Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Jinger Flips

• Start Topic

Jessa goes out for coffee with Jana and Anna, leaving Ben in charge of Spurgeon; Jinger buys a car at auction; Jana starts a new project with her brothers; Jill and Derick introduce Israel to their love of pickles

I always hated the "bumbling Dad can't look after his own kids" schtick on TV, but with this gang it's a thousand times more eye-rolling. Their whole deal is kids. They can't even finish being kids themselves before having kids. It would be like watching an auto mechanic reality show where a bunch of guys giggle and touch cars and go "what does this button do? hahahahaha!" 

Yeah, we don't know if they will be so transparent and lame, I was mocking something that hasn't happened and, like you, hope it doesn't. 

The bolded is hilarious. 

• Love 2

Dill introduces Israel to their love of pickles?!???!

Gosh, better set that DVR right now because I surely don't want to miss one second of this riveting segment!

The high salt levels, vinegar, and acid used in the pickling process put pickles on the list of foods that you shouldn’t give to a baby.

• Love 12

The high salt levels, vinegar, and acid used in the pickling process put pickles on the list of foods that you shouldn’t give to a baby.

Yes but you're forgetting what adorable TV it will make.

• Love 8

They are going to build a treehouse on tonight’s episode?? …. So we’re literally going to watch paint dry. What fun!

I was thinking the same thing, it's really the only place they can go right?  Last week was how many Duggars does it take to change a lightbulb (light fixtures)?  And this week will be watching paint dry.  I also don't get why Jill gets credit with Jessa for the show when she's clearly not on it.  It's the same show as 19 kids just without the parent narrators (which, who knew they needed them?).

• Love 6

In the Sneak Peek, Jinger revealed that she had attended auctions before. So why does JD have to show her how to bid? Shouldn't she already be an auction expert?

These people are such idiots. I can't wait for Joy the Party Planner (Lord help us, it's coming, complete with Sierra). She's an expert now, too!!!!

I can't believe that People fell for these plot-driven "occupations," but sadly, I have no trouble believing that the leghumpers take what they see as gospel. Ugh.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

Oh hey you guys, did you know that Dill and Jerrick are raising a baby who is a US citizen in a country he wasn't born in?? 

Really, they are bigger idiots than I ever imagined.

Oh hell, Jinger's mechanic is a 10 year old. Who can't read or do math.

I just can't.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 16

I'm pretty sure most of the viewing audience knows how an auction works, JD, but thanks.

Jinger has 'several' friends who have the same car she wanted? I find that very hard to believe.

Lose the beret/knit caps, Jinge. I cannot STAND that look (apologies to any beret-loving friends here). Makes me think the person is trying too hard.

I did laugh at Jana being the only Duggar who has ever been to jail.

Ugh. Why is it Jana's job to get those kids out of the house?? God that makes me mad!

Joy had to take a class to learn how to clean a car with a toothbrush?

Oh my goodness. I mentioned it last week. And now I'll say it again: The commercial for Two In A Million broke my heart and makes me feel so happy all at the same time. Those little guys meeting each other. So sweet. And so amazing for them.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 10

LOVED the comments by Anna at the beginning when Jessa left Spurge with his doofus daddy. Loved when Anna said -- my husband isn't "available" to babysit, so I'm bringing Meredith. And then at the café when they're talking about how Ben's doing with the baby, Anna goes -- you have to check all his social media . . . . Awkward pause . . . to make sure he's watching the baby and not glued to his devices. HA!! You know she wishes she monitored Joshey's activities online and maybe she would have figured out he was sleeping with others.

Really??  I mean, I'd call that a 100% Freudian slip except I know these folks by now - really, if I come home and my kid's not injured I assume Daddy's done a good job.  I don't feel the need to stalk his FB to make sure he didn't post about the evening's game.

• Love 7

Sooo Jinger is flipping the car but the Jerbil boys are doing all of the talking? All of the haggling? All of the dealing? While Jinger stands...and looks. Ok then.

But she's a good talker. Right. So much for them showing me the womenfolk stepping up.

