Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: In The Dark

• Start Topic

When I rewatched the episode I could see they were keys and a fob.  But dang, that looked like a pipe to me. mea culpa.

Mr G helpfully pointed out that she's a pill head and not a pot head so she probably doesn't have time for the relatively mellow high that pot gives you vs. pillses.

Jenelle is a shit person. She is a bad person and she should feel bad.  But she doesn't. I don't think she's capable of it, honestly. Barb may have had her difficulties when J was growing up, but the level of sociopath that J has reached has to be mostly due to unchecked mental illness.

I also have to assume that Aubree is acting up for the cameras. When my kiddo gets around others who think he's cute he starts to get really really silly. I let it go for a while but then it starts to bug me and I have to crack down. I don't want to humiliate him by getting after him in front of other people, but he's still too young to know when exactly and how exactly to behave at all times, so it's a balancing act.

• Love 6
I believe he's capable of loving the little guy and would interact with him instead of throwing him into his room and shutting the door.

Me too.  Watching Jenelle "mother" her son is akin to watching her beat the crap out of him.  It's abuse and just breaks my heart.

• Love 3

I love how Jenelle thinks Nathan's girlfriend is a "danger to her son" because she filed charges against Jenelle for assault.

That "logic" was the most Jenelle thing ever. She's always going to be a loser, because she takes no responsibility for anything.

• Love 4

I'm going to assume Adam only pays $170/month in child support due to Chelsea's income. I know it is based on parenting time (I'm a step mother to 2 wonderful kids, we have full custody, she has visitation 2 days a week. She does not pay child support due to income, as compared to my husband's income, even though she only has the kids 2 days a week). The baby talk is a little annoying, but I'll take that any day over Jenelle and Leah!

I find myself actually liking Kail so far this "season." Her and Isaac were adorable in the car and she actually seems to be sorta happy with her life.

• Love 1

SlothLoveChunk, let me preface my response by saying you have the best handle in the history of forums. I agree 100% with your assessment of Barb. I don't know when Jenelle's father left the family, but my guess is Barb was working multiple jobs to keep a roof over their heads, and wasn't able to properly supervise her kids and give them enough attention. I've long said that Barb appears to have some sort of mental disorder herself. Jace is heading down a very bad road. I don't understand why this kid isn't in therapy. Shit, if it's a matter of cost, get MTV to foot the bill. When a kid is that angry and violent at a young age, that's not the sort of thing that clears up on it's own, especially when the family dynamics are a shit show. 

• Love 4

It was bad enough that Jenelle threw the roll in his crib while he was obviously upset (and probably sick) but she also left him in alone in a dark room. Couldn't she have at least turned on a light? Or left the door open? To paraphrase Rose Nylund, Jenelle is the precise moment that dog doo turns white.

• Love 8
It was bad enough that Jenelle threw the roll in his crib while he was obviously upset (and probably sick) but she also left him in alone in a dark room.

And to put the icing on the cake, notice she didn't bother to wipe his little face or his hands, and he was eating.  So he ends up in his dark room alone, with food and snot all over everything.  God it just makes me sick, I honestly don't know if I can watch any more of this.

• Love 10

And to put the icing on the cake, notice she didn't bother to wipe his little face or his hands, and he was eating. So he ends up in his dark room alone, with food and snot all over everything. God it just makes me sick, I honestly don't know if I can watch any more of this.

And you know she's going to spank him for getting the walls, crib and sheets dirty -- because was too lazy to spend the 20 seconds wiping him off.

She's such a piece of shit. I feel ashamed watching this show when she's on.

• Love 3

I'm telling you all, the show about this show from the lawyer's perspective MUST be made. I want so much to see the other end of the phone call when Leah calls and asks if they'd heard anything. that lawyer couldn't be more annoyed, you know she hung up and was like "Yeah, because I heard something and fucking forgot somehow to call you." And we weren't even treated to the rambling craziness that must have been Jenelle's call to her lawyer about Nathan kidnapping his own son. I need to see Adam's latest low-cost attorney trying to explain why his rap sheet IS still a valid point of contention, and that when he files for custody, the first thing he's going to hear about is all the child support he's in arrears over. Please!!! MAKE THIS HAPPEN. 

