Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Or just an idiot.

Nancy sounds like she is drawing a line on Julian tbh, and I've heard her do close to that before, I think the last time she got quoted on this story. I think she's thinking of survival at this point and believes Julian is burned. And I think she ultimately will be right.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Oops, I only just glanced at this when I posted it and only had half an eye (ew) on it with the other one and half on television and the insane number of emails coming in from work late last night. If I had taken one more second to look, I would have known. Multi-tasking clearly doesn't work for all of us.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Salty.

LW is not stupid.  She will always have lots of air time if in story with one of the male leads or male pets (MB, SBu, RoHo, etc...) and I think most soap actors know which ones are favored on the various soaps.

16 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

The character description is seriously hilarious.  Is this really what they think Morgan is supposed to be?  Like for reals?

I lost it at "complicated."  Is that what they think they've been writing?  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I know!   We have seen a whiny frat boy dbag with anger issues who won't grow up.  He did have potential during his first year or so though.  He went from Potential to McAssy. 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

It can't be! Even Kiki was like, "what's this Morgan? You have books? You're reading?" Maybe they want NuMorgan to be complicated.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Karen Harris would do it. I think she was completely burned out when she left. She was also frustrated by the continual budget-cutting and lack of creative support. Neither of those things has changed, and it's unlikely they'll improve.

Wasn't part of the problem that JFP too often went OVER budget and Frons was giving GH money at the expense of AMC and OLTL? 

15 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'm amazed anyone thought so.

Vanessa can say some...weird things on Twitter. She seems to like to troll S&C fans a lot by implying what would happen if Brenda ever returned to the show. I'm...not quite sure what she gets out of this. I like her, but grow up, V. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, UYI said:

Vanessa can say some...weird things on Twitter. She seems to like to troll S&C fans a lot by implying what would happen if Brenda ever returned to the show. I'm...not quite sure what she gets out of this. I like her, but grow up, V. 

Brenda and Sonny would be endgame if she ever came back. I'm not defending her if she's straight-up attacking or going after fans (although I haven't seen specific examples of this myself) but she's always loved that ship and Mo. That's not trolling.

Ratings are in, and it's not good news for GH. Not that it matters since everyone just re-upped but it gives me a rage headache.

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 156,000 (+36,000/-10,000)
2. B&B 139,000 (+30,000/-8,000)
3. GH 110,000 (-1,000/-49,000)
4. DAYS 99,000 (+3,000/-25,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.45 (+.1/-.04)
2. B&B 0.4 (+.08/-.03)
3. GH 0.32 (same/-.15) <—— ties low (8th straight week) *
4. DAYS 0.29 (+.01/-.07)

Read more: Ratings: Y&R/B&B Rebound From Terrible Week http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2016/09/ratings-yrbb-rebound-terrible-week?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz4L2CQx7CE

• Love 1
3 hours ago, UYI said:

Wasn't part of the problem that JFP too often went OVER budget and Frons was giving GH money at the expense of AMC and OLTL? 

Each show has a set budget that gets broken down by what goes to casting, wardrobe, sets, etc. 

2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Ratings are in, and it's not good news for GH. Not that it matters since everyone just re-upped but it gives me a rage headache.

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 156,000 (+36,000/-10,000)
2. B&B 139,000 (+30,000/-8,000)
3. GH 110,000 (-1,000/-49,000)
4. DAYS 99,000 (+3,000/-25,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.45 (+.1/-.04)
2. B&B 0.4 (+.08/-.03)
3. GH 0.32 (same/-.15) <—— ties low (8th straight week) *
4. DAYS 0.29 (+.01/-.07)

Read more: Ratings: Y&R/B&B Rebound From Terrible Week http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2016/09/ratings-yrbb-rebound-terrible-week?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz4L2CQx7CE

Bwahahahahahahahahah, a thousand times bwahahahahahahahahah!

• Love 1

Does anyone have contact information for ABC Daytime (if it still exists) or Vickie Dummer?  I wrote a long letter on the state of GH and how it could be improved but have no idea how to get it to ABC.  They probably won't read it much less take any of the suggestions, but I'd still like to try. 

It's too bad ABC doubled down on FV ad JP/SA instead of making an active effort to save the show, like CBS is finally doing with Y&R.

• Love 3

Allegedly ABC is developing a new infotainment show centered around Michael Strahan to debut next September.

And also allegedly, Frank and those two wimmins that replaced Ron have all had their contracts extended to next July.   That would just about get them approx enough produced shows to get the show to early Sep '17.

5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Can anyone tell what in the blue dilly Bryan stamped on his arm under the melting clock.

Bryan, a dog, and a newsboy cap. I feel like these pictures sum it all up.

I don't know, but I think BC in a newsboy cap and tank is literally the funniest thing ever.  Now I have a need to see him wearing a fedora because I am positive he owns one.  He seems the type. 

5 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I don't know, but I think BC in a newsboy cap and tank is literally the funniest thing ever.  Now I have a need to see him wearing a fedora because I am positive he owns one.  He seems the type. 

Not possible.  Steve Burton's purple acrobat outfit is still King in my book. Some have it saved? Never has it not made me laugh. NEVER.

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 4

With ratings circling the drain again and ABC renewing Uncle Frank's and Jelly's contracts, I'm more convinced than ever that ABC will be canceling this shit show. Otherwise, why keep these dumb ass writers and piss poor showrunner around when they had the perfect opportunity to tell them to kick rocks? I think they're grooming Strahan to head up a 3rd hour of GMA and send GH packing. Does anyone know when the show is up for renewal? 

• Love 1

Small MSt interview:

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2016/09/29/young-and-restful-soap-superstar-michelle-staffords-new-organic-skin-care-line-is-available-in-canada

You're a risk-taker. What makes you tick?

