Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I saw on n the cover of ABC SID that Kelly T "took 15 minutes to say yes" to Bry-dog.

My first thought: [brytni Sarpy]Baby girl,[/brytni Sarpy] [Ted Mosby's Obi-Wan]you chose . . . POORLY! [/Ted Mosby's Obi-Wan]

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

Well, I don't know about the ladies, but Kin Shriner is the shit and has been awesome in few scenes I've glanced at lately.  Can anything save this show?  Well, at the least, it can go down a touch witty with Kin at the helm.  

• Love 2

Only if he gets shot in the head while it's happening and has a dream affair with Alcazar while in a coma

Scenes with Ted King are a reward.

As an AJ/SK fan, I demand the following :

- a Sonny centric storyline about mustard

- Sonny gets impotent

- Sonny is hung from a literal meat hook

- Sonny has all of his suits destroyed and has to wear the infamous velour jogger suit

- AJ is alive and conspires with Jax to get all of the corporate stuffs, Tracy is involved too. They didn't tell Michael because Sabrina. Monica has also known, but she wants her son kept alive and well... revenge.

• Love 4
Daniel James OConnor ‏@oconnordanj 20s20 seconds ago

Thank you to the amazing GH team & fans for a great 3yrs. My last ep airs today. Hope it goes off without a hitch..

I would be fine with this, except I don't know who is going to replace him. Hold me!

• Love 2

Two down; two to go:

Daniel James OConnor ‏@oconnordanj  · 2h2 hours ago 
Thank you to the amazing GH team & fans for a great 3yrs. My last ep airs today. Hope it goes off without a hitch... pic.twitter.com/EhLxdFsD8v

Of course he gifs Tootsie.  These guys mistook parody for the real thing all along.

Hopefully Van Ettan and Sickles are part of this "new project" on which Ron and Dan are working.

• Love 2

I just can't with what Frank's intern is promoting on Frank's twitter account:

Frank Valentini ‏@valentinifrank  · 2m2 minutes ago 
Can Maxie really land the lead role in Dillon's film? @teenystweeting @Robertpwatkins @GeneralHospital #GH

Frank Valentini ‏@valentinifrank  · 19m19 minutes ago 
Kiki back in Silas's apartment...chills! @HayleyErin @GeneralHospital #MichaelEaston #GH

Frank Valentini ‏@valentinifrank  · 23m23 minutes ago 
Hey, east coast -- two minutes to a great episode of @GeneralHospital ! Don't miss! #GH

They don't get it. They really don't get it.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

Frank Valentini ‏@valentinifrank  · 19m19 minutes ago 

Kiki back in Silas's apartment...chills! @HayleyErin @GeneralHospital #MichaelEaston #GH

I didn't know eye-rolling could cause chills.

They really seem to want to make Kiki/Hayley Erin-as-Kiki happen.  That's so baffling.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I would like to know the real 411 on Kiki. If there really is some teenage/early twenties contingent cheering her on, well, at least I understand what she's still doing here. If there isn't  . . . then what Dark Magic is going on here.

• Love 3

They JUST did that pointless quad with him, Maxie, Nathan, and Ellie in the spring.  Trying to put him with Maxie again right now would so dumb.

I'm guessing he'll be back for the reveal of his beloved Stone Cold... hopefully Spixie Round 1,540 will be left out of it.

• Love 3

I would like to know the real 411 on Kiki. If there really is some teenage/early twenties contingent cheering her on, well, at least I understand what she's still doing here. If there isn't  . . . then what Dark Magic is going on here.

I don't think there's actually a teenage/early twenties contingent cheering her on, but ABC -- namely Vicki Dummer -- hopes there will be.

They want a young demo, they see Erin, and they think "Eureka!"

They also hired Erin, so there's a bit of a situation where they've bought an outfit they love, and no one can tell them otherwise how hideous they look.

I think it's as simple as that.

