Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

First her son, and now her husband. These family members (not just Maura West) need to shut up, especially with the thinly veiled threats.

And why so rude? It's a fictional character, people. Simmer down. Or yeah, don't reply at all.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, ulkis said:

uhhhh

Soaps In Depth ABC @soapsindepthabc

It doesn't bother me because I look at it as the reason she was never really GOOD at being in the mob.

Which was in response to this post:

I appreciate vulnerability, but it bothers me that "Ava Jerome" does not instill fear and respect in Port Charles.

and then MW's husband said:

Scott DeFreitas @scottdefreitas1

Be careful Dick. You're talking out of your ass. Want to check receipts? Ava Jerome was the BEST mobster. And more.

The Alcazar Brothers were better. Faith was better. Fluke was better.

But, if Ava was never good in the first place, why did she come onboard as a kickass cold-blooded assassin?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Maybe there is some behind the scenes rumblings with people about to be cut and they are freaked out.

They need to cut 3/4 of the cast and the writers.  But if Ava dies, I want Monica to slap the blonde off her.... For AJ.  She was responsible for his murder!  She ruined AJ's life and helped end it.  Ava killed Connie over weak ass Julian and cost AJ the last 6 mos of his life.  Punch her in the face, Monica!  

• Love 5
On 3/30/2017 at 6:18 AM, Asp Burger said:

Maybe they're pals and the tone is just reading badly because of the character limit, but "Lilly Melgar stay out of it"? 

It was directed to his wife, Paula. If it weren't Twitter, it would look like this: "Stay out of it, Paula. You're too close to home." (Not adding the heart at the end, because barf).

But because Paula was originally responding to Lilly, it looked like Mo might have said "stay out of it" to her. 

• Love 2
On 3/30/2017 at 4:31 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

First her son, and now her husband. 

Wait, what? What did her son say on Twitter? When was this? I can't believe I missed that. 

4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Fuck Connie and fuck AJ.

More than willing to concede the former, but Ava should have died a long time ago for the latter.

Yes, Sonny should share that fate. That's not in dispute.

But let's not pretend that fucking Ava is not some loser who simply can't walk the walk and doesn't simpler and cry when she gets caught out doing her heinous shit, JUST LIKE SONNY. 

And while Sonny hasn't paid even a tenth of a percent for all he's done, Ava never paid for murdering Connie, or making the last months of AJ's life a living hell, either. 

Sonny and Ava are EXACTLY the same and I have no problem wanting both of them to suffer and pay the same price for their crimes.

• Love 6
(edited)

*shrugs* I had absolutely no use for either Connie or AJ. So I could give a flying fuck that they're dead or if Ava pays for it. AJ was only good for one thing for me - having hate sex with Carly. If he's not going to be around for that, he's useless to me. Bye.

Edited by tvgoddess
35 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

*shrugs* I had absolutely no use for either Connie or AJ. So I could give a flying fuck that they're dead or if Ava pays for it. AJ was only good for one thing for me - having hate sex with Carly. If he's not going to be around for that, he's useless to me. Bye.

And Ava is of absolutely no use to me and hasn't been since the day she slithered into this show. She's among the second tier of dead weight that needs to go, and she should have gone long before AJ did. 

• Love 5

AJ's whole return was pointless. They should've just kept him dead. I really can't stand back from the deads on soaps anymore. They're always so poorly written and most of the time they end of killing the character off again anyway.

Ava is awful . That bitch should've been bit the dust like Connie long ago.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maura's super-Extra son cracks me up on many levels. Good for you, kid.

Scott De Fritos OTOH is embarrassing himself.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, In2You said:

AJ's whole return was pointless. They should've just kept him dead. I really can't stand back from the deads on soaps anymore. They're always so poorly written and most of the time they end of killing the character off again anyway.

Ava is awful . That bitch should've been bit the dust like Connie long ago.

AJ was great because it introduced Michael to the Quartermaine side by exposing the truth.  And let's face it,  no one was going to tell him and he wouldn't believe them.  It had to be AJ.  The writers dropped the ball,  majorly and continue to do so.  However, it was a long awaited moment of chickens coming home to roost.  Nothing was going to make Micheal see what was going on in his life- till then.  

Micheal should still hate Carly, Sonny,  and Ava.  Jason should as well.  I still believe that Jason would always choose Micheal's side over anyone.  Ava  should have died a very long time ago.  It feels like a lot of characters were ruined/stories ruined, so Sonny and Ava could have a weird  hate relationship and a useless baby  (that's probably Morgan 's)

• Love 11

The first week or two of AJ's return was one of the best things Ron C. did on GH, IMO.  That reveal was the capstone to Faison kicking Jason into the drink and it was wonderful to see Monica get a non-mobular child back.  I foolishly thought it was the beginning of the end for the mob on this show and that TBTP were going to rebuild the families that once made this show great, such as the Quartermaines, the Wards, the Webbers, the Scorpios, the Baldwins, etc.  But then RC immediately threw AJ into Pickle Lila and panic attacks, didn't give him enough time with Michael or Liz, and disappeared the character for months before stupidly killing him off again.  And of course Sonny got away with another vicious murder, the show went back to the same old Corinthii bullshit (plus Franco and Nina), and I tuned back out.