• Love 17

The car sale negotiation was so made for TV -- supposedly it's Jinger's car, yet she stands there and let's the menfolk -- i.e. her 17 yr old brother -- negotiate the deal. She makes $1000 profit on a car where she did nothing besides clean it, and her brother tells the buyer that they know nothing about the car's history and just gave it a check up. Then magically that deal falls apart and she later sells it off camera for a $500 profit.

• Love 6

That coffee was the most boring thing I've ever seen. I mean 3 early mid 20s women go out and ALL they can talk about is babies? How advanced Spurge is? How Meredith reaches for things? How Meredith rolled over yesterday? Um -- that's nice but who freaking cares?? And why would Jana care -- given that she hasn't even birthed a child. There really have nothing to talk about -- idle gossip; fashion; people they're watching at the coffee shop? Anything would be scintillating compared to -- OMG I wonder how Ben's doing, he hasn't texted, OMG Spurge is soooo advanced . . . .

• Love 10

Lose the beret/knit caps, Jinge. I cannot STAND that look (apologies to any beret-loving friends here). Makes me think the person is trying too hard.

At least she's trying. She seems to be the only one with any sense of personal style.

• Love 12

LOVED the comments by Anna at the beginning when Jessa left Spurge with his doofus daddy. Loved when Anna said -- my husband isn't "available" to babysit, so I'm bringing Meredith. And then at the café when they're talking about how Ben's doing with the baby, Anna goes -- you have to check all his social media . . . . Awkward pause . . . to make sure he's watching the baby and not glued to his devices. HA!! You know she wishes she monitored Joshey's activities online and maybe she would have figured out he was sleeping with others.

Anna is a woman who is going to spend EVERY WAKING MOMENT FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE monitoring her husband's activity.  She's probably installed surveillance cameras in the house, tapped the phone line and put spy equipment in his car.  

• Love 8

Hell has to be sitting around comparing my little sprocket to the other geniuses in the room.  Hey, little one here doesn't look anything like me and nothing like your family either.  Probably way behind developmental guideline but hell, he's ok.. so just shut up.  Meanwhile, one of their little shits is licking wires on fans.  Why not tell him to raise his hand so it will make funny sounds whopping his fingers, you dim wads.

Meanwhile, I thought the show was over.  The commercial for the 2 in a million with rare conditions went on for so long I figured it was actually on.  Like one of those long commercials late at night you figure must be an informercial but eventually here comes your program again.  

I like John David though.  And I liked Jer (I think) possibly the one who is now bald and going to ALERT.  Wonder what awful deed he did.

I would never check up on my husbands emails, and texts, and all his on line stuff.  There are personal boundaries I don't care to cross.  There are a lot of people I now have little contact with because they have the kind of marriage where the husband is reading my stuff.  I feel invaded.  So sorry, Mr and Mrs, we are done.

• Love 7

So much for Jana the Architect. Her plans were shot down and blown to bits. She might have drawn that picture, but it wasn't her vision. Again, it was so evident how the males subjugate females in the family, and by extension, I suppose in general. 

• Love 12

What is the deal with feeding Spurgeon?  Can Jessa not express a bottle of milk for Ben to feed to him while she is gone?  She actually has to rush home if he gets hungry?  Really?

I can't believe this is the long-term plan ... never going more than a couple of miles away from home and waiting for the text that says she needs to rush home the whole time she is out. But they made no mention at all (that I heard) of expressing milk.  And if you can nurse, you can express milk, right?  Or is there some Fundie policy against it?  It would be a convenient way to keep a woman tied down.

I am thinking this was just a really sad, pathetic attempt to create some tension in the "plot" of Ben the Babysitter.  Everyone was probably disappointed when Spurgeon slept the whole time because they didn't get to film Jessa rushing in to save the day with her magical mammary glands.  What a stupid episode.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 11

Duh. Jessa doesn't have a JOB or any actual activities that would separate her from her Breast Friend (yes, I saw it lying on the couch in the second episode I watched the other night). So no. No lessons learned from the Josie experience. 

• Love 3

As others here have already noted, Jinger didn't negotiate the sale of the car. She also didn't clean the car - all I saw was Joy working while Jinger watched and she admitted to being grossed out. I also didn't see Justin doing anything mechanical - he was just standing there and there was another man (did they call him Pastor?) who I gathered was teaching Justin. But as we know, all Justin has to do is watch that guy change the oil and, voila, Justin is now a mechanic!

