Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow. He must not have anything else happening. I'd hope re-signing would give him extra impetus to try harder, but I doubt it.

It's more likely to send him into a deeper fugue state, unless they actually give him some semblance of a story.

• Love 6

BM re-signing is still making me believe ABCD is gonna pull the plug and the show will be gone by the start of the 2017 fall season. They renewed FV and Jelly for a year, I could see this being the start of wrapping things up and planning the various characters' HEA's. I mean, there HAS to be reason ABCD signed these crap writers and fucking Frank back up, right? RIGHT????

• Love 1
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Social media can be great. But it is also full of jackasses who have no filter because they can be anonymous, so they often say and do what they would likely never do face to face. It sucks.

It's always the same people with her, too. Patrick ain't coming back to be with whoever your fave is. Let it go.

• Love 2

I completely agree with him about Kevin/Lucy. I understand cheating is a staple on soaps, but IMO, unless you're going to spend the time and the energy to properly write a "healing" storyline afterwards, it completely weakens and destroys the couple. There's nothing realistic about  quickly getting back together and pretending it never happened. See: Dante and Lulu. I was already over them after JMB left, but now? They don't appeal to me at all after the Valerie BS.

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:40 PM, Oracle42 said:

I can't think of a story in the past few years that's gotten good reviews or good ratings

I'm late to the party, but the Fonduke storyline had both good reviews and some of the highest ratings the show had in a while. And it happened right about four years ago.

Even the minor toxic water had relatively good ratings. Though Sonny had a small part, it was more about Todd and the One Percenters, and McBain saving the day.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

I like how JL talked about chemistry being important and it creating its own momentum. I think that's something this team really doesn't pay enough attention to. They slap characters together because they want to advance a certain plot point. There's very little room for spontaneity or discovery. 

Of course, it helps that JL and GF know what they're doing and seem genuinely excited to be working together. You could see the latter during the ridiculous CI scenes with all the actors. There was a different energy that was very entertaining to watch, for a change.

• Love 6

Well he has good points but given that GF is on contract and he and LH are not, he probably knows Kevin and Laura will get more airtime. 

But he and GF do seem genuinely to like working together, which is cool. It must be a nice change of pace for Genie after years of TG's repudiating their pairing.

• Love 2

Yeah, even just reading it, you can hear their enthusiasm and effusiveness about getting something different to do, having a new on-screen dynamic, etc.

But, Show, you could have your cake and eat it too by introducing one of Lucy's kids, giving her and Kevin a reason to interact more regularly! *pouts*

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Francie said:

I'm late to the party, but the Fonduke storyline had both good reviews and some of the highest ratings the show had in a while. And it happened right about four years ago.

Even the minor toxic water had relatively good ratings. Though Sonny had a small part, it was more about Todd and the One Percenters, and McBain saving the day.

That toxic water crap was considered a high rated storyline? Wasn't it a plotpoint that only lasted a few weeks?

• Love 1

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-maurice-benard-talks-sonnys-despair-his-co-stars-the-tragic-death-of-morgan-corinthos/2016/10/31/

During the aforementioned bridge scene, while alone Sonny voices that he wanted to be a better father to Morgan.  Right now, it seems no one is there for Sonny, at all.

MAURICE:   I will be honest with you; in the past there has been these stories with Carly and Jason, and Sonny is left alone, and the town hates him, and the Quartermaines hate him.  I always felt like I was fighting a gang fight with a toothpick.   But somehow this story plays differently, and I don’t feel that way.  As alone as he is, and this is just my opinion, it’s written very sweetly.

What are you taaaaalking about MB? Come on!

• Love 7

Morgan’s body was not found, and if they do a recast, would you be OK with the fact they went through all this sorrow and drama, and it turns out in the end Morgan is alive?   Does it nullify everything you and the other performers have accomplished, and given to the audience?

MAURICE:   I am not into that; I have to be honest.  The show will do what they are going to do, but I have been on the show now almost 24 years, you are not going to find anybody as good as Bryan Craig.  Someone that could play bipolar and the depths of it, and someone you believe is my son.   But let’s say for a minute they did find someone to play Morgan, doesn’t that make what we just did kind of not as important, or impactful?