• Love 15

AJ should still be alive and maybe his death has a lot to do with Sonny/MB being the lead on this show?  AJ should have at least one or two children from previous relationships show up at the mansion to breathe in new life and Michael should still be disgusted at CarSon and Jason!

• Love 6

Yes.  I don't  buy AJ having anxiety attacks,  unless he'd had them as a teen and that led him to drinking  (which would have been a great story,  an actual story)  The dude had survived death,  charges, missing dead family members, Carly and Sonny, and alcoholism.... And working at ELQ (a job he'd had before ) and having his son in his life made him have anxiety? Also, no way would AJ have cared about relish.  Tracy wouldn't either tbh.  

Just now, Darklazr said:

AJ should still be alive and maybe his death has a lot to do with Sonny/MB being the lead on this show?  AJ should have at least one or two children from previous relationships show up at the mansion to breathe in new life and Michael should still be disgusted at CarSon and Jason!

I'm surprised  the show  won't write that.  The town is literally all Corinti DNA now.  In a few years, they're heading into incest. 

• Love 6

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-nancy-lee-grahn-dishes-on-alexis-falling-off-the-wagon-the-julexis-conundrum-and-her-emmy-nominated-work/2017/04/01/

What are your hopes moving forward for Alexis?

NANCY:   I don’t want to go back to just being a caretaker, and being there for everyone.  They now have dimensionalized Alexis, and they gave her an inner-life.  It has been really fun and gratifying.  These ladies, (GH head writers: Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante) appreciate women.  Jean Passanante is as passionate about politics as I am.  She is so on it, and we are simpatico in that way.  Jean and Shelly are interesting women. They appreciate women who have a moral compass and a moral code, because they relate to it, and they get it.  They think it’s interesting, and it is interesting. I have hope for Alexis’ future.

Appreciate women? Okay, Nancy.

• Love 11

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with NLG, I don't think they've dimensionalized Alexis so much as weakened her.

I do agree with her that they could have done more with Olivia J. being Alexis' sponsor, I liked that soapy little twist.

• Love 7
(edited)

I do still wonder what went down. Did FV really want to get rid of de Vry? Was he so impatient he had to do it in one fell swoop? You'd think he'd have been savvier and pushed them to the backburner instead.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I do still wonder what went down. Did FV really want to get rid of de Vry? Was he so impatient he had to do it in one fell swoop? You'd think he'd be savvier and pushed them to the backburner instead.

Over on OLTL, if FV wanted an actor gone, they were out the door!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Too bad Jason didn't finsh off Sam with a bullet to the head.  Had no use for her since 2003.

Shrug.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

What are your hopes moving forward for Alexis?

NANCY:   I don’t want to go back to just being a caretaker, and being there for everyone.  They now have dimensionalized Alexis, and they gave her an inner-life.  It has been really fun and gratifying.  These ladies, (GH head writers: Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante) appreciate women.  Jean Passanante is as passionate about politics as I am.  She is so on it, and we are simpatico in that way.  Jean and Shelly are interesting women. They appreciate women who have a moral compass and a moral code, because they relate to it, and they get it.  They think it’s interesting, and it is interesting. I have hope for Alexis’ future.

Sick April Fool's joke, Nancy!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if it was because TW wasn't going to be around very long. (For now, at any rate.)

Maybe. I doubt there was any scheduling conflict on TW's part.

• Love 1

NGL is more unlikable  with every interview.   Um... Your on screen daughter is making nice  with a rapist,  one can't  live without a hand in her pants, and the other has disappeared.   Also, your character is a prop for a man.  So shut your face, Nancy.  

• Love 5

I don't think there's a place for Olivia in the long run, but I think that story could have had more time. I wish Olivia hadn't been connected to Morgan's death. It let Sonny off the hook way too easily.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think there's a place for Olivia in the long run, but I think that story could have had more time. I wish Olivia hadn't been connected to Morgan's death. It let Sonny off the hook way too easily.

Ava and Sonny should have both been responsible for Kiki and Morgan's deaths!

• Love 3

From NLG's interview:  

If Alexis went into a meeting and all of sudden she’s sober, that’s not the way it is in real life.  That’s not what happens and the statistics don’t support that.  Now that may be what happens in soap opera, but it’s not what happens in real life and not without a lot of slippage.

Come on, when does that ever happen on a soap opera? Every time I've ever seen an alcoholic character on a soap, from Sue Ellen on Dallas to Alison on Melrose Place to AJ on General Hospital, it all but defines the character. There's a fall off the wagon every sweeps period. I don't think I've ever seen a show do "one meeting, all better." If anything, they lean too heavily on it as a source for continuing drama: either actual relapses or temptation (staring at the bottle/hovering outside the door of a bar or liquor store).