I was stunned that the vehicle had 220,000 miles on it. 

Now we know that Boob's current car lot is a piece of land on the road.

• Love 5

This episode practically put me into a coma.

Coffee shop scene: Awkward silence...Jessa wonders how Spurgeon is doing...awkward silence...Anna wonders how Spurgeon is doing...crickets in the background.

I loved Anna throwing shade upon arrival at the Mold House by saying sarcastically "My husband's not available to babysit today" as if that were somehow Bin and Jessa's fault.

I wasn't aware pickles are bad for babies, but Izzy wrinkling his face up was really cute. Let's pray he doesn't chew on any electrical cords while attempting to soothe his gums.

I barely paid attention during the tree house scenes. The Duggar kids couldn't even fake enthusiasm for the project (God, if I hear that word one more time...), so I took my cues from them and tuned it out.

• Love 9

Do people really buy cars with 200,000 miles on them? I've never seen that end well on The People's Court.

I bought an auction car with 196,000 miles. We are now going steady at 252,000. *knock on wood. Repeatedly.*

These people are so dull. The girls can do anything they want! As long as she has no less than 3 brothers surrounding her at all times. I keep having to remind myself that Jana and JD are siblings/twins. They seem more like a married couple than Benessa and the Dillards.

I hate, hate, hate the new dad trope. I've seen actual people that I know do this in real life. 1. Your husband is not babysitting or even "watching" the baby. He is being a dad and doing his actual job. 2. If I marry someone and have a child with them, you'd better believe that I'm going to trust him with the kid. I'm hitting that door and not batting an eye until coffee is in my veins.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 10

We just had to evacuate my MIL's car from a garage space due to need. The senior complex where she lives knew she wasn't the primary driver of the car anymore. My husband, a co title owner, attempts to remove the car and bring it to our place, an entire four blocks away. With only 20k miles,  a new battery installed less than six months ago, and a clear registration, what could go wrong? 

Everything. We get it going to move it to its new home. Try to turn it over. nada,  We take title on the 1st, but we're towing this thing on the MIL's dime. Not her fault at all, but it was a total WTF. I guess anyone who would have bought her car between 3/1 and now would have had this problem? Who the fuck knows.

The big picture I get from the Duggars is Snake Oil Salespersons. They are slime. Right now,  I am very angry. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

I hate, hate, hate the new dad trope. I've seen actual people that I know do this in real life. 1. Your husband is not babysitting or even "watching" the baby. He is being a dad and doing his actual job. 2. If I marry someone and have a child with them, you'd better believe that I'm going to trust him with the kid. I'm hitting that door and not batting an eye until coffee is in my veins.

Bin looked PISSED when Jessa corrected him about not saying babysitting. Have these people not heard about bottles? God forbid these women are actually away from their offspring for more than 15 minutes at a time. 

The coffee shop scene was a new low point. 3 women have absolutely nothing to say other than don't you miss your baby and wow Meredith rolled over yesterday. There must be something you broads can discuss. Even the weather would be a more interesting topic.

• Love 13

I am speechless...totally speechless!!! Someone could convince TLC to sell this garbage to sleep centers all around the country in order to heal insomnia.

First it'd have to be scientifically tested, though. They'd have to make sure that listening to it as a sleep aid didn't amount to subliminally learning to be like the Duggars. Because while insomnia is bad, being like the Duggars is the fate worse than death.

• Love 7

I noted that in my Sneak Peek review. Upon reflection, I am pretty sure that JD or Joe was the "teacher." 

Yeah. Cause I looked up "car detailing classes" and found that you have to spend about three solid days in class and spend around $1500. That flies in the face of Jim Bob Duggar Principle of Professional Training Numero Uno: Watch somebody do the job for two and a half hours and don't pay them a single dime.

• Love 11

This was more a "Jinger FLOPS" episode.

And is there really a class on how to vacuum a car? Shouldn't she already know how to do this as a future helpmeet?

Its Duggars way to show that they let the girls get a higher education...be it a cleaning class but a class neverless

• Love 3