• Love 8

SlothLoveChunk, let me preface my response by saying you have the best handle in the history of forums. I agree 100% with your assessment of Barb. I don't know when Jenelle's father left the family, but my guess is Barb was working multiple jobs to keep a roof over their heads, and wasn't able to properly supervise her kids and give them enough attention. I've long said that Barb appears to have some sort of mental disorder herself. Jace is heading down a very bad road. I don't understand why this kid isn't in therapy. Shit, if it's a matter of cost, get MTV to foot the bill. When a kid is that angry and violent at a young age, that's not the sort of thing that clears up on it's own, especially when the family dynamics are a shit show.

I remember Barb saying she was in a DV relationship. She stayed in it long enough to establish credit, and I assume, enough money to buy her home. I myself have posted how Barb must have been hella busy as a single, working parent and likely could not be there for her kids.

I have wondered why no one thinks of going to therapy or at least take Jace to therapy.

• Love 5

No, I agree. We let our kids play outback by themselves. But it's completely fenced in and not near any roads.They are not allowed out front without a grownup.  I check on them often too. But Gracie went storming outside and Leah couldn't even be bothered to get up off the couch and see if she's okay. She couldn't even call her to come back in. And let's not forget that Addy was found wandering the neighborhood on her own. 

I missed the original post to this but I live in a neighborhood where little kids run rampant on the street, in other people's yard.... it's so ridiculous! Granted there's a mixture of fairly young kids were maybe 10-12 year olds... but still... I always wonder why these kids don't play in their own back yards.  They have them and they're fairly large. 

Just yesterday there was a small group playing Marco Polo up and down the street.  Were they truly playing it how you should (with eyes closed) - I freaking hope not!  Every once in awhile kids will just sit down in the street and hang out.  

It's just so freaking weird. 

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice the anti nausea bracelet/band Leah was wearing when Chasity came over. I think she was playing with it for a second. I knew exactly what they were because I wore mine the entire first trimester that I was pregnant with my daughter.i guess they work. I never threw up,but was still nauseated everyday. Wonder what Leah needed it for? Withdrawals?

yes!  I totally noticed it and was wondering wtf was up with the sea band.   Whenever I have to take opioids for my back (which thankfully hasn't been for about 6 months now) I tend to get nauseous.   I can imagine it'd be much worse when you're likely taking four times the actual recommended dosage.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 3

Can someone fill me in on the Trey Dues (I think that's the right name) story? Why is it a secret that he may or may not have been living at Leah's? Was she still married at the time?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks!

It was kept a secret because she was going through the custody dispute with Corey at the time.

I suspect he's not included in the season because MTV doesn't want to pay him. Leah has a lot of paid folks in her storyline.

• Love 6

Let me preface this by saying that Babs deserves 1,000 kudos for mothering Jace since infancy.  However, there are some behaviors of hers that I see that lead me to believe that Jace's life will end up in tragedy of some sort.  Barb- you don't complain about how "bad" a kid is being to someone else right in front of their face like they're not there.  Barb- you don't continue to engage in screaming fights and tears with others with a child around.  You refuse to engage (which means not seeing Jenelle).  Barb- it's obvious you messed something up with your own kids.  Is it possible that you did everything perfect and the fact that all your kids are losers is due to genetic mental illness?  Sure, it's possible.  But it's way more possible that your kids are predisposed to mental illness and their upbringing with lack of boundaries, screaming matches, and no consequences has led to you raising two of your grandkids and the others are in harm's way.  Barb- Jace is exhibiting behaviors that are disturbing.  Call a therapist.  Read some books on how to deal with it.  Don't just badmouth them in front of others for sympathy.

