy, that was a decent twist.

I would love to know the details of these contracts. Like what could Frank not give Tyler Christopher but he could manage to give RoHo. Not that I think he gave anything extra to him but that he caved. I just think RHo made more than TC either way.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess this means he'll escape from that rock on Cassadine Island. 

He'll probably be found by a tour group, since the formerly remote and impregnable island seems to be accessible to anyone these days …

• Love 4
2 hours ago, UYI said:

It's weird--with Guza, you have someone who clearly loved pissing on the show's history, but because of the good dialogue writers back then, you could say, "Hey, at least the characters are SAYING smart things as their history gets destroyed!" (Um...yay, I guess?)  And then with Ron, the dialogue may have suffered a lot, but he cared more about character history. It's a strange rock in a hard place situation.

And then, there's Garin Wolf and JP/SA--I don't know how to categorize them. (Especially the latter--I've been gone from this show for pretty much their whole reign. I haven't regularly checked the main thread or the spoiler thread in AGES.) 

I dunno, RC would get all excited about History! and then crap all over it while mangling characters  in service of bad stories. Looking at you, Dante/Valerie, Patrick/everyone, NuZenSam and every single Maxie story

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

And that awful Levi character he inflicted on us.

At least--for once, anyway--it didn't take all that long for Ron to write him off. 

Wasn't KSt let go from Days for the same reasons that Robyn Richards was from GH? I think TPTB wanted Belle Black to look more 'grown up'.

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I dunno, RC would get all excited about History! and then crap all over it while mangling characters  in service of bad stories. Looking at you, Dante/Valerie, Patrick/everyone, NuZenSam and every single Maxie story

Also:

• Luke/Anna 
  • Robert missing his daughter's funeral because his best friend and ex-wife lie to him that Ethan is his son and in trouble 
  • Instead of having Frisco and Maxie connect, he decides to do an awful version of Mac/Felicia/Frisco 
  • Duke picking the mob over Anna multiple times over 
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

KSt was really popular over there, I don't think they let her go.

She left to film Clubhouse which was canceled after 1 season. 

• Love 3
On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 9:22 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I mean I liked some of what RC did. And I'm not ashamed! He can and has produced good work.

I don't think Jelly have done one good thing tbh. 

I agree.   We at least had something different.  Something that wasn't "Sonny is so great.  Carly is the most awesome."  We had a soap.  He just got bogged down by budget, trying to please everyone and burning out, and rebelling against network and fans.   Also, dealing with certain male diva actors wasn't easy.  They should have followed SBu and SK's suit and left.  Plus, you know... Franco.  Ugh.  

However, Jelly has turned the show into a hot mess of bullshit.  The show is unrecognizable.  

• Love 3

William deVry‏Verified account @WilliamdeVry1 42m42 minutes ago
So these scenes w @lldubs attorney and @MauriceBenard . Good stuff. Restaurant scenes..ahem...not bed!! Bed scenes were meh??

Maurice Benard‏Verified account 
Replying to @WilliamdeVry1
thanks Will The only thing that really matters is the acting at least for me???

Sounds like they're joking, but MB re-tweeted and then untweeted Will's tweet, so MB was probably just joking the way he was always just joking whenever he commented on anything Chad posted in relation to AJ/SK lol.

• Love 1

I hate Jelly and Ron.

Jelly because they don't give a fuck about trying to write stories that make sense.

Ron because his ass fucked up Sam's baby story and saddled her with fifty versions of Michael Easton characters. Plus he was an asshole on Twitter.

Jean is gaining in on his territory. The Danny baby thing came about because she was once again being a smartass to Sam/Jasam fans on Twitter.

• Love 2

Yeah saw last week where Jean posted about RoHo re-signing, saying something like 'Frizzies, you can relax now' or some such nonsense. Does it really make a difference though when your show's ratings are on its 17th STRAIGHT WEEK of lows?? Does she not consider that the murderhobo being shoved front and center might have something to do with folks fleeing?