. . . come ON!!!! Yes, not only can another Craig be found, maybe an even better actor! Did he completely block out Drew/Chad?

And does MF even watch this show???? Or does girlchild comforting Sonny not count?

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What are you taaaaalking about MB? Come on!

I think I actually get a TINY part of what he's talking about. Jason and Carly, and especially Jason, were never seen as bad as Sonny to certain characters.

Did Mo just take credit for SBu, VM, Tams, and BC? LOLZ.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think I actually get a TINY part of what he's talking about. Jason and Carly, and especially Jason, were never seen as bad as Sonny to certain characters.

OK, I can agree with that.

I do like that he and Genie have a scene coming up.

I think all 4 of those actors are solidly in the mediocre range most of the time (even though I like Brenda) so makes sense to me, heh.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I know! I can believe he gave them some pointers, especially everyone other than BC, because back then they had rehearsal time, but wow, it's like they were all nothing until they worked with him.

I find it amusing that MB is sensitive to people thinking Sonny doesn't pay (HE DOESN'T) and that the town is always against him. Well, yes, he's a MOBSTER.

Of course that picture of the Corinthii doesn't include girl child. I'm sure it was taken when LA wasn't around, but sheesh. 

• Love 4

Also, does MB think he's being subtle? I think he called Julian the "bad guy" about 5 times, or some variant of it. I'm pretty sure this is the second interview he's called Julian like Ted Bundy. Insisting he likes the guy but then talking about how his character is ice-cold doesn't exactly scream like he cares about that character's viability.

Also interesting that MB claimed no one was around in his early years on the show to help him learn. Really? Working with Geary and Ron Hale did nothing for him?

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I find it amusing that MB is sensitive to people thinking Sonny doesn't pay (HE DOESN'T) and that the town is always against him. Well, yes, he's a MOBSTER.

Because he knows his character hasn't paid. It's not his fault, though. This has always been a problem on TV shows, especially soaps. Sonny can't properly "pay" unless the character is written off.

4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Also interesting that MB claimed no one was around in his early years on the show to help him learn. Really? Working with Geary and Ron Hale did nothing for him?

He taught himself, yo!

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, ulkis said:

MAURICE:   I will be honest with you; in the past there has been these stories with Carly and Jason, and Sonny is left alone, and the town hates him, and the Quartermaines hate him.  I always felt like I was fighting a gang fight with a toothpick. 

...and why shouldn't the Quartermaines hate Sonny, now and forever?

• Love 9

I think MB buys into whole heartedly the writing of Sonny as the victim.  It's not the people who were hurt because of Sonny but Sonny because everyone doesn't kiss his ass for five minutes.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's not his fault, though.

No, it's not. But he could show a little less touchiness when it's brought up that Sonny doesn't pay. He takes it all way too seriously.

48 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Honestly, I feel like Fairman was trolling him with some of these comments.

I hope so.

4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Instead of continuing to pretend that Julian is a viable opponent for Sonny, TIIC need to cede that position to Scotty or Scotty /Ava. 

No one is a viable opponent for Sonny, though, because Sonny always wins, and his foes are always villainized to a ridiculous degree so that Sonny doesn't seem so bad in comparison. But it never works. 

• Love 6

True but it's better than listening to one more round of Julian is a worserer mobster than Sonny. FV loves MW too much to sacrifice her for Sonny and Scotty's gripe against Sonny is both legit and righteous

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

He absolutely has taken credit for VM becoming a better actress, and to be fair, she's given him credit on that front, too, even though, IMO, it sounds like he was unnecessarily mean to her at first about her acting abilities. 

Edited by UYI

Take all of this with a grain of salt, but -

According to someone who went to that GH event, BC said there is not going to be a recast for Morgan. That the role is his to come back to. (WTF.)

And apparently it's because Mo didn't want a recast.