I'm pretty hot on this topic because I know parents who raised a daughter.  Now, the daughter was definitely predisposed to mental illness and delays, but if she was given some structure and guidance as a child I 100% think she would have ended up a functional member of society.  This woman was too lazy to parent, and the kid ran amuck.  Screaming matches, rather than actual punishment, happened 35 times a day in their house.  I guess it was easier to yell at the kid than threaten a punishment and follow through?  Woman talked about how horrible her daughter was in front of anyone who would listen, including the daughter.  Physical violence between them occurred often.  Daughter grew up and had a son as a teenager.  Her mother ended up raising the son in her 50's while the daughter was in and out of group homes, homeless shelters, and living off welfare (which I think would have happened to Jenelle if not for the stroke of luck which was Teen Mom).  Grandmother vowed to raise this kid differently, but ended up repeating ALL the same mistakes as before.  For example, kid would wake up at 5 am and sneak ice cream out of the fridge and binge on it until he was sick.  Rather than not buying ice cream, locking the freezer, setting up a motion alarm, bringing him to a therapist, or getting up at 5 am to intercept him, she just started buying individual ice cream cups so he wouldn't make a mess with his 5 am binges.  The son now resides in a group home after stealing and acts of violence.  Despite this woman WANTING to be a good mom, having good intentions, and raising her grandkid when she should have been nearing retirement, she ended up screwing up two children who will ultimately have no decent life.  I see this with Barb, and as much as I want to think she's a saint for raising Jace, I can't help but see his future mirrored in the boy I know, and it makes me so sad.

OMG, THANK YOU!  I've been saying this exact thing for a while here on these boards but the Barb love is strong.  I agree, she's got good intentions with Jace but I refuse to believe all three of her own children ended up as fucked up as they are by accident.  If it was just one, I could stroke it up to bad luck.  Two, okay that's getting a little weird, but all three?  That's when you need to look at how they're raised.  Jace would've been so much better off if he were given up for adoption.  Hell, he might've had a stronger chance in foster care.   And even though Nathan is a total tool, the roll would be 1000% better off with him than Jenelle.

• Love 7

It was bad enough that Jenelle threw the roll in his crib while he was obviously upset (and probably sick) but she also left him in alone in a dark room. Couldn't she have at least turned on a light? Or left the door open? To paraphrase Rose Nylund, Jenelle is the precise moment that dog doo turns white.

I officially nominate "Garconanokin" as Jenelle's new forum nickname.

• Love 3

I don't think it was out of line for Leah to call her attorney to ask if there was any news on her case. Since it apparently had been a month or more since the court date, it seems reasonable to ask when she could expect to hear something. While I can't stand Leah, I thought the attorney could have been more professional and informative. She could have at least said something like "it can take up to 45 days to get a ruling" or something like that. She could always bill Leah for the call if it's that much trouble.

• Love 3

It is possible Leah had already made several calls to her attorney, but being that Leah is an addict, she probably called her attorney several times during the week asking for the status. I am pretty sure her attorney told her many times how long it would take and that a call would be made to her as soon as a decision was made. Addicts are known for sometimes being impulsive and impatient. And of course the attorney is going to charge her. Those calls are not free.

I have to give a side-eye to the idea of Nipples having custody. He does not have custody of his daughter. Why would he have Kaiser in his care? It is his mother who cares for his daughter. Without ever having seen Nipples mother, who knows what kind of home life she provides.

• Love 3
OMG, THANK YOU!  I've been saying this exact thing for a while here on these boards but the Barb love is strong.  I agree, she's got good intentions with Jace but I refuse to believe all three of her own children ended up as fucked up as they are by accident.  If it was just one, I could stroke it up to bad luck.  Two, okay that's getting a little weird, but all three?  That's when you need to look at how they're raised.  Jace would've been so much better off if he were given up for adoption.  Hell, he might've had a stronger chance in foster care.   And even though Nathan is a total tool, the roll would be 1000% better off with him than Jenelle.

I go back and forth on Barb. I think the problem is, she seems so much better in comparison to her daughter. And when she's behaving herself for long stretches, I tend to forget. But then I remember her telling Jace if he didn't get his act together she was going to send him somewhere else to live. That's just horrible! And it made me really look at how Jenelle was likely raised in a different light. Busy single mom aside, I wager there was a lot of fighting and verbal abuse going on. My mother was a busy single mom, but she was loving and kind. Barb is a much better provider than Jenelle, and I do think she has empathy - something her daughter is sorely lacking. But I also think she can be cruel, passive aggressive, and toxic. Barb is a better choice to raise Jace than Jenelle, but that's not saying a whole lot. And I often wish he could have just been adopted like little Carly. 

