Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I enjoy LVP's love of animals (although it's bordering on hoarding), but she needs to cool it with the sexy talk. Sea lions - cute, funny, playful - but to call them sexy? Simmer down lady. I've always felt so bad for Giggy and squicked out by how she talks to him. So strange.

What?  You don't think it's charming when Lisa tells Hanky that she thinks he's sexy and wants to put her hand up his backside?  I wonder how Giggy, the original "Sex Monster" feels about all of this.

I have to say that Lisa's human sexual innuendoes have been toned down this season, for which I am grateful.

• Love 8

I enjoy LVP's love of animals (although it's bordering on hoarding), but she needs to cool it with the sexy talk. Sea lions - cute, funny, playful - but to call them sexy? Simmer down lady. I've always felt so bad for Giggy and squicked out by how she talks to him. So strange.

I think "sexy" is LVP's trademark, just as Paris Hilton once had, "that's hot". A season or two ago, LVP scolded the bartender for using a plain ice bucket versus a sexy one.  I couldn't fathom what was sexy about the thing, but perhaps it was a little phallic?

• Love 9

I think "sexy" is LVP's trademark, just as Paris Hilton once had, "that's hot". A season or two ago, LVP scolded the bartender for using a plain ice bucket versus a sexy one.  I couldn't fathom what was sexy about the thing, but perhaps it was a little phallic?

A car can be sexy.  So can a boat.  A pair of shoes. I suppose even a designer ice bucket in a hot guy's apartment could be considered sexy - if it held a perfect bottle of champagne that was sweating a little on the outside.  But animals?  Just no. Well, perhaps a panther.  But a semi-conscious dog with hair loss or a swan with diarrhea?  Certainly not.

• Love 20

Much like LVP, I am an animal freak, and I'm sure I look as silly baby talking them.  But I feel maternal, not turned on and sexual.  And my pets are named Maya, Tyler, and Arya, rather than Orgy, Menage a trois, and Blow Job.  I don't get the sexualizing of pets, but I think she sees it as zany and perhaps eccentric.

• Love 20

I'm beginning to think my dog has Munchiehoundsens.  As soon as she gets over one thing, it's something else and I'm the one stuck driving her around and paying the bills.  I had to make 5 trips to various vet's offices this week.  She displays atypical symptoms of uncommon ailments and makes it hard to get a diagnosis.  Her treatments involve weird injections.  I'm pretty sure that if I bought her a white doggie robe and put it on her she'd wear it.  She's also been unusually interested in the lemon tree out back.  I'm beginning to understand how David feels.

OMG, that is hilarious. (not the sick dog but your take on it). Thanks for the belly laugh.

• Love 2

Haha, as far as sexualizing animals, I would feel weird calling an animal sexy. But I don't think Lisa means anything by it, she is just showing her appreciation in her own way. I love that she loves animals, but people are important too! In any case, it seems harmless. I don't think her household consists of a bunch of sexually abused animals. She is in the glamour business, being in BH and all, so maybe she is trying to be influential. When I saw the seal doing the kissing thing, it made me wonder what kind of training it had to do that. Hopefully, the training was humane. Right now, I'm totally against the circus animals being used in circuses, and I've watched a bunch of stuff on the cruelty involved in getting wild animals to do the stuff they do. LisaV hopefully respects animals for what they are, and not playthings that are just there for her admiration.

I can't stand LisaR. She doesn't seem to be involved or interested in anything remotely interesting or important. She is so into herself, spending her whole life on her diet and body and looks. It's very boring. Elieen I do believe cares a lot about her family, which is why she works so hard to maintain her lifestyle, and that of her husband. Yeah, she's been married before, and she and Vince had an affair. Who really cares? That was ages ago. I have a very mean hearted aunt, and after my divorce I was talking about my new bf. I was excited about him, and I really liked him a lot. She pretended to be interested, when she said, "Haven't you been married?" I mean, yes, that's true, and I'm not hiding that I was divorced, but to bring it up just made me feel like she looked at me as amoral. It was the opposite of supportive. LisaV is obviously very judgemental, and I don't think she really likes Vince that much. That is HER problem. No reason to make someone, a friend or not, feel shitty.

Her excuse that she was just asking Elieen about her love affair was bs.

