Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think supercouples are over. There will be always popular pairings, of course, but the way GH is written these days doesn't allow for something like a supercouple.

Oh yeah, supercouples as we knew them are over.  But while some of their pairings had fans (because all pairings have fans.  I mean, there is a very devoted corner of Twitter still salivating for Kristina with Parker, who we saw together maybe four times total), I don't think any of them really broke through in any meaningful way where you couldn't recast Michael/Morgan/Kristina because "it wouldn't be the same!" blah blah blah.

I agree with ulkis that Morgan/Ava probably came the closest.  Certainly closer than Morgan/Kiki, Michael/Kiki, Michael/Sabrina, Michael/Rosalie, Kristina/WhatHisName, etc.

• Love 3

I want Laura and Kevin to be a super couple, in the vein of Alan and Monica or Bo and Nora from OLTL.  Yes, super couples as we knew them are indeed over, but adjusted to today's scale of audience and attention, I would just enjoy that it happened with not Luke/AG.  (And I liked AG, and Luke and Laura, way back when.)

• Love 6

Finally finished the MB interview and was struck by this:

However, this man is still the most tortured soul, and he has to carry around that burden day in and day out of the ramifications of his mobster life.

Seriously? I mean could MF possibly suck up anymore? 

I did think overall it was a decent article. MB at least is keeping a slight sense of humor about things and i can't really blame him, as an actor, for wanting to stay the focus of the show. He does give praise to his fellow actors several times. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, In2You said:

All the Corinthos kids are easily replaceable. Not like Michael, Morgan, or Kristina have ever had any standout storylines.

Michael is not a Corinthos.  He is AJ Quartermaine's only child (that we know of).  Monica has already lost two of her children to Sonny and Carly- she doesn't need to lose her only biological grandchild.  If Michael leaves the canvas, he can go off to look at the rocks in Ireland like Lucky or go find himself in LA (where he'd find his dad).  

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Michael is not a Corinthos.  He is AJ Quartermaine's only child (that we know of).  Monica has already lost two of her children to Sonny and Carly- she doesn't need to lose her only biological grandchild.  If Michael leaves the canvas, he can go off to look at the rocks in Ireland like Lucky or go find himself in LA (where he'd find his dad).  

19 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

He was raised a Corinthos.  So he's a Corinthos

• Love 1
5 hours ago, amaranta said:

I want Laura and Kevin to be a super couple, in the vein of Alan and Monica or Bo and Nora from OLTL.  Yes, super couples as we knew them are indeed over, but adjusted to today's scale of audience and attention, I would just enjoy that it happened with not Luke/AG.  (And I liked AG, and Luke and Laura, way back when.)

I know Laura and Kevin have a pretty sizable fan base, but this Kevin and Lucy fan is still pretty pissed at the way FV/RC broke them up, considering the bs I went through as a fan when Lucy left Kevin for Ian (while as a admitted super Kevin/Lucy fan, I did like him with Eve to a degree.) They brought them back together, then had Lucy cheat on him with Scott (who I also root for, don't get me wrong) without giving any emotional reason outside of them being a couple previously, eventhough there were a few.  So in conclusion, I hope Laura and Kevin never become a super couple. Should this be in the Unpopular Opinion page? Frankly, I don't think Laura is anymore mature than Lucy. She still doesn't think there is much wrong in the way she dumped Scott or that she would use his affection for her to get things she needed (representation for Luke, Deception).

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I know Laura and Kevin have a pretty sizable fan base, but this Kevin and Lucy fan is still pretty pissed at the way FV/RC broke them up, considering the bs I went through as a fan when Lucy left Kevin for Ian (while as a admitted super Kevin/Lucy fan, I did like him with Eve to a degree.) They brought them back together, then had Lucy cheat on him with Scott (who I also root for, don't get me wrong) without giving any emotional reason outside of them being a couple previously, eventhough there were a few.  So in conclusion, I hope Laura and Kevin never become a super couple. Should this be in the Unpopular Opinion page? Frankly, I don't think Laura is anymore mature than Lucy. She still doesn't think there is much wrong in the way she dumped Scott or that she would use his affection for her to get things she needed (representation for Luke, Deception).