My nagging question still hasn't been answered:  Do they not see that this show was at its most popular in the last 3 years when it focused on the Scorpios?  Remember GH: Espionage? and GH: Mob Wars vs. GH: OLTL or whatever the hell we called the parts of GH that sucked?

In fact, two things worked in the last 3 years:  The re-focus on the Quartermaines with AJ and Michael aligning against Sonny (and barring most things Pickle-Lila related); and the spy adventure and Robin's return in late 2013.

And yet, all I've seen about the re-working is SONNY, SONNY, SONNY, SONNY,SONNY, SONNY,SONNY, SONNY,SONNY, SONNY and KIKI, KIKI, KIKI, KIKI,KIKI, KIKI,KIKI, KIKI,KIKI, KIKI,KIKI, KIKI, with a little bit of MAXIE, MAXIE, MAXIE, MAXIE.

• Love 6

And yet, all I've seen about the re-working is SONNY, SONNY, SONNY, SONNY,SONNY, SONNY,SONNY, SONNY,SONNY, SONNY and KIKI, KIKI, KIKI, KIKI,KIKI, KIKI,KIKI, KIKI,KIKI, KIKI,KIKI, KIKI, with a little bit of MAXIE, MAXIE, MAXIE, MAXIE.

Well, honestly, she wasn't on that much this month* but if this stuff is the beginning of a Maxie resurgence, as long as she doesn't take over, it's far from the worst idea they've had. I have no particular love of Maxie or KSt, but people like both, more so than they probably like Sonny or Kiki. I couldn't say though whether tossing over Nathan/Maxie for Spinelli/Maxie at this point would be a good idea, but I'm going to go with yes, Spinelli/Maxie might get more viewers to watch. but I could definitely be wrong.

What, I'm trying to be unbiased here.

Don't get me wrong though, I agree with you. Now that they blew it with Luke's exit their best chance is to wrap up this Robin stuff.

*Here are the episode counts if anyone's curious, and yes, I know they're not the best gauge at actual airtime, but I think they're fairly accurate. 