• Love 9

I don't think it was out of line for Leah to call her attorney to ask if there was any news on her case. Since it apparently had been a month or more since the court date, it seems reasonable to ask when she could expect to hear something. While I can't stand Leah, I thought the attorney could have been more professional and informative. She could have at least said something like "it can take up to 45 days to get a ruling" or something like that. She could always bill Leah for the call if it's that much trouble.

The tone that lawyer had told me "This is the fourth time in three days you've called," that's straight addict behavior, as others have pointed out. I think she probably told Leah at the outset how long a ruling takes, and Leah just couldn't fight back the urge to consistently call. To me the only other way her tone makes sense is MTV TOLD her to call the lawyer and ask for dramastic purposes, not really giving a shit that Leah had called the day before and before that, when they weren't filming. 

• Love 8

The tone that lawyer had told me "This is the fourth time in three days you've called," that's straight addict behavior, as others have pointed out. I think she probably told Leah at the outset how long a ruling takes, and Leah just couldn't fight back the urge to consistently call. To me the only other way her tone makes sense is MTV TOLD her to call the lawyer and ask for dramastic purposes, not really giving a shit that Leah had called the day before and before that, when they weren't filming.

Her sister had that same tone when she was asked to pick up the girls from school. It was obvious it wasn't the first time she'd been asked.

• Love 4

Also, I don't think anyone's mentioned it, but should Kaiser really have been eating a hot dog? It was barely cut up and I don't think he is/was two at the time of filiming (I actaully don't think he'll be two in real time for a couple more months). Hot dogs were on a list of things our pediatrician told us not to give our baby until he's two because they're choking hazards (even if cut up, according to our pediatrician - yes, I asked, as my in-laws are always giving the kids hot dogs at family gatherings).

I mean, in the grand scheme of Jenelle's problematic non-parenting, that hot dog is probably the least of Kaiser's worries, but still.....

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 6

Gracie has had nothing but tone with her mom. It isn't far-fetched to think Leah has burned many bridges with many people including her attorney. The thing is, the attorney does not have to put up with Leah's shit. She gets paid in the end. Gracie and the kids are the ones who can't just throw their palm into their mother's face and say "fuck you". Give it time. One day Gracie will say that to Leah.

• Love 6

I have a feeling Leah's attorney has had that very conversation with her a number of times already, from her tone.  Leah either doesn't remember due to be fucked up most of the time or doesn't care.  I have clients call me every day asking the same goddamn questions over and over again until I want to strangle them.   And I'm publically appointed so I can't even bill them for the calls (god how I would love to.)  You could tell by how Leah was just sitting on the line not saying anything after the attorney told her there was no news yet that she was just calling to call.  Leah, darling, you sure as hell do need a therapist but your lawyer isn't it.

• Love 5

Yeah Leah sounded like she was just having a chat with a friend. After the attorney said "no news" she was like "oh hmmmm I wonder what is taking so long." It was so weird. That's not how I would speak to my lawyer or really any professional person on the phone but again Leah is just so dumb and has never worked so I guess she has no concept of people who are working vs. people who just sit around on the Internet and phone all day.

• Love 6

Yeah Leah sounded like she was just having a chat with a friend. After the attorney said "no news" she was like "oh hmmmm I wonder what is taking so long." It was so weird. That's not how I would speak to my lawyer or really any professional person on the phone but again Leah is just so dumb and has never worked so I guess she has no concept of people who are working vs. people who just sit around on the Internet and phone all day.

I'm surprised she didn't start telling her attorney how physically and emotionally exhausted she is.

• Love 7

Leah did tell her attorney all about being overwhelmed and stressed as she squeezed out those tears. I bet a million dollars on that very thing having happened during at least one office visit and during one phone call. No way would she miss an opportunity to whine and complain.

• Love 2

After watching her for years, I just can't come up with any reason for her to be overwhelmed. She makes more money than the majority of the parents in the world, has a plethora of relatives that she dumps the kids with (listen to how many times her segments start with "I dropped off so and so with my mom, my cousin, the meter reader, the mini mart lady, etc"), she doesn't work or go to school, doesn't do housework or laundry or grocery shopping. What in the hell is she overwhelmed by? Having a special needs child? Corey has that same special needs child and he goes to work, takes care of his home and manages to get the twins to school and doctors appointments on time.