All said, LisaV is the typical uneducated older woman. Stuck in HS, still thinks that how things look is reallly important, and hung up on sex, not super comfortable with it. She should get a mirror and examine her vagina. I bet she doesn't even know what it looks like. 

• Love 5

I don't mean to beat a dead camel, but I keep reading this here and on another forum. As Breezy424 said above, her exact words were "they're fine", and then when everyone was shocked, she added "he said no = that only Yo has it". This is an incredibly important point, IMO. As was said above, LVP doesn't make mistakes on camera. The real question is whether or not LVP said this with Mo's blessing. He might have been as interested in getting this information out there as LVP was. He may have meant they took their course of medicine and don't have it now, but that is very different than what Yo was claiming at the time, which was that they were suffering horribly with "diminished abilities".

I don't know if it is true that LVP doesn't make mistakes on camera. During that particular conversation you could actually see that she was uncomfortable with the questions and was trying to minimize her responses. She knew she was making a mistake and couldn't control the narrative. LVP is controlling when it comes to how she portrays herself on screen and in that instance, you could see that she knew she was losing control of the conversation was doing her best to shut it down. She even resorted to her standard onscreen defense mechanism of "jokingly" saying, "don't make me come over there" because she really knew that she had said too much and didn't want to have to explain what she said or elaborate on it. 

I don't think it is really about LVP not making mistakes on camera. I think she has a way of minimizing her mistake by shrugging it off, or making a joke out of the situation to keep it from escalating into something that she can't control. Because, the one thing that Lisa truly does manipulate is her television persona. She can tell a housewife "well if it bothers you so much you should bring it up" or as she did with Taylor in season 1, tell the HW they need to "sort it out." That doesn't mean she is manipulating the other HW's - they are still free agents to do what they want and control their own onscreen narrative. But, she is trying to manipulate her own image when it comes to fans. And that is what I think the other HW's resent. They most likely think that LVP's fans feel that she can do no wrong - remember when Brandi tweeted that LVP could barbecue babies and people would still love her? 

LVP's fans see her and her flaws, and they still admire and love her. What the other HW's don't see is that even though her fans love her and will defend her, they also see her flaws and call her out on them on Social Media. But, LVP is smart enough to take that feedback from her fans and apply it to her next blog post, or reunion, or season. The other HW's want her to have a massive fan backlash - not realizing that she has had plenty of them because their own backlashes have been so painful while hers has never gotten her down. In other words, when LVP makes a mistake on camera, she usually recovers gracefully enough for her fans to find a plausible reason to still love her and the other HW's haven't figured out how to do that. Kyle finally seems to get it and that is why, IMO, she is not trying to make herself a victim of LVP the way that Eileen and LisaR are demanding. 

Kyle has finally figured out what is most important when it comes to which fights she wants to be a part of. For her, LVP trying to control her image on the show is not some major thing - because she knows that is what is happening. I think that is why Kyle didn't back down at all with her questioning LVP about what Mo said. And I also think that is why she thinks that Eileen and LisaR are being ridiculous. LisaR may say that she has "known" LVP for 26 years, but Kyle has filmed with her long enough to KNOW how LVP operates and she not only understands it she has learned from it. How much do you want to bet that Kyle finds a way to call LVP out while still continuing to be her friend? And how much do you want to bet that she is going to defend LVP at the reunion? Kyle is finally learning how to play the HW's game LVP style. 

It's funny, I am one of the minority who actually really likes LisaR. But, I am totally with LVP on this. LisaR is trying to spin as fast as she can because she was trying to second guess audience reaction. She thought people would be pissed that she was questioning a "sick" person, and started to worry that her own truth cannon was going to cause some fan backlash, so she tried to backtrack and make it someone else's fault. Then, she tried to backtrack to make Kyle take her side against LVP. 

• Love 10

Okay, I just watched the episode and all I can say is that I will never go anywhere to eat with LisaR. That bitch can ruin a meal like nobodies business. I am now convinced that she does have an eating disorder and turns up the drama at every meal so that no one notices.

I mean seriously. Why doesn't anyone tell her to shut the fuck up and let me eat? I would or I would pick up my plate and move.

• Love 20

All said, LisaV is the typical uneducated older woman. Stuck in HS, still thinks that how things look is reallly important, and hung up on sex, not super comfortable with it. She should get a mirror and examine her vagina. I bet she doesn't even know what it looks like. 

Bingo!

