Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E07: Mad Treasure Hunt

• Start Topic

Kass could be hoping for another season or she may be overestimating her fellow cast mates capacity to forgive and forget and really thinks she can win. Only time will tell. Right now she seems the most disliked player left in the game, but there's still time for someone to take her place.

Order of elimination may be a factor as well. Right now Sarah & Morgan are having a fine old time bitching about Kass at ponderosa, but if the alliance of 6 boots one of their own, they may find someone new to gossip about.

Not to take attention off Kass but remember Sandra? She won twice without doing any work at all. But she talked her way into the finals and then won both times. Now that is playing your own game AND without really having much of an alliance with ANYONE, lol.

Yes, Sandra was great in that regard.  But it was due to her "Anyone but me" strategy.  Sandra never dug her heels in on getting out one person over another, and never cared about who was seemingly in charge.  She voted with the group, occasionally stirred up trouble between other people while mostly staying out of the fray herself, and kept folks from getting too pissed at her.  Basically, the exact opposite of the game Kass is playing! 

• Love 7

So earlier, I made the mistake of thinking that Spencer found the Terry/Yul idol - it turns out that his clue was for the “regular” type idol, (either Tony or LJ’s, reseeded.)  This obviously isn’t as good for Spencer, but maybe that’s just my testosterone speaking.

Ben Wade ought to be loving this season, Morgan was the second player targeted for, essentially, not being an active player.  She didn't help around camp, and she wasn’t particularly making herself useful to either alliance.  She didn’t, (to paraphrase Tony,) “deserve to be here/ have a chance to win.”  Post merge, an obvious goat like that usually hangs around for a long spell.

This is the greatest argument for all-newbie seasons: they don’t automatically play by the established paradigms.

Black Buff Tribe

1. Trish (2) I think you are the quiet Adderall to Tony’s over-the-top ADHD.  Admittedly Tony has some really good ideas, but he also can’t help but be too pleased with himself for having them.  I think you temper his enthusiasm, and I think you help direct the targeting (perhaps off camera.)  [Remember that the whole Lindsey imbroglio had its roots in Lindsey not “doing as much” around camp.]

2. Tony (1) You no longer have an idol, and you are an obvious “don’t take to the final” player.  But you’re charismatic, and seem to hold sway over your alliance.  (Again, I do these rankings while trying to ignore the red herring laden “next time on Survivor,” previews.)

3. Kass (3) Current goat position.  You may “deserve” to be in the game, but you’re not getting a lot of jury votes.

4. Woo (4) Because you’re tightest with Trish and Tony.
5. Jefra (5) Because you don’t come across as a threat.  You are helping around camp though, right?
6. LJ (6) You used your idol, and you’re the biggest immunity threat to Trish, Tony, (and Kass.)

7. Spenser (9)  If played, the HII can keep you around for an extra tribal council, but you’re an immunity threat, so ...  (Caveat: I really think he’s getting a winner’s edit.)

8. Tasha (8) Okay, now you’ll be viewed as an immunity threat, but classic Survivor sexism means that ...

9. Jeremiah (10) ... will be viewed as a greater Immunity Challenge threat, even though he hasn’t really shown much of that to date.  Another danger for Jeremiah is that he doesn’t seem to be “playing the game” as much as Spenser and Tasha - could this group actually penalize him for that?

GONE Morgan (7)  In one of Tony’s reasonable ideas, you were identified as someone that no one would use an idol on.  He was right.

• Love 1

This is the greatest argument for all-newbie seasons: they don’t automatically play by the established paradigms.

Preach it.  That and dumping the time-wasting strategy-killing Redemption island have just elevated this season tremendously..There is so much more energy.

• Love 3

I'm slightly confused about something. Spencer came running back to camp telling his alliance Woo took the clue from his pants and threw them in the river. But i thought Woo just picked them up and tossed them to Spencer and the clue fell out. Did Spencer say that simply to make it reflect badly on Woo?

My understanding was that Woo picked up Spencer's pants and the clue fell out. He tossed the pants aside (intentionally into the water to slow Spencer down, accidentally into the water because he was distracted, not in the water at all and Spencer lied - I have no idea)... 

The way it was edited it was really hard to tell what exactly happened in terms of him finding his pants, picking up his pants, finding the idol and getting rid of the pants. Boo edit monkeys, boo. 

• Love 1
Did you hear her "bragging" that she like to ambush and blindside people in court, even if it's not considered smart (paraphrasing)?

Has anyone confirmed that Kass actually has a law degree and doesn't simply equate "talking back to the TV while L.A. Law reruns play on Lifetime" with being a lawyer?

Because just like her comment about "never losing a trial" from last week, I'm calling a big Bullshit on this "trial by ambush" comment.  There's a little thing called "Discovery" that prevents that.

At this point, I really hope Kass makes it to the FTC, because she'll be the most insufferable juror ever (and that's a tall order)!

The frustrating thing is, she'll get carried to FTC as a goat and misconstrue it to take full credit for getting there based on her "strategy" and "gameplay".

• Love 4