And, maybe she's getting a handful of meds from a doctor, but that's not what's causing her to act the way she does. She's doing the classic opiate nod. Her behavior and last season Germy's bringing up the fact that they were broke even though she makes 6 figures from the show and he makes 6 figures with his job tells me that she's spending thousands of dollars every month on pills. Her nodding out, chronic stuffy nose and blowing through money like water is all I need to see to form my opinion that she's spending every penny she has on pills, grinding them up and snorting them. She passed a drug test because she had a prescription for some of the things they tested for. If they'd do a more sophisticated urine test that measures the levels of the drugs, she'd fail miserably. If you have a prescription for xanax and vicodin, you'll test positive for opiates and benzos. If they do the more sophisticated test, they can tell that you're taking more than you're supposed to and if you're taking multiple different opiates. That's the way the court needs to test Leah and don't let her have 5 minutes of unsupervised time with the girlses when she fails. If she was a street junkie, she would have lost her kids a long time ago. The only difference between her and a junkie on the street is money. She has enough to support her habit,  have a place to live and family dumb enough to keep enabling her. Take away her MTV paycheck and her life will be in the toilet in a few short months. I have a feeling her family won't be quite as supportive of her without her money.

Some people can deal with things better than other can. Just because she has money and a lot of people that watch her kids (meter reader, lol) doesn't mean that she's not overwhelmed. She has 3 kids and has been divorced twice and she's only like 23 or 24. That would be overwhelming for anyone but especially for her- because she can't deal with things. I know she made her bed- but that doesn't mean that it doesn't affect her. You can see the stress on her face. She looks like she's 60 years old and that's not only because of the drugs.

As far as the drugs, I don't know what she's on. But just based on the way she was nodding, it could be benzos or opiates. I can't tell for sure. I don't know whether she's buying them off the street or getting them from her doctor or both. If you or anyone else know for 100% sure, I'd like to know. (I'm not talking about rumors or guessing, or even what Corey says- because he could be lying too, I don't know.) I do believe that she's self medicating because of how screwed up she's let her life get & I can only hope that she realizes it and gets her shit together. There's no way she will get the girls back like this- and she shouldn't have them either.

• Love 4

Also, I don't think anyone's mentioned it, but should Kaiser really have been eating a hot dog? It was barely cut up and I don't think he is/was two at the time of filiming (I actaully don't think he'll be two in real time for a couple more months). Hot dogs were on a list of things our pediatrician told us not to give our baby until he's two because they're choking hazards (even if cut up, according to our pediatrician - yes, I asked, as my in-laws are always giving the kids hot dogs at family gatherings).

I mean, in the grand scheme of Jenelle's problematic non-parenting, that hot dog is probably the least of Kaiser's worries, but still.....

My youngest is a year older than these kids and I can confirm that hot dogs can be a serious choking hazard and should be cut up into little pieces even for kids who are a lot older than Kaiser. They are one of the most common things that kids choke on along with grapes (which should also be cut up) and popcorn. That scene was so weird - he had almost a whole hot dog with a bun on his high chair tray and was ignoring it, and Jenelle/Tori were busy frying up like five more hot dogs. Edited by ktwo
  • Love 5

I hope Nathan gets full custody of the roll. I don't think he's a good person at all, but he has shown paternal instincts and affection in the short clips we've seen with him. Jenelle treats Kaiser like a neglected house plant. I haven't seen one instance of good parenting from Jenelle. I haven't seen her try to console Kaiser for more than a few seconds before flying off the handle and throwing him in a dark room, she never holds him, she rejects any parenting advice from people who have actually raised children (unlike her), and she was so nonchalant about letting Nathan's parents watch him for half the week.

Not only that, she's a massive hypocrite for getting pissed at Nathan for taking him to Boston. Who the hell cares? First you complain that Nathan always drops him off at day care, then you complain when he takes him on a weekend trip. At least Nathan did something with Kaiser. I doubt Jenelle has ever taken him anywhere outside of courtrooms and restaurants with Tori. 