I took a human sexuality class in Jr college and there was a wonderful cross section of people in there - the maturity level left something to be desired tho?

There were three late teen/early 20 year olds who laughed at everything, every topic was something to snicker at or stifle a laugh about. The problem is she sees people having great sex lives or acting like her employees, total whoremasters. 

Her train left the station long ago and it must suck to stand there with a ticket you paid for and no place to go.

• Love 1

Much like LVP, I am an animal freak, and I'm sure I look as silly baby talking them.  But I feel maternal, not turned on and sexual.  And my pets are named Maya, Tyler, and Arya, rather than Orgy, Menage a trois, and Blow Job.  I don't get the sexualizing of pets, but I think she sees it as zany and perhaps eccentric.

I just can't see the back gate being left open and you yelling in the street about a "Blow Job!!!!! HERE BLOW JOB!!!!!!"

Nope, I ain't buying it. ; )

• Love 4

Ha!  I think LVP would be Addison DeWitt and Rinna would be Eve. 

Addison DeWitt: Is it possible, even conceivable, that you've confused me with that gang of backward children you play tricks on, that you have the same contempt for me as you have for them?

Eve Harrington: I'm sure you mean something by that, Addison, but I don't know what?

Addison DeWitt: Look closely, Eve. It's time you did. I am Addison DeWitt. I am nobody's fool, least of all yours.

Love this and all the "All About Eve" references, too!!  

This scene between Addison and Eve is probably the most intelligent, best written "take down" of a character in all of the filmdom!!  

• Love 1
(edited)

Here in this country for the most part, cows are hurt so that we can have milk. Not that I think this was the Housewives' issue with it though.

My father was a rancher. Cows love to be milked. It hurts them to carry all that milk. That is why they come back to the barn of their own because they know we will get rid of the milk they are carrying.

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 6

My father was a rancher. Cows love to be milked. It hurts them to carry all that milk. That is why they come back to the barn of their own because they know we will get rid of the milk they are carrying.

Some dairy farms/factories are inhumane.  Not all, but some.  Maybe most.

• Love 4

Some dairy farms/factories are inhumane.  Not all, but some.  Maybe most.

Maybe some of the large, commercial dairy farms but most of the home/family farms, even the larger ones, take good care of their milking cows and their beef cattle, at least in my area. I grew up in farming country and learned to milk cows, butcher cattle/pigs/chickens at our neighbors farms and they always treated their animals really well and were very humane in everything they did to the animals.

• Love 4
(edited)

I agree about some farming now. Not like it once was. But cows are made to be milked, it's their biology.

When I was a kid and we visited other ranchers/ farmers. You always went to see their livestock before going in their home. It was their business and we did it out of respect for them.

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 4

OMG, that is hilarious. (not the sick dog but your take on it). Thanks for the belly laugh.

Thanks.  I feel like she's been sick as long as Yoyo and had as many doctors visits.  Earlier this year she had eye drops that were made out of her own blood.  If that isn't some Yoyo Hadid Foster monkey stem cell injection shit, I don't know what is.  I wish she would have married someone to bankroll her journey so I didn't have to foot the bill.  It would be nice if her sugar daddy dog husband had a private jet too so I didn't have to schlep her around.   It is probably my fault because I used to chase her around the house calling her "My Love" and let her watch RHOBH as a puppy.   And on that note, it's time for me to get off the internet and go give my dog an immunotherapy injection.  After that maybe I should make her look extra pathetic and then help her facetime all the people in her life that have not brought her any coffee.

• Love 9
(edited)

Here in this country for the most part, cows are hurt so that we can have milk. Not that I think this was the Housewives' issue with it though.

A cow's milk is for a calf, which is what is meant to do the equivalent of milking, no? Which they can't do on factory farms, as they are immediately taken from their mothers, probably for the (disgusting and inhumane) veal industry. And factory farming is so not the same as one ranch. Also, I did say "for the most part"--and I doubt the Housewives are obtaining their milk from a ranch that cares about cows. If animals weren't used as commodities, they would simply feed their young, and the uncomfortable milk would take care of itself, same as humans. I mean, I'm no rancher, but no one is going to convince me it's OK (and by "me," I mean "for me"; other people can, of course, eat what they want--my BF isn't vegan and I don't care). We don't need milk anyway.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8

All these women are uneducated.  Have any of them gone to college?   I think Ken was successful - somewhat - before he married Lisa, and she just happened to have a knack for the bar business.   YO thinks she's smart, but she's dumb as a bag of hammers,, well except when it comes to marrying rich men.   Kathryn started modeling right out of HS.  Kyle married at 19 and is open about not going to college.   Eileen also started modeling out of HS.    Erika moved to NY after HS to try to become a singer.   Kim, no college.  Brandi I'm not sure even finished 6th grade;-)

So here you have women who have money but very little education.  No wonder they can't have "adult" conversation,& rationally settle disagreements. 