At least this time around, it makes sense that Kevin and Lucy self destructed. Lucy is a high maintenance woman. She has to have attention. Kevin was absorbed in his work and let his marriage slip. Lucy reunited with Scott.

Laura and Scott redux was just terrible writing all around. We saw nothing. It barely even happened. Scott and Lulu had issues. It mercifully ended fairly quick and painlessly. We didn't even get a shot at a quad fight about a teen Christina Baldwin causing trouble in PC.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, stlbf said:

At least this time around, it makes sense that Kevin and Lucy self destructed. Lucy is a high maintenance woman. She has to have attention. Kevin was absorbed in his work and let his marriage slip. Lucy reunited with Scott.

Laura and Scott redux was just terrible writing all around. We saw nothing. It barely even happened. Scott and Lulu had issues. It mercifully ended fairly quick and painlessly. We didn't even get a shot at a quad fight about a teen Christina Baldwin causing trouble in PC.

I don't completely agree with Lucy being so high maintenance that she would betray Kevin just because he was working and she needs attention. She was his girlfriend/wife for years and it wasn't that much of an issue for Lucy, more so Kevin. There issues arouse when Serena came back into her life with Scott. I am pissed that that they didn't incorporate some of the negative feelings she could have developed when Kevin basically turned her back on her when Stephen Clay/Caleb Morley resurfaced and she had some sort of a mental break and didn't reunite with her until she found some sort of sanity/peace. That was pretty crappy. Why does it have to be Lucy's fault with the pat assessment that she is some aging high school Queen Bee? Why can't it also be that Kevin wasn't willing to be there for her when she really needed him?

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Danny is every bit Monica's grandchild as Michael is.

Yeah, but he might team up with Jake and kill her one day.  Michael doesn't have that in him.  Also, I just don't get why writers don't see there's story for a biological son of AJ Quartermaine, raised by Jason, Carly, and Sonny.  If anyone should be a douche bro, it's him.  Morgan should be mini Jax.  Or Dante. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I don't completely agree with Lucy being so high maintenance that she would betray Kevin just because he was working and she needs attention. She was his girlfriend/wife for years and it wasn't that much of an issue for Lucy, more so Kevin. There issues arouse when Serena came back into her life with Scott. I am pissed that that they didn't incorporate some of the negative feelings she could have developed when Kevin basically turned her back on her when Stephen Clay/Caleb Morley resurfaced and she had some sort of a mental break and didn't reunite with her until she found some sort of sanity/peace. That was pretty crappy. Why does it have to be Lucy's fault with the pat assessment that she is some aging high school Queen Bee? Why can't it also be that Kevin wasn't willing to be there for her when she really needed him?

Re: Lucy

Why not? This wasn't a new issue for them. Even if we completely drop the Asshat!Ian insanity as non canon, Lucy has always enjoyed having Kevin and Scott(and Tony and Alan Q) after her. Lucy craves constant attention from the people in her life. Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of people in real life have the same demands of their family, friends and lovers. Kevin did admit that he wasn't there for Lucy like she needed him to be. Her personal life was in a bad rut and her business was going down the tubes. Scott was there to give her self esteem a boost. Lucy had an affair with him. It isn't like it was the 1st time Lucy has had one. So it was completely within character. 

I, too had issues with Kevin just dumping her during her 1st mental break. But that I blame on shitty writing. 

• Love 3

I saw yesterday on Twitter that Jelly were liking and retweeting all the pro-Friz tweets.

They can like them til the end of time, it still won't change the fact that Freaco is a dirty old murderhobo and Liez doesn't love herself. He's 50 fucking years old and acting like a psychotic tween. FINISH HIM!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Or reunite him with the other 50 year old who cuts like a psychotic tween and ship 'em off to Canada.  

Sorry,  Canada.