I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go look but, I'm wondering how these ratings compare to what they were when Ron got canned. They have to be pretty close, right? And I don't see any signs that storylines are being revamped because of the ratings, so what the fuck is Uncle Frank doing to fix them? Or have we moved the goalposts yet again, and 1.7 is the 'new normal'??

• Love 11
(edited)

I think RC got himself fired over something other than ratings. If it had been ratings then Jelly would've been told to take the show in another direction. Instead, they played out every single one of RC's boring crappy stories to their lame conclusions.

Meanwhile, the ratings are still incredibly low and FV has managed to chase off all of the show's leading men in an attempt to (I guess?) make ME and RoHo the leads of another show he's going to drive into cancellation

Since RC has been the consistent factor, he's receiving the bulk of my irritation but I think Jelly really are terrible

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Ron because his ass fucked up Sam's baby story and saddled her with fifty versions of Michael Easton characters. Plus he was an asshole on Twitter.

While Ron's to blame for the writing ("Your baby has cancer, laters!"), I think Frank is more of the Michael Easton fan.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

While Ron's to blame for the writing ("Your baby has cancer, laters!"), I think Frank is more of the Michael Easton fan.

FV reportedly liked the chemistry between ME and KeMo during the What If series and is the one that brought him over to GH in the first place.

(edited)

Oh yeah, I was irritated by it because McBain was exactly who he's always been while Sam and Jason were out of character to service his story. Plus, I loved Liam and if Brody wasn't going to be his father then McBain doesn't get to use him for sadz while he bonds with his new love interest

Having said that, I did think Sam/McBain had chemistry. I just hated the story

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Oh yeah, I was irritated by it because McBain was exactly who he's always been while Sam and Jason were out of character to service his story. Plus, I loved Liam and if Brody wasn't going to be his father then McBain doesn't get to use him for sadz while he bonds with his new love interest

What the hell was the OLTL IIC smoking? Poor Brody was stripped of any kid. I was never a big Jessica / Brody or McBain/Natalie shipper. But Brody deserved to be a biological parent to one of those poor boys. Liam got stuck with McBain. Poor kid. He didn't deserve that. Screw it, I'm going with it was all a test mix up and Brody got his son officially back a week after McBain went away from PC.

Sam did have chemistry with McBain. It could've worked. But then the dumbass lawsuit happened and so McBain disappeared, Silas turned up and it all went downhill. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

while Sam and Jason were out of character to service his story.

Yep. I have no patience for "triangles" that can only happen when characters aren't themselves.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

But Retconia, he had to get justice for his siszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

My favorite part of that whole story, honestly, was the off-screen revelation that Natalie had fled the country with Liam after Todd sent her the photos of John and Sam kissing and took John's passport with her so he couldn't follow.  Bad ass, Nat.  Meanwhile, John - apparently a super connected FBI agent - just slinks back to Port Charles to sulk.  Whatever, bro.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But Retconia, he had to get justice for his siszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

My favorite part of that whole story, honestly, was the off-screen revelation that Natalie had fled the country with Liam after Todd sent her the photos of John and Sam kissing and took John's passport with her so he couldn't follow.  Bad ass, Nat.  Meanwhile, John - apparently a super connected FBI agent - just slinks back to Port Charles to sulk.  Whatever, bro.

Yeah, that John sure does care about his son! He tried, like, one whole time!

You know, I didn't really mind. Sam and McBain worked for me (subsequent Michael Easton characters, not so much), even if it was more of the same. They did have chemistry, and let's be honest, the fact that, for once, Jason was the loser helped. And Natalie and Clint may have have taken a trip under an offscreen bus, but it was worth it to know she was finally free of him. (And it led to some good Clint/Natalie scenes on OLTL 2.0)

ETA: Retconia was stupid, though. Just the fact that Sonny was a mobster would be enough to earn McBain's disdain - the man's entire identity was SuperCop. There was no need to manufacture some personal vendetta. WE NEVER CARED. Also, Anna and McBain were a little fun.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 6

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Sam/McBain (didn't we call them McBam?) had chemistry. And Jason was such a complete dick then. Which I didn't think was necessarily OOC. Well, even if it was, it worked for me because then he died. That glorious day on the docks, that really should have ended it.

• Love 10