Nathan may be a scumbag. But so is Jenelle. The difference is Nathan has a heart, and he gave us the gem of calling Jenelle "trailer trash that hit the lottery." That puts him above Jenelle in my book, imo.

• Love 10

You're right, and he also shouldn't be in a front-facing car seat until age 2.

Edited by jennyf
  • Love 2

Does anyone know if money is put in a trust for this batch of children, especially Leah's kids?

There was a rumour that Leah had spent all of the girlses money. Not sure if it's true but Leah denied it and we all know how truthful she is.

• Love 3

I remember some of the TM girls saying they created trusts of their own for the kiddos...because they felt it was the right thing to do.  I think it might have been a radio show that Kail and Amber were doing.  They said that not all the moms did that, but they both felt strongly about it.  

• Love 2

LOL Amber was court-ordered to set up a trust.

Leah apparently drained the trust of her girls.

I would believe Kail has trusts set up for the boys.

Amber had to when she ended up in court for the time she had CPS called on her for hitting Gary in front of their daughter.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7

This is why Jenelle should have placed for adoption. Mtv should get involved and get Jace some therapy along with Babs.

I remember some of the TM girls saying they created trusts of their own for the kiddos...because they felt it was the right thing to do. I think it might have been a radio show that Kail and Amber were doing. They said that not all the moms did that, but they both felt strongly about it.

Ha. Yeah right. Maybe Chelsea.

• Love 2

Although, I will say, about the only good thing Leah ever did for those kids was ask someone else to pick them up. And isn't it odd that there's already a pillow and blanket on the couch? They were there when Germy brought Addy home as well. The blanket isn't that odd, but why the bedroom pillow? It looks as if someone sleeps there. Why? Isn't that house big enough for the 4 of them? Orrr....are other people living there? Perhaps a certain dude and his children? I love how on the after show Leah was all, "I ain't got time for a man!" She really thinks we're stupid. 

What's worse is that it wasn't on the couch, it was on the floor. For a second I thought she was actually going to clean up a little before her sister brought the girls home, but nope, she just grabbed the blanket and pillow and took a nap on the couch. 

I seriously have to ask. For those who are commenting Leah is overwhelmed, what do you mean by that comment? I can't quote everyone who posted that comment so, just asking the question without quoting.

I am wondering what is it Leah is doing all day that makes her overwhelmed. I have to wonder as well what is she doing taking on two more kids when she cannot muster the desire and energy to care for her own three children.

I don't love Leah, but I think a lot of people take for granted that we all have different thresholds for the amount of pain, stress, heartbreak, etc. that we can take, especially if you're a person who's been through a lot and you see others crumble over something that you overcame. I'll totally admit that I used to be judgmental as hell until I had my own experiences with depression and anxiety (and hid it) and realized that what's seen on the surface is usually just a tiny fraction of what's going on inside. Sometimes, the simple act of being can be overwhelming. I honestly think Leah is a very dim girl from a state with very poor education who has little to no coping skills. Everybody has catered to her or favored her because she was pretty and that led to a lot of her self-worth being tied up in her looks as opposed to education or skills and her mother did nothing to discourage that. Throw in twins at 16, one of them being special needs, and you've got a perfect clusterfuck.

It's always been my opinion that every step and misstep she's made after having the twins has been in an effort to find out who she is now because her entire persona was based around external validation. If she's not "pretty girl Leah Messer" anymore, who is she? Is she the young, hot MILF? Is she the special needs advocate mama bear? Is she the small town mom working as a dental hygienist? Is she the savvy Mary Kay businesswoman? Hell, if you aged her up a couple of years, a lot of her actions are classic midlife crisis: Cheating with an old flame that made you feel young and desirable again, constantly buying new, pricey things, having a band-aid baby, etc. Leah has no clue who she is, what she wants or what she's good and she's terribly insecure. She probably hates herself. It's indicative of her state of min that her drug of choice seems to be downers, she craves escapism over euphoria.

• Love 16

I wish the trust funds were set up so the moms did not have access to them, and they were turned over to the kids at 18 or when they start college. It sounds like the dads don't have access, according to Adam. Some of the moms, like Kail and Chelsea, I think could be trusted to safeguard the money, but Jenelle and Leah can't be trusted to not siphon off money for their own selfish desires. 