They can kidnap Avery and Ava can go off in search of them. Even better if Kiki, Julian, and Sonny join her.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

James Patrick Stuart had to give his - er, what's the reverse of a welcome wagon - tweet:

Translation:

I did my homework and I know what happened  with some other actors.  I don't want my character to be sacrificed to make Sonny look good.  Therefore, see how awesome Maurice is in this other story!   Look, it is so great!

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't get too excited because I'm sure they'll bring her back.

I'm with you.  I remember the articles about Budig completing her run and then lo and behold a few months later she's back, sucking up screen time. 

• Love 3

Here is something that MB doesn’t realize about why the audience doesn’t particular sympathize with the character: the malice glee he has towards others’ suffering. It is complete delight, then he wonder why no one is especially sympathtic to his  character’s suffering. I really don’t think there are many characters do that, not even Carly to Sonny’s extent, and none that are portrayed as a hero. What did Scott ever do to Sonny before he confronted him over Karen’s death? Not a thing, even after Karen’s last bout with addiction, but when Sonny felt attacked by Scott, who was in pain, he called him a failure for not finding out Karen was his kid when she was a kid and gave that sadisitc smile when FBI held Scott back from giving Sonny the beating he so richly deserved. Johnny and Claudia tried to broker some sort of peace with him (especially Johnny early on), dumbass without any real proof over any involvement Michael’s disappearance (the culprit: Sonny’s shitty parenting), kidnaps Johnny. Johnny naturally wants to beat his ass from then on out, but Sonny is given information that Claudia is not only his mother, but was more than likely raped as a child (apparently 7 years old, as that was written into the show before RC’s recon) and  delivers the news, smiling like a kid receiving the puppy he always wanted on Christmas.  The topper I really feel is that same smile when Carly walked on him and Sam, because he felt betrayed by Carly, even though the betrayal was her still dealing with effects of the brain damage he gave her.  Sonny is a cruel and sadisitic character. It is fine when you are Helena Cassadine, but not great when you are a situated as the romantic hero.

• Love 6

Y'all, I'm scared. Too many things that I wanted to happen...happened. Claud gone, Sabrina dead, Morgan dead, Jason a human, Robin thriving, and, ultimately, 2015 was ERASED and no one mentions anything during that time. 

Or maybe I just deserve this bc Jake was resurrected? 

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Y'all, I'm scared. Too many things that I wanted to happen...happened. Claud gone, Sabrina dead, Morgan dead, Jason a human, Robin thriving, and, ultimately, 2015 was ERASED and no one mentions anything during that time. 

Don't be scared. Claud will probably be back at some point and I highly doubt Morgan is dead for good.

But yes, we all deserve to have nice things because that demon jiz spawn was resurrected. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Jason ent human, he is pikachu now:

Angry-Pikachu-pikachu-31615380-300-225_z

You wanted Morgan dead?? I thought you just wanted him to be not such a huge asshole.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Jason ent human, he is pikachu now:

Angry-Pikachu-pikachu-31615380-300-225_z

You wanted Morgan dead?? I thought you just wanted him to be not such a huge asshole.

Lolllllll.

Well, I didn't WANT him to die, you're right. I wanted him off my screen. I needed a lengthy break from the character.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Well, I didn't WANT him to die, you're right. I wanted him off my screen. I needed a lengthy break from the character.

a-greed. Hopefully he comes back as an actor* who can be rogue-ish without fratboy vibes all the time.

*Deal with it Mo.

• Love 7

SOD confirms that BW is gone...for now:

THE LATEST

BREE WILLIAMSON WRAPS GH RUN

November 3, 2016 10:28AM

Claudette’s mysterious disappearance marks the end — for now — of Bree Williamson’s GH stint as the scheming ex of Nathan, Griffin and Valentin. “She’ll be back,” predicts the actress, who debuted in July. “And I’m absolutely open to that.” Williamson says that the conclusion of Claudette’s arc “came at the perfect time for me personally,” but that she’s thrilled with the time she spent on the show. “All the actors are just so nice,” she enthuses. “It was such a pleasure to go in and be with them every day.” For more with Williamson, check out the new issue of Soap Opera Digest, on sale tomorrow.