Now, on a sitcom, alcoholism might be introduced for a two-part very special episode and then rarely/never mentioned in the future, but not a soap.   

Re: the interview as a whole. It's classic NLG. She's an unusual combination of good team player and loose cannon. Whatever she's getting now is the best thing she's ever had. You find out later what she really thought, in retrospective comments (e.g., "Nexis and the Cassadines sucked, Sexis is where it's at" circa 2002).

The comment about this being the first year she's submitted material she wasn't embarrassed by is impolitic. But if I look at it all from her point of view, I can see the last year being one she'd consider good, just on the "actor showcase" level. Blackouts, phone-throwing, her husband holding a knife on her, disbarment, and all that. I did think her scenes at the hospital, the day she was looking at the meeting schedule on the bulletin board and talked with Laura, and then went to the meeting, were some of her best on GH.   

I cannot believe she enjoyed that breastfeeding nonsense with Olivia F. and Mayor Lomax, though. 

• Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, katie9918 said:

And Ava is of absolutely no use to me and hasn't been since the day she slithered into this show.

Congratulations?

I realize I'm at a table for one. That's fine, more steak, pasta, chocolate and wine for me.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1

I just read a quote from former GH co-head-writer Charles Pratt that is illuminating. He's talking not about General Hospital but another show he wrote. It's a well-remembered prime-time soap of the '90s. Since there were not many, and he's famous for one in particular, that should narrow it down.

I won't quote it in full because I'm not sure it's okay (being about a different show), but he talks about how this one female character hadn't really "popped." She had come on originally as a tough, sarcastic, independent character, and "there was a lot of wanting this feminist character to work. This is gonna be the woman who doesn’t have any kind of guy! She doesn’t need a guy to define herself!’” The innovative story Pratt and the other scribes came up with was....pregnancy. "Motherhood — and having her baby stolen [...] — softened her up. Here’s a baby she wasn’t expecting and didn’t want, and it gets taken away again and again. That’s a great arc.”

Different writers on GH now, and more than 20 years later, but we haven't come so far, have we?  

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Congratulations?

I realize I'm at a table for one. That's fine, more steak, pasta, chocolate and wine for me.

I love MW and Ava so Table for Two....pass the chocolate please!

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I cannot believe she enjoyed that breastfeeding nonsense with Olivia F. and Mayor Lomax, though. 

I KNOW. I'm with her that it's an important issue—it's beyond ridiculous that in 2017, too many women still have to assert their lawful right to breast-feed in public—but the show handled it in its usual clunky way.

• Love 1
On 4/1/2017 at 11:19 AM, Chairperson Meow said:

Yes.  I don't  buy AJ having anxiety attacks,  unless he'd had them as a teen and that led him to drinking  (which would have been a great story,  an actual story)  The dude had survived death,  charges, missing dead family members, Carly and Sonny, and alcoholism.... And working at ELQ (a job he'd had before ) and having his son in his life made him have anxiety? Also, no way would AJ have cared about relish.  Tracy wouldn't either tbh.  

I'm surprised  the show  won't write that.  The town is literally all Corinti DNA now.  In a few years, they're heading into incest. 

I bought his anxiety attacks, because he had stopped drinking and his psychois had to manifest somewhere. Billy Warlock came up with the explanation that AJ's alcoholism came from being obessive complusive.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I KNOW. I'm with her that it's an important issue—it's beyond ridiculous that in 2017, too many women still have to assert their lawful right to breast-feed in public—but the show handled it in its usual clunky way.

And it's not like Alexis' lawyering saved the day.  Wasn't it some stunt whipped up by Carly for everyone to take their tops off or something?

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

And it's not like Alexis' lawyering saved the day.  Wasn't it some stunt whipped up by Carly for everyone to take their tops off or something?

It was Nina who whipped off her top. Of course.

• Love 5

That interview with NLG...sorry there are times Alexis has been presented as having it all together i.e. her job, and other times when she has been presented as a neurotic mess, that is one of the things she liked about the character: she is multi-faceted. I get that she enjoys playing an alcoholic, but come on. While I get why she might like them, my personal opinion, Jelly can be just a misogynistic as RC and Guza. If Jelly put their political beliefs where there mouth are, they should have  Sonny's gun rights revoked because apparently he still carrying around a gun. 

• Love 3
(edited)

and I guess people were mean to chloe in that tweet because:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSg0F6uD-qs/

generalhospitalabcIt's easy to forget that there are real people behind the characters you love (and love to hate). In point of fact: our resident goofball @chloelanier123... correction: our resident, Daytime Emmy-nominated, goofball. #WomanCrushWednesday#WCW #GH #GeneralHospital

it's always a little embarrassing to throw in the "daytime emmy-nominated" part when it's almost a shoe-in category like younger actress or actor.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

She really does.

I get they're trying to be lighthearted and fun with those tweets, but they need to think twice before posting them. And FWIW, most of the negative tweets were aimed at Nelle, not Chloe Lanier personally.

• Love 1