I wonder if Barb is in control of Jace's money. Does  anyone know if Jenelle pays Barb child support?

• Love 5
Nathan may be a scumbag. But so is Jenelle. The difference is Nathan has a heart

This right here.  Please God, let Nathan get custody of his son.  I bet it won't happen though.  Just hoping that maybe someone who loves Kaiser is going to see this footage and realize that this baby is doomed if something doesn't happen for him quickly, IMO.

Does  anyone know if Jenelle pays Barb child support?

I don't know the answer, but I think it depends on their custody status?  I don't think Jenelle ever gave up parental rights to Jace, s  I would say she must have to pay support.  I was thinking the other night, it's been a long time since we heard  Barbara talking about working at Walmart!  Her circumstances have clearly improved, as they should.

• Love 1

I believe the article reads that the kids have received $50k TO DATE, not yearly. That means after 8 seasons the kids have received that amount in total.

Yea, I wasn't sure about that.  The article talked about the Mom's annual income and then said the kids made $50K, so I thought it was an annual figure, too.  If that's the total they've paid the kids over six or seven years, it sure isn't much!

• Love 1

I thought Jenelle was ordered to pay something ridiculous like $30/week at one point for child support.

It's insane to me that Leah was supposed to be some pretty girl at any point...she's always been average at best, in my opinion. Her ridiculous hair and "fashion" choices have never helped. I will agree that her non-ugliness and being thin are all she has to offer.

• Love 3

I thought Jenelle was ordered to pay something ridiculous like $30/week at one point for child support.

It's insane to me that Leah was supposed to be some pretty girl at any point...she's always been average at best, in my opinion. Her ridiculous hair and "fashion" choices have never helped. I will agree that her non-ugliness and being thin are all she has to offer.

I think Leah was probably considered pretty in a backwoods town sort of way. Plus, and I know this is horrible, I think a lot of her attractiveness came from the fact that she was easy.

• Love 8

Must be slim pickins where Leah lives. And yes, Rebecca, I believe you're right about Jenelle's drop in the ocean child support amount and she didn't even bother paying it. 

• Love 1

The phrase "big fish in a little pond" comes to mind. 

What's worse is that it wasn't on the couch, it was on the floor. For a second I thought she was actually going to clean up a little before her sister brought the girls home, but nope, she just grabbed the blanket and pillow and took a nap on the couch. 

I don't love Leah, but I think a lot of people take for granted that we all have different thresholds for the amount of pain, stress, heartbreak, etc. that we can take, especially if you're a person who's been through a lot and you see others crumble over something that you overcame. I'll totally admit that I used to be judgmental as hell until I had my own experiences with depression and anxiety (and hid it) and realized that what's seen on the surface is usually just a tiny fraction of what's going on inside. Sometimes, the simple act of being can be overwhelming. I honestly think Leah is a very dim girl from a state with very poor education who has little to no coping skills. Everybody has catered to her or favored her because she was pretty and that led to a lot of her self-worth being tied up in her looks as opposed to education or skills and her mother did nothing to discourage that. Throw in twins at 16, one of them being special needs, and you've got a perfect clusterfuck.

It's always been my opinion that every step and misstep she's made after having the twins has been in an effort to find out who she is now because her entire persona was based around external validation. If she's not "pretty girl Leah Messer" anymore, who is she? Is she the young, hot MILF? Is she the special needs advocate mama bear? Is she the small town mom working as a dental hygienist? Is she the savvy Mary Kay businesswoman? Hell, if you aged her up a couple of years, a lot of her actions are classic midlife crisis: Cheating with an old flame that made you feel young and desirable again, constantly buying new, pricey things, having a band-aid baby, etc. Leah has no clue who she is, what she wants or what she's good and she's terribly insecure. She probably hates herself. It's indicative of her state of min that her drug of choice seems to be downers, she craves escapism over euphoria.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  Leah's refusal to accept responsibility for her lot in life drives me insane but I think there's a lot of truth to what you posted.   Leah is severely messed up and I wouldn't trade places with her for anything.  Hell, she makes me depressed (and enraged) just watching her.

• Love 2