LisaR has shown that she's especially immature.  Trying anything to fit in with the "cool girls", ganging up on the one she thinks the other don't like (this will make them like me even more), and her immature tweeting and texting.     In some ways she's a lot like Brandi.  They don't know how to process criticism, conversations, their first reaction is to lash out.  

• Love 9
(edited)

Haha, as far as sexualizing animals, I would feel weird calling an animal sexy. But I don't think Lisa means anything by it, she is just showing her appreciation in her own way. I love that she loves animals, but people are important too! In any case, it seems harmless. I don't think her household consists of a bunch of sexually abused animals. She is in the glamour business, being in BH and all, so maybe she is trying to be influential. When I saw the seal doing the kissing thing, it made me wonder what kind of training it had to do that. Hopefully, the training was humane. Right now, I'm totally against the circus animals being used in circuses, and I've watched a bunch of stuff on the cruelty involved in getting wild animals to do the stuff they do. LisaV hopefully respects animals for what they are, and not playthings that are just there for her admiration.

I wonder the same things, but as wonderful as an encounter with that seal may be, I would never do it. And I'd never swim with dolphins or pull a Beyoncé by playing with wild cat cubs. Much like giving money to Sea World makes one complicit with the abuse of their orcas (and lack of concern that three humans have been killed by Tilikum), interacting with animals outside of their natural environment, and coercing them into doing unnatural behavior simply contributes to and continues neglect and abuse. Not gonna do it.

ETA:  I once watched a documentary about an elephant's journey to a sanctuary.  Her reaction to seeing an elephant she had known decades before is one of the most touching things I've ever seen.  I despise circuses.

ETA:  Here's a clip about that elephant.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF8em4uPdCg

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 10

NOOOOO! The way they treat circus animals is horrendous. I am so glad that elephant found sanctuary in the sanctuary. I think the only college educated person on the show is Tom Girardi.  One thing the women DO have going for them is they are highly competitive. That unwillingness to back down, the relentless pursuit to be right (despite evidence to the contrary), and the way they all break down anyone weak, and just the desire to look and be in beautiful surroundings at all times, has to be driven by extremely motivated behavior. Yes, Elieen is persistent, but she's managed to work for 40 years in an industry where that is unheard of. So her personality may be off putting in a social setting, but overall, it's working for her. ANd she isn't bat shit crazy like Rinna. 

• Love 2
(edited)
I wonder the same things, but as wonderful as an encounter with that seal may be, I would never do it. And I'd never swim with dolphins or pull a Beyoncé by playing with wild cat cubs. Much like giving money to Sea World makes one complicit with the abuse of their orcas (and lack of concern that three humans have been killed by Tilikum), interacting with animals outside of their natural environment, and coercing them into doing unnatural behavior simply contributes to and continues neglect and abuse. Not gonna do it.

With you there, but I admit the temptation would be great if the opportunity presented itself. I have gotten to pet wolves at a sanctuary event though, and it was pretty great.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

ETA:  I once watched a documentary about an elephant's journey to a sanctuary.  Her reaction to seeing an elephant she had known decades before is one of the most touching things I've ever seen.  I despise circuses.

ETA:  Here's a clip about that elephant.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF8em4uPdCg

Thanks for posting that clip. Watching on a Saturday morning was a beautiful way to start the day.

• Love 3
(edited)

notnowimbusy wrote:

All these women are uneducated.  Have any of them gone to college?   I think Ken was successful - somewhat - before he married Lisa, and she just happened to have a knack for the bar business.   YO thinks she's smart, but she's dumb as a bag of hammers,, well except when it comes to marrying rich men.   Kathryn started modeling right out of HS.  Kyle married at 19 and is open about not going to college.   Eileen also started modeling out of HS.    Erika moved to NY after HS to try to become a singer.   Kim, no college.  Brandi I'm not sure even finished 6th grade;-)

So here you have women who have money but very little education.  No wonder they can't have "adult" conversation,& rationally settle disagreements.