By SOD

Awww, that's so cool that they're still friends. But...he named his kid Bowie? I mean, yeah. I don't deny David Bowie was a great talent! But as a first name? Ah, well.  :-) Sort of surprised it wasn't Eddie after Eddie Vedder, but then I remember his (awesome) dog had that honor. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Awww, that's so cool that they're still friends. But...he named his kid Bowie? I mean, yeah. I don't deny David Bowie was a great talent! But as a first name? Ah, well.  :-) Sort of surprised it wasn't Eddie after Eddie Vedder, but then I remember his (awesome) dog had that honor. 

Full name is Bowie Banjo. JT turned into such a hipster over the years, lol.

Also, do you remember an interview JT and Kim did with Fairman during the Lisa storyline? They were both like, "We love working together. Other people get tired of each other." And just rewatching stuff, it was so, so true. (Also, who the hell were the ones who got sick of each other!? Hmm...)

11 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Also, do you remember an interview JT and Kim did with Fairman during the Lisa storyline? They were both like, "We love working together. Other people get tired of each other." And just rewatching stuff, it was so, so true. (Also, who the hell were the ones who got sick of each other!? Hmm...)

I do remember that, and I was also curious about those that did get tired of each other. I bet backstage GH was a hell of a lot more interesting than the actual show. And...Bowie Banjo? Oy. Why did his wife agree? The kid will probably have a nickname...or change it at 18! (Ironically, I think David Bowie's son did just that as I believe he is known as Duncan now but was, I think, named Zowie at birth... Unless Duncan was one of his other names no one was aware of.)

Like Ingo Rademacher naming his kid Peanut? Or maybe that was a middle name...

*goes to check*

His kids are Peanut Kai Rademacher and Pohuku Zen Rademacher. I assume Pohuku is a Hawaiian name, and their mother is Hawaiian, but Peanut? That's just mean, and I say that coming from a family who affectionately uses that word for little babies (and puppies), like: "aw, look at the little peanut!"

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Hope4Soaps said:

Speaking of Scrubs, I was heartbroken to read about some of the awful comments Kim recently endured online. They were awful. People suck sometimes, but she fought back. http://thesudshub.com/healthy-looking-kimberly-mccullough-balks-at-twitter-haters

Yeah. @HeatLifer and I talked about it somewhere. It's nasty, but I'm glad Kimberly doesn't let it get her down. People are brave when they don't have to be held accountable in person for the crap some say.

• Love 1

She looks great and its refreshing to see a person in her 30s (like me) that looks like me. I will never be rail thin like BH or KeMo, though I don't hold that against them. I think its wonderful that she she is comfortable in her skin. I know it makes me feel better about myself to see someone in the public eye that looks like me and loves herself.

9 hours ago, Hope4Soaps said:

She looks great and its refreshing to see a person in her 30s (like me) that looks like me. I will never be rail thin like BH or KeMo, though I don't hold that against them. I think its wonderful that she she is comfortable in her skin. I know it makes me feel better about myself to see someone in the public eye that looks like me and loves herself.

Let's be real here.  No one will ever know BH's secrets of perfection- in skin, hair, patience.   Seriously, I don't know how she does it.   But I also don't know how anyone can say KMc looks bad.  She's freaking gorgeous.   I think she looks better than ever now.  A glow of happiness goes a long way in a person imo.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Let's be real here.  No one will ever know BH's secrets of perfection- in skin, hair, patience.   Seriously, I don't know how she does it.   But I also don't know how anyone can say KMc looks bad.  She's freaking gorgeous.   I think she looks better than ever now.  A glow of happiness goes a long way in a person imo.  

She did ads for Purpose a decade ago, she stayed out of the sun as a teen, and wore sweatshirts and hats at the beach. And her husband's sister is a dermatologist. There you go. :) 

Also: KeMo is a year older than her and looks just as good and young, if not more so. :)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3