Number of Episodes in August: 21

Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) – 18

Bryan Craig (Morgan Corinthos) – 16

Roger Howarth (Robert “Franco” Frank) – 16

Maura West (Ava Jerome) – 16

Hayley Erin (Kiki Jerome) – 15

Ryan Paevey (Nathan West) – 15

Laura Wright (Carly Jacks) – 15

Michelle Stafford (Nina Lansing) – 14

Dominic Zamprogna (Dante Falconeri) – 14

William deVry (Julian Jerome) – 13

Rick Hearst (Ric Lansing) – 12

Vinessa Antoine (Jordan Ashford) – 10

Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis Davis) – 10

Emme Rylan (Lulu Falconeri) – 9

Robert Palmer Watkins (Dillon Quartermaine) – 9

Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Webber) – 8

Kelly Monaco (Sam Morgan) – 8

Kin Shriner (Scott Baldwin) – 8

Rebecca Budig (Hayden Barnes) – 7

Tyler Christopher (Nikolas Cassadine) – 7

Michael Easton (Dr. Silas Clay) – 7

Billy Miller (Jason Morgan) – 7

Donna Mills (Madeline Reeves) – 7

Kirsten Storms (Maxie Jones) – 7

Jason Thompson (Dr. Patrick Drake) – 7

Brytni Sarpy (Valerie Spencer) – 6

Kathleen Gati (Dr. Liesl Obrecht) – 5

Page Leong (Judge Amber Chua) – 5

Lisa LoCicero (Olivia Falconeri) – 5

Ryan Carnes (Dr. Lucas Jones) – 4

Tequan Richmond (T.J. Ashford) – 4

Parry Shen (Brad Cooper) – 4

Valorie Hubbard (Marla Shipley) – 3

Kimberly Lewis (Heidi) – 3

Linda Elena Tovar (Rosalie Martinez) – 3

Richard Burgi (Paul Hornsby) – 2

Chad Duell (Michael Quartemaine) – 2

Charles & Ethan Losie (Rocco Falconeri) – 2

Teresa Castillo (Sabrina Santiago) – 1

Vincent Duvall (Charlie Highneck) – 1

Saidah Arrika Ekulona (Mayor Janice Lomax) – 1

Jane Elliot (Tracy Quartermaine) – 1

Genie Francis (Laura Spencer) – 1

Braiden & Dylan Kazowski (Danny Morgan) – 1

James Nigbor (Jake Spencer) – 1

Haley Alexis Pullos (Molly Lansing) – 1

Marc Anthony Samuel (Felix DuBois) – 1

Ava & Grace Scarola (Avery Jerome) – 1

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I don't have a problem with Maxie, in theory, either.  I think KS can, and usually does, do a great job with Maxie.  She's got a bit of a 30's screwball heroine element to her.  She's not quite Carole Lombard in My Man Godfrey, but she does a pretty good job imbibing that quality. She can, and should, be a lead on this show.

So could and should Becky Herbst. So could and should Kelly Monaco (if they prop her up with caffeine and make it clear that she'll be there shooting until she decides to wake up). 

Those should be the three younger lead women on the show. And then pick 2 -- and only 2!!! -- of the over 45 crowd:  Laura, Genie, Michelle, Finola, Maura and Nancy to be leads who carry their own stories with great regularity.  Maybe twist my arm and I'll say there can be 3.  But really it should be 2, the others should be supporting with an occasional thrust of a storyline, like where I think Jane should be, and pretty much is. 

That makes 5 lead female actresses. They give them some lead men.  EACH of them gets their own leading man. And give them supporting families and co-workers.

How fucking hard is this, I ask (again and again and again)?

• Love 2

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/08/31/daytime-confidneital-podcast-803-hello-sweetness

I'm suffering through the DC podcast and it was worth it just for this one bit at 27:25

podcaster: What do you think of the Silas murder mystery?
guest: I don't care who did it

It was this sort of Brenda-esque-circa-2010 absentminded delivery. It was great.

(although you can only see the running time (weird) on i-tunes. It's podcast #803)

I don't particularly have a problem with more Maxie, although this storyline with Dillon's movie is a dog.  And if this was his first return, doing at least a triangle with Spinelli and Nathan makes sense. 

But they JUST did it.  Spinelli badgered her, they got back together, realized they weren't to be, and broke up earlier this year.  I reiterate, going there again would be a huge mistake.

In other news, sounds like they're recasting Joss again.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-casting-new-role-6

Edited by TeeVee329
In other news, sounds like they're recasting Joss again.

I wonder if they'll SORAS her. I think Joss would be a more effective character if she were a teen, say, 14 or 15. Old enough to cause trouble for Carly without it being precocious.

Edited by dubbel zout

I saw on n the cover of ABC SID that Kelly T "took 15 minutes to say yes" to Bry-dog.

So she has an inner voice, but could only listen to it for a quarter of an hour.

This is who they bring back to help the show?

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/bradford-anderson-back-gh

I think it's a good idea. I don't think they'll go to the Spixie well, but Sam and Jason need some lightening up. Although I imagine Billy Miller's Jason will need less lightening up than Burton's did. Also, Anderson plays well off of just about every current character. Sorry. I'll shut my Spinelli-loving self up. (But yay!)

I'm guessing he'll be back for the reveal of his beloved Stone Cold... hopefully Spixie Round 1,540 will be left out of it.

I'm guessing it will be a limited run. If it is, I hope when he leaves again, that he and Ellie relocate somewhere closer to Port Charles, so that we can pretend Maxie has a role in her baby's life, off screen.

Well, honestly, she wasn't on that much this month* but if this stuff is the beginning of a Maxie resurgence, as long as she doesn't take over, it's far from the worst idea they've had. I have no particular love of Maxie or KSt, but people like both, more so than they probably like Sonny or Kiki. I couldn't say though whether tossing over Nathan/Maxie for Spinelli/Maxie at this point would be a good idea, but I'm going to go with yes, Spinelli/Maxie might get more viewers to watch. but I could definitely be wrong.