• Love 4

Did Maurice Bernard confuse his character for Kin Shriner's, because he is the one that is constantly be treated like crap on this show by everyone. Logan, to say the least, wasn't the greatest guy, but I that the show went into overdrive with the "no fuck given" to the fact that Scott not only wasn't properly told about Logan's death (completely off handed by fucking Nikolas) but his son's death happened on the same day as Karen's death anniversary, was really shitty. Not a truly sympathetic ear, not even a point of view just so he can be the villain in JoLu's story. 

Just now, tvgoddess said:

According to someone who went to that GH event, BC said there is not going to be a recast for Morgan. That the role is his to come back to. (WTF.)

Well, fuck Mo. If Lucky and Carly can be recast, several times at that, with little problem (okay, the second Lucky wasn't great), even though their originators were universally praised (and Tony Geary loathed Lucky being recasted),then Morgan can be recasted. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Seriously, fuck Mo.  Why does a man who can barely stumble his lines most days, openly admits to not liking working with new actors, and admittedly says that he hates when his murderous and violent character gets written negatively dictate a recast - any recast?  Was it that BC is very um moldable to Mo's suggestions?   And way to screw over DZ, CD, DG, AE, and every other actor that's played one of his kids.   I'd rather Mo leave and have Steve Burton come back, so that I have to watch BM and SBu fight in black tees over who's more awesome as Sam cries. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Did Maurice Bernard confuse his character for Kin Shriner's, because he is the one that is constantly be treated like crap on this show by everyone. Logan, to say the least, wasn't the greatest guy, but I that the show went into overdrive with the "no fuck given" to the fact that Scott not only wasn't properly told about Logan's death (completely off handed by fucking Nikolas) but his son's death happened on the same day as Karen's death anniversary, was really shitty. Not a truly sympathetic ear, not even a point of view just so he can be the villain in JoLu's story. 

Well, fuck Mo. If Lucky and Carly can be recast, several times at that, with little problem (okay, the second Lucky wasn't great), even though their originators were universally praised (and Tony Geary loathed Lucky being recasted),then Morgan can be recasted. 

don't forget Lulu and Maxie, who have both been recast. 

In other words, shush Mo.

4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

apparently in SOD in that BC interview he said if he hadn't won the emmy he probably would have stayed. Nothing really to do with what you said but I was just reminded.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I'd rather Mo leave and have Steve Burton come back, so that I have to watch BM and SBu fight in black tees over who's more awesome as Sam cries. 

Can we compromise with cancellation?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Can we compromise with cancellation?

I would only settle for cancellation if this show goes out with Michael hating Sonny.   It must end like that.  I want FV to grow a pair and give a real fuck you to Mo.  He's got to be sick of his garbage.  Literally, the last episode could be everyone beats the crap out of Sonny, Dante arrests him as Olivia learns that Sonny was never his father, AJ is revealed to be alive- Monica, Tracy, and Michael knew almost the whole time.  Carly learned around the time Morgan died and stopped ignoring her passion.  Anna stops obsessing over Duke and openly makes out with Dante and Nathan.  Lulu joins a cult.   Franco is killed by a giant light fixture.  The show concludes with Tracy toasting pictures of all the Quartermaines. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Well, fuck Mo. If Lucky and Carly can be recast, several times at that, with little problem (okay, the second Lucky wasn't great).

Or the third Carly (although even she had fans).

25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Or supercouple pairings.

Oh, well, no one's had THAT in forever. But yeah, those three especially. But they did have something interesting with Ava/Morgan. They ended that way too soon. I'm not necessarily saying they should have been in a relationship but they closed the door totally to anymore encounters between them, which was a dumb idea.

I do find it interesting the moment there is a crack between Carly and Sonny MB's back to the old party line about them being better as exes. imo which is true, because they try to make Carly and Sonny all domestic-y and it doesn't work. If they're going to be together, Carly should be his lady MacBeth, not crying about the guns.

• Love 7

I think supercouples are over. There will be always popular pairings, of course, but the way GH is written these days doesn't allow for something like a supercouple. The budget isn't there to send them on location for some exotic adventure, unless it's to have a picnic in that all-purpose park they love. And they seem to have stopped using that for the time being.

• Love 2