Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, General Days said:

I think Giddens is one of the biggest soap hacks there is. So, um, there. (Sorry, I really don't like him. I think he's a phony.)

No, I don't like him either. That's why I said "oh crap" about him making me laugh. It was distressing!

• Love 3
On 3/13/2017 at 6:58 AM, Asp Burger said:

Most of the time on the show, Becky is either in scrubs or, you know, "Mom-at-home-wear." She does occasionally dress up when there's some town soiree, but she misses a lot of those, because the writing requires her to be at the desk when the gunshot victim from said event comes in on a stretcher. So I could see why she might want to go for "polished" at a fan event. Just a theory.  

Like my dad. He worked in factories all his life, so when he retired in 2013, he started wearing dress shirts and pants, fancy shoes, and pullover sweaters!

• Love 5

He reminds me of Marshawn Lynch:

"I'm contractually obligated to be here."

"I'm here so I won't get fined."

"We have 3 more minutes if this."

"I'm here just so I won't get fined."

• Love 7

Huh. Maybe they stuck him with this s*** stain of a character so he couldn't count on his character's popularity to keep him on the show. Instead he's always going to be beholden to Uncle Frank for this steady paycheck

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
On 3/5/2017 at 11:36 PM, amaranta said:

So I linked to the article on KMc in Soap Opera Digest and I see from the cover that Vincent Irizarry is available.  He's is one vet from the other defunct ABC soaps I would like to see.  I enjoyed him with Anna.  I have no idea where the Valentine story is going but I think VI would make a better option - she could possibly be redeemed for embarking on the Revenge for Duke tour.  And she did just mention Leora, much to my surprise, since it's non-GH history.

Irizarry was horrible on Days of Our Lives, but the writing did him no favors. His character was a Kiriakis, born in Greece, who spent decades in a Greek prison, before coming to Salem. Apparently, the Greek prison was on Long Island, because he didn't even attempt to tone down his accent. His story line has gone from stupid to creepy then back to stupid. I really hope he doesn't show up on GH. 

On 3/8/2017 at 2:22 PM, ch1 said:

So what happens to the Qs? Is Dillion the only main character with the name right now?  

Personally I'd bring back Ned and AJ full time.

I'm so sorry Jane is leaving (for us, that is). They should bring Ned back full time, because Days isn't using Wally right, anyhow.

On 3/11/2017 at 6:03 PM, ulkis said:

I didn't really think anything of it when she first left the show - by which I mean I thought maybe it was but I didn't think oh that's definitely it. But now I do (although I'm not like oh, that's GOTTA be it, although I do think it likely). Her hair, her listless demeanor, her facial breakout. Honestly, the make-up people didn't help. I would have thought less of some acne than the make-up they pancaked on her face. 

But, whatever it is, I think she came back too early last time.

When she returned after her skin-issues leave, she looked worse -- much thinner than she was before the leave. They've been shooting her from funny angles, futzing with her lighting, and putting her hair in front of her face, and yes -- the makeup is so bad and is probably not helping her skin issues.

22 hours ago, jsbt said:

No. This was just a dumb idea, period.

I do think doing more PR was part of a negotiation over his breaks/outs.

Yeah, I know. I think I'd just prefer intentional malice to this level of blind stupidity

• Love 3

Has anyone ever listened to DC Podcast? Does Jamey Giddens & that woman really talk like that in real life? I had to turn it off like 2 minutes into the show. My god! All that yelling and screaming & talking like they've never been in school and taught English. Yeah, I won't be tuning anytime soon....again. 

As for, KS. I hope she gets the help she needs. It looks like the show was trying to work with her through all of this through makeup, hair extensions, fuzzy lighting & non close ups but it was too serious to continue. I'm not sure if it was their call or hers but hopefully she'll get help. The one thing I always thought was weird was she got a permanent dent or dimple mark on her cheek that she didn't have before. I don't know how one would get that later in life but it was obvious something was going on and adding makeup to it made it look like she was punched. Anyway, there's been no word if they are recasting or just writing Maxie out. There's also no way to determine if this will affect RP part in the show either. They don't tape as far in advance as DOOL (I think a month or so) and, I'm guessing we will here something soon. 

Edited by ByaNose
On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 5:47 PM, General Days said:

Irizarry was horrible on Days of Our Lives, but the writing did him no favors. His character was a Kiriakis, born in Greece, who spent decades in a Greek prison, before coming to Salem. Apparently, the Greek prison was on Long Island, because he didn't even attempt to tone down his accent. His story line has gone from stupid to creepy then back to stupid. I really hope he doesn't show up on GH.

I was excited. Was of course, horrified and bored to tears with the intro and stopped. VI was wasted. Sure he is 50+, but believable as Victor's brother? Nope. Believable accent? Not even close. Especially with the decades in a Greek prison. All of the supposed fiancee crap. They should've just made him a nephew. Hell, make him Justin's unknown brother. Anything made more sense.