Because they just did the Spixie thing, I hope they don't do it. However, Spinelli and Maxie were never really (to me) about the romance. There's a quirky chemistry between Kirsten and Brad that works, and would probably work even better if they were just friends and weren't pining for each other at the wrong times.

I don't have a problem with Maxie, in theory, either.  I think KS can, and usually does, do a great job with Maxie.  She's got a bit of a 30's screwball heroine element to her.  She's not quite Carole Lombard in My Man Godfrey, but she does a pretty good job imbibing that quality. She can, and should, be a lead on this show.

So could and should Becky Herbst. So could and should Kelly Monaco (if they prop her up with caffeine and make it clear that she'll be there shooting until she decides to wake up). 

Those should be the three younger lead women on the show. And then pick 2 -- and only 2!!! -- of the over 45 crowd:  Laura, Genie, Michelle, Finola, Maura and Nancy to be leads who carry their own stories with great regularity.  Maybe twist my arm and I'll say there can be 3.  But really it should be 2, the others should be supporting with an occasional thrust of a storyline, like where I think Jane should be, and pretty much is. 

That makes 5 lead female actresses. They give them some lead men.  EACH of them gets their own leading man. And give them supporting families and co-workers.

How fucking hard is this, I ask (again and again and again)?

Ha! Before I came into this thread, I was just thinking that Genie and Jane need to lead the show. We've had Luke and Sonny leading it for years. Let's give it to the women, for a while. 

We need to use Uber more often, people!

Whoosh! This went right over my head.

About all the get-rid-of-Sonny discussion. I disagree, even though I am not a huge Sonny fan and hate the mob nonsense. I thought I quoted the person who said they think the enthusiastic Sonny fans are probably more likely Mo fans. I think that's true to an extent, but I've seen vigorous defenses of Sonny on GH Facebook groups -- to the extent that it shocks me. At any rate, I think this would be a terrible time to get rid of (and especially kill off) a character who is at the core of the show. 

I think the bad ratings are crying out for good stories. Ron's dialogue was snappy and he had a knack for sensationalism, but his stories lacked structure. I hope the new head writing team can fix this quick, or the show is going to be gone.

• Love 6

Oh goodie, Spinbitch is back to check out Jasus' ass.

Anyway . . . KIN FOR EXECUTIVE PRODUCER!!!

Y'all know I think Kristina Wagner is hot, but damn Lynn Herring looks good! She needs to twirl & shoot every is responsible for Lucy's hair/make-up/clothes. And Jackie looks good too, probably the best I've seen her look since the early aughts.

How is that all four of them look worlds better in a candid, probably camera phone, shot with restaurant lighting, than they do on a tv show with alleged professional hair, make-up, and lighting crews?!?

• Love 4

I can't stand Lucy. And I'd rather they fix Anna and Robin and wrap up Jakeson NOW and proceed to the fallout than come up with a story for Felicia or Bobbie right now.

But. That tweet / picture confirms two things for me:

- Kin is probably awesome in real life and I wanna hang out with him.

- Being an actor working on the show is probably 1 million times more fun than trying to watch the show.

• Love 4

I can't stand Lucy. And I'd rather they fix Anna and Robin and wrap up Jakeson NOW and proceed to the fallout than come up with a story for Felicia or Bobbie right now.

But. That tweet / picture confirms two things for me:

- Kin is probably awesome in real life and I wanna hang out with him.

- Being an actor working on the show is probably 1 million times more fun than trying to watch the show.

See, I'd love if one day the show opened with Felicia, Lucy, Scotty, and Bobbie eating brunch at Kelly's talking about how Helena had been dousing everyone with hallucinogenic drugs for years, but she has finally been caught and everyone was back to normal. Certain characters and stories could ust he dropped, and other things retconned, and then move the fuck on. Edited by Tiger
  • Love 9
How is that all four of them look worlds better in a candid, probably camera phone, shot with restaurant lighting, than they do on a tv show with alleged professional hair, make-up, and lighting crews?!?