LisaR has shown that she's especially immature.  Trying anything to fit in with the "cool girls", ganging up on the one she thinks the other don't like (this will make them like me even more), and her immature tweeting and texting.     In some ways she's a lot like Brandi.  They don't know how to process criticism, conversations, their first reaction is to lash out.

Having a college degree is not the mark of intelligence.  Below is a link listing  100 successful people who never attended college and some dropped out of high school.  Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Jackson and Frank Loyd Wright (never attended high school), to name only  3.  

http://elitedaily.com/news/business/100-top-entrepreneurs-succeeded-college-degree/

Below are 10 famous writers who never attended college including Mark Twain and William Faulkner. 

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2013/11/10-famous-authors-who-never-graduated-from-college.html

Steven Jobs and Richard Branson are on this list. 

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/249683

Albert Einstein dropped out of college, it was not to his liking!

http://www.einstein-website.de/z_biography/biography.html

I could go on but you get the idea.  :>)  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 10
(edited)

A car can be sexy.  So can a boat.  A pair of shoes. I suppose even a designer ice bucket in a hot guy's apartment could be considered sexy - if it held a perfect bottle of champagne that was sweating a little on the outside.  But animals?  Just no. Well, perhaps a panther.  But a semi-conscious dog with hair loss or a swan with diarrhea?  Certainly not.

I feel like, here and there, it's funny to call a pet "sexy"--maybe because it is so "wrong"? Like our cats, for instance--one will fall asleep in the most exposed positions--that cats does not care and he is not proper! Once when he was a tiny kitten, I said, "Look, he thinks he's so sexy." Then, when he inexplicably jumped up from sleep and abruptly fled the room for no good reason (as cats do), my BF yelled, "Go, go, sexy kitten!" Only one letter away from the term "sex kitten," yet so not the same, haha! 

That said, I do not like when a car is called sexy in a commercial, though in general, I think the word "sexy" is funny. Does it possibly have a slightly different connotation where Lisa V. is from?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
(edited)

SUR looks nice enough to me at a glance...but never mind "sexy," what exactly so unique about it (other than its star Quagmire-faced bartender)?

And, yeah! Everyone's fine with goat cheese, but camel milk is no good? Why? (I mean, goat cheese is delicious--I do wish there was a convincing vegan option. There might be, but I haven't found it yet...and it's probably expensive.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

They serve lamb, beef and pork at SUR Restaurant. Lisa is just being a weirdo.

How? Lisa has never claimed she is an animal right activist and she admits to eating meat. Her "sexy" talk about her pets and other animals is just her joking around, having fun but nothing more. Yes, some find it weird but many others realize it is said "tongue in cheek" and don't take it literally.

• Love 14
(edited)

NOOOOO! The way they treat circus animals is horrendous. I am so glad that elephant found sanctuary in the sanctuary. I think the only college educated person on the show is Tom Girardi.  One thing the women DO have going for them is they are highly competitive. That unwillingness to back down, the relentless pursuit to be right (despite evidence to the contrary), and the way they all break down anyone weak, and just the desire to look and be in beautiful surroundings at all times, has to be driven by extremely motivated behavior. Yes, Elieen is persistent, but she's managed to work for 40 years in an industry where that is unheard of. So her personality may be off putting in a social setting, but overall, it's working for her. ANd she isn't bat shit crazy like Rinna. 

RHOBH with degrees are Camille, Taylor, Adrienne and Joyce.

Men with degrees Paul, Tom, Mauricio, Harry Hamlin, (UCBerkeley, Yale), Michael Ohoeven, Donnie Edwards, UCLA, Kelsey Grammer Julliard, Russell Armstrong, David Gebbia(?),

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4
(edited)

Going to Moracco later in the year.

This show got me interested in caftans.

If anyone is interested and looking for a starter caftans.

I bought two through Shoe Mall - they are gorgeous!

When I've shown them to friends, they say omg what did you pay for those?

They look very expensive, but were $14.00 haha

No stone or anything on them, don't like that look for me.

Won't be wearing till it I' m in Moracco. They will probably cost more to clean than I paid for them. Doubting if they last long. Not see through at all.