• Love 1

VI would have been great as Julian - and maybe with a better actor they'd have allowed him to do something other than standing around in boxer briefs and being mannipplelated* by every big bad who hits town

*™ Michael "Sonny" Corinthos

• Love 4

The dumbest thing about VI on Days, is that they didn't even try to connect Deimos with Adrienne. JE and VI were good as Lujack and Beth all those years ago. A triangle with Justin, Adrienne and Deimos could have been good. I've given up trying to understand what the writers on any soap are thinking these days. VI isn't needed on GH, though. Too many actors already wasted.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

VI would have been great as Julian - and maybe with a better actor they'd have allowed him to do something other than standing around in boxer briefs and being mannipplelated* by every big bad who hits town

*™ Michael "Sonny" Corinthos

Mercy.  No.  No need to waste VI on the dregs that is Alexis/NLG.  *shudder*

Maybe 1990's Alexis, but present day Alexis/NLG?  No.  

• Love 1

Part of the problem with current day Alexis is the garbage storylines with Julian from the past few years. I think a VI Julian would have been given more to do.

I don't think he should be added to the already bloated cast, I just think he would've been a better casting choice if FV/RC had been casting for the character instead of the love scenes

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

The dumbest thing about VI on Days, is that they didn't even try to connect Deimos with Adrienne. JE and VI were good as Lujack and Beth all those years ago. A triangle with Justin, Adrienne and Deimos could have been good. I've given up trying to understand what the writers on any soap are thinking these days. VI isn't needed on GH, though. Too many actors already wasted.

I LOVED VI as Lujack and was a huge Lujack/Beth shipper, but yeah, GH doesn't need him.  They're already too bloated.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I LOVED VI as Lujack and was a huge Lujack/Beth shipper, but yeah, GH doesn't need him.  They're already too bloated.

He'd either be another foil for Sonny and Jason, or he'd be wasted, or both.

As far as VI having been Julian..he's far too everything to be wasted on the character of Alexis.

• Love 2

There was never any reason to make Julian a statutory rapist so that he could be Sam's father. His relationships with Lucas, Anna and Duke should have been enough. Unfortunately, RC isn't really happy with a soap story until he's added a sex crime.

• Love 5

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Alexis was 16. From what I remember, Julian was at least a grad student when he was in Port Charles and I'm pretty sure he and his friends were drinking legally in the bar.

Edited by Oracle42
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

There was never any reason to make Julian a statutory rapist so that he could be Sam's father. His relationships with Lucas, Anna and Duke should have been enough. Unfortunately, RC isn't really happy with a soap story until he's added a sex crime.

Meh, NLG gobbled up the sex aspect of julexis with a passion. Thirsty she is/was.  So I don't think it was only RC that was "happy" with the sex crime angle.  

I really can't stand her or the character of Alexis.  And I used to really like NLG back on Santa Barbara a lifetime ago.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Alexis was 16. From what I remember, Julian was at least a grad student when he was in Port Charles and I'm pretty sure he and his friends were drinking legally in the bar.

Wasn't the hookup in New Hampshire, or wherever Alexis' boarding school was?

Relatedly, whatever you think of Julian, I've seen folks on Twitter being all, "They should change Sam's paternity, Julian sucks too much to be Sam's father, blah blah."  NO.  They finally snipped that dangling thread, let it stay sniped.  And if Lucas is stuck with him, Sam fans can suck it up too.

• Love 10

Sam and Julian are both adults (supposedly™ Silas Clay), so I don't know why it matters. It's not as if the writers use the family connection for anything meaningful. Someone else as Sam's father wouldn't change that.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

Meh, NLG gobbled up the sex aspect of julexis with a passion. Thirsty she is/was.  

I really can't stand her or the character of Alexis.  And I used to really like NLG back on Santa Barbara a lifetime ago.  

Well, I never watched SB on the regular, but if I could like and agree with your comments a million times, I would. Alexis is an atrocious person, and NLG is one note.

• Love 5

SID said, re: KSt, that she is going to be gone for 3 months, no recast and Maxie's absence will be explained.

3 months was how long she was supposed to be gone during her first leave of absence.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I could see them writing Maxie out as taking an extended trip to see Georgie.  Are we assuming Nathan will be around while she's gone?

He was mentioned in spoilers.

On 3/21/2017 at 5:13 PM, ulkis said:

SID said, re: KSt, that she is going to be gone for 3 months, no recast and Maxie's absence will be explained.

3 months was how long she was supposed to be gone during her first leave of absence.

They said 3 months in SID? Both times? 

Why don't they just come out and just say she's in a 90 day program? They're basically saying it.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Why don't they just come out and just say she's in a 90 day program? They're basically saying it.

I suppose because they could get into legal trouble.

I could swear they said 3 months the first time too, but I could be misremembering.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Artsda said:

I checked . . . yeah, Jen Lilley stated she was there for three months when she was first brought on.

• Love 1

Frank speaks. Too bad none of what he is saying is what is happening onscreen. Plenty to dig into though.

https://www.mediavillage.com/article/general-hospital-ep-frank-valentini-on-the-new-realities-of-daytime-drama/

The challenge is to make the show as exciting as possible every day, so that there’s something in it every day for the audience, either something that has a nostalgic flavor to it or is thrilling in terms of the storyline.

Ahem. FAIL.

• Love 13

For all the back patting he does in that interview, it is interesting to think about how changes in media et. al have effected the daytime soap opera over the years, how it is a very different animal than most other things out there, how these shows have to produce so many episodes a year when audiences are responding more and more to shows with shorter seasons, etc.

• Love 4