As far as the lighting goes, there's no time to set individual lights for the actors, so the scene is lit for the location, which makes it unforgiving. Some actor joked that looking younger/better in real life was one of the perks of soap acting, since that usually goes the other way.

I love that they still hang out every once in a while.

• Love 4

NLG tweet

Nancy Lee Grahn:
Time 4 women in the house. Our 2 seasoned, smart, mature, women kick in this Oct. Hang in there with us. We adore u #gh fans

I give her credit for saying "hang in there" and not "GH is gonna be awesome tomorrow!!!"

• Love 8

ABC should just put on the web page: "we know what we did, and we are sorry, and we really are going to fix the characters and write stories that make sense!"

I assume NLG is talking about the new head writers?

Yes, good for her for trying to hint at a reason to hang in there ... but by October the ratings are really gonna suck...

• Love 2

Ha much better than ass kissing LW and her "GH kicks ass!!" tweets.

IIRC, she was also cheerleading for Wolfe. In all fairness, I thought his stint during the strike was really good, and then when took over in the summer of '11 he had a great month before it all went to molasses-paced hell.

• Love 3

See, I'd love if one day the show opened with Felicia, Lucy, Scotty, and Bobbie eating brunch at Kelly's talking about how Helena had been dousing everyone with hallucinogenic drugs for years, but she has finally been caught and everyone was back to normal. Certain characters and stories could ust he dropped, and other things retconned, and then move the fuck on.

Could the hallucinations include Luke telling Lucky it was liberating to kill baby Jake? If not, could it include Luke committing suicide after killing baby Jake (I believe Geary would be down with that, by the way)? 

As far as the lighting goes, there's no time to set individual lights for the actors, so the scene is lit for the location, which makes it unforgiving. Some actor joked that looking younger/better in real life was one of the perks of soap acting, since that usually goes the other way.

I love that they still hang out every once in a while.

They do look good in that picture, but I think all of them look fine on the show, except for JZ, and it's not JZ's age that makes her look bad. It's what she's done in an ill-advised effort to disguise her age.  I think she looks better in the picture because it's small and shot at a distance. 

Ha much better than ass kissing LW and her "GH kicks ass!!" tweets. 

I give all the performers a pass for cheerleading for their show. First of all, it's their livelihood. Secondly, they do work hard. None of the actors (at least none of the vets or main actors) are at fault for any dissatisfaction I feel with the show. For me, the problem has been shoddy story-crafting (and the mob mob mob mob mob mob mob mob mob).

Edited by General Days
  • Love 2

NLG tweet

Nancy Lee Grahn:

Time 4 women in the house. Our 2 seasoned, smart, mature, women kick in this Oct. Hang in there with us. We adore u #gh fans

I give her credit for saying "hang in there" and not "GH is gonna be awesome tomorrow!!!"

??? October? So what on GH is supposed to entertain us till then?

And which season mature women is she talking about. Alexis has been acting like a flustered teen while trapped in repetitive relationship merry-go-round.

I believe that was a reference to Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman, the new head hacks writers. I don't think that was about Alexis.

Their stuff doesn't show up until freaking OCTOBER?! I thought their stuff was starting next week. Damn, I'm not sure the shows ratings can take it.

• Love 2

I get why LW praises the show it just gets really annoying. No, GH is not kicking ass and hasn't for months. 

Not months - years. It's been bad since Levi and pickle Lila. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Their stuff doesn't show up until freaking OCTOBER?! I thought their stuff was starting next week. Damn, I'm not sure the shows ratings can take it.

Yeah, I thought Uncle Frank said the material airing this was between head writers, and then the new material started airing next week.

You all will have to forgive me, I didn't take my brain pills or use toxic face cream today.

• Love 3