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 10

^ agreed! jeez at first the critism is she doesn't help people, then it's she's not the right type of animal activist. C' mon people at least she's doing something to make the world a better place.

Everyone can't do everything! Of course people pick and choose; it's almost impossible not to and still remain a part of society. And when different people choose different causes, maybe it ensures that all causes are at least represented. Some people make animal shelters a priority in their lives while still being omnivores, some people eat vegan but don't worry about animal-tested products, blah-blah-blah. While we're all pretty similar and support various causes, my friends have their pet ones, while I tend toward animal-related ones over others.

• Love 9
(edited)

A cow's milk is for a calf, which is what is meant to do the equivalent of milking, no? Which they can't do on factory farms, as they are immediately taken from their mothers, probably for the (disgusting and inhumane) veal industry. And factory farming is so not the same as one ranch. Also, I did say "for the most part"--and I doubt the Housewives are obtaining their milk from a ranch that cares about cows. If animals weren't used as commodities, they would simply feed their young, and the uncomfortable milk would take care of itself, same as humans. I mean, I'm no rancher, but no one is going to convince me it's OK (and by "me," I mean "for me"; other people can, of course, eat what they want--my BF isn't vegan and I don't care). We don't need milk anyway.

The very act of a cow eating creates milk. Baby or no baby. Cows have to eat to live.

Don't know if your assumption came from PETA. Humans are not created the same as livestock.

Not trying to convince you., reading something into this. You are entitled to your opinion. Very rarely eat meat unless I know for sure its not from a corporate farms.

Edited by This2getsold

The very act of a cow eating creates milk. Baby or no baby. Cows have to eat to live.

Don't know if your assumption came from PETA. Humans are not created the same as livestock.

Not trying to convince you., reading something into this. You are entitled to your opinion. Very rarely eat meat unless I know for sure its not from a corporate farms.

Cows must have a calf to lactate. All mammals are the same in this respect. It's not PETA rhetoric. It's very basic biology. Cows are kept lactating longer than they would naturally would by milking, but they must periodically be bred to make milk.

• Love 9
(edited)

I've never read that, just that the type of food a cow eats affects how much milk it produces, and that while a cow can produce milk well after it delivers a calf, that milk will eventually "dry up" until the next time the cow is impregnated. And, no, I don't put much stock in PETA except for a few cosmetic lists and its "accidentally vegan" list (helpful for junk-food cravings; I'm not a health-motivated vegan--at least not my health, that is).

And, really, I firmly believe that every little bit counts in some way, whether you're a strict vegan, vegetarian, or omnivore who makes a conscious effort. I read recently that omnivore households simply cutting back on meat consumption once or twice a week has made a notable effect. Again, everyone can't do everything. I know I don't.

Either way, it's probably moot regarding the Housewives (probably--I mean, I don't know what anti-cruelty philosophies they may hold outside of what I see).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6

Erika saying, 'let's just have fun', every TH is tiring.   Producers are prompting the drama and you know this, you watch them do it every damn day they tape!  Stop acting like you are above it all.  You signed on knowing that this franchise does not specialize in love fests. 

I almost had whiplash between Erika's first TH of "Rinna needs to address LVP/if she's gonna take her down she needs to have her facts straight" blah blah of that nature - almost giddy about it, cut to the next one "Why are these bitches always fighting? Can we just have dinner and a nice time?" Jiggawha??

• Love 12

A cow has to have a calf to produce milk.  They breed the milking cows once a year to keep this cycle going.  

• Love 5

Erika bought in a 3 man glam squad for that?!!? Her eye makeup looked like Tammy Faye Baker after getting caught in a torrential rain storm. Why would you want to look like that in the hot desert with sand blowing all up in your face?? Her eyes looked like pin holes surrounded by black soot.

I was thinking Tammy Faye Bakker too! I didn't think anyone would know her, so I shrieked out loud (sorry, other people in Starbucks...) when I read your comment.

• Love 6

Her "sexy" talk about her pets and other animals is just her joking around, having fun but nothing more. Yes, some find it weird but many others realize it is said "tongue in cheek" and don't take it literally.

I don't think Lisa is sexualizing her animals by calling them sexy. I don't think any of us take her literally and hopefully she is joking.

She's just said it so often that now it's "schtick-y" and totally predictable.   And yeah, a little bit weird. 