I have such a desire and such a thrust to really live and have adventure in my life. I think that's one of the main reasons I'm not married. I have never really found anybody who got that. To me, if somebody wants me to stay in and draw within the lines, that would make me insane. I just don't draw in the lines. But there's a price. To be honest, and this is the first time I've talked about this, the last couple of years have been the hardest of my life.

In what ways?

When I left Y&R. That was a decision made from years of not enjoying playing that particular character. Nobody there wanted to change Phyllis. And it became stale. And so my life became stale; there was little freedom f for me to do other things. And when I communicated, it wasn't heard. It was a lovely gig and lovely people. It's not a hit on Y&R at all. And so when I took a leap of faith - and made my own web series, and people saw that The Stafford Project was funny, and that I produced/wrote it - it was awesome. But then, and I've never talked about this until right now, going to General Hospital and playing a new character, the attacks against me for doing my own thing in my personal life ... well, I've been hit really, really hard.

Attacks like?

'You aren't as good as you were on Y&R'; 'General Hospital never worked for you ... why did you leave Y&R for this?'; 'Gina (Tognoni, now playing Phyllis) is so much better than you'; 'The Stafford Project - you didn't get it sold.' And this came from people I thought were my friends, too. You read or see an interview and you're like, wow. It's just been a tough couple years. And having my son come at the same time (Stafford is a single mother to a son and daughter via surrogate) and being criticized heavily for that. A lot of people applaud me for taking my life into my own hands, but there are some people who attack me for doing my own thing.

Telling her that Tognoni  is better than her is assy, but maybe some of her friends are just trying to give it to her straight by saying "'General Hospital never worked for you ... why did you leave Y&R for this?'"

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Also, thanks for this, Michelle Stafford:

Here's a secret, girls and boys: if you want a phenomenal night - use coconut oil. Coconut oil is phenomenal for any kind of sexual act. 

Now my life is complete.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Just remember to think of Michelle Stafford and thank her in the middle of your next phenomenal night!

I'll see myself out.

My husband is never getting laid again.  

Don't worry, I'll tell him who to blame.

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Small MSt interview:

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2016/09/29/young-and-restful-soap-superstar-michelle-staffords-new-organic-skin-care-line-is-available-in-canada

You're a risk-taker. What makes you tick?

I have such a desire and such a thrust to really live and have adventure in my life. I think that's one of the main reasons I'm not married. I have never really found anybody who got that. To me, if somebody wants me to stay in and draw within the lines, that would make me insane. I just don't draw in the lines. But there's a price. To be honest, and this is the first time I've talked about this, the last couple of years have been the hardest of my life.

In what ways?

When I left Y&R. That was a decision made from years of not enjoying playing that particular character. Nobody there wanted to change Phyllis. And it became stale. And so my life became stale; there was little freedom f for me to do other things. And when I communicated, it wasn't heard. It was a lovely gig and lovely people. It's not a hit on Y&R at all. And so when I took a leap of faith - and made my own web series, and people saw that The Stafford Project was funny, and that I produced/wrote it - it was awesome. But then, and I've never talked about this until right now, going to General Hospital and playing a new character, the attacks against me for doing my own thing in my personal life ... well, I've been hit really, really hard.

Attacks like?

'You aren't as good as you were on Y&R'; 'General Hospital never worked for you ... why did you leave Y&R for this?'; 'Gina (Tognoni, now playing Phyllis) is so much better than you'; 'The Stafford Project - you didn't get it sold.' And this came from people I thought were my friends, too. You read or see an interview and you're like, wow. It's just been a tough couple years. And having my son come at the same time (Stafford is a single mother to a son and daughter via surrogate) and being criticized heavily for that. A lot of people applaud me for taking my life into my own hands, but there are some people who attack me for doing my own thing.

Telling her that Tognoni  is better than her is assy, but maybe some of her friends are just trying to give it to her straight by saying "'General Hospital never worked for you ... why did you leave Y&R for this?'"

I have a feeling it was Peter Bergman who alluded to this in an interview I somewhat recall.  He implied it I think.

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Her friends probs know GH sucks and were insulting the show more than her abilities.

I think Nina works best when she focuses on Crimson, but she was so shoved in our faces at the beginning that I can't help but have residual dislike for her. She doesn't add much to the show regardless.

The attacks on MSt's personal life are out of bounds no matter what, though. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Telling her that Tognoni  is better than her is assy

I mean, she is but tru

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Also, thanks for this, Michelle Stafford:

Here's a secret, girls and boys: if you want a phenomenal night - use coconut oil. Coconut oil is phenomenal for any kind of sexual act. 

I s2g

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, bannana said:

I have a feeling it was Peter Bergman who alluded to this in an interview I somewhat recall.  He implied it I think.

He didn't imply it so much as straight out said it. He complemented Gina by name and straight out said she was the best Phyllis in years. 

At the same point, it's no secret that Michelle Stafford didn't want to be paired with him. She wanted to be paired with the actor who played Nick, and she made her displeasure at being paired with the older Peter very clear. 

Part of the reason why I want to get out the smallest violin ever and play it for her after reading that is that she is a person who can dish it out but can't take it.

And I always hate when people claim that they were being attacked for being themselves. Perhaps she did get some such attacks on her. But mainly what I saw were attacks on her attitude, acting tics, and overall conduct. Things she chose to do.

And that Stafford project of hers? Was as amateurish as it was humorless. 

6 hours ago, ulkis said:

Just remember to think of Michelle Stafford and thank her in the middle of your next phenomenal night!

I'll see myself out.

Repent! Repent!

• Love 11