• Love 12

This episode was a jump the shark moment for me.  I had one of those with RHNJ and stopped watching.  I don't need this nonsense on my tv.  And did they really add extra minutes to the episode to extend this crap?

I'm guessing the sea lion has a great agent-she had more lines than Erika's glam team.

• Love 8

Talking about these women and a college education and I think it is sort of like the Chinese saying "keep quiet and let others wonder if you are stupid; open your mouth and remove all doubt".  Only here it would be "not going to college doesn't make these women stupid; being on a reality show though gives ample opportunity to show they are".

• Love 6

I don't think Lisa is sexualizing her animals by calling them sexy. I don't think any of us take her literally and hopefully she is joking.

She's just said it so often that now it's "schtick-y" and totally predictable.   And yeah, a little bit weird. 

I agree, and I think that Lisa knows this and plays on it.  It is one of her "things", kind of like wearing pink.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Humans are not created the same as livestock.

Semantics and all, but I feel like I have to add that livestock was not really created to be "livestock"; they're sentient beings who we turned into "livestock."

Going to Moracco later in the year.

This show got me interested in caftans.

If anyone is interested and looking for a starter caftans.

I bought two through Shoe Mall - they are gorgeous!

When I've shown them to friends, they say omg what did you pay for those?

They look very expensive, but were $14.00 haha

No stone or anything on them, don't like that look for me.

Won't be wearing till it I' m in Moracco. They will probably cost more to clean than I paid for them. Doubting if they last long. Not see through at all.

This entire post, however, sounds glorious and magical! I'm jealous as hell but I hope it's super-fabulous!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

I agree, and I think that Lisa knows this and plays on it.  It is one of her "things", kind of like wearing pink.

They should on the behind the scenes special that when Lisa was cast she wanted to be known as "pinky" rather than Lisa. The producers where like " yea, no we aren't doing that".

• Love 7

They should on the behind the scenes special that when Lisa was cast she wanted to be known as "pinky" rather than Lisa. The producers where like " yea, no we aren't doing that".

Did it mention what she wanted her phony sidekick Cedric to go by?  Going by appearance choices that determined her wants, I'm guessing Waxy?

• Love 1

ETA:  I once watched a documentary about an elephant's journey to a sanctuary.  Her reaction to seeing an elephant she had known decades before is one of the most touching things I've ever seen. 

This week's episode of Nature on PBS is about reunions between animals (gorillas, elephants) and the people who handled them in the past, to see if the animals recognized them.  You'll love it.

Having a college degree is not the mark of intelligence. 

RHOBH with degrees are Camille, Taylor, Adrienne and Joyce.

Hmm.  Three of these college graduates were on the first season but are no longer leads, and college-graduate Joyce lasted only one season.

That tells me that in this case, anyway, a college degree may be a mark of intelligence after all.

• Love 6

Is that Kim Richards making chicken salad in the background?

200w.gif

LOOK at how crazy she was (is).  Chicken salad for a battalion, not one teen girl and her date.  Hellman's jar trembling next to her, wondering when the spoon assault will begin.  I can't.  I cannot, ladies and gents.  Dammit her poor kids. 

I'm mad at Yo!LAN!DA!!! (<-- tm cracked out Kim Richards) for bringing Kim's brand of insanity back next week.  She (all 3 'she'-s but esp. Kim) looks horrible. 

• Love 3

A car can be sexy. So can a boat. A pair of shoes. I suppose even a designer ice bucket in a hot guy's apartment could be considered sexy - if it held a perfect bottle of champagne that was sweating a little on the outside. But animals? Just no. Well, perhaps a panther. But a semi-conscious dog with hair loss or a swan with diarrhea? Certainly not.

Yeah, I once heard someone refer to the cover of a statistics textbook as "sexy." :p

• Love 1

How? Lisa has never claimed she is an animal right activist and she admits to eating meat. Her "sexy" talk about her pets and other animals is just her joking around, having fun but nothing more. Yes, some find it weird but many others realize it is said "tongue in cheek" and don't take it literally.

So what was the march to the church/Chinese consulate about? "sexy doggy" rights?
  • Love 1

LisaR is not a meal-ruiner. You can see that she's super uncomfortable bringing stuff up. They HAVE to fight at meals. Fighting and drama is part of the show and the ladies are all expected to bring it. It was just Lisa's turn to bring